• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times!

Bummer about missing some of your friends dates, but hey, you're going to Disney!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

So no real complaining, like you said!!

What are the exact dates you settled on??

You could just add your planning to this report if it's easier for you, I can't wait to hear all the fun! popcorn::

It would have been cool to meet you too, but hey - you're still going to Disney!!!

Yeah, I always feel like a slacker after reading some of D~'s days, but then I remember I work full time too. :)

If you decide to start a PTR - put up a link so we can follow along!

Have a great evening!

Soooo What are the dates?!?

September 17th to the 24th. I'm soooo excited!!!!:jumping1:

We get in on the 24th early........will you still be there then??? P.S. I am sooooooo glad that you are able to add your trip back in for september. I know you were bummed about not going :goodvibes

We leave on the 24th, but not until afternoon. I think we'll catch the ME at 1:30 or so. Where are you staying again? I know it's changed and I can't remember. That would be awesome, even if it's just to say a quick hi!

Bummer about missing some of your friends dates, but hey, you're going to Disney!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

So no real complaining, like you said!!

What are the exact dates you settled on??

You could just add your planning to this report if it's easier for you, I can't wait to hear all the fun! popcorn::

Hey, Terri, you are included as one of the friends I'll be missing, young lady! My dates are September 17 to the 24th. Thanks for sharing my excitement. I think I'm more excited for this trip because I really didn't think I'd be going again until April. I'm just soooo happy about it. As you would say: Skreeeee!!:yay:

It would have been cool to meet you too, but hey - you're still going to Disney!!!

Yeah, I always feel like a slacker after reading some of D~'s days, but then I remember I work full time too. :)

If you decide to start a PTR - put up a link so we can follow along!

Have a great evening!

I'll for sure put up a link if I do. I may just tag onto this one. :rolleyes1

What would you guys think if I actually finished this report? I know, it boggles the mind that I could actually finish it, but it's been written out in word for almost two months and I just haven't taken the time to add the photos. Sooo, I think I'll do that now. Thanks for following along with me!

Coming up…the last day….at last!!!!

Let’s get this last day out of the way, shall we? It’s been a long time coming and that’s a fact!! Thank you all for hanging in there with me and encouraging me along the way. You guys are the best!:grouphug:

Soooo, day 9:

Our morning was spent packing up and getting our bags checked with bell services. That always seems to take longer than we’d like. But they are very efficient and friendly. I ended up having to take something out of our big suitcase since it was over 50 lbs. Yikes!! :eek:

We took time to have our picture made with this sweetie pie who greets everyone with a smile and a bible verse if you linger. He’s been at FQ for as long as we’ve been going there and he’s just adorable.

Then we headed to the bus stop and where do you think we decided to go? My favorite park. The one I can never get enough of. The one that starts our trip and ends our trip. Magic Kingdom. I know, we were just there the night before, but when we talked about where to end our trip, we just couldn’t make it anywhere but there.

We didn’t make rope drop or see the Welcome show, but that’s okay. We did see the dancer/singer group on Main Street. And the Dapper Dan's were on the back of the trolley.

And I've always loved to watch the little ones on the fire truck. So cute, but this little guy looks a bit unsure!

We rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, POTC, Haunted Mansion, Philharmagic, Space Ranger Spin and COP. Yes. Again. And loved them all. Again.

And because I just love this attraction, two from COP

And this broke my heart since it's one of our favorites. Splash Mountain:

Then we went to BOG to stand in line for lunch. The line for lunch always looks huge, but once it opens, they are very efficient and it moves very quickly. Our total wait was only about 30 minutes. (By the way, you may want to check your email while in Disney. I didn’t and later found out I had received an invitation to make a reservation for lunch at BOG. By the time I read it, the time had expired. I don’t check email and such while vacationing as a rule, but thought I’d give a heads up on this.) While in line we got to talking to the lady in front of us who was very sweet. She’d never eaten at BOG and she was by herself, so we invited her to join us. We showed her the ropes of ordering and sat at a lovely table in the ballroom right next to the windows where the snow falls. I tried for pictures, but none of them turned out very well. I got the braised pork, which is all I ever get for lunch there. It is THAT GOOD! We had a very pleasant lunch with our new friend and then we had to scoot because there was one more place we needed to get to before boarding the Magical Express.

We rode the bus back to our hotel and walked down to the dock to catch the boat to DTD. Unfortunately, due to high winds, the boats were not running. Bummer! So, we went all the way back up to the bus stop and waited a full 30 minutes for a bus to DTD!!! Don’t they know we’re on a tight schedule?? Sheesh!! Haha!

So, once we got there, Dan went to EOS to get a couple of their Holiday sandwiches to go for the airport. Meanwhile, I went to the World of Disney shop and got some souvenirs. One thing I’d had my eye on was a cover for my ipad mini. It was pretty expensive, so I wasn’t sure I wanted to get it, but Dan insisted. He felt so badly that I had been so sick, he wanted me to have something I would really like, so I got it. I don’t usually spend money on myself. I have no problem buying for everyone else, just not me. I think that’s typical of moms.

So, to the bus stop we went to wait for our bus back to FQ. We waited. And waited. And waited. We struck up a conversation with a really nice couple from New Jersy and that helped pass the time. We had allowed 80 minutes to get back to FQ from DTD and it took 75!! We sure did miss the boats, since we never have much of a wait with those! I had just enough time to run into our gift shop and use up the last of our snack credits for things for the grandkids.

One more bit of Pixie Dust I wanted to share. And the CM who helped us out said she would deny doing it if it came up since she was majorly bending some rules. Dan went to settle our bill a couple of days before we were to leave. We had treated our DD, and DSILl to the meal at the Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare. We charged it to our room. When the CM found out I’d been sick and we had lots of TS meals left on our dining plan, she used the left-over meals to pay for their meals so we had no out of pocket expense except the tip! That made us feel so much better because we paid for our dining plan and it seemed like such a waste. No where but at Disney would this happen! They are just amazing at service beyond the call of duty. pixiedust::grouphug:

I think I already reported our trip home was great and I got full blown bronchitis after getting home. I finally got my voice back a few days later. Poor Dan! :lmao:

******************************************************************************************************

I don’t remember if I mentioned not liking the new video that plays on ME, but I was really disappointed not seeing the old standby. I realize it needed a bit of an update, but wish they would have kept the same guy narrating it and the characters acting it out. Same goes for the trip back to the airport. Sigh. And I’m not one who hates changes. I usually am all for it, but this was just so...I don’t know, the official beginning of our Disney experience. Ya know? Oh well. I’ll get over it. Already have.:goodvibes

Here’s my opinion, for what it’s worth on the magic bands: For the most part, I love them. I think using them for park entrance is great. My only problem was mine never worked at Epcot. Not once. And that was at the gateway entrance once as well as the main entrance on two different days. Never knew why.:confused3 But only a very minor inconvenience. We found them very handy for paying for meals etc. I’ll go on record as saying that I miss the old fastpass tickets and distribution.:sad1: That worked so well for the type of touring we do. I did like the fact that we could change our FP+ if we missed our time or changed our minds. I did not like the fact of two favorite rides being on the same tier and only being able to FP one of them. That just doesn’t work for me. Of course, we go at the least busy times for the most part, so it won’t be a huge factor for us, but I see it being difficult for others. I do like that they are now allowing more than 3 FP selections per day after you’ve used yours. I’m sure they’re still tweaking this system and will iron out a few more of the bugs in the months and years to come. Meanwhile, it’s still the happiest place on earth, no matter what!:dance3:

So, again, thanks to all who stuck around to read this almost never finished report. Thanks to Mo for encouraging me to write my first ever report. I just love all my DIS friends. Hope you all have a great weekend coming up!

We'll be down there the 9/20 through 9/27 so there is a little overlap.

We also start and finish on Magic Kingdom. It's not necessarily our favorite park (it's in a category all by itself - beyond favorite) but we've discovered that if we do not end on MK, bad things happen. Or we end up there anyway. ;)

I've never ridden the ME, but I've heard some disappointment about the new video.

Great first TR and completed!!!

:sad1:We leave on the 13th:sad1:

We always start at the MK too, and try to end there each trip. When we went in March, we only had 4 days and there was not enough time to get back to MK on the last day. That made me a bit sad, but I knew we would be back in Sept, so I wasn't too upset.

You rode all my favorite rides too!

Dang it! We leave on the 14th!!! :mic:

I am so glad you wrote you FIRST PTR EVER! you did a great job. your all so stinkin cute. i loved the pictures of you all!!!

Humm Bummer on the MB's not working.. I really am not looking forward to them. Plus i KNOW I will somehow get them all screwed up. we have 10 of them coming. i am sure i will have them mixed up by the second day. :crazy2:

so now you have to start a PTR.. since you are planning a trip where Tess and i will be NO WHERE IN SITE! :badpc:

We'll be down there the 9/20 through 9/27 so there is a little overlap.

We also start and finish on Magic Kingdom. It's not necessarily our favorite park (it's in a category all by itself - beyond favorite) but we've discovered that if we do not end on MK, bad things happen. Or we end up there anyway. ;)

I've never ridden the ME, but I've heard some disappointment about the new video.

Great first TR and completed!!!

Well, then, we have GOT to plan a meet. Have you decided where you'll be each day yet? Our plans are not complete yet, but when they are, I'll let you know. :yay: I'm excited!

:sad1:We leave on the 13th:sad1:

We always start at the MK too, and try to end there each trip. When we went in March, we only had 4 days and there was not enough time to get back to MK on the last day. That made me a bit sad, but I knew we would be back in Sept, so I wasn't too upset.

You rode all my favorite rides too!

I am soooo bummed we don't overlap!! Now the guy Dan is working with for the project in the fall said it would have been better for Dan to be gone the week prior, which would make it the 10th through the 18th! We already have our airfare, so we probably won't be changing. But if we do, you and Mo will be the first ones to know!:thumbsup2

Dang it! We leave on the 14th!!! :mic:

I am so glad you wrote you FIRST PTR EVER! you did a great job. your all so stinkin cute. i loved the pictures of you all!!!

Humm Bummer on the MB's not working.. I really am not looking forward to them. Plus i KNOW I will somehow get them all screwed up. we have 10 of them coming. i am sure i will have them mixed up by the second day. :crazy2:

so now you have to start a PTR.. since you are planning a trip where Tess and i will be NO WHERE IN SITE! :badpc:

I am upset that the guy in charge of the project tells Dan the week before would have been better to be gone. Dan asked when would be good and they basically said anytime except the first and last weeks. Now, it's another story. Sheesh! On the plus side, I get to meet Ruth!!:dance3:

Thanks for all the encouragement for my TR! I wouldn't have done it if you hadn't "suggested" it!:lmao: And I think I WILL do a PTR as well!

Actually, the magic bands were pretty awesome. They were very quick at Epcot to get it straightened out. I think they have names inside of them, so that makes it easy to keep track of whose is whose. And if you decorate them, that makes it even easier. Hey, you juggle a lot more than that in a single day in your life, so I'm sure you'll be more than up for the task of MB control!:teacher:

Now I'm going on over to read about the epic DIS meet on Mo's PTR. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!:flower3:

We're starting to get to the nitty gritty of the planning. Days and what-not.

Have a Great Weekend!!

We will be at AoA on the morning of the 24th and then we switch over to CSR. Maybe we could meet up somewhere for a quick hello!!!

YAY!!!! Great report......too bad you were sick for part of your trip, but there's always the next one....:thumbsup2

Nice pixie dust upon checkout!!! Disney sure knows how to do customer service!!! :cool1:

Sooooooo, are you doing a ptr?

:thumbsup2 GOOD JOB ON YOUR REPORT!!!

What a sweet last day! I love that little man at POFQ, he's adorable!! Never met him, but he looks very kind! :goodvibes

I have never got to see the cars and trolleys out on Main Street, I hope we get to this time, it seems so classic Disney to me, I really want to experience it!

All your favorite rides on your last day is awesome!!

Oh and your ipad cover is super cute! Good buy! You're right about the mom thing, it is extremely hard to buy for myself!! Last trip I said I wanted to buy a tee shirt somewhere, but I could never bring myself to spend nearly $40 on a tee shirt! Even if it was the only thing I wanted! Sheesh!

So glad the nice CM worked out the dining credits for you! What a sweet way to end your stay :)

You did awesome on your report! I hope you plan to do one for your September trip! Bummer we will miss each other... :sad1: But that's okay, I feel like I get to go one everyone's trip with them via the reports, so its all good! :rotfl:

We're starting to get to the nitty gritty of the planning. Days and what-not.

Have a Great Weekend!!

Now they (Dan's temporary boss) are talking about having us change our week! Wait, what??? We won't have to if it will cost us more, though, and it's the airfare that will be more since I got it on a pretty good sale. So, I think we're still going as planned. So far.:faint:

We will be at AoA on the morning of the 24th and then we switch over to CSR. Maybe we could meet up somewhere for a quick hello!!!

YAY!!!! Great report......too bad you were sick for part of your trip, but there's always the next one....:thumbsup2

Nice pixie dust upon checkout!!! Disney sure knows how to do customer service!!! :cool1:

Sooooooo, are you doing a ptr?

That would be awesome to meet up, even if just briefly. We'll be at Pop Century, so we could walk across the bridge and be there to greet you!:yay: I'm actually hoping to meet your Mom before that if we can plan a time to meet at the Amish Door. That would be super fun!

I enjoyed doing the report and if my life had not been so hectic, I would have been better at getting the updates done more quickly. I do plan to start a PTR very soon. I will link it here if I can figure out how to do that! Thanks so much for the encouragement!:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 GOOD JOB ON YOUR REPORT!!!

What a sweet last day! I love that little man at POFQ, he's adorable!! Never met him, but he looks very kind! :goodvibes

Yes, he is always smiling. A human ray of sunshine!

I have never got to see the cars and trolleys out on Main Street, I hope we get to this time, it seems so classic Disney to me, I really want to experience it!

All your favorite rides on your last day is awesome!!

They really are so classic Disney and a lot of fun to watch. I've never ridden them, but may do that one of these times.

I just never get tired of the rides. I can do them over and over, just like a kid. Disney really is my happy place!:cloud9:

Oh and your ipad cover is super cute! Good buy! You're right about the mom thing, it is extremely hard to buy for myself!! Last trip I said I wanted to buy a tee shirt somewhere, but I could never bring myself to spend nearly $40 on a tee shirt! Even if it was the only thing I wanted! Sheesh!

Yep, you totally get it. But this trip my dear, get the t-shirt!! You deserve it! I'm glad Dan talked me into my iPad mini cover. Every time I open it, I get that Disney feeling. You know what I mean.::yes::

So glad the nice CM worked out the dining credits for you! What a sweet way to end your stay :)

Only at Disney would that ever happen. They really do go out of their way to make your stay magical. I've seen it over and over again. I just so appreciate their attitudes and spirit!

You did awesome on your report! I hope you plan to do one for your September trip! Bummer we will miss each other... :sad1: But that's okay, I feel like I get to go one everyone's trip with them via the reports, so its all good! :rotfl:

Awww, thanks! I enjoyed doing the report. I will do one for September, but probably won't start until next week sometime. I have a few things to work out first.

I know what you mean about feeling as though you are with people when you read their reports. I feel the same way. It gets me excited for my own trip when I see how much fun they are having or have had. When it works out to meet a DIS friend, it's just icing on the cake. I personally think we should rent a venue somewhere in the middle of all of us and meet up for a weekend "convention" where we all meet each other and have lots of food and fun. It would be chaos, but soooo much fun!

**************************************************************************************************************************************

So, as I mentioned above, there's a possibility we will be changing our dates. I don't really think it will happen, but the guy in charge of Dan's project may insist. I'll keep you all posted. I plan to start a PTR next week. I'll link it here when I do.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. TaTa for now.:goodvibes

Loved your TR! Can't wait for the September PTR.

If Dan's boss insists you change your dates, I'd insist they pay any diffence :)

Loved your TR! Can't wait for the September PTR.

If Dan's boss insists you change your dates, I'd insist they pay any diffence :)

I'm hoping to get it started tomorrow with dates finalized. We wouldn't change if it wasn't beneficial to us to change. I'm just afraid Dan would get calls on our trip if we don't change. THAT would NOT be cool!!!:mad:

I'm Not seeing a link to the Sept PTR???????:confused3

:stir: :rolleyes1 popcorn::

HaHaHa…what would I do without you to "encourage" me so?? That's why I love you so much! :hug: I'm hoping to get it started tomorrow with final dates. :thumbsup2

Hi Lois, I finally made it here to catch up and the report is all over. :sad2: I really enjoyed reading and now I'm going to hop over and join in on your PTR. Of course I've got a busy week coming up and they I'm headed home to visit Mom for a week so I'll probably get behind again. :rotfl:

I know this is an older post, but that is a PIV valve (Post Indicator Valve) for a fire system with a tamper switch attached to left side. This allow loops of underground fire lines to be isolated for service.

The first one to guess will get....well, nothing! But bragging rights count, right? I'll be back![/QUOTE

I know this is an older post, but that is a PIV valve (Post Indicator Valve) for a fire system with a tamper switch attached to left side. This allow loops of underground fire lines to be isolated for service.

The first one to guess will get....well, nothing! But bragging rights count, right? I'll be back![/QUOTE

HaHa! Thanks for the info. I had no idea what it was, but thought it looked pretty cool. This one is at DTD, but I did see them elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter