IT`S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE...COCKTAILS, STEAKS AND CAKES..11 JOLLY HOLIDAY NIGHTS @ RPR-DEC 2019

I think it was really kewl Kyle snuck into the pictures and some you did not realize he did that until you were looking through your pictures deciding which ones to use in your report

I’ve been checking out all the pictures you show in case there is another “where is Waldo “.......

Your “man child” is always smiling when he photo bombs you

I get a kick out of it

he seems to have a fantastic sense of humor!

mac, he has a wicked sense of humour!!! He looks to be quite sensible on the outside, but underneath he has the best sense of humour.....gets it from me of course......lol..…...

I`m sorry some of them didn't turn out so good.....I was looking at them and thinking....how did he get round there so quickly!!!

I always forget you never met him anytime we met up.....you`d like him a whole lot!!!

I haven't commented yet but I want you to know that I love your trip reports! You really are making me look forward to our stay at RP in November! :flower1:

:welcome: jeanelle.....

Thank you so much!! Always glad to read you enjoy them.......I can`t believe we`re almost at the end of this trip already!! But, it`s been a blast reliving it again......

Glad to have you along.......:)

Kyle's chocolate cake count is up to 16!!!! :cake: I swear, I've gained 5 pounds just by keeping track of how many he's had this trip!!! :rotfl2:

I know why the lady said you're "friends"... It's because you're famous and she thinks she can ride on your coattails and pretend that she's "famous" too... :rolleyes:

lol...….it`s quite a lot of chocolate isn't it!!!! But, once or twice a year I guess is fine...…..I think I put on more weight last night than he did the whole of his trip....... :rotfl: I lost count early on though how many he had......

Yes, it`s a strange thing to do.......Tom says just ignore her.....so sounds like a plan, as I`m sure at some point in May we`ll see her.

My money is on Kyle finishing the WHOLE thing all by himself!!! :cheer2:

You could be right!!!

Although reading the description...….there`s a lot in there he doesn't like.....if it was all chocolate cake.....that`d be different.......

"Each slice weighs three pounds and has seven layers: brownie, devil’s food cake, vanilla cheesecake, pecan pie, chocolate chunk cookie, vanilla chiffon, and peanut butter crunch – all held together with rich buttercream frosting between each layer, and smothered in chocolate ganache, chocolate chips, chocolate sauce, and Heath bar crunch. Oh, and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream"

Anything that`s not chocolate there.....he doesn`t like...….especially peanut butter!!!

Maybe they need to make it all chocolate...….:scratchin

Trying to catch up around here! Gonna go back and read more of your reports because we are finally doing a day at Universal in March!! Also we are staying offsite so I want to look at what great restaurants you found around the area for mostly some breakfasts and casual dinners with family and friends!

That is the craziest cake!! I think it all sounds pretty good although I'm not that much of a pecan pie fan so that would have ruined it for me, but I guess you can eat around it maybe. The icing looked fantastic!

Trying to catch up around here! Gonna go back and read more of your reports because we are finally doing a day at Universal in March!! Also we are staying offsite so I want to look at what great restaurants you found around the area for mostly some breakfasts and casual dinners with family and friends!

That is the craziest cake!! I think it all sounds pretty good although I'm not that much of a pecan pie fan so that would have ruined it for me, but I guess you can eat around it maybe. The icing looked fantastic!

:welcome:KathyM2...…..glad to see you!!!

It is hard to keep up with posts at times......

How lovely.....you`ll be there for Mardi Gras!!! We did the last two MG but decided this year as it wasn't our favourite event, to extend the May trip and give March a miss. In all honesty, we are wimps and some nights and mornings were a little too cool for us....yes, even in the high 70`s it felt cold!!! But, hope you have the best time!!!

There are so many fabulous places offsite......we`re often spoiled for choice where to eat dinner!!!

The icing looks the nicest part of that to me.....and I`m not keen on chocolate icing either!!! The cheesecake is the only part I`d like.....

But, good luck on researching for your March trip.....gosh it`s just around the corner now!!! If I can answer any questions I`d be happy to help......:wave2:

the only ones we won`t do are Jimmy Fallon,

I may have missed this somewhere, but why don't you ride Jimmy Fallon? Since I am a total ride wimp I'm trying to figure out what rides I can manage there at US, and I thought this was one that looked ok?

But, good luck on researching for your March trip.....gosh it`s just around the corner now!!! If I can answer any questions I`d be happy to help......:wave2:

Thanks!! I am researching like a fiend! I am going through your reports and looking for recos! Found a few things I want to try! Do you have a fave breakfast/brunch place?

Would the undesirable waitress at Lombard's happen to be Maria? We had her and she was so strange. We were never offered bread and she was perturbed thaty husband asked for a refill of his tea even though he was done eating.

I may have missed this somewhere, but why don't you ride Jimmy Fallon? Since I am a total ride wimp I'm trying to figure out what rides I can manage there at US, and I thought this was one that looked ok?

Thanks!! I am researching like a fiend! I am going through your reports and looking for recos! Found a few things I want to try! Do you have a fave breakfast/brunch place?

Well, we found the ride lame. It’s just a screen with moving chairs......which is exactly what Shrek is, but we like Shrek.........main difference is we detest Jimmy Fallon so maybe that has a place in our opinion.......lol......you’ll be fine doing that one....it’s tame and nowhere near a thrill ride. I tell everyone to try it for themselves....we all enjoy different things.

Plus the building is very cool you go through to get on the ride. That’s what we do now, is walk through and don‘t ride. We only went on it a third time because Kyle wanted to experience it.......he was less than impressed too.

We’re not the biggest breakfast people, so we tend to only eat in the Club Lounge, but do enjoy the buffet breakfast in RP and Sapphire on occasions.

But Keke’s in Dr Phillips and there’s also one near the Mall at Millenia are fabulous....it’s been a good few years since we’ve gone there but consistently gets excellent reviews.

We (Tom) loves Ihop.........::yes:: When he visited Miami in the early 80’s, it was the first place in America he ever ate.....so it has nice memories for him. But, if you were to go there, go to the one on Kirkman Rd and not the one at the top of I Drive!

Would the undesirable waitress at Lombard's happen to be Maria? We had her and she was so strange. We were never offered bread and she was perturbed thaty husband asked for a refill of his tea even though he was done eating.

Oh gosh they have two surly staff members?? No, wasn’t Maria......what a shame though, as it’s such a lovely place.

Not good though you didn’t get excellent service there. We had Autumn last time and she was fabulous!

MONDAY DECEMBER 9TH

This was another morning where we all woke up and had all enjoyed a lovely sleep. Our bed at home is bliss, but we did like these beds a lot. Pillows were a little too soft for Tom, but for me who usually ends up throwing the pillows off the bed during the night anyway, they were fine.

We were all up very early this morning, well, we usually get up early as most of you will know as we hate to waste the day, but today we had been invited to have breakfast in the Islands with Mr Beiderman.

To go back to last Thursday, Tom had gone down to the lobby and had immediately ran into him, of course he asked where I was and Tom said we were upstairs getting ready to head out. He said we must get together for either a coffee or something, so he said he would email me. He did ask if I checked my email while we were here....Tom laughed and said it was almost a religion....lol....I guess I do like to check an email or two!!! So, later in the morning we arranged to meet for breakfast today at 9am.

So, we were really looking forward to a chance to sit down and have a chat while relaxing over breakfast, this would be nice. And it had been a long time since we had breakfast in The Islands. And incredibly thrilled that he was taking time out of his day to spend time with us.

We met him for the first time years ago, and we always see him every trip, sometimes several times a trip. So, we know him fairly well and I have to say, he is the nicest man. Very down to earth and very obviously cares about his staff as much as his guests. We cannot speak highly enough about him.

Once we were showered and dressed we headed down to Islands where we did of course get a picture of the lovely tree at the bottom of the staircase that leads you to Jake`s or The Islands.

i-j3bcbLL-X2.jpg

We told the host we were meeting Mr Beiderman, so he showed us to the table which was way back by the window....we always liked this table funnily enough. And it was only a few moments later when the man himself appeared. It is always lovely to see him and it is like meeting an old friend, the conversation is so easy and free flowing and we knew this was going to be lovely.

We had the lovely Mustapha looking after us this morning. We had never met him before, but we had heard he was one of the most popular waiters and gets amazing reviews. He really was lovely.

I had just mentioned how we hadn't ran into one of the managers we usually see yet, John, who is in charge of the food and Beverage for Loews, when as if by magic he appeared to say a big hello......this was so nice! Again, this is another man who we`ve known for a few years and is so nice.

At this point the chefs come out and this one we have never met before, John and he tells us he has made a little taster for each of us to start with.....and it looks lovely. Such a nice man and we were glad to meet him.

This was lovely. It was like a little Spanish tortilla with asparagus and I forget the flavour of the sauce on the plate, but it was all delicious....even Kyle enjoyed it!!!

i-kWnNwMG-X2.jpg

Looking at the menu, Kyle decided to just have cereal as he normally does, I chose an egg white omelette with some little sausages through, Tom had a croissant and we would share some smoked salmon while I had some avocado, and Mr Beiderman had an omelette and bagel toasted, and it all looked delicious.

I forgot the omelette would come with potatoes, and that was a lot.....I didn`t eat many of them, but they were lovely.

i-sVdc8GN-X2.jpg

i-pLzfn24-X2.jpg

i-Gkwfnnk-X2.jpg

i-NpnPF4K-X2.jpg

i-SQr8mwX-X2.jpg

I have to say, breakfast was lovely. But for us we felt very honoured Mr Beiderman took the time out of his incredibly busy day to spend a couple of hours with us. And we loved being able to sit down and have such a lovely chat with him. This really had been lovely.

Eventually, of course, it was time to say thank you and he set off for the rest of his day, so with big hugs and lots of thanks for breakfast, we said we would see him in May of course, and we would look forward to that.

We said thank you again to Mustapha and we stopped to take some pictures of the breakfast buffet. I mentioned to him how much we thought of Casey who works nights, and he said oh you should go back tonight.....I said wasn't it just Fridays and Saturdays right now, and he said no with it being the Holidays it was back to being every night......so Kyle immediately said he`d like to do it again. Dinner was sorted tonight.

I will say some pictures didn`t turn out very good at all.....the lighting isn`t the best and with no natural light in there, it can appear darker.

But they do have an excellent breakfast with lots of lovely choices for everyone......including Gluten Free and they have a whole little area of foods that are GF and it`s well marked. As is all the food in Loews restaurants.

i-NdZbvDn-X2.jpg

i-m2F9jP8-X2.jpg

i-W47bf8W-X2.jpg

i-6qSfBzZ-X2.jpg

i-J5b4Ctb-X2.jpg

i-cDXNV9p-X2.jpg

i-mwZbpLD-X2.jpg

i-LWDB46n-X2.jpg

i-5TL3kHn-X2.jpg

i-rXDGZdb-X2.jpg

I love smoked salmon!!!! It is one food I could never get bored eating, and this was beautiful.

i-TMFR2Mc-X2.jpg

i-8c8x6Kp-X2.jpg

i-ZmhkWPQ-X2.jpg

i-mbVdL6v-X2.jpg

Everything is so fresh and I was sorry we never got the chance to meet Amy who is so famous for making the best omelettes onsite anywhere!!! Maybe next time we`ll get to say hello.......

We had just loved our morning so far. We were meeting our friend later in the afternoon in the park so for now, we were heading out to do some last minute shopping (yes more) so we popped back upstairs to get some sunscreen on and although it was almost 11.30am, there was no one in the pool.....and it was hot outside!!! Quiet day......

i-BDcxWfN-X2.jpg

Heading outside, it was so beautiful.....and yes, hot...….

We obviously wouldn`t need lunch today, so we just planned to go get the car and then head out to get our last minute shopping......

Not the sportiest car in the world, but for a rental, it was alright.

i-pHJnGmc-X2.jpg

i-9qc6KNW-X2.jpg

We went to Bed Bath & Beyond and popped into Whole Foods for a few items we had promised to take back, then into Publix and picked up some regular items like Pepperidge Farm cookies for Kyle to enjoy back home...….and a few other little bits and pieces.

There`s a lot of things we can`t buy without a prescription in the UK, but you can buy them otc in the US. So, we stock up on them......I`m sure our cases rattle with pills and potions going home.

We headed back home to drop off all our purchases before heading into the park for an hour or so.

Well, we found the ride lame. It’s just a screen with moving chairs......which is exactly what Shrek is, but we like Shrek.........main difference is we detest Jimmy Fallon so maybe that has a place in our opinion.......lol......you’ll be fine doing that one....it’s tame and nowhere near a thrill ride. I tell everyone to try it for themselves....we all enjoy different things.

Thanks for the info! Because I am a total ride wimp I might like this one lol...I will maybe do it while everyone else is on something more exciting lol

ut Keke’s in Dr Phillips and there’s also one near the Mall at Millenia are fabulous....it’s been a good few years since we’ve gone there but consistently gets excellent reviews.

We (Tom) loves Ihop.........::yes:: When he visited Miami in the early 80’s, it was the first place in America he ever ate.....so it has nice memories for him. But, if you were to go there, go to the one on Kirkman Rd and not the one at the top of I Drive!

I love IHOP too! Being from Canada we never used to have it either. We have a few now, but they are pricier than in the US and just not the same, so I love going when in the states. They have this yummy crepe with berries and cream that I love. Denny's is another US diner fave for us!

There`s a lot of things we can`t buy without a prescription in the UK, but you can buy them otc in the US. So, we stock up on them......I`m sure our cases rattle with pills and potions going home.

Yup, same for us! Alleve PM anyone? lol And it's SO much cheaper in the US.

I’m glad you finally met Mustapha!

He is a gem...

I do breakfast most mornings at Islands and always request his section
It’s the best way for me to start my day

I met him years ago when he started there
and always look forward to seeing him each trip

Enjoyed catching up! just the thing to brighten a rainy winter afternoon. Is it me or does Xmas seem ages ago?

hope your thread inspires people to get out of the bubble and explore central FL. KSC is inspiring, you can’t grasp the scope of it unless visiting but you’ve come close. Good job.

That is an amazingly detailed pic that Kyle captured, that must be one powerful ‘scope! Between that and his love of smoothies and chocolate cake, he’s Definitely a bit of a renaissance man

Thanks for the info! Because I am a total ride wimp I might like this one lol...I will maybe do it while everyone else is on something more exciting lol

I love IHOP too! Being from Canada we never used to have it either. We have a few now, but they are pricier than in the US and just not the same, so I love going when in the states. They have this yummy crepe with berries and cream that I love. Denny's is another US diner fave for us!

Yup, same for us! Alleve PM anyone? lol And it's SO much cheaper in the US.

Yes, you’ll be fine with Jimmy Fallon. The chairs move and you watch a screen......but, as I said the building is lovely you go through......look out for the Panda......:rolleyes1

It’s been a while since we ate in Ihop, I think we ate there before going to St Augustine last year sometime......we just don’t have anything like that over here! I wish!!

Yes, the meds are so cheap in the US!!! I also buy Neosporin by the boatload.......everyone loves it over here......I swear you could cut your arm off and you’d just have to put Neosporin on and it would grow back!!!

I was glad of the Tylenol cold and flu last few days......think it cleared up a cold in two days instead of a week!!

I’m glad you finally met Mustapha!

He is a gem...

I do breakfast most mornings at Islands and always request his section
It’s the best way for me to start my day

I met him years ago when he started there
and always look forward to seeing him each trip

He really was so lovely.......I had heard so many good reviews of him, so yes, it was lovely to meet him. Like you, I’d ask for him if we do have breakfast there next trip.

I’d have remembered him if we had met him years ago as he is so nice and so professional :wave2:

Enjoyed catching up! just the thing to brighten a rainy winter afternoon. Is it me or does Xmas seem ages ago?

hope your thread inspires people to get out of the bubble and explore central FL. KSC is inspiring, you can’t grasp the scope of it unless visiting but you’ve come close. Good job.

That is an amazingly detailed pic that Kyle captured, that must be one powerful ‘scope! Between that and his love of smoothies and chocolate cake, he’s Definitely a bit of a renaissance man

You‘re so right! Christmas seems forever ago......I said to Kyle a few days ago, it feels like January the 74th!!!

We love KSC!!!! Hoping to visit twice this December trip coming up......it is the most amazing place!! I agree, it’s one of those places you have to see to believe. Especially the Space Shuttle and Saturn V. There’s not many things leave me speechless, but those certainly did. Can’t wait to get back.

The newest telescope he has is huge......not quite in the Hubble mould, thankfully ::yes:: but, he does capture some amazing images!

Glad you’re all caught up......:wave2:

I can tolerate Jimmy Fallon and I enjoy the ride itself. I despise the pre-shows however. They should have recorded at least 3 pre-shows and rotated them. Watching Jimmy play that little girl is painful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!