iPhone News...

I was wondering why people were lined up outside the AT&T Store this morning!
Mystery solved!
Melissa

If anyone is thinking about updating their current iPhone w/ the new software update - DON'T DO IT YET - the traffic is causing the networks to crash. My coworker hit yes to do you want to update and it crashed her iPhone and now she's dead in the water.

It was on my local news this evening. The folks in my area were able to buy the phone today, but there wont be access to the internet until December:scared1:

It's like a telephone, internet & cable service company.

Gotcha! ;)

If anyone is thinking about updating their current iPhone w/ the new software update - DON'T DO IT YET - the traffic is causing the networks to crash. My coworker hit yes to do you want to update and it crashed her iPhone and now she's dead in the water.

I always like to wait. If there's any bugs in the system, I like to let other people find them. BTDT with the crashed IPhone though (3x actually in the last year)...and it really stinks.

I'm in LBI...where all the benny's flock to in the summer. :sad2:

Yeah, but then they wouldn't have all this wonderful media hype that causes everyone and their brother to want one. Now how fun would that be? ;)

yeah, but everybody wanted one before the hype! I've been wanting to get one since I first laid hands on one in February. So, I think i've been pretty patient waiting 6 months!

I somewhat made up for the disappointment of not being able to get one by signing up for Direct TV. So long Dish network and hello HD DVR and 90 channels of HD for the same monthly price and no sign-up fees, plus 4 free months of TV :goodvibes

maybe i'll get lucky and the apple store will still have some. If you check their site after 9pm tonight, it will tell you if any are available in inventory.

Of course the FIL went and had my rebates (for the phones we got when we signed up last month) put in his name. So, I'll drag him out of bed and make him wait in line at 6am with me. (They came as Visa gift cards :P) He owes me for having to rush into a new contract and not saving me $200 dollars. I vow never to join anybody else's phone plan again.

No, I'm not bitter about that. :mad:

Ok, so mine did not get activated at the store because iTunes was not cooperating. Well I got it to synch now, but I am not getting the internet/email (data) to work. It will connect to my wifi in my house but nothing on it's own. How do I do that?

I am also still waiting for my number to port from verizon... I have a temporary number for now but they sales rep told me it would port sometime today.

Well I got it to synch now, but I am not getting the internet/email (data) to work. It will connect to my wifi in my house but nothing on it's own. How do I do that?

I remember having the same issue with mine when I got it last year. I wish I could tell you how to resolve it. I would up calling my techie geek uncle (always good to have one in the family) and he came over and got it working. I recall him trying to explain what he did, but I cut him off (cause I really could have cared less)...I was just happy mine was fully operable. I spent hours cursing it when I couldn't get it to work on my own. I also remember saying they really should give you an instruction manual with the phone.

I remember having the same issue with mine when I got it last year. I wish I could tell you how to resolve it. I would up calling my techie geek uncle (always good to have one in the family) and he came over and got it working. I recall him trying to explain what he did, but I cut him off (cause I really could have cared less)...I was just happy mine was fully operable. I spent hours cursing it when I couldn't get it to work on my own. I also remember saying they really should give you an instruction manual with the phone.
Yes, they should give you a manual!! I guess I'll go to the store tomorrow.

Yes, they should give you a manual!! I guess I'll go to the store tomorrow.

I called my uncle, but he doesn't recall exactly the steps he had to take to get the web up and running. Mine did what yours did...recognized there was wi-fi, but wouldn't connect. He said he remembered having to manually enter in my WEP and changing from static to DHCP. If your like me, that means absolutely nothing. I admit it...I love the toys, but I'm so computer illiterate its scary.

I'm not sure if someone posted this but apparently this morning all of the iphones in Ontario, Canada brought the whole Rogers Network down.
Not quite. It did tie up their sales system and Apple's activation system being slow didn't help either. Rogers actual network was fine. I was able to get my email all day.

I called my uncle, but he doesn't recall exactly the steps he had to take to get the web up and running. Mine did what yours did...recognized there was wi-fi, but wouldn't connect. He said he remembered having to manually enter in my WEP and changing from static to DHCP. If your like me, that means absolutely nothing. I admit it...I love the toys, but I'm so computer illiterate its scary.
Yeah, I love me some gadgets but they might as well be speaking french to me when someone gets all techie on me.

Thank you though!

dang! You guys got me all excited now! Im this (fingers) close to driving over to our att store and getting one now instead of waiting a week!

yeah!!! I finally got my phone this am!!! setting it up now. hope doesnt take a long time

Hey everyone! I got an iphone! after much complications with switching my number to a separate account and fighting with people from customer service, I was able to got one and am now finally playing with it.

Oh and now my DFi really wants one too.;)

Hows the availability? I'd like to get one monday. Will they laugh at me when I show up to the store?

I was very disappointed when my company sent out an email telling us we had to wait to order any new phones until they had finished negotiating new rates with AT&T.

Guess it's all for the best. I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer.

Disney needs to make an application for the iPhone similar to what they were testing out for the Nintendo units a few months back. It would be neat to be able to have real-time access to wait times, maps, and other information while in the park. They likely could not access the Pal Mickey data points, but there is still plenty Disney could do with an iPhone app. I'd pay a couple bucks for something like that and I imagine plenty of other people would as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter