is it true that people steal from Fish Extenders??

I will say that this video was post over a year and a half ago. We had completely forgotten about it as we've been on another trip since than and we've been focusing on content from that trip now. I would hope that your daughter doesn't ever post something that is meant to be lighthearted that is then perceived wrong by someone else but on the internet that's not really possible. The most innocent post can be made out to be offensive which is unfortunate. The video is now being taken down so I'm sorry again.
you didn't really answer my question, you just turned it around. Did you KNOW it was wrong and talk to her about it and then post it anyway, or did you not think it was wrong when you posted?

I haven't seen those words used here, but what you did WAS in fact rude, and exhibited entitled behavior. That doesn't give anyone the right to call you names or attack you, but that is NOT the same thing as telling you the truth about your behavior in that moment.

They called me rude personally. One moment does not define me as a human. I am not rude. I am not entitled. I am not a loser. and I'm not spoiled. I film family vacation videos and upload them once a year so my family can watch them and now 1,000 people enjoy them as well. I am not out to get anyone. I am not out here to point fingers at everyone but me. I know that it was not my property. I know that it shouldn't have been knocked down. I know this but. But, I also could have left it on the ground. I could have never apologized in the comment section on my video or put a disclaimer in the comment section. but I did. I've apologized numerous times to no avail. So with you, I will leave it at this. I'm sorry, again. If it offended you, I'm sorry. I am deleting the video. but I hope you know I am not a bad person.

you didn't really answer my question, you just turned it around. Did you KNOW it was wrong and talk to her about it and then post it anyway, or did you not think it was wrong when you posted?

When we post our vlogs like that, we don't screen them. They have no edit and with it being later in the video it was not seen, and we usually don't go watch our own videos. I'm sure if we could go back, which we cant, we wouldn't have posted that. I'm hoping that answered your question, if you have another please let me know because I really don't want any confusion.

They called me rude personally. One moment does not define me as a human. I am not rude. I am not entitled. I am not a loser. and I'm not spoiled. I film family vacation videos and upload them once a year so my family can watch them and now 1,000 people enjoy them as well. I am not out to get anyone. I am not out here to point fingers at everyone but me. I know that it was not my property. I know that it shouldn't have been knocked down. I know this but. But, I also could have left it on the ground. I could have never apologized in the comment section on my video or put a disclaimer in the comment section. but I did. I've apologized numerous times to no avail. So with you, I will leave it at this. I'm sorry, again. If it offended you, I'm sorry. I am deleting the video. but I hope you know I am not a bad person.
I don't think you are a bad person, I think you made a bad decision. I really would like to understand what the thought process was in posting this, because I see a lot of similar things online from teens and wonder what in the world they were thinking to post it. I would love to understand what made you post it if you had a conversation with your sister about it being poor behavior?

ETA: I was typing while you were. I just saw your response. If it was posted and live vlog that makes sense.I do get that you tried to make it right and just want it to go away now. I am not attacking you, just hoping to understand what led to this whole thing. I am not as media savvy as my daughter or the teens I work with so I am hoping understanding this would help me help them.

I don't think you are a bad person, I think you made a bad decision. I really would like to understand what the thought process was in posting this, because I see a lot of similar things online from teens and wonder what in the world they were thinking to post it. I would love to understand what made you post it if you had a conversation with your sister about it being poor behavior?

Yeah of course! So with these vlogs that we post before we post our edited vacation video, we don't edit them at all. Meaning we have all the clips from one day and put them in the video editor software and export and upload. It's all raw footage. I can't speak for all the youtubers who post dumb crap but I can say for me and my sisters, those are unedited. We don't really go back on our channels either and re watch our uploads unless it's the edited vacation video with music. We also start uploading our videos weeks after we return home and there's no way we can remember every clip that's there. It's only a small portion of our trip.

I"m jumping in here! been screening this whole conversation. I post the videos on our youtube channel. I honestly did not even think twice about it and haven't thought about it until I saw this storm come in. I would say this whole thing came from us being ignorant. I didn't even realize that people would think it's disrespectful. I think everyone has moments where they don't understand what makes others upset. In this moment, it was funny to us. On cruises we are just free from the stress of life and laugh over EVERYTHING because we're rarely together like this. Excuse? not at all. Just explaining. Bringing it to our attention though is a good thing because we, as well as other people sometimes don't see what other people do. Nobody is perfect. None of your children are perfect. Neither are we. We're not brushing off your comments (some of the ones that were way over the line and hurtful though and I'm choosing to ignore them). The ones about respect.. those are the ones that are making this clear to us WHY people got upset in the first place. Some people are just annoyed with our videos in general.. but that's youtube, I get annoyed with some people too :)

Yeah of course! So with these vlogs that we post before we post our edited vacation video, we don't edit them at all. Meaning we have all the clips from one day and put them in the video editor software and export and upload. It's all raw footage. I can't speak for all the youtubers who post dumb crap but I can say for me and my sisters, those are unedited. We don't really go back on our channels either and re watch our uploads unless it's the edited vacation video with music. We also start uploading our videos weeks after we return home and there's no way we can remember every clip that's there. It's only a small portion of our trip.

Understood. So maybe also a lesson for more editing and a viewing of the final cut before uploading so that you are sure you are putting out what you want the world to see.

(I am a little confused that you said you film them for your family to watch, but that you don’t really go back and watch them. But that’s ok. I’m probably misunderstanding something.)

ETA: I was typing while you were. I just saw your response. If it was posted and live vlog that makes sense.I do get that you tried to make it right and just want it to go away now. I am not attacking you, just hoping to understand what led to this whole thing. I am not as media savvy as my daughter or the teens I work with so I am hoping understanding this would help me help them.

thank you for hearing me out and letting me explain and not attacking me. We're trying really hard to voice our side. Thank you for understanding.

Understood. So maybe also a lesson for more editing and a viewing of the final cut before uploading so that you are sure you are putting out what you want the world to see.

(I am a little confused that you said you film them for your family to watch, but that you don’t really go back and watch them. But that’s ok. I’m probably misunderstanding something.)

Our family as in our aunts, uncles, cousins, and grand parents! Sorry If that was a bit confusing.

Speaking as someone who works hard on my magnets and sees my door display as part of our personality that I'm wanting to share with our neighbors, it would be very hurtful to find that someone had messed with them. I understand that you felt it was just good fun, but, I'm sure now you realize that it wasn't 'just good fun', but disrespectful to those who wanted to share something of themselves with other cruisers.

While people shouldn't be judging others by a few minutes or seconds of video, the fact is, they do. They see this type of behavior and have little else to judge you by. Should they judge you at all? You've put yourself on the internet to be judged. That is the sad side-effect of our wired world.

We all make mistakes in life and do stupid things. However, with the advent of YouTube, so many things that should be forgotten are put on public display for life. It's like the world no longer wants people to forget their past mistakes. And worse, people can be judged by adolescent behavior and attitudes long after, when those years should only be fond memories. I advise my boys not to put anything on the web or record anything that they wouldn't want a potential employer to view. And now, more than ever, I also have to tell them to make sure their public behavior is nothing they wouldn't want on public display. Kids do need to be kids, but the world and technology is what it is.

So hopefully, this will be something you can put behind you. You said you were removing the video, but maybe, just delete the part that was upsetting people.

Last edited:
Moral of the story: don't post something publicly on the internet if you don't want someone else to form opinions about you based upon your actions. You're entitled to post, people are entitled to have an opinion. :)

Back to the topic of the thread...we have been on 4 cruises and never had anything stolen from our door (and we decorate heavily). I also have not noticed anything being missing from our FE either, but that's not to say that someone may or may not have helped themselves to a treat or two. :rolleyes2

Don't let this thread hinder you from participating in the FE or door decorating, just don't put something out that would be detrimental to your emotional wellbeing if it came up missing. pixiedust:

thank you for hearing me out and letting me explain and not attacking me. We're trying really hard to voice our side. Thank you for understanding.
I just want you to know I respect you for apologizing and trying to help people understand what happened. While I do not condone what took place, I don't think you're a bad person. It sounds like you're trying your best to understand why people were upset and to make things right. Thank you.

I just want you to know I respect you for apologizing and trying to help people understand what happened. While I do not condone what took place, I don't think you're a bad person. It sounds like you're trying your best to understand why people were upset and to make things right. Thank you.

I was going to say almost exactly this, until I saw that @MelSpees already had. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter