It was the best of times, it was the worst of times!

Checking in... I hope you made it on your flight Lois, and with out too much more of a wait. That is so sweet that Caroline was asking for you. :lovestruc

Please update when you can and safe travels. :hug:

D~

I'm baaaack! I'm so sorry I didn't check in while I was gone. I had a glitch with my laptop while at Emily's. I actually forgot I had checked in from the airport, so didn't realize you sweet people would be wondering. Again, my apologies!

I didn't get on the 1:45 flight, but I not only got on the 6:00 flight, I got first class. Oh yeah, after 12 hours of sitting in the airport, I got the first class treatment I so richly deserved!:rotfl2: I had to stay the night at my sister's in Dallas and fly to Colorado the next day, but it was so worth it.

I'll just say that we had so much fun for the week I was there. I had some trouble with the altitude, but other than that, it was fabulous! We hiked in the mountains and went to the Rocky Mountain Zoo among other things. The morning after I left, Caroline woke up asking for me again. :lovestruc

I was supposed to stay with my sister until Thursday, but had to leave Wednesday night due to full flights. But before I left, my sister treated me to my very first pedicure!! It was the full treatment at a beautiful spa. I don't know how much is normal, but I had paraffin on my feet and massage of my legs and feet and then a hot stone massage, all while sipping a mimosa! Oh yeah, I could get used to that. The only thing was, I let the girl talk me out of the polish I had selected and went with her choice instead, which I really don't love that much, but boy, I really loved the experience. :thumbsup2

Home for a day and then Dan and I left for Virginia and a visit with Jennifer and all. Selah turned 7 on the 17th and we celebrated her birthday a week late, but it was fun. I was a little surprised at how much Jennifer is still limping. She is to get fitted for a brace today, so hopefully that will help her situation tremendously. But she can walk and carry the baby at the same time, as well as drive, so she's really grateful for that!

We took a drive Saturday to Harper's Ferry, WV to visit the sight of our DSIL's fall from a cliff 20 years before. He broke many bones in his body and nearly got run over by a car since he landed in a road. He wanted to show the place to his kids and tell them about how God saved him that day. I think only Selah got the message, but it was a great day with beautiful weather.

When we got home to Ohio on Sunday, I found out that Dan had surprised me and painted and installed my upper cabinets in my sewing room while I was in Colorado. I hadn't even been downstairs since I'd been home, so it was quite a surprise. They look fabulous and now I need to get down there and really organize everything.

On the Disney front: One of the first things Miles said to me was when he turned five we were going to take him to get a Mickey ice cream bar! I told him he had to be willing to get on a plane or we couldn't go. He just smiled, so I don't know how he feels about it at this point. We're still going to proceed as though he'll be willing to fly. I hope it works out!

I got caught up on everyone's ptr/tr and it looks like lots of good plans moving forward. I hope I'll be able to start planning in ernest soon. Hugs to all of you and prayers for you as well. We can all use prayer, right? Have a fantastic week everyone!!!:grouphug:

Here's a photo of the girls when they picked me up at the airport: (Note Charlotte has her Frozen outfit on) Emily says she would wear it or the Cinderella every day if they didn't need washed)

Thanks for checking in Lois, I was starting to get worried, but very glad you are well and had a great time! The girls are soooo adorable!!! I just love seeing them!

Oooh - your pedicure sounds marvelous... I get the full leg massage with mine, but no wax or hot stones, so it sounds like you got the Grand-daddy of pedicures. :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear the Jennifer is still limping, hopefully the brace will help her with that. And glad to hear she is getting around - it must be such a relief!

Awesome that Dan was able to get your cabinet installed while you were gone - what a wonderful surprise! Atta boy Dan!!!!

Glad to have you back!!! Now get some rest after all those trips! :hug:

D~

Welcome back!!!!!!! I'm so glad that you had such a great trip.......and first class, first "first class" pedicure, and new cabinets!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: NICE!

I am horribly behind on everything around here. I have been working extra.....A LOT!!! Much more than I expected, so I have not been up here much.. I try to read a bit here and there in between patients :rolleyes1 At least I am making a BUNCH of disney money....since I will end up with about 60 hours this week, I'm hoping to be paid in full when I get this check about three weeks from now.....but I will be glad when I go back to giving all my call away! ;)

I was a little worried about you at the airport but after a couple of days, I figured you must have made it out. :lmao:

Glad you had a good visit with the girls. They are so cute!

I do the hot stone pedicure from time to time. It's more expensive than a standard pedicure so I don't do it every time. The paraffin wax is available as an add on but I've never done it. I love pedicures!

You have a great husband! How nice of him to take care of your sewing room while you were gone.

Glad Jennifer can get around better now, but so sorry she is still limping. I hope she keeps improving.

It sounds like Miles might be coming around! Fingers crossed that he will.

Sounds like a fun, busy time!

Oh yeah. It's good to be back, but I just love seeing my family!

Thanks for checking in Lois, I was starting to get worried, but very glad you are well and had a great time! The girls are soooo adorable!!! I just love seeing them!!

Thanks! I love seeing the photos of all my DIS friends too!

Oooh - your pedicure sounds marvelous... I get the full leg massage with mine, but no wax or hot stones, so it sounds like you got the Grand-daddy of pedicures. :thumbsup2!

I wasn't sure what was normal or what was add on, but my sister rarely does anything half way, so I figured we were getting the deluxe. I think I'm hooked! My sister wanted to treat me because she feels badly that I have to deal with our parents alone and she is so far away and can't help. I appreciate that she realizes the stress of caring for older parents. So sweet.

Sorry to hear the Jennifer is still limping, hopefully the brace will help her with that. And glad to hear she is getting around - it must be such a relief!!

Yes, she realizes she won't be back to normal any time soon. The brace is painful, but seems as though it will really work to straighten her leg over time. It will take several months, but we think it will be worth it.

Awesome that Dan was able to get your cabinet installed while you were gone - what a wonderful surprise! Atta boy Dan!!!!!

I know! I was so surprised, but it is so typical of Dan. He loves to surprise me all the time. I began the task of organizing my new space and it's going more slowly than I thought it would, but it's fun. I'm anxious to get back to sewing!

Glad to have you back!!! Now get some rest after all those trips! :hug:

D~

Thanks, D~! It's good to be back. I had a deep tissue massage yesterday, so that went a long way toward resting up. (Although she was fairly brutal on my neck. HaHa) Hope you are having a wonderful time with Mo, Suzi and Tess!!

Welcome back!!!!!!! I'm so glad that you had such a great trip.......and first class, first "first class" pedicure, and new cabinets!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: NICE!

Yes, it was fun times for sure. I love the little dish of warm nuts they bring you before serving the meal. And the warm cookie for dessert was called red white and blue cookie and had white chocolate chips, blueberries and cranberries. Sounds awful, but was delish!!

I am horribly behind on everything around here. I have been working extra.....A LOT!!! Much more than I expected, so I have not been up here much.. I try to read a bit here and there in between patients :rolleyes1 At least I am making a BUNCH of disney money....since I will end up with about 60 hours this week, I'm hoping to be paid in full when I get this check about three weeks from now.....but I will be glad when I go back to giving all my call away! ;)

I'm so glad you have the opportunity to make extra Disney money, but it must be so tiring!! At least the end is in sight and you'll soon be having busy days of another kind, with lots of pixie dust hopefully. It's getting close now, after all your planning and waiting. I'm so excited for you!!:cool1:

I was a little worried about you at the airport but after a couple of days, I figured you must have made it out. :lmao:

Glad you had a good visit with the girls. They are so cute!

:rotfl: Good thinking! I did try to get on the DIS at one time, but I was having internet issues. Never got back to it.

Yes, it was wonderful to be there. Colorado is so beautiful, too.

I do the hot stone pedicure from time to time. It's more expensive than a standard pedicure so I don't do it every time. The paraffin wax is available as an add on but I've never done it. I love pedicures!

I have bad feet and always thought a pedi would not feel good at all for me. Umm, I was wrong all these years!!:upsidedow Now I'm pretty sure I'll be having them on a regular basis. At least in the nice weather months.::yes::

You have a great husband! How nice of him to take care of your sewing room while you were gone.

Glad Jennifer can get around better now, but so sorry she is still limping. I hope she keeps improving.

It sounds like Miles might be coming around! Fingers crossed that he will.

Yes, Dan is good at surprising me. He loves to do that.

The brace will help Jennifer I'm sure and it's just a matter of time before she's walking better. Quite a bit of time I'm afraid, but she is so grateful for how far she's come.::yes::

We are really hoping Miles comes around because in the end we know he would love everything, including the flight. We have almost a year for him to get used to the idea.

You're back! Yay! Glad you made it home safe and you were pampered and surprised! Whoo!

Hi Terri! Thanks!! It was a lot of fun and a wonderful welcome home!:thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today. I'm doing :laundy: and organizing my space in my sewing room. Good times!

I've been bad about checking on the Dis and did not get on at all while in Chicago.

Glad to hear your trip ended up being wonderful after the sad start. I'm sorry to hear that Jennifer is still limping. Hopefully the brace will help and it will get less painful as she gets used to it.

I love going to Harper's Ferry, but what an awful experience for your DSIL. I don't think I'll ever think of Harper's Ferry without thinking of my dsil, Gwen. The last 2 times I was there was with her.

Jim texted us this morning that he and his dog Max were in Chicago and all was well. Ironic I know, that he was there and I was leaving, but his plane got in about 5 am and we did not get there until 7 am or so. He is going to spend a few days there visiting his in-laws and letting Max settle after being on the plane and then will drive to PA. He should be here by next weekend.

Way to go Dan on getting the cabinets up!

Glad you had a wonderful trip and i too am sorry to hear she is still limping.

The girls are simply adorable!!!

I've been bad about checking on the Dis and did not get on at all while in Chicago.

Glad to hear your trip ended up being wonderful after the sad start. I'm sorry to hear that Jennifer is still limping. Hopefully the brace will help and it will get less painful as she gets used to it.

I love going to Harper's Ferry, but what an awful experience for your DSIL. I don't think I'll ever think of Harper's Ferry without thinking of my dsil, Gwen. The last 2 times I was there was with her.

Jim texted us this morning that he and his dog Max were in Chicago and all was well. Ironic I know, that he was there and I was leaving, but his plane got in about 5 am and we did not get there until 7 am or so. He is going to spend a few days there visiting his in-laws and letting Max settle after being on the plane and then will drive to PA. He should be here by next weekend.

Way to go Dan on getting the cabinets up!

For me, it's hard to DIS while I'm away. Just too much going on I guess. So glad you're back. Can't wait to read all about it!

For some reason I was thinking a lot about Gwen lately. One of my best friends' youngest sister died last Wednesday and maybe that's why. I'm so sad when people lose loved ones. Yay for Jim getting home soon!!

I'll post a picture of the finished room later. He did it just as I designed and did an excellent job!

Glad you had a wonderful trip and i too am sorry to hear she is still limping.

The girls are simply adorable!!!

Aww, thanks! I think they are adorable too. And thanks for the kind words for Jennifer.

************************************************************************************************************************************

Here's a picture of my new sewing space. What you don't see is the huge desk I have my embroidery machine on. It's to the right. And to the left is a fold out cutting table. I did get down there and finish up organizing it yesterday, so I'm ready to get down and do some sewing.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

But now…you remember I said in an earlier post I was hoping to get down to my Disney planning in earnest? Wellllllll, I will be doing just that. Have already started in fact! Want to know more?? Okay, I'll tell you more….

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

AND WE'RE NOT WAITING FOR APRIL!!!!!

:cool1::yay::cheer2::rainbow::jumping1:party:WE'RE GOING IN SEPTEMBER!!!!!!party::jumping1::rainbow::cheer2::dance3::cool1:

I'll come back tomorrow to fill you in, but for now I have to get off the computer and get some things done. Just wanted to share my excitement with all of you cause I knew you'd be excited for me too!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Okay, so usually Dan can get time off whenever he wants to. He gets a total of 6 weeks vacation, so that's usually not a problem either. Unfortunately, he has been working 12 hour days and some weekends (for months) on a HUGE project that will roll out this week. There is also a smaller project that prevents him from having vacation at the beginning or end of a month. My first choice for Disney was 9/24 to 10/1, but he couldn't get that off. Next was 9/10 to 9/18. Uh, no go. Okay, the first week of October. No availability. Sooo, we're going in the middle of September. I'm not sure if that hits anyone or not. I so wanted to try for when some of you are there, but I think I failed in that. Seriously, any other year I could pick any date I wanted. I'm not complaining about a trip to Disney, just sad to be so close and yet so far from meeting any of my wonderful DIS friends.::yes::

So, should I start a PTR or just tack my plans onto this report? What do you think?

I think I better get down to my sewing room and work on my current project. D~ puts me to shame with what all she gets done! I hope all of you have a wonderful day today!:goodvibes

We get in on the 24th early........will you still be there then??? P.S. I am sooooooo glad that you are able to add your trip back in for september. I know you were bummed about not going :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter