IT`S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE...COCKTAILS, STEAKS AND CAKES..11 JOLLY HOLIDAY NIGHTS @ RPR-DEC 2019

Can’t wait til you tell us more about your trip!

Sometimes I just skip posts until I see the purple .......lol

Thanks mac :thumbsup2.....always glad to read you’re enjoying it.......and it’s almost done......I thought it might have taken me longer this time despite it being a short trip this time. But.....surprised myself......::yes::

Yes, I do love purple!!!

We went down to the lobby before we headed to the park, I didn't get many pictures today, and do plan to take some better ones next trip to go into the RP thread. But, we do like the lobby and how they`ve done it.

i-5QgqVQZ-X2.jpg

i-mgsB8rr-X2.jpg

The plan is to have some 3D art on the back wall in the picture below, and the lamps aren't on the desks yet. But, overall we do like the changes.

The Grab and Go has been a huge success which is good to see.

i-WFBW9VZ-X2.jpg

Although there is a little novelty tree decoration from NASA too on the third picture......

i-DTm2CrF-XL.jpg

i-gDrw5sv-XL.jpg

i-NZKJxJ9-XL.jpg

This snow scene goes through batteries like no ones business!!!! But it is so pretty........

i-NKkGG85-XL.jpg

This day had been so lovely so far, between spending time with two people we think so much of and getting some (more) last minute shopping.....although Christmas decorations are essentials rather than luxury.....lol.....aren`t they????

We spent some time this afternoon packing as we planned to go to the parks tomorrow morning, we had already been asked what time we wanted to keep our room till tomorrow as we weren't leaving till much later, so that was all organised. But, packing is never fun...…..but we did well and did manage to squeeze in ALL of our shopping....but we did have the fourth suitcase as well as Kyle`s case too which was huge and thankfully he didn`t even have his 3/4 full on the way out...….yay!!!! More space for purchases.

I had also handed in my Christmas Tree Scavenger Hunt card and received my little minion ornament as a gift. It was cute, and I was thrilled when one of the TM at the hotel gave me the other one too....so I had a matching set. Although I have to say, I did give them away to my friends little Grand daughter who loves minions. But, it was a nice little prize for a very easy scavenger hunt! The trees were all unmissable and didn`t take long at all to collect all the stamps.

And we managed more or less everything this afternoon. We looked out what we wanted to wear tomorrow in the morning and what we would be travelling in later. I couldn't wear the same clothes during the day for our overnight flight…...and neither could Tom and Kyle, so, didn`t take long to sort that out, and it meant tomorrow we only had to pack the last minute stuff before we left.

There`s something quite depressing seeing all the cases packed up and ready for when we leave....of course, it `s different on the way coming out....that is a happy sight!!!!

Later in the afternoon we spent a little time in the Club Lounge.....we were happy to see the two Australian girls come in just as we did, so we got a good chat with them tonight which was nice as it was our last night. We did have a good old giggle!!!!

Kayla had asked us to try it and see what we thought of the change in the new chicken casserole dish, and it was better......not so tomato based, and quite tasty, but we only had a little taste as we wanted to enjoy our Wok Experience later, but when you`re asked to try something.....well, you`ve got to try it.....lol.....

i-4QKtFDg-X2.jpg

Although we don`t use the Club Lounge for meals, we do like to have tasters and give everything a try. I know Kyle loved the chicken mac n cheese when it was all in the one dish, but now, it`s different. I think it`ll be very popular.

i-VMvDxs3-X2.jpg

i-7LLLt9z-X2.jpg

i-wDpdtJ8-X2.jpg

We enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine tonight, and had that usual sad feeling that this was our last night before we left......but, we aren't allowed to be sad for too long. The staff know us well and soon bring the smile back on my face in particular...….

We both got hungry as we didn't need lunch as we had such a lovely breakfast this morning, so my tummy grumbling was the sure sign it was time for food. And I knew Kyle would looking to eat soon, so we headed over to say goodbye to our new friends from Australia......we would certainly miss chatting and having such a good time with them this trip. You do make connections with people at times, and we did with these lovely ladies and their families......I think we have a similar sense of humour and the same values too which became apparent over our chats. So, yes we would miss seeing them.

We went over to chat before we left and we all wanted to get a picture or two together, but first we made sure we exchanged emails as we do plan to keep in touch and have exchanged some already. Have I mentioned how much we liked them......lol...….

Jonathon, one of the newest members of the team, offers to take our pictures outside the lounge…….we take a couple with just the ladies, but we all wanted some of the three couples.

i-rc9xSBx-X2.jpg

i-sRSgKVH-X2.jpg

I wished we had one of Kyle and all four of their kids too, but Kyle hadn`t come up and not all of the Australian kids were there....so, maybe next time???

It was then hugs all round and goodbyes, till hopefully next time we`re there at the same time......

I know they`re reading this, so want to say a great big hello to some of the nicest people we have ever met...…..we miss chatting to you...... :wave2:

We popped down to pick up Kyle and yes, he was starving...….so it was straight down to Islands.

i-BHcDH5q-X2.jpg

i-FNmqx5s-X2.jpg

It`s a smaller tree down here, but it is lovely and has some very unique decorations on it which we liked.

i-NjNr6sH-X2.jpg

i-TNsr7xf-X2.jpg

Although we weren`t going to Jake`s I popped round to take a picture of the waterfall outside, it`s right underneath the entrance bridge as you walk in to the resort.

i-46B7W4m-X2.jpg

We got seated immediately and yes, we had Casey again, who was surprised to see us as we had said we wouldn`t be back this trip, but we explained we didnt realise it was on every night......so we wanted to do this again. I was delighted that Kyle had enjoyed it so much, a she can be quite fussy and if he doesn`t like somewhere he won`t really want to go back.....but when he does enjoy something or a place, he`ll want to go again and again. And as we love it here, we were delighted.

It wasn`t too busy again tonight, so we ordered a beer for Tom, red wine for me and Kyle got his usual two strawberry daiquiris......

i-HqVdC7n-X2.jpg

We didn`t bother with soup tonight, and this is Tom`s dish with chicken, shrimp, snow peas, onion and extra onion too......lol......

i-bNvSjF8-X2.jpg

Kyle had his now usual choice of teriyaki sauce with just chicken, baby corn, brocolli and rice.

i-k7JFJGK-X2.jpg

And I guess my usual of chicken, shrimp, peppers and rice all bound together with szechuan and teriyaki sauce...…same sauce that Tom and I always seem to choose.

i-t6p4DNd-X2.jpg

He does love those daiquiris!!!!

i-dsNRNv7-X2.jpg

We don`t usually have the salad that you can also help yourself too, but we saw the noodle salad tonight and wanted to try that. It was nice enough with a sesame oil taste which was pleasant...….

i-5tfDXDr-X2.jpg

i-pNBjksp-X2.jpg

The food again, was gorgeous......we all really enjoyed every spoonful......and again, one dish is enough for us each. Of course you can go up as often as you like and have as much as you like of everything......but, we`re beat at one bowl.

Kyle of course has room for dessert........he always has room for dessert!!! These little chocolate cakes weren`t as good as the ones from the previous night according to our little expert......but he enjoyed them as his plate was clear!!!

i-Pth2Skk-X2.jpg

As it was quiet, we sat for a little longer than usual and chatted to Casey about one thing and another, but eventually we paid the check and headed up to our room. We weren't having a late night tonight.....

Islands is such a lovely restaurant, good food and service and this year it`s going to see some changes too according to the staff. I`ll look forward to seeing the changes here too.

We headed upstairs and then sprawled ourselves out and watched some tv before we all looked absolutely shattered and decided it was time for bed.

So, we had a lovely day today too. We had enjoyed a lovely breakfast with Mr Beiderman, we then spent some lovely time with our very special friend who we adore, he really is our favourite person in the whole wide world......and we did get some lovely little decorations from the Christmas store in IOA. And enjoyed some lovely food too!!!! Not a bad day for a last full day.

I opened the drapes in the bedroom and had a last look out at the parks and pool all lit up for this trip, it is so lovely. But, tiredness overtook me at this point and I just wanted to go to sleep. I think Tom wa salready sleeping!!!

Tomorrow, we planned to spend some time in IOA in the morning, have lunch in Jake`s and catch a few people before we leave later in the afternoon.

Good show Tom :) that concoction looks Delicious. Can’t say I remember seeing that noodle salad when last we visited. do wish they’d add udon noodles in some fashion to their offerings, either soup or in lieu of rice and lo mein.

So glad to hear they’ve tweaked things since our last go-round. Quality really depends on the chef’s skills. Looking forward to trying it again

Good show Tom :) that concoction looks Delicious. Can’t say I remember seeing that noodle salad when last we visited. do wish they’d add udon noodles in some fashion to their offerings, either soup or in lieu of rice and lo mein.

So glad to hear they’ve tweaked things since our last go-round. Quality really depends on the chef’s skills. Looking forward to trying it again

He has such good taste in stir fries!!! I miss onions........

I didn‘t remember that little salad before, it was nice, but have to admit, I prefer warm noodles.

And yes, we hope the new chef they had stays around.....he was the best one yet for the Wok nights. He remembered the second night I had no garlic but lots of ginger......Tom was the opposite and Kyle had neither but liked pepper!!! Good memory.......

Can't believe it's almost over already.

I know!!

This one seems to have been completed quicker than I thought I’d manage it. But it’s always fun to relive our trips this way.

And not that long till the next one which makes us happy......... :wave2:

Oh no, it's almost coming to an end😭...oops wait, it already ended, but I like to pretend the report coincides with the trip....almost 2 months long🤣 now THAT would be an extended stay. So nice you got to have breakfast and a nice visit with Mr. Beiderman!

I agree on the ornaments, in fact I think there is a law on the books that one MUST buy any new or unusual ornaments (that's my story and I'm sticking to it :rotfl2: )

LOVE the Hedwig ornament and the owl post one. Adorable Christmas stockings, are the stocking hangers the Hogwarts Express or just trains? We didn't even use our brand new lanterns, we had so much new stuff just no time to put all of it up so I saved on batteries.

Wok Experience looks YUM. Poor Kyle, having to eat chocolate cake yet again :rotfl:

You don't go until May? Or are you going in March? May is too far away!

Oh no, it's almost coming to an end😭...oops wait, it already ended, but I like to pretend the report coincides with the trip....almost 2 months long🤣 now THAT would be an extended stay. So nice you got to have breakfast and a nice visit with Mr. Beiderman!

I agree on the ornaments, in fact I think there is a law on the books that one MUST buy any new or unusual ornaments (that's my story and I'm sticking to it :rotfl2: )

LOVE the Hedwig ornament and the owl post one. Adorable Christmas stockings, are the stocking hangers the Hogwarts Express or just trains? We didn't even use our brand new lanterns, we had so much new stuff just no time to put all of it up so I saved on batteries.

Wok Experience looks YUM. Poor Kyle, having to eat chocolate cake yet again :rotfl:

You don't go until May? Or are you going in March? May is too far away!

That would be an extended stay!!! Yes, it was so lovely having breakfast with Mr Beiderman, he really is lovely.

I love our Universal decorations......one tree is more or less full of just the ones we’ve bought from there over the years...along with purple accessories.......love it!! Yes the stocking holders are the Hogwarts Express. We bought three of them last year, they are so heavy!!! But we used them with our old stockings, but although we still have the older ones, we bought the Potter ones this year so they match......we do have three, just didn’t picture them all.

Yes, those batteries just seem to be zapped in no time!!! This year we’ll stock up before the festive season!!!

We are missing March out this year.......it was just a little chilly for us some nights and mornings too, so we extended our May trip to 23 nights instead of going twice. May is much warmer....... ::yes::

We quite enjoyed Mardi Gras, but having done it twice, that was enough for us.....yes, May does seem quite far at the minute......:wave2:

TUESDAY DECEMBER 10TH

Yes, it was finally here.

The day we all never look forward to. It really doesn't matter how many times we visit, or how long we stay....we are never ready to say goodbye to RP, Universal or Orlando......even knowing another trip is only a few months away doesn`t take away that sting you feel going home.

But, it had come around, and we had thought we might sleep a little later this morning........never happens though. I heard Kyle rumbling around, so I thought I might as well get up. I gently opened the drapes a little and saw it was indeed another beautiful morning.

We had all slept amazingly well again, and we were all a little subdued, but looking forward to getting into the park this morning.

Once we were showered we went up to the lounge for breakfast, and it was quick this morning as we wanted to get into the park for opening time. And breakfast was as always, lovely and quite relaxing. And this is one of the lovely things about the lounge, you can just recharge your batteries and relax, there is space to do that here and of course the staff look after you so well.

Saying goodbye is never fun, but although we would be in the lounge later, the staff from now would be gone, so a quick round of goodbyes and we headed back downstairs to get sunscreen on......we had a few people we would catch downstairs before we left too.

We got on the elevator and as we got out we run straight into our friend which was a surprise, we had a brief chat and said he`d see us later in Jake`s which was going to be our "last supper" at RP this trip. We looked forward to that.

The walk was slow and deliberate this morning and we tried to take in every single moment today again. For us it would be fine as were back in March, but for Kyle it would be a year till he came back, so it was worse for him. We weren't sad although it may sound as if we were, we were just a little thoughtful I guess.

i-D8RDzP8-X2.jpg

It was quiet walking to the park today, we passed no one on the path and it was beautifully hot already and it was only around 8.30am.

Going through the security check by Margaritaville takes seconds.....and then you`re done......if you don't walk and take the boat, you have the security check before you get on the boat. It is so quick and very convenient.

We turn left to go to IOA and we see the line immediately.....

i-KbP8Dm3-X2.jpg

I have to say, we are never usually there at the gates so early, and I don't think we`d do it again.....waiting 20 minutes or so would have made the difference. People often ask why we never do EE....for us as we always have EP, there`s no need. We can still do everything we need and want to numerous times with how we do the parks already. Even if Hagrid`s was open during EE we still wouldn't make it.

So, we did what anyone would do, we stood in line and waited for the gates to open, and it was around 9am when we did get in, so took about 20 minutes from where we were standing.

i-GPNcdrn-X2.jpg

i-BBbPWwK-X2.jpg

They went straight to Hulk and I had a wander round to grab a picture I wanted to get......of course, later I discovered we actually took it about 8 years ago!!!! I forgot.

The area that covers POE is just lovely.....each area is so colourful and well themed, ther are just a plethora of beautiful buildings and features to photograph.......

i-gXff4wW-X2.jpg

i-tqTfT2r-X2.jpg

i-xXGRMx5-X2.jpg

The lockers here, you do pay for, and they have various sizes, so if you need a larger size to store your items for the day, or just a smaller size for the odd thing.

i-Kzww8nR-X2.jpg

i-DLsN8Tq-X2.jpg

i-zjT37jz-X2.jpg

i-SJCvXfx-X2.jpg

i-RLT5wNf-X2.jpg

i-JmkBv2S-X2.jpg

The two little love birds have been there for eons......but these I only got for the first time last year.......they do make cute little coo-ing bird sounds......but they are so hidden, and as most people are heading out this way, they tend not to notice them very often.

i-mP4XTB8-X2.jpg

And this was the window I had been looking for without realising I had pictured it before.......

Codiga Adventures.......is a nod to David Codiga, and he is a former Executive Vice President of Universal Creative. He is involved with the High Roller wheel in Las Vegas and so many other fabulous creations. I love little snippets of info like this and there are things like this all over the Universal parks.

i-hcQLw6M-X2.jpg

More coming up.........

Is your family always this happy? Their smiles are contagious! I'm smiling at your pictures of them smiling, and they have no idea who I am smiling back at them. Their pictures always make me happy. Thanks for sharing your trip!

Thank you!!!

lol.....yes, we are always that happy if I’m honest......I’m very lucky with my lot.......

I‘m so glad you’re enjoying it though, happy to read that......:wave2:

Departure day is the worst...I'm glad you got to go to have some park time anyway, it's hard to not be sad about going back to reality when Orlando is such a great escape!! It's also great that you have so much loyalty at the US hotels and they treat you like royalty!!

Departure day is the worst...I'm glad you got to go to have some park time anyway, it's hard to not be sad about going back to reality when Orlando is such a great escape!! It's also great that you have so much loyalty at the US hotels and they treat you like royalty!!

Oh gosh, it really is!!! And usually we cheer ourselves up by saying we get to see Kyle soon.....but as he`s with us, he`s as fed up at going home as we are!!!

We honestly are so lucky to have met so many wonderful people over the years, first at RP and over the last three years Sapphire too, and so many that we keep in touch with regularly. They do look after everyone so well and they do make us feel extra special!!

We quite enjoyed Mardi Gras, but having done it twice, that was enough for us.....yes, May does seem quite far at the minute......:wave2:
Don’t blink, it’ll be here before you realize it
We will be there in May for 23 nights.......extended that one as we were giving March a miss this year.

Think it’s 97 or so days now till we fly........least it’s under a 100 ::yes::
As Bart would say: “Holy cow, man”😀. How cool is that?
Oh gosh, it really is!!! And usually we cheer ourselves up by saying we get to see Kyle soon.....but as he`s with us, he`s as fed up at going home as we are!!!
You know you’ve done it up right when you just are t quite ready to head back to RL.

Don’t blink, it’ll be here before you realize it

As Bart would say: “Holy cow, man”😀. How cool is that?

You know you’ve done it up right when you just are t quite ready to head back to RL.

It will won’t it!!! I can hear the lovely Bart Simpson say that......lol.....

Yes, I think we do. I love how we vacation, whether it be the two of us or the times we are so lucky that Kyle still wants to spend some of his vacation with us.......naturally he doesn’t want to spend all his vacation time with us, so we enjoy while we can!!

It was the cold weather we were all not looking forward to more than anything.......having this gorgeous weather every day was going to be hard to leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter