IT`S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE...COCKTAILS, STEAKS AND CAKES..11 JOLLY HOLIDAY NIGHTS @ RPR-DEC 2019

Yes, I think we do. I love how we vacation, whether it be the two of us or the times we are so lucky that Kyle still wants to spend some of his vacation with us.......naturally he doesn’t want to spend all his vacation time with us, so we enjoy while we can!!

you know you’re doing it right when the kids still come ‘round, especially when there is limited eye rolling involved. Everyone has Their off days, yet I’ve been stunned observing what seems to be quite a lot of heated family drama in MCO That plays out in very public places. Maybe it’s the heat? Lol

you know you’re doing it right when the kids still come ‘round, especially when there is limited eye rolling involved. Everyone has Their off days, yet I’ve been stunned observing what seems to be quite a lot of heated family drama in MCO That plays out in very public places. Maybe it’s the heat? Lol
I've witnessed it also unfortunately.
We saw a couple getting into a physical altercation in City Walk...my guess is alcohol was involved??
Thankfully security showed up quickly!

Wow, coming to the end of the trip and now I'm all caught up! What wonderful adventures you had
:flower1:

We ate at Confisco and decided we would definitely be back, so you have another convert! We would have never tried it if you weren't so positive in your reviews
:flower3:

lol.....yes, I think I got the eye roll only once........and that was when I offered my help on MiB.......yes, even I didn’t quite think that was going to be accepted........

We‘ve seen many incidents over the years of meltdowns and I guess full blown temper tantrums......from adults!

A woman’s mini meltdown coming up in the next post!!! No, not from me...........:rotfl:

We saw a couple getting into a physical altercation in City Walk...my guess is alcohol was involved??

:scared1:

I can’t imagine being that stressed ever!!! Some folks though really shouldn’t be indulging in adult beverages as they just can’t take it I guess.

We always remember one morning coming out by Margaritaville after the security check and as we turned left for IOA, a family coming in for the day from the main entrance were ranting at each other like you wouldn’t believe.......how can you be that stressed at 9am!!!!

Wow, coming to the end of the trip and now I'm all caught up! What wonderful adventures you had
:flower1:

We ate at Confisco and decided we would definitely be back, so you have another convert! We would have never tried it if you weren't so positive in your reviews
:flower3:

Oh I’m so glad you enjoyed Confisco!! For us, it’s one of the best places in the parks to eat. And I hope your trip was a huge success too........::yes:: And that you got some lovely weather too.....one of my friends and her family arrived Tuesday and sent me a chilly emoji!! It’s just colder than they’re used to As this is their first January visit.........and their last I think.....lol......

Yes, almost done now.......it’s been a quick recap, thankfully the trip felt a lot longer at the time!!

Glad to see you back.......:wave2:

The other side of POE has the photography place and guest services. Have to say it`s one of the nicer guest services offices I`ve ever seen.

i-7JDZM4m-X2.jpg

i-vK79KHV-X2.jpg

To the side of guest services is a sign I had genuinely never seen before, and I thought it was unique and very pretty. And the Open Arms Hotel does sound rather lovely.

i-vPLGVGW-X2.jpg

i-XmJF8mK-X2.jpg

i-d4QPkVv-X2.jpg

There were a good few people heading in this morning, and it did feel busier than we were used to. But, one of our favourite things to do in the parks, is wander slowly around and take it all in as we pass. And even with the crowds billowing past me, I still managed to get plenty of pictures as most people don`t stop and just head to wherever their first target of the day is...and most seemed to be heading right which will usually mean Hagrid`s. We weren`t even going to try today......of course if it looked like we could get back on we would, but we didn't plan to line up as we were only in for the morning.

i-FQv467s-X2.jpg

i-x4Hk5Xr-X2.jpg

I loved this little themed area where it had the escaped prisoners from the Hoosegow escape using a ladder made of sheets.

i-jpkDQQK-X2.jpg

If you stand underneath you can hear the voices of the prisoners still left inside arguing....I love details like this in these parks.

i-vr5CTcH-X2.jpg

And of course the key to the prison is hanging on the wall below......

i-7W6N3Cr-X2.jpg

i-tJtptnq-X2.jpg

i-GNVZgMJ-X2.jpg

And of course, the other side of POE is themed just as well.....and with a good sense of humour.

i-t8zZnqQ-X2.jpg

i-pvHCwv5-X2.jpg

The balloon inscribed on the wall is the same type as the one in the store as you enter POE....and don't laugh.....I didn't notice that there was a huge balloon in there for years!!!!

i-VBHjbCS-X2.jpg

i-NtVghg8-X2.jpg

i-ndk7cGG-X2.jpg

i-N8w4HGB-X2.jpg

i-MrcGJVZ-X2.jpg

i-mT3RJXf-X2.jpg

I honestly love POE and there are so many little special features to notice, you could be there for ages just finding them.

And right about now, I had planned to take loads more pictures around this area......when the camera told me the chip was full!!!!

And guess who didn`t have a spare chip with me today...….

Usually at the beginning of every trip, we have 10 chips for the camera that we change every 3 days or so, it makes loading the pictures onto the computer easier and in order. And this trip we had used 4 chips already, and Tom thought there was plenty of space left in this last one.......unfortunately.....it was full!! We had taken a LOT of pictures this trip.

So, I grudgingly and rather annoyed put the camera in my bag and headed to meet them at The Hulk, where I informed Tom the camera sucked!!!! Of course it was the camera`s fault.

He was gutted the chip was full, and said he didn`t think it would be so full.....he should have checked it. But, of course it`s just one of these things......but so annoying!!!

I did have a kind of secondary answer......but not as good.......I had one of my ipads with me as I was expecting an email from our friend, so although I don`t usually take an ipad to the park, I had one today....and of course, it has a camera.

But, the pictures are nowhere near as good as the camera...but it would have to do. Kyle and Tom shared a few relieved glances that I hadn't over reacted......as if I would.....:rolleyes1

So, the next post is filled with pictures that aren`t anywhere near as good. But I`d be glad I had it.

More coming up......

So, the rest of the pictures up to lunch, are all taken with the ipad, so I do apologise for the poor quality of them.

I do like good pictures, and I love the way the camera takes them.....I don`t like pictures that have been touched up too much so it looks like they`re fake. But, I did try to fiddle with these ones as they just weren`t the best.

We did the usual, Doom and Spider-Man before wandering further round as I made funny but snarky comments about not having a camera, I`m a real peach ::yes::...….and although we do always enjoy some times without a camera in the parks, this was my planned day to just capture some of the more out of the ordinary snaps.....but hey ho.....was I complaining?? Absolutely not......here I was in the happiest place on Earth (for us) with my husband and son....what more could I want!!! Well.....a chip for the camera would be nice......lol......

It was very warm today, we reached 89F and it felt like it, even at this point of the day.

Tom wanted to do Kong, so we headed round and sadly, it was not working today, no idea why and we weren't going to hang around for any length of time as we had other things we wanted to do more. Kong is one of these rides, it`s not a must do ride every trip. So we headed on and headed towards Potter but stopping for a few minutes to watch the splash from JP. Although we had no plans to ride it today.

We did FJ and the EP was fairly quick which we were so glad of as the regular line was longer than normal, or at least longer than we are used to generally.

This ride we love. It is pure fun and Kyle loves it a lot......and they decide to do it again, so I say I`ll meet them by the Hagrid ride when they`re done. It`s a ride I can usually do once, maybe twice.....but today was a one and done as I didn`t want to knock myself funny when I`m due to fly later. So, I headed down to Hogsmeade and wanted to snap a few pictures.

i-NJJfgg2-L.jpg

I love the owlery and in 2017 we saw for the first time, the owlery steeple open up and the bird came out. It was Kyle that spotted it, and we had never seen it before......much excitement as we barely captured it on camera.......

It`s not something that happens regularly, like Kreacher appears automatically every few minutes, this was different and we had only seen it one other time since.

i-BbVZG6C-XL.jpg

I had just begun snapping the owlery when by pure fluke I noticed it open up again........well, I cursed not having the camera that takes such beautiful pictures with me today.....just a little!!!

i-3g4Qfc3-X2.jpg

i-rk6ZW6P-X2.jpg

i-kPvBCkS-X2.jpg

i-LJhm6nm-X2.jpg

i-DSrCp7s-X2.jpg

i-qNtz9sM-X2.jpg

I was thrilled to have captured this today...…a few unnamed people didn't believe me this happened at all...…..

So, to them I say...……..

::yes::

Tom and Kyle appeared just after this happened and were sorry they had missed it again. But, they had so enjoyed doing FJ again and again.....the joys of Express Pass........

Wandering out slowly and yes, a slight feeling of sadness we headed into Seuss Landing......

This area is always fun, and during the Holidays you have lots of Who`s wandering around the land and they are fabulous!!! Their interactions are incredible, and so much fun. And very, very realistic.....you can almost see them in the Grinch movie with Jim Carrey.....

i-XvjNVN2-XL.jpg

Tom used to have a sign like this in his office before he took early retirement.......yes, he was a good boss!!!

i-n3pJbBn-X2.jpg

We stopped for a few seconds on one of the carts opposite Confisco Grille where Len was working. He had been in the Christmas store yesterday and had looked after us. He has worked here forever.....or so it seems and works between the two places. Very lovely older gentleman who adores the place. And he never forgets you. We chatted briefly to him and told him we`d see him in May if he was still there.....oh he planned to be!!!

There are so many TM in the parks we know as we visit so often, and it is lovely when so many of them remember us visit after visit......I did love when a couple of them shout out "Scotland`s back again" with a huge emphasis on the "again" whenever they see us.......love it!!!

Down to look at the changes in the new JP coaster (cannot wait for this to be revealed) and it looks like there hasn't been many changes, but lots of work has been done with foundations and similar that we can`t see. I`m sure once it begins to rise, it will rise quickly.

I think Kyle was having a little reflective moment of "see you next year"

i-Xg5mDwG-XL.jpg

He loves Universal, RP, Orlando and America as much as we do, so it has to be hard to know it`s going to be a year till he gets back.

And this is where we feel incredibly lucky that....once a year, he still wants to spend time with us on one vacation in America and our favourite place. The rest of his vacation time, and it is a lot, he has other plans and we`re happy about that. I think he already has plans in place for the year already!!! We`re so glad he fits us in!!!!

i-zd8zT4R-XL.jpg

We stop off in the Christmas store once again, although I think I`d be pushing it to buy anymore items!!!!

But, as I alluded to in an earlier post, we witnessed a partial meltdown in the store today...….maybe meltdown is not the right word, but a woman seemed to lose the plot telling her family she hated this place, hated how hot it was....actually how god darn hot it was, it wasn`t fun, Hagrid`s sucked as did the whole of Harry Potter, the rides here are dreadful, it`s too busy and there`s no good food!!! And she was never coming back here again......

It was quite the sight if I`m honest. And everyone that was in the store had stopped and were openly watching this woman rant to her rather embarrassed looking husband.....who had a Harry Potter robe on.....so I`m guessing he was a fan!!!

When she stopped for breath, everyone seemed to just carry on with what they were doing.…..although the TM rather bravely asked her if she could do anything for her......I didn`t hear the answer as we sort of sidled out the store trying to look like nothing had happened at all!!!!

Leaving the park for the final time on a trip, is never, ever fun. We ALWAYS have such an amazing time in the Universal parks, we do miss them when we go home. Well, we miss everything that`s here......

i-sqp2X2R-XL.jpg

i-hRzhZbQ-X2.jpg

We walk back, and of course I didn't take as many pictures as we would normally take. The walking path looks so beautiful with the water as we head back. We were fairly quiet too although we were looking forward to lunch and seeing our favourite person there.

Up to the room we showered and changed and got into clothes we would be travelling home in. We like to be as fresh as possible starting out, so we don`t like to travel in clothes we have wandered round the park in most of the day. Couldn't imagine doing that.

And put a new chip in the camera!!!!!

i-dCXdKh5-XL.jpg

i-wzT75NW-XL.jpg

Before we went down for lunch, we had a few people to see before we left. And we managed to see most of them around the lobby. Including the lovely Samuel who had been on vacation for most of our trip. He used to be the Supervisor in the lounge, and had got promotion to the front desk.....we love him!!!! He is a little special to us, and we miss the amount of time we used to chat to him in the lounge....but glad to see he`s doing well. So, it was like a hello and goodbye in one today.

We said we`d see Kayla later in the day to say goodbye properly, but she was in the lobby right now so we stopped to chat as always, then the lady who is head of HR for Loews passed and we are always delighted to see her. We were introduced to her a while back, and she never passes us if she sees her. Very lovely lady who again, has a genuine kindness about her. She was pleased to meet Kyle as she had heard a lot about him, and she is a hugger which we love!!! Kayla did laugh and ask if there was anyone here at the hotels we didn`t know.......lol.......We chatted a little bit longer before they set off....us promising Kayla we would stop by concierge on the way out before we left if she wasn't in the lounge.

But, now it was time for food.....and this would be our last real meal before getting on the plane where food can be a hit or miss. So, we wanted to enjoy it for sure...….

Kyle loves Jake`s. It was the first restaurant he ate in at RP and has a fondness for it, we all do, but for him it`s his first choice for food here.

We are seated and our friend said he`d be there soon, so we ordered a strawberry lemonade for Tom and I, and of course Kyle ordered his last strawberry daiquiri of this trip.

i-qqJLM4f-X2.jpg

i-ZT8CW4m-X2.jpg

i-XgbXC42-X2.jpg

We all knew what we were ordering, Kyle had his usual cheese pizza with barbecue sauce base....and our waitress looked at him in wonderment at his request.......had no one else ever ordered that before? She said she`d have to go check if the chef would do it, we told her it was fine as he had ordered it many times here....she did look as if she didn't believe it, but took the order anyway.

i-bZDq9ZV-X2.jpg

Tom went for the meat pizza with added jalapeno.....and as we weren't sharing this one today, no pineapple!!! BOOOOOOO

I love pineapple on pizza!!

i-j29jm4t-X2.jpg

I opted to have the Bomber Burger with the best sweet potato fries ever!!!!

i-FGWvHSD-X2.jpg

Everything was amazing!!! The food was perfect and although we didn't finish everything, we loved what we had. My burger was cooked exactly how I`d asked, and I didn't remember enjoying a burger from here as much. And both pizzas were tasty and they enjoyed every morsel they wanted to eat.

No dessert today!!!

Our friend had come down to spend some time with us before we left. We always love to see him and love the time he makes for us every visit.

So, we chatted away the rest of the afternoon and we had such a lovely time laughing and chatting, and it was just nice.

Eventually though, it was time to say goodbye for this trip, I promised to pop off an email when we got back home and we would see him in May. We never enjoy saying goodbye, even for a few months.

We went up to our room as we had a late check out very kindly arranged for us, so we spent a little time in the lounge and got to say goodbye to folks up there, and one of the supervisors had a gift of a box of special tea for which we were very grateful as we love it!!!

It was getting late so we thought we`d better head off soon. Back down to our room we picked up all our rather unsurprisingly heavy cases and went down to the front desk.

We asked one of the concierge team if they would kindly call Kayla and let her know we were here if she was around. If she was busy we`d have been gutted to miss her, but the young lady said she was on her way right now. Yay!!!!

Kayla appeared seconds later and laughed when she saw us and said she got into the elevator and could smell my perfume and knew we must just have come down in that one...…lol....she was right!!!

Saying goodbye to Kayla is never fun. But, we email and can keep in touch that way, even so we would miss her as she is the nicest and kindest person. And we love being honorary work "mom and dad" to all of our "American kids" in the lounge......she actually thought we were back in March like last year, and did the sad face when we said it would be May before we came back.....yep, we`d miss her too.

I was beginning to bubble now. This is always such a hard time when we leave, saying goodbye to people we spend a lot of time with while we are here, and we are proud when they tell us we are indeed family. And we feel the same right back. But, Kyle very kindly leads me out after a final wave to our work daughter Kayla......

Walking out over the bridge I feel the tears smarting but, do pull it together.

One final look back and we get the car loaded up and we set off for the airport.

Cameron Tucker`s drinking game idea sounded good to me right now.....::yes::

Awww leaving is so sad. No matter how long a trip it's never long enough. Although if you got to to to Universal every day...maybe the fun would eventually wear off? I doubt it, just trying to make you feel better...at least you will be back in a few months!

Will say their sec is top notch at city walk
how can you be that stressed at 9am!!!!
I don’t want to find out lol

no idea of ballon, prison, keys or owl cookoo u mention. Where’s that dunce hat?

Awww leaving is so sad. No matter how long a trip it's never long enough. Although if you got to to to Universal every day...maybe the fun would eventually wear off? I doubt it, just trying to make you feel better...at least you will be back in a few months!

That`s true....even on our longer trips, we`re never ready to leave.

I think the fact we don't spend all day every day in the parks helps too.....we do love to get around and see things in the area. But, so far......haven`t even remotely got fed up with how or where we vacation. Maybe not for everyone, but works for us.....yep, counting down the days till May :cheer2:

Will say their sec is top notch at city walk

I don’t want to find out lol

no idea of ballon, prison, keys or owl cookoo u mention. Where’s that dunce hat?

Yep, we`ve always been impressed with how quick security respond to something. Saw an upset toddler who had been separated from parents.....it was seconds and four or five plain clothes guys appeared from nowhere. We didn't get the chance to report the kid to a TM and they were there. Parents were only a few feet away, but it was so busy that day.

Maybe I`m too lazy to be stressed.......lol.......

No dunce hat needed......I`m a complete geek that hold various amounts of information that is not really of use to anyone.....or the saddest person on the planet that finds all the back information completely fascinating!!! Not sure which is the more correct description.....:rotfl:

Carole, as always, thank you for sharing your trip and beautiful photos. Each installment is such a treat. I’m already looking forward your May report!

Thanks cocofifi!!!!

I`m so happy you`ve enjoyed it, and yes, we are starting to get excited for May, even though it does seem a long way off right now...….:wave2:

The drive to the airport is filled with blowing raspberries as we near the airport. Better than cursing...right !!! But, the short journey is uneventful and we are pulling into Alamo before we know it...…..still hoping for a delay or something...…..but, no.....

Alamo are flawless and have been like that for years with us, we get a receipt saying we owe zero and we get our stuff out of the trunk and head off over to the terminal building, gosh my cases are heavy now!!! But, I don`t complain as most of the purchases that is causing the heavy suitcases is all me........oops!

We take our usual last gulp of fresh American air before heading inside and going straight up to the Virgin Atlantic desk.

The staff here are lovely. I think they sense everyone is a little blue at going home and they do make an extra effort to be nice to everyone. Our cases are rather unsurprisingly a "little" over the weight they were supposed to be. But, it couldn't have been enough to add some charges......I`m always waiting for this moment......

Not today.

Tom and I have Global Entry but Kyle doesn't, so we did wonder if we would all get TSA pre check. We get it automatically with VA going home, so we asked if he would get it. She said sometimes putting in the first name and the trusted traveller number, gives it to everyone and sometimes it doesn't......so she put my name through first and lo and behold....we all got Pre check!! Yay......so we all got checked in and headed through to Security.

We were much later than usual doing check in today, as we had decided we`d rather spend our last hours at the hotel than in the airport, we made good time to drop off the luggage and go through to the gate. I think we`d do this again if our flight is as late, staying at the hotel till much later in the day was perfect and the hotel are always so good about us doing that, so this was ideal.

We had a quick stop for our usual picture by the beautiful Christmas Tree in the centre area of the airport.....and they had a lot of entertainment going on around it today.

i-skT4xzm-X2.jpg

And one of my favourite American flags.

I love how the flag is flown with pride in the USA. We don`t do it in our country generally, so it is lovely for us to see the flag everywhere with pride.

i-2d8m2Jz-X2.jpg

It took a few moments to get through security as there was hardly a line with Pre Check, and not having to take shoes off or ipads out is so much easier.

We never really take pictures on the people mover, or when we are at the gate......to be honest, we don`t feel like it.....it`s always busy and we just never get around to doing it......and airport gates aren`t the nicest of places.

I wish we had taken a plane picture as it had the Millenium Falcon design on it....not a big thing for me, but they liked it.

We find some seats and leave Kyle there as we head back up to Duty Free. It was so busy and we just made the cut to purchase as our flight time was so close. Tom bought the giant Jack Daniels, two bottles of rum and I picked up a bottle of Calvin Klein....just because.......

Back down there was hardly any room as the gate was full now, but it was only a few minutes and they were calling for Upper and Premium passengers to board.

We did our usual fight our way through everyone else who was in economy but had decided to stand and block the access....happens every flight......not quite sure why!!! We all have a seat.......

Tom offered to carry both our hand luggage as they weighed a ton, and I stopped to pick up the duty free...….the guy looked at my receipt and looked at all the bags.....I had already spotted ours, and said he couldn`t see it....he`d deliver it to our seat......I pointed it to him......it was right in front of him!!! He looked suitably embarrassed and handed me our very large bag......I thanked him and headed on to the plane........

I knew the CC who was welcoming everyone, she had been on several flights we had taken these last couple of years and did remember us and said she wondered where I was when she saw Tom......she is lovely.

We had the last two seats in Premium downstairs, and Tom was in the row in front of us by the window......we had the luxury of no one behind us, and we are first off the plane!! This is why we like these seats coming home.

I deposit the duty free with Tom to put in the overhead baggage space, and got settled down in our seats fairly quickly. I always give Kyle the window seat when he is with us...…and Tom get the other window seat in front, which is rare for him as he always gives me the window seat!!! Bless him.....although on a night flight it really doesn`t matter for most of it......but it`s still nice for take off and landing......

Within a few minutes we are served the sparkly and Kyle chooses orange juice......

i-3ZPRHqN-X2.jpg

Everyone had settle down really quickly in this cabin, sometimes we have people come in last minute and holds things up, but tonight, we were all boarded.

i-tqDFSsD-X2.jpg

We hadn`t seen one drop of rain the whole trip this time.....our weather had been so awesome and we had been surprised how beautiful it had been...…..so, we were surprised to look out when the airbridge pulled back and we saw it was bouncing down with rain......

His last photobomb of this trip!!!

i-r8ZdMQ8-X2.jpg

I very rarely watch a movie on the night flight, I tend to keep the Skymap up for the journey, so if I wake up it`s there and I can see where I am and how far we have to go.

It seemed we were half going along the Eastern Seaboard tonight, but we weren`t hugging it as close as we usually did, usually we went over land for most of it, or we go straight out over the ocean.....doesn`t bother me which we go.

i-j87zdvP-X2.jpg

i-ShsGmJ3-X2.jpg

We pulled back on time tonight, and we enjoyed a very smooth take off tonight, we barely noticed it actually......and before we knew it, we were saying goodbye to land and heading for the ocean...….the pilot had announced the flight would be just under 7 hours, which sounded good to us, anything less than nine and a half hours is good!!!

i-K8c9Xqc-X2.jpg

They came round with the first drinks service and I chose a red wine and you get the little bag of pretzels, which ironically I don't like generally....but I do like these ones. I get Kyle`s too as he doesn`t like them.......

i-5SXqDw4-X2.jpg

We got the feeling tonight they were rushing everything to get us all settled down to put the lights out......as I hadn`t even finished the wine when they began serving the meals. This was quick.

I had received an email four days ago from Virgin asking us to choose our meals again, we liked this idea as it saved you from being left with the vegetarian option which is usually not the nicest of dishes......so I hope they keep this up in the future.

Tom had gone for the beef stroganoff which came with rice and roasted veg, which comes with a salad with your little bottle of balsamic dressing, a bread roll with butter, cheese and crackers and a dessert along with bottled water and your choice of wine.

i-z6V89fp-X2.jpg

Kyle and I both opted for the Hawaiian BBQ chicken which came with a mustard mash, sweetcorn and a roasted mini pepper, and everything else was the same.

I have to say, this was the nicest airplane food coming back from America I have ever tasted. It was genuinely nice. And even Kyle enjoyed it which I was surprised at, but glad to see it.

i-sRBqt8w-X2.jpg

i-k6B8LCH-X2.jpg

The dessert was a lemon something or other that had the weirdest texture! I have no idea what it was...…..but we all left it after a small taste.

i-9NpzqwK-X2.jpg

They came round with an after dinner brandy or some kind of amarula type drink, we declined and had some more water of which we had plenty as we had bought a large bottle to share at the terminal. Yes, you can ask for as much as you want, but sometimes you don`t want to move. So we kept it under the chair in front. I think Tom may have had a brandy.

Then the main cabin lights went out......quickest time ever!!!

Usually now I settle down to sleep after a bathroom visit, but I found myself watching episodes 2 and 3 of Chernobyl. We had all watched it when it was on tv, and had weirdly enjoyed it if that`s the right word. But, after 2 episodes, it was just too depressing to watch again. I tried to watch some of Christmas Vacation, but it`s not the same on the plane screen.

So, as Kyle had now settled down to sleep, I put my eye mask on and pulled the blanket over me.......I fully reclined the seat as we had no one behind us, and fully expected the man in front of me to recline, but he didn`t which game me even more room.

Tom didn`t really recline much either. I saw he was still watching a movie when I went to sleep, I guessed he`d sleep later.

When I woke up we had more or less crossed the Atlantic and they were putting the main lights back on.....guess it was time to wake up.......

i-kwZv3v3-X2.jpg

Breakfast was making it`s way round the cabin and it was the worst breakfast I had ever seen with Virgin.

It was a cold oatmeal which was solid.....I wouldn`t eat that anyway.....although the tea was pleasant.

i-VxLVPPP-X2.jpg

I didn`t have my glasses on so I couldn`t see what the little bottle was......turns out it was a beet drink with pomegranate, lime and black pepper....it was gross. I thought it was a regular juice. Won`t make that mistake again!!

The other item was a roll with bacon it......it was tiny and certainly not like any roll with bacon I`ve ever made!!! But, it filled a hunger gap.

i-2Pp8CxZ-X2.jpg

i-g46XP3t-X2.jpg

I got up to go the bathroom when the trays had been cleared and met my husband there.....we had a brief chat as there was a little line, then we got back in our seats to prepare for landing which was about half an hour away now.......

And this as our view as we came into the UK.

i-H9kjFLv-X2.jpg

Another smooth landing which is always nice apparently.....I don`t mind a bit of a rumble and a jolt......but it was very smooth and we taxied straight to the gate which was unusual too. We were also 30 minutes early. It had been a very good flight.

Everyone around jumped straight up as the seat belt sign went off, and eventually so did we as it is quite good to stand up.

The airbridge didn`t seem to be moving towards us which was a concern, as it`s usually fairly quick. Then the pilot announced they couldn`t move it as they had discovered a bag that had been left unattended on it and were waiting for the bomb squad!!!! And we had landed so early........we all groaned and thought we would be here for hours.

But, it was only maybe 20 minutes till we saw it moving forward and being attached to the aircraft. We waved to the CC lady we knew as she was further up the plane in economy and we stepped off the plane to feel the chill of the UK morning. Welcome to the UK.

Going through Passport control took seconds, it`s all automated and facial recognition, so we all got through and down to pick up our luggage which of course took a while today.

This is never fun. And today some man told his two young kids to wait for the luggage.....they must have been about six and seven......and boy did they get in folks way. Eventually one man went to find a staff member and told the man to keep his kids away from the carousel. It really doesn`t need a lot of brains to realise kids and heavy luggage don`t go together. Happens every time.

Eventually our luggage came through, all three together, and we had to wait longer for my extra case....but it did come through finally. At least they are all here which is something we`re always grateful for.

We head for the elevators to take us up to the level we can walk to the Radisson for breakfast, and these are always a scrum....but we make it up and see that the elevators to take us up to the level we need to be to walk to the Radisson are down to one and there is a huge line to use them.

I say to Tom I`ll check the website to see when they stop breakfast as we had been so delayed with the luggage, so I go into ny bag to find my glasses......I can`t see my glasses.......I last used my glasses to watch Chernobyl......I put my glasses in the pocket in front of me......my glasses are still in the seat pocket in front of me!!!! Darn it!!!

Without my glasses I can`t read or worse...…use the internet!!!!

I say to Tom I`ll contact Virgin as soon as we get home, but he heads back upstairs on the escalator to ask at the Virgin desk there who we contact for lost property.....the girl says what seat was she in and makes a call to see if she can catch anyone still on the plane.

She contacted one member of staff who deals with assistance passengers and informed her she would be heading back to the plane in about 10 mins and would see if they were there!!

About 15 minutes later, he appeared down the escalator with my glasses in hand!!! Thank goodness!!! We were so grateful to them for doing that for us, they of course deal with that day in day out and said it was no problem, but it saved us some bother trying to get them back.

Of course now we had missed breakfast, so we just bought three bacon rolls from the coffee place in the terminal and sat and ate them there. Then we wandered down to the Radisson where our car service was going to be picking us up.

A quick bathroom visit then called her to let her know we were there, and even though we were early, she was almost there and about 10 minutes later, we saw her pull up outside.

It was cold.

But, we all fell asleep in the car going home and I slept for almost three hours in the car after chatting for a while with our driver. And then we were home safe and sound.

The usual followed........empty out all suitcases on the floor near the washing machine and I put the first load on before I made us a big mug of tea. Kyle said he was going to bed for a couple of hours......he still had the rest of the week off and the weekend of course which was nice he didn`t have to rush back to work, but he looked shattered and said not to wake him he`d come down when he woke up naturally.

We sorted out the laundry, sorted out all our purchases and sent an email off to our friend to let him know we were home safe. Then we just lazed on the sofa and opened up all our mail that had gathered while we were away.

Kyle came down around 6.30pm and they went for pizza for him and Tom and I got a lovely hot and spicy curry from our favourite Indian Restaurant......and it was lovely. Along with a nice bottle of wine. I think we lasted till around 11pm before we went to bed. And we spoke most of the evening about what a lovely trip it had been. We really and truly had the best time.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

FINAL THOUGHTS

This trip was so special for several reasons. First of course was the time we get to spend with our son once a year. We are genuinely thrilled he still wants to spend some of his vacation time with us oldies......but we`ll take it while we can. Life is busy for him with work and one thing and another so yes, we consider ourselves lucky to still be able to enjoy this time with him in Orlando.

There are always highlights, and we have so many......of course just being at RP, Universal and in Florida is special enough, but we`re always so lucky to spend time with many people we have known for a long time and some newer friends of course.

KSC is a stand out for all of us, especially Kyle who is very much into Space and the exploration work that is going on out there. I`m secretly worried if the chance came up for a civilian to make the journey to Mars, he`d be off like a rocket.....no pun intended of course!!!! But, the day there is just the best!!!

The hotel of course makes us so welcome and we value everyone there so much. It really does have a family feel about it and we feel so comfortable there and at Sapphire too. There are so many people there we care an awful lot about and it`s always so lovely to see them each trip. I`m glad we can keep in touch with so many of them too. We cannot thank them all enough for how special we are made to feel.

The parks of course we LOVE!!!! And being there for the holidays is lovely.....there is so much going on between the Parade and light show as well as all the everyday Holiday events, it`s hard to not love it.

Kyle getting on Hagrid`s was a gem!!!! We so wanted him to experience it this trip and he loved it......and by pure fluke there was no wait. Excellent.

Restaurants of course, we loved them all!!! There were some stand out ones as always, but nothing was disappointing and we enjoyed ourselves immensely eating out around Orlando.

Meeting up with friends is always lovely, and we managed to have a Dis Meet with J`aime Paris again, and that was just lovely.......also meeting up again with the Australian family was very special. We look forward to meeting up with them again in the future and for now we`ll keep in touch by email. Everyone laughs we don`t have Facebook.....nope.....never will have it either. Emails work just fine.

We missed meeting up with the lovely Keishashadow and her lovely husband this trip.......but I`m sure we`ll manage it another time.

Virgin Atlantic flights, we cannot fault. We may pay more for them, but they are worth it and we always enjy our time on their planes.

Coming home was the only down side. But, that`s never fun for anyone.......

Our next trip is May where we have 23 nights at Sapphire Falls booked, then in September we have 26 nights booked with a few nights at Sapphire Falls before moving over to RPR for the remainder of the trip.

And last but not least.........Kyle has agreed to come back with us for two weeks in the end of the year again!!! Yes, we have two weeks at RPR for the Holidays again........it`ll be a Nov/Dec trip and yes, 14 nights this time.......he is taking 3 weeks off of work so he has some time after as well. We are really excited he wants to join us again for some Holiday fun!!!!

So, we booked our flights a few days ago and got some good Premium seats again.......so another countdown for that trip.

But, I want to again Thank you so much for all the lovely and very kind comments along the way.

I write these trip report as a memento of our trips primarily. And one of the nicest outcomes is when folks post how they have found some useful info along the way......or how they tried somewhere they may not have tried before......it`s always lovely to read that. And it means a lot to read the comments from you along the way. It is lovely to know I`m not talking to myself and that some people do enjoy them.

So, again.....THANK YOU SO MUCH ❤...….It means such a lot to read the comments.......

Hope to see you on the May TR.....which should be coming up real soon........:wave2:

Thank you so much for your wonderful trip report! Christmas is a wonderful time to visit the parks. I was inspired by you to try RPR for the first time in Dec & we did enjoy it's proximity to the parks. But for our next visit in '21, you've inspired me to attempt to drive the Orlando area therefore we won't be staying on property during our time visiting Universal. Especially because there's 5 of us traveling this time instead of the usual party of 3, I think we'll save a bit by trying the car rental thing. We'll see! I'll be re-reading your trip reports for tips on off property dining in the Universal area.

Thanks for another awesome trip report! I hope we can meet up again in May. It looks like I’ll be in DC most of the week of the 25th, but otherwise I should be around. Cheers!

Just an AWESOME trip report Carole!!!!!!!!!!!!! The time and effort you put into these TR's is appreciated by many:flower3:

And....You had Wisconsin White Cheddar cheese on your flight back home :thumbsup2

Another terrific trip report! Such an enjoyable read, as always. We're heading out mid week for a long weekend trip before our passes expire, and we're all getting excited! Bring on the ice cream!🍦😎

Thanks Andrea.......I’m glad you enjoyed it!

And you have a trip next week!! That is fabulous.......hope you have a fabulous trip and yes, enjoy that ice cream!! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter