Is anyone planning on paying for Reunion Station for an upcoming trip?

Well, DD & I are booked. It took awhile this morning as, of course, MS's computers weren't cooperating! It's listed as a "Dining Plan" and there is tax added on.

There isn't any information available as to "when" you actually have Lounge Access. The day of check-in, we're charged $50+tax/pp, but unless we arrive very early in the morning, we'll miss the 7-10am access. The next day, we'll have Lounge access both in the morning and late afternoon. But what about departure morning? MS said no access. That can't possibly be right! For my $213 that I just spent, we WILL have two 7-10am and two 4-6pm Lounge accesses!!!! ::yes::

not even on my radar as something we would consider. way too much $$ for the return.

Well, DD & I are booked. It took awhile this morning as, of course, MS's computers weren't cooperating! It's listed as a "Dining Plan" and there is tax added on.

There isn't any information available as to "when" you actually have Lounge Access. The day of check-in, we're charged $50+tax/pp, but unless we arrive very early in the morning, we'll miss the 7-10am access. The next day, we'll have Lounge access both in the morning and late afternoon. But what about departure morning? MS said no access. That can't possibly be right! For my $213 that I just spent, we WILL have two 7-10am and two 4-6pm Lounge accesses!!!! ::yes::
Interesting twist to the story! So Disney expects to skim off the top, eh? They plan to collect a full fare for the first day but only deliver 1/2 of the stated product?

Cheering for your spirit. Do be sure to make things right ... and use the lounge on check-out morning. Go! Make it right! (And looking forward to your report on return.)

I would have done this for our April trip if it were available and if it were the same as other CL offerings (i.e. open all day and evening with a variety of items throughout the day). As the offering stands though it does not hold any appeal for us.

Let us know how it goes though, I am sad that the evening mingle part won't be open for our April trip I would like to see the building.

Interesting twist to the story! So Disney expects to skim off the top, eh? They plan to collect a full fare for the first day but only deliver 1/2 of the stated product?

Cheering for your spirit. Do be sure to make things right ... and use the lounge on check-out morning. Go! Make it right! (And looking forward to your report on return.)

I have a stinkin' suspicion that MS doesn't have any real information yet. They didn't read me any "required information" which they read for EVERYTHING!!!! I just hope the CM's at Reunion Station have it figured out! I refuse to believe that we can't use the Lounge the morning we depart.

I'm hoping there will be some posts prior to our trip in late May with glowing reviews! We'll see! I will definitely be posting my review on these boards! ;)

There isn't any information available as to "when" you actually have Lounge Access. The day of check-in, we're charged $50+tax/pp, but unless we arrive very early in the morning, we'll miss the 7-10am access. The next day, we'll have Lounge access both in the morning and late afternoon. But what about departure morning? MS said no access.

I doubt that is correct. I cannot think of a single resort service of this type which does not extend from check-in day to check-out day. Use of Dining Plan credits, use of resort amenities (pools, health club, etc.) they are always 12:01am on arrival day until 11:59pm on departure. Even when billed on the basis of "nights" stayed.

I would have done this for our April trip if it were available and if it were the same as other CL offerings (i.e. open all day and evening with a variety of items throughout the day). As the offering stands though it does not hold any appeal for us.

Let us know how it goes though, I am sad that the evening mingle part won't be open for our April trip I would like to see the building.

We will be hitting the evening mingle while there (why not?!). I guess we'll have to vacate from 6-7pm for the CMs to clean up and set up.

I actually would be interested in the Monday afternoon adult beverage tasting workshop, but will save that for another trip (assuming they're still doing it in August) ;)

I doubt that is correct. I cannot think of a single resort service of this type which does not extend from check-in day to check-out day. Use of Dining Plan credits, use of resort amenities (pools, health club, etc.) they are always 12:01am on arrival day until 11:59pm on departure. Even when billed on the basis of "nights" stayed.

Exactly! Even CSR's Business Class (which was open 7-10am and 5-10pm) allowed full access on departure day.

If my waitlist for CCV studio comes through for Oct 5th, yes. Just DH and I for 1 night before a cruise. Have AKV club level waitlisted as well. So we want to give it, club level, a try.

Last edited:

With the other resort lounges, you have full access up until midnight of your check out day. I can't imagine that it wouldn't be the same (or in this case, at least through "dinner" service).

Worse.

We OWN at BRV.... and we have a lovely common area. Upset that CCV really does not have one. Please, do not attempt to start using ours. It's not a shared resource.

The promise of a CCV common area (other than the hotel lobby), appears to have been a falsehood.

Not only will we never "pay up" for anything connected to "Reunion Station" - we will avoid anything at Geyser Point. This building had serious promise. The promise fell into the mud. No new SIG, No real food, no common area for our neighbors... rated at "total waste + 1". My god, the Reunion Station DOG has drop ceilings. My BASEMENT has drop ceilings :(.

TEAR IT DOWN, start over, and get serious.

Yup, we are really upset at how our CCV neighbors have been treated :(. But if we see a dues charge for anything but "common area"? Planning on a stink.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

But what about departure morning? MS said no access. That can't possibly be right! For my $213 that I just spent, we WILL have two 7-10am and two 4-6pm Lounge accesses!!!! ::yes::
Makes you wonder if this will be the direction Disney will start going at some point with all CL rooms. By the day and not the night. They could also do this with parking.

Worse.

We OWN at BRV.... and we have a lovely common area. Upset that CCV really does not have one. Please, do not attempt to start using ours. It's not a shared resource.

The promise of a CCV common area (other than the hotel lobby), appears to have been a falsehood.

Not only will we never "pay up" for anything connected to "Reunion Station" - we will avoid anything at Geyser Point. This building had serious promise. The promise fell into the mud. No new SIG, No real food, no common area for our neighbors... rated at "total waste + 1". My god, the Reunion Station DOG has drop ceilings. My BASEMENT has drop ceilings :(.

Yup, we are really upset at how our CCV neighbors have been treated :(. But if we see a dues charge for anything but "common area"? Planning on a stink.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

We stayed at BRV and CCV and ate a Geyser Point. Geyser Point service was poor and with drinks and meal too expensive. Roaring Fork menu was changed and we don't like the changes. We own and love BRV but the rooms need some serious work and attention.

:earsboy: Bill

Worse.

Honestly, as a CCV owner, I could care less about a common area, let alone venture off to BRV to use theirs. I personally would spend any downtime in the WL lobby or over by GP to enjoy the view. I'm not sure why we'd even need one. It's sad because I think this would have been a big success if they did it right.

CCV and WL lobby has become a zoo especially during check in and check out hours during the holidays.

:earsboy: Bill

With the other resort lounges, you have full access up until midnight of your check out day. I can't imagine that it wouldn't be the same (or in this case, at least through "dinner" service).

I totally take advantage of that CL access too, believe me! And to be honest, I will be fine with restrictions on Reunion Station access AS LONG AS I get the 2 full days (2 breakfast hours and 2 late afternoon hours) I am paying for. Anything less will be totally unacceptable; anything more will be appreciated but not expected. ;)

Oh, dear. I owe you and your fellow BRV owners an apology! We arrived for our January CCV stay via red-eye flight from the west coast. Yep, we arrived long, long before check-in and quite weary. We crashed in the lovely, special and quiet BRV common area for a nap before heading out for breakfast. We also used the same space (specifically the train room) on our check-out day while waiting for a 3p'ish Magical Express pick-up. I am so sorry. I had interpreted the space as "DVC" and had not realized that this was BRV specific. My apologies.
Honestly, as a CCV owner, I could care less about a common area, let alone venture off to BRV to use theirs. I personally would spend any downtime in the WL lobby or over by GP to enjoy the view. I'm not sure why we'd even need one. It's sad because I think this would have been a big success if they did it right.
See my apology above. I'm probably not alone in failing to distinguish BRV from CCV given that both piggyback on Wilderness Lodge. FWIW, we parked ourselves in the BRV space for likely 5 hours total given the arrival and departure "homeless" periods. Ooops.

We found the WL lobby too noisy and hangout out near GP too hot (yes, even in January). Compared to either of these, retreating to the BRV lounges was a delightful escape.

Oh, dear. I owe you and your fellow BRV owners an apology! We arrived for our January CCV stay via red-eye flight from the west coast. Yep, we arrived long, long before check-in and quite weary. We crashed in the lovely, special and quiet BRV common area for a nap before heading out for breakfast. We also used the same space (specifically the train room) on our check-out day while waiting for a 3p'ish Magical Express pick-up. I am so sorry. I had interpreted the space as "DVC" and had not realized that this was BRV specific. My apologies.
See my apology above. I'm probably not alone in failing to distinguish BRV from CCV given that both piggyback on Wilderness Lodge. FWIW, we parked ourselves in the BRV space for likely 5 hours total given the arrival and departure "homeless" periods. Ooops.

We found the WL lobby too noisy and hangout out near GP too hot (yes, even in January). Compared to either of these, retreating to the BRV lounges was a delightful escape.
we camped out in the BRV little fireplace room one day, for about three hours, when we were staying at SSR but came over to WL for breakfast and then had several hours to wait for our ME pick up on departure day. My DDs had some schoolwork to do so we sat by fire and they did their work.

I have been known to visit and enjoy the lobby and sit at a fireplace at VWL even when staying at other DVCs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter