It's my Birthday & I Celebrated! Lots of photos, food and fun! Updated 9/23

smile4stamps

DIS Veteran
The Trip Report has begun!

See below and the first 13 or so pages for the Pre-Trip Report!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Paula and I am a certified Disney-aholic.. I LOVE Disney! I love Visiting Disney! I love Characters! I Love Pictures! And I love to Share!

I am planning my next trip to Disneyland in June 2011! This trip is to celebrate my birthday and to visit with my best friend whom I haven't seen in over 2 years! The last time we saw each other was only for a partial day so I am really excited to be able to spend almost 6 days together!

I've been to Disneyland twice. The first time in October 2010 and the second in November/December 2010. Yes, only 6 weeks apart! Since then it's been a drought! June 2011 will be the first time I return after my time away. I do have an Annual Pass which I purchased my first time there as I knew I wanted to return throughout the year!

You can read about my first 2 trips here... if you care to of course.

On my first 2 trips I was completely on a budget. This time I am splurging a little! (Or maybe a lot!)

I've Booked our flights so I will arrive at SNA about 20 minutes before her on June 6th. She will leave on June 11 or 12 depending on Airfares. I will stay till at least the 15th as I want to spend my actual birthday at Disneyland and that is the 14th. My friend was not able to go the week of my birthday due to her work so we made plans to visit and celebrate the week before.

I will be using this PTR to organize our plans. And then this PTR will turn into a TR when I come back.

Here is my best friend and I. She was my Matron of Honor!
ry%3D400

More to come soon!

:cool1: Woo Hoo!!!! A new PTR & I'm the first poster!!!!! :banana: Sounds like it will be a fun trip for you & your bestie!! Can't wait to see how everything comes together! popcorn::

Yay, a best friend trip! I need one of those bad. My BFF and I will be celebrating 21 years of friendship this year. :hug: We've been friends since the first day of Junior High!

Anyway, your birthday is the same day as my wedding anniversary!

Hope you have a fantastic trip and I can't wait to hear more about it.

One of the hardest things for me to decide on was were to stay! I think I posted several threads on the main boards asking several questions. As I mentioned in the intro I normally go on a budget so had never even considered staying on-site. This trip I was considering it and was even considering the Grand Californian! In fact I had almost decided on the GCH when I thought we might go a Thursday - Thursday. I was going to book a costco travel package for 3 nights at the Anabella and then move to the GCH for 3 nights.

When we moved the dates to June 6 - 11 for my friend and it meant not being on-site on my birthday and looking over what others said in regards to the rooms at the GCH and all other aspects of it I decided on Paradise Pier! IF I had chosen GCH we would have only been able to stay there 3 nights and then move. With the PPH we can stay for 5 nights!

I thought about staying at the DLH but with the construction still there and the price was quite a bit higher for my dates I stuck with the PPH!

I actually just booked the hotel yesterday! When I finalized our dates and booked our airfare the AP calendar wasn't showing anything available and I was cursing myself for not booking earlier! Luckily my dates and the original rates I was counting on came back!

After my friend leaves I will be changing to a cheaper hotel. I haven't decided on that yet!

Yay, a best friend trip! I need one of those bad. My BFF and I will be celebrating 21 years of friendship this year. :hug: We've been friends since the first day of Junior High!

Anyway, your birthday is the same day as my wedding anniversary!

Hope you have a fantastic trip and I can't wait to hear more about it.

We've been friends since college. I was actually friends with her roommate when she started college at UWO. I quickly became better friends with her and have long since lost contact with the other roommate. We don't talk very often but she is always there when I need someone to talk to and I am there for her! This will be our first trip together so really looking forward to it.

I'm here!!

My trip in February with my best friend Dina was a blast. I look forward to following along.

One of the hardest things for me to decide on was were to stay! I think I posted several threads on the main boards asking several questions. As I mentioned in the intro I normally go on a budget so had never even considered staying on-site. This trip I was considering it and was even considering the Grand Californian! In fact I had almost decided on the GCH when I thought we might go a Thursday - Thursday. I was going to book a costco travel package for 3 nights at the Anabella and then move to the GCH for 3 nights.

When we moved the dates to June 6 - 11 for my friend and it meant not being on-site on my birthday and looking over what others said in regards to the rooms at the GCH and all other aspects of it I decided on Paradise Pier! IF I had chosen GCH we would have only been able to stay there 3 nights and then move. With the PPH we can stay for 5 nights!

I thought about staying at the DLH but with the construction still there and the price was quite a bit higher for my dates I stuck with the PPH!

I actually just booked the hotel yesterday! When I finalized our dates and booked our airfare the AP calendar wasn't showing anything available and I was cursing myself for not booking earlier! Luckily my dates and the original rates I was counting on came back!

After my friend leaves I will be changing to a cheaper hotel. I haven't decided on that yet!

I would LOVE to stay at the GCH someday. I keep hoping that closer to the date we might be able to get a good and deal and change to staying there, but I'm not counting on it. I was also thinking about doing the PPH hotel, but I was trying to decide what my reason would be?!? I think the only thing is just that it's Disney... Period .... Staying on property just adds to the experience. But I don't think I can justify the price. Right now I'm planning on staying at the Anabella. That's where we stayed last time and loved almost everything about it. It's only a 3-5 minute walk from there to the entrance of PPH, and I can't justify paying over $100.00 extra a night just to stay at a place that has Mickey Mouse adorning every where I look. If that makes sense? I think the Anabella is the perfect location if you're not able to stay on property. Have you stayed there before? If you have any questions let me know.

I'm here!!

My trip in February with my best friend Dina was a blast. I look forward to following along.

Hey Michele! Thanks for joining! Did you see I finally finished my last TR?!?! I was DYING to start this one but had to finish the last one first!

Your Trip report sounded like you had fun! I have to make a point of stopping at the bar you went to!

I would LOVE to stay at the GCH someday. I keep hoping that closer to the date we might be able to get a good and deal and change to staying there, but I'm not counting on it. I was also thinking about doing the PPH hotel, but I was trying to decide what my reason would be?!? I think the only thing is just that it's Disney... Period .... Staying on property just adds to the experience. But I don't think I can justify the price. Right now I'm planning on staying at the Anabella. That's where we stayed last time and loved almost everything about it. It's only a 3-5 minute walk from there to the entrance of PPH, and I can't justify paying over $100.00 extra a night just to stay at a place that has Mickey Mouse adorning every where I look. If that makes sense? I think the Anabella is the perfect location if you're not able to stay on property. Have you stayed there before? If you have any questions let me know.

It will probably be a long time after this trip that I stay on-site again. I really want to experience Magic Mornings and with an AP on-site is the only way to do it! The cost is only $30 more a night than the Park Vue Inn so I figured why not!

I have only stayed at the Quality Inn and HoJo (for one night) I am looking at the Red Lion for the rest of this trip... We will see! Also thinking I may try Priceline... that is a scary thing to try though!

Your trip sounds so awesome so far! So lucky to not be on a budget! Those hotels sound so fun to stay in. :)

Well It's not that I am 100% not on a budget. It is just MUCH loser this time around. I have worked a LOT of extra shifts to be able to have some wiggle room this trip!

Hey Michele! Thanks for joining! Did you see I finally finished my last TR?!?! I was DYING to start this one but had to finish the last one first!

Your Trip report sounded like you had fun! I have to make a point of stopping at the bar you went to!

I need to stop by and read the rest. Yes, you do. It is a fun place to have a drink and people watch!!

So AS much as a debate as where to stay was in my head so is the debate of where to eat!

There are SO Many restaurants I want to try!

I am thinking I am going to focus on the sit down restaurants when I am with my friend and then when I am by myself I will do the Counter Service places as I feel more comfortable eating by myself from CS vs TS places.

So here are the places I am thinking of with my friend.

Lots of Character breakfasts:
Minnie's
Storytellers
Surf's Up
I think Goofy's but probably not Ariels... From what I have seen the Princesses spend time with the little ones but not so much time when it is just adults

Other meals:
Big Thunder Mountain BBQ
Carnation Cafe - Lunch
Cafe Orleans
A WoC Preferred "Standing" dinner - leaning towards Ariels for this but welcome opinions!

Any other Must do's for food? I would LOVE to do Club 33 but I don't have any in's there!

I am also considering doing a Fantasmic Preferred Seating but not sure if I want to spend the money on that as my friend has lots of allergies so not sure if she can eat anything in the dessert box.

Thank you! I just wish it was here already. Although I am sure the time will go by pretty quickly!

It was the Uva Bar or a different one?

Yes, it is the Uva Bar. I love people watching and the bartenders are just great fun there.

We ate at Cafe Orleans and it was wonderful. Another place I loved this last trip was Tortilla Jo's we tried their taqueria this last trip and they have great nachos and burritos.

We loved Ariel's WoC dining.......it was one of our best meals!! We did it as a family in July last summer & then I did it with 3 other Divas on the Girl's Trip. Totally worth it to me......the preferred dining area for the show is dead center & not near as crowded as the other areas.....plus you get a great meal!

Hubby & I did the picnic after the Girl's Trip & I wasn't impressed with it at all. We ended up standing way to the left of center & didn't think the view was that great.

Love Carnation Cafe....but have only done the breakfast there......SO GOOD!!

Celebration BBQ.....finger licking delicious!!!

If you want a really good New Orlean's style meal......try Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in DTD......on the spendy side but very, VERY good food. If nothing else, go in for dessert & order the Banana's Foster....they're prepared table side........YUMMO!!!!!!!

We loved Ariel's WoC dining.......it was one of our best meals!! We did it as a family in July last summer & then I did it with 3 other Divas on the Girl's Trip. Totally worth it to me......the preferred dining area for the show is dead center & not near as crowded as the other areas.....plus you get a great meal!

Hubby & I did the picnic after the Girl's Trip & I wasn't impressed with it at all. We ended up standing way to the left of center & didn't think the view was that great.

Love Carnation Cafe....but have only done the breakfast there......SO GOOD!!

Celebration BBQ.....finger licking delicious!!!

If you want a really good New Orlean's style meal......try Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in DTD......on the spendy side but very, VERY good food. If nothing else, go in for dessert & order the Banana's Foster....they're prepared table side........YUMMO!!!!!!!

I saw your dining review of the Bananas Foster! I was so salivating! I love Banana's Foster! I am thinking of getting that for dessert on a day I am by myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter