Is anyone considering postponing a trip?

We decided to cancel our trip which would have started on Dec 23rd.

The main reasons were expected crowds with iLL/Genie+ failures, limited staff and services, limited early entry and no extend for hours for CSR.

We will try for next xmas and perhaps do a split with UO were we can stay at an express pass hotel. Maybe covid crowds and 50th anniv crowds will be more tame by then.

We're hoping crowds are better in January. Already cancelled October and I don't want to again because it would be another year before we'd come again.

If I was going any other week but the most crowded week of the year, I probably would not have cancelled.

We've postponed twice already... unlikely to a third time since it coincides with something else that can't be moved. If we could though... we probably would. Not out of fear, but just out of ambivalence after all the changes. Our tickets are a sunk cost, so I know we're going once more at some point, but it'd be swell if I could muster some excitement about it first.

We cancelled a June 2020 trip due to Covid and rescheduled for Labor Day 2021. Cancelled that a week or two in advance because of the emergence of Delta. Rescheduled for December 19-23. And now Omicron. I'm 99 percent sure I'm not going to cancel again. Our trip is just 2 days away, and it would be a nightmare to pull the plug now. We're all vaccinated and the adults are boosted. And we can't keep on putting off our lives; the kids (and we) aren't getting any younger. But the timing is really miserable. We're getting a lot of mixed signals about Omicron right now, but some of them are scary. Combining the stress, risk, and uncertainty of the variant with the crowds and Genie+ is a recipe for disappointment. Argh.

We cancelled a June 2020 trip due to Covid and rescheduled for Labor Day 2021. Cancelled that a week or two in advance because of the emergence of Delta. Rescheduled for December 19-23. And now Omicron. I'm 99 percent sure I'm not going to cancel again. Our trip is just 2 days away, and it would be a nightmare to pull the plug now. We're all vaccinated and the adults are boosted. And we can't keep on putting off our lives; the kids (and we) aren't getting any younger. But the timing is really miserable. We're getting a lot of mixed signals about Omicron right now, but some of them are scary. Combining the stress, risk, and uncertainty of the variant with the crowds and Genie+ is a recipe for disappointment. Argh.

I responded last week, but here we are again, in the same boat. We'll be there on the 23rd through the 1st. Omicron is really starting to stress me out. We are all vaxxed and boosted. We'll be wearing masks probably full time except when eating. But yeah, the stress of Omicron as well as the mess that is Genie+ right now, as well as the insane crowd levels, is really putting a damper on my excitement. Fingers crossed...

We're getting a lot of mixed signals about Omicron right now, but some of them are scary. Combining the stress, risk, and uncertainty of the variant with the crowds and Genie+ is a recipe for disappointment. Argh.

We cancelled due to Omicron fears a couple of weeks back. I know it's very uncertain now, but with things changing daily, hopefully you will find news that will give you enough comfort to enjoy your trip.

I think if you guys aren't all about riding rides, can get up early, and throw in a pool day, you'll have a good time. On the plus side, the weather looks absolutely amazing for the next 2 weeks!

I officially canceled everything today except my airport parking. I'll do that tomorrow. I was jus going to 'change' my reservation to 12/23/22 but decided I will wait on that too.

We went on 12/3-12/5. Felt a bit conflicted about it, but we'd had our 3rd vax before thanksgiving so were past the 2 weeks. We didn't dine inside, we did enjoy the pool midday each day, and we did ride all the rides we wanted. Masks were good (I wouldn't say great) but good enough I guess.

My DH did come down with a cold on our return. He said his throat felt scratchy before going to bed the night we got home (we landed at noon) and had a cold for the week. We did test him with rapid test on Monday and Wednesday evenings and both were negative. I never got his cold (or anything else).

Our summer/pool friends are having a get-together on Sunday evening at a local bottle shop and I'm just so bummed that we will probably opt to not go. If we attended it would literally be the most populated group of unmasked people we've been in since before covid. If the weather is nice, we might go and stand outside for a bit, but having skipped holidays with our (grown) kids last year, we plan to be with them (instead of a 20 minute driveway gift exchange). We have enough rapid tests for all of us to test.

We have a week long trip planned starting January 9th. Its our soon to be 7 year old's Christmas surprise so I would hate for something to mess that up. When we made our plans, Covid looked like it was calming down some (even though I suspected some increase after the holidays). I'm not going to lie, this new omicron variant has me a bit nervous as to whether or not we should push it out a few more months just to see what happens. My husband is adamant that we stay the course and go as planned. We have stayed pretty cautious the entire pandemic but we have still lived our lives. We plan to drive instead of fly and we will most likely wear masks anywhere that is crowded; both indoor and outdoor. We don't plan on doing any table service meals at the parks (but we don't do a lot of that in normal times either because it takes so much time out of the day). I'm hoping the week we go won't be terribly busy even though the marathon is wrapping up the weekend we arrive. We are planning Legoland on Monday and Disney parks the rest of the week when crowds are hopefully lower. Also, hoping that Genie+ will help alleviate some of the standing in long lines for extended periods. Hoping for the best but also tempering expectations a little bit as well.

It's a tough decision. I think I'd really try to be as isolated as possible before you travel. Clearly no one wants to get it anywhere, but being exposed at home and realizing you're positive once there would be awful.

We postponed our Disney trip. The way things are operating leaves too much to be desired. The nickel and diming was frustrating enough while everything was operational, but now it's just absurd, especially when compared to Universal. A 5 night, off peak stay at Cabana Bay with 4-day, 2-park hopper (w/o food) costs the same as a trip to All-Stars, 5 night, 5 day hopper w/QS dining package in 2010.

It's insulting to guests during record inflation to keep up-charging and implementing changes that ultimately ruin the experience:
Park reservation system in general; AP holders not guaranteed entry.
Glitchy app prone to outages that can also drop important info, e.g., park tickets.
6+ hour phone wait times for I.T. concerns.
Magical Express service ending in 2022.
Less buses; hour long Skyliner queue before park openings.
Virtual Queue for a ride you can only experience once per day.
In Park App that misleads with false information to motivate upcharge purchases.
Mobile ordering your food with a 4 hour return time.
Publicly stated, "less food, more money".
Less attractions and higher wait times.
No night time parade.

This post has been cleaned up.

As a reminder...

From this point on, we will welcome information on COVID policies RELATED TO TRAVEL. Things like the vaccination policies issued by venues or destinations, the cleaning or distancing procedures in use, practical tips for travelers or things they might need to know that are different from location to location are all valid topics. Any official policies issued by Disney, other travel destinations, cruise lines, airlines, etc. regarding requirements for visiting parks or cruising can be shared. This information needs to be on-topic for the specific forum and thread where posted.

We will NOT welcome debate or opinion about medical, scientific, or political aspects of the pandemic. There are a few often repeated trigger items that won’t be allowed: No statistics about infection rates, no ranting about individual rights, no “face-diaper” comments, no debate about whether vaccinations or masking are effective, no discussions about which governor or politician or news personality did or said what.

In summary: COVID related discussion should be limited to actual policy and practical application, and NOT veer into opinion or debate.

We have a week long trip planned starting January 9th. Its our soon to be 7 year old's Christmas surprise so I would hate for something to mess that up. When we made our plans, Covid looked like it was calming down some (even though I suspected some increase after the holidays). I'm not going to lie, this new omicron variant has me a bit nervous as to whether or not we should push it out a few more months just to see what happens. My husband is adamant that we stay the course and go as planned. We have stayed pretty cautious the entire pandemic but we have still lived our lives. We plan to drive instead of fly and we will most likely wear masks anywhere that is crowded; both indoor and outdoor. We don't plan on doing any table service meals at the parks (but we don't do a lot of that in normal times either because it takes so much time out of the day). I'm hoping the week we go won't be terribly busy even though the marathon is wrapping up the weekend we arrive. We are planning Legoland on Monday and Disney parks the rest of the week when crowds are hopefully lower. Also, hoping that Genie+ will help alleviate some of the standing in long lines for extended periods. Hoping for the best but also tempering expectations a little bit as well.
We’re going around the same time as you guys and similar feels

We went in mid Nov after many reschedules, but with hesitation. We had both had three shots but we are 65. Had a good time( Did not love G+ and the other changes but that’s another topic). DH had a bad cold when we got back which turned into bronchitis but tested negative for Covid. Now we are scheduled for a January trip – this is all to use our built up DVC points – but I’m really hesitant about this one because of omicron. If we can’t rent out the points we will just lose them but that’s better than losing our health so we will have to make a decision very soon.

While we went the first weekend in Dec, I had mixed feeling about it.

We have another trip planned in mid Feb with our grown kids and SOs and I have no idea how to feel about it. Dr. Jha tweeted yesterday he expected the peak to be in late January with a fast decline and back to lower numbers by end of Feb. I don't know why he thinks that, but perhaps this one is so contagious that we'll all be exposed in the next few weeks and we'll either have it or our immune system prevents it. I hope he's correct (well other than it disappearing tomorrow, that would be better,) but we'll have to make a final decision when the wave is at its peak if he's right.

One of the reasons we chose Feb was to use a SWA CP that expires at the end of the month. At this point I think we're going to ask them at Xmas if we can push a month or 2. The cost of 1 plane ticket is not enough reason to force it to Feb.

While we went the first weekend in Dec, I had mixed feeling about it.

We have another trip planned in mid Feb with our grown kids and SOs and I have no idea how to feel about it. Dr. Jha tweeted yesterday he expected the peak to be in late January with a fast decline and back to lower numbers by end of Feb. I don't know why he thinks that, but perhaps this one is so contagious that we'll all be exposed in the next few weeks and we'll either have it or our immune system prevents it. I hope he's correct (well other than it disappearing tomorrow, that would be better,) but we'll have to make a final decision when the wave is at its peak if he's right.

One of the reasons we chose Feb was to use a SWA CP that expires at the end of the month. At this point I think we're going to ask them at Xmas if we can push a month or 2. The cost of 1 plane ticket is not enough reason to force it to Feb.
This would be great - get it out, we take precautions and we can all go back to post covid new normal

I just cancelled a solo trip for a long weekend in early January. I just didn't feel like it was the right thing for me to be doing.

I was hoping to reschedule to March but between airfare and resort availability I'm not booked until mid-May. Not ideal, but hey, hopefully I'll have more peace of mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter