iPhone News...

so who got there's today? leave a report! how much did you pay? did you have to extend your contract? hows the wait? how do you like it?

For those asking about a way to mount your phone on the dash, I have the now old version of the iPhone and I use this mount. It works very well for both my iPhone and my iPod video when necessary. I would assume that it would work for the new iPhones...

I am still waiting on DHL! My upgrade was free, my contract is £45 ($90)per month for 1200 mins and 500 txts:)

I got mine this morning
last one in the shop

just taken it out of the box now

For those asking about a way to mount your phone on the dash, I have the now old version of the iPhone and I use this mount. It works very well for both my iPhone and my iPod video when necessary. I would assume that it would work for the new iPhones...

Does the Iphone actually lock into place in that thing so it can't slide away on a turn? I really can't tell from the photo.

For anyone who now has the new version of the Iphone...what happens when your in the middle of using the GPS and the phone rings? I am assuming the same thing as the Ipod function...that the sound goes off and the screen changes over to phone until your call is answered/stops ringing? I'm thinking my luck I'd get a call when I'm at a crucial point in the directions. Also if your using the GPS, can you still listen to the Ipod at the same time and just watch the GPS screen? I don't know...I think I just may keep my original Iphone and Garmin GPS if they can't work simultaneously. I rarely turn the volume up on my Garmin and just watch the screen-all the while listening to my Ipod through the stereo.

Well, DH and I are setting here at our macs with our lovely new iphone, but we can't get them activated aghhhhhhh:confused3

Well, DH and I are setting here at our macs with our lovely new iphone, but we can't get them activated aghhhhhhh:confused3

If you have Itunes uploaded to your system already it should be a breeze to activate...it guides you through the process all on its own once you connect the phone through your USB. Congrats on your new toy! :woohoo:

If you have Itunes uploaded to your system already it should be a breeze to activate...it guides you through the process all on its own once you connect the phone through your USB. Congrats on your new toy! :woohoo:

There is a new download to download before you can do that and the link isn't working :confused3 :confused3
I'm sure it will be fixed shortly and then we can all play with our new phones

someone earlier said they got the last phone in the store. Has anyone else had this problem? Im not going to be going to get one until next week. Im hoping that at that point all of the hard core fans have passed, and there will still be some. Or if they run out do you think store will be getting more immediatly?

someone earlier said they got the last phone in the store. Has anyone else had this problem? Im not going to be going to get one until next week. Im hoping that at that point all of the hard core fans have passed, and there will still be some. Or if they run out do you think store will be getting more immediatly?

I called our local store and they said they had tons of them and not to worry about running out, they will have them. I guess folks in our area just aren't in a hurry for the phone. :confused3 Clearly the people by me are clueless to the fact that they are missing out on a good thing.

There is a new download to download before you can do that and the link isn't working :confused3 :confused3
I'm sure it will be fixed shortly and then we can all play with our new phones

Thankfully I didn't have this issue with the original. There were no updates or anything. Now when a new download is there, it just does it through Itunes. They really have to streamline the process. Good luck on getting things up and running for your phone. I couldn't do without mine. ;)

I'm able to download at the moment
hopefuly it dose not freeze

I got the last one here in Ireland , all sold out

The AT&T store down the street from my office in Washington, DC had at least 150 people lined up at 7:00 this morning. The line ran down the block and around the corner. I went back by the store a few minutes ago and they said that they had sold all 140 of the phones that they had in stock that morning and that people could now order one from AT&T, but it will take approximately 2 weeks before you receive it.

For those of you experiencing issues activating the phone, it is a worldwide issue according to news reports. Apple's servers are probably running slow given the phenomenal amount of data that will be downloaded from them today.

I just got mine, My DFi went at 5am and I met him there at 7am. I was 44th in line and got mine maybe an hour ago. The Apple site is sloooooooooooow so no sycnching yet.

I'll be on and off al day to synch.

Goodluck to everyone!

I called our local store and they said they had tons of them and not to worry about running out, they will have them. I guess folks in our area just aren't in a hurry for the phone. :confused3 Clearly the people by me are clueless to the fact that they are missing out on a good thing.

Thankfully I didn't have this issue with the original. There were no updates or anything. Now when a new download is there, it just does it through Itunes. They really have to streamline the process. Good luck on getting things up and running for your phone. I couldn't do without mine. ;)

really? where in NJ are you? every store in this area is out. they are offering to pre-purchase them now. but that's dopey. everytime i do something like that I get hosed.

they should have just offered the ability to pre-purchase before July 11th. Things would have went smoother. And allow existing customers to just order online and activate the phone themselves. That would have been nice.

really? where in NJ are you?

I'm in LBI...where all the benny's flock to in the summer. :sad2:

they should have just offered the ability to pre-purchase before July 11th.

Yeah, but then they wouldn't have all this wonderful media hype that causes everyone and their brother to want one. Now how fun would that be? ;)

I got to my AT&T store at 6 this morning was the 2nd person there.. we ended up sitting in our cars until 7 then started lining up... was out of there by 8:30 (wouldn't have taken so long but DH and I had to start fam. plan, activate both my iphone and DH's regular phone and port 2 phone #'s) Last night i downloaded iTunes update and it didn't work... finally got it working this afternoon so now i'm up and running. i LOVE this phone!!!!!

got mine up and running too

This phone is great

I'm not sure if someone posted this but apparently this morning all of the iphones in Ontario, Canada brought the whole Rogers Network down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter