Introducing Myself - Rob & Scott UPDATE! Randy Chapman pics!

Hi Rob!

Congrats on your wedding!!!! :cheer2:

I'm having my reception at the ADH as well. I was wondering if you had any tips for that location, since it's not really a "ball room."

In fact....we were down for our planning session Sept 25-Sept 29. My fiance and I ran our parents all over Disney since they haven't been down in over 10 years. Since we wore them out we couldn't get them to go to the Dance Hall to see what it looked like on the nights it is acutally open. We stayed at the Swan and on the 28th we actually got them to walk over to Sea Breeze Point to at least see the ceremony site. On the way back over we noticed a wedding was going on. We peered in the front doors to see if we could get a little peek and a waiter came over and looked at us like we were crazy. We explained that our parents hadn't seen it yet and we were getting married there. He let us poke our heads in. I noticed the sign said Robert and Scott and my fiance said "hey, you should check that disney board and see if they are on there." SURE ENOUGH!! Found this post. From what we saw it looked great. Sooooo... any suggestions? ;) Our planner said that the exsisting nice wood chairs are too low for the round banquet tables but I don't believe them. I think they just want us to use the banquet chairs and rent covers for them since they are GREEN AND ORANGE. I saw you used them though. Did it work ok? Sorry we stole a sneak peek!:flower3:

Hi Rob!

Congrats on your wedding!!!! :cheer2:

I'm having my reception at the ADH as well. I was wondering if you had any tips for that location, since it's not really a "ball room."

In fact....we were down for our planning session Sept 25-Sept 29. My fiance and I ran our parents all over Disney since they haven't been down in over 10 years. Since we wore them out we couldn't get them to go to the Dance Hall to see what it looked like on the nights it is acutally open. We stayed at the Swan and on the 28th we actually got them to walk over to Sea Breeze Point to at least see the ceremony site. On the way back over we noticed a wedding was going on. We peered in the front doors to see if we could get a little peek and a waiter came over and looked at us like we were crazy. We explained that our parents hadn't seen it yet and we were getting married there. He let us poke our heads in. I noticed the sign said Robert and Scott and my fiance said "hey, you should check that disney board and see if they are on there." SURE ENOUGH!! Found this post. From what we saw it looked great. Sooooo... any suggestions? ;) Our planner said that the exsisting nice wood chairs are too low for the round banquet tables but I don't believe them. I think they just want us to use the banquet chairs and rent covers for them since they are GREEN AND ORANGE. I saw you used them though. Did it work ok? Sorry we stole a sneak peek!:flower3:

The existing ADH chairs worked just fine! And they're green and blue, and work really nicely with the decor in the room.

Advice for using ADH for a wedding? Don't do anything. Other than the centerpiece/favors that are listed elsewhere in this thread, we didn't decorate at all. We didn't think the ADH needed anything else. And EVERYONE loved it. From the numerous WDW CMs in attendace to our out of town guests from Southern Colorado, everyone was impressed that we were having our reception there.

Hi Rob! It was great meeting you and Scott in your natural habitat :-)cutie:) the other night!

I have two pix of our meeting - one under-exposed and one over-exposed. I'm posting the latter here, but let me know if (like me) you prefer the underexposed one for its flaw-hiding abilities... :rotfl:

IMG_7696.jpg

I also met DISer TinkFlash that night but, sadly, didn't think to take an under- or over-exposed pic with her too!

Hi Rob! It was great meeting you and Scott in your natural habitat :-)cutie:) the other night!

I have two pix of our meeting - one under-exposed and one over-exposed. I'm posting the latter here, but let me know if (like me) you prefer the underexposed one for its flaw-hiding abilities... :rotfl:

IMG_7696.jpg

Hey Carrie! Sorry about the delayed response. We were doing the honeymoon thing and I'm way behind on posts.

It was great meeting you and Patrick! And thanks for the pic!

I can't imagine what flaws you think you have that you need to hide, btw, you're beautiful.

Let us know the next time you're at WDW!

I hope your wedding was fabulous!!!

It was!

And thanks!

I'll have to get myself organized enough to do a Trip Report soon. I'll keep y'all posted on where to look.

I just wanted to let you ladies know that I've started the trip report from our Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding on page 92 of the planning thread: Rob and Scott's Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding.

So far it's just got a description of our Bachelor Party/Last night at the Adventurers Club.

More to follow, and hopefully some decent pictures soon.

Almost speechless - what a wonderful story.

The very best to you both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter