Introducing Myself - Rob & Scott UPDATE! Randy Chapman pics!

rpmdfw

<font color=red>I feel similarly about the cha-cha
After lurking here on the Wedding Boards for over a year, I figured I'd finally say hello and thank you to all you DisBrides that have provided inspiration and answers to questions you didn't even know I had.

My name is Rob. My partner Scott and I are having a Disney Fairy Tale Commitment Ceremony at the end of September. I can't believe we're roughly two months away already.

I have a planning journal of sorts on the Gay and Lesbian boards. It started as a trip report about our planning session, but so many people asked questions about the rest of the process, that it became a total out-of control planning thread with a life of its own (and over 50 pages). Some of you have found it and said hello already. For everyone else it's here Rob and Scott's Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding.

The friendly folks over on the GLBT board also threw a Virtual Wedding Shower that's gone on for even more pages.

I found the Dis while looking for pictures of the Atlantic Dance hall over a year ago, so thanks to you ladies (and gentlemen) for leading me here. I love it.:thumbsup2

HI ROB!!!!

& congrats on your commitment ceremony!!!!

im gonna have to check out your threads!!

Its great to have you here & September is just RIGHT arounf the corner!!!!!:banana:

Hi Rob! Congratulations on your upcoming Committment Ceremony! :goodvibes Can't wait to read about your plans on your other threads!

Welcome! :wave2:

So it looks like your reception is at Atlantic Dance Hall - where will you have the ceremony?

....And why doesn't THIS board have virtual wedding showers - they sound like fun! :rotfl:

Welcome! :wave2:

So it looks like your reception is at Atlantic Dance Hall - where will you have the ceremony?

....And why doesn't THIS board have virtual wedding showers - they sound like fun! :rotfl:

Um, our Virtual Wedding Shower has veered WAAAYY off topic way too many times to be advisable.

Our ceremony is happening on the Library Stage at the Adventurers Club.

Hi!!! And welcome!!! I want a virtual wedding shower, too!!! I'll have to check out your PJ when I get back from the dentist! :goodvibes

COOL!! :hyper: OK, now you *have* to post a trip report here! :thumbsup2

Yeah. We were very excited to book there when we first met with DFTW in June 2007. They'd never had a ceremony request for the AdvClub before, and had to get approval for it. Little did we know that three months before our ceremony, they'd announce that they were closing the club forever, and the last night would be the night before our ceremony. It's been quite the rollercoaster ride.

Lots more details about that in the PJ.

p.s. Carrie, I have to say, that I loved everything about your wedding, and your trip reports and planning journal helped me prepare for everything we're doing SOO much! Thank you!

Hi, Rob! Welcome to you and Scott! Can't wait to check out your planning journal. I am sooo glad that the announced closing of the AC did not prevent you from going through with your ceremony there. :yay:
Looking forward to your trip report!

Hi Rob!!

I have seen your PJ before and I love reading it!!! Everything sounds great!! You MUST do a Trip Report over here!!!!! I can't wait to hear all the details and see pictures!!!!! :goodvibes

Um, our Virtual Wedding Shower has veered WAAAYY off topic way too many times to be advisable.

Our ceremony is happening on the Library Stage at the Adventurers Club.

Uhhmm, yeah, the virtual shower is not for the faint of heart. There's a goat on the loose, and it has gas. :faint:

Congratulations
the Adventurers Club ceremony sounds wonderful

p.s. Carrie, I have to say, that I loved everything about your wedding, and your trip reports and planning journal helped me prepare for everything we're doing SOO much! Thank you!

:blush: Aw... just for that, I'm signing your AC petition again :rotfl:

Congratulations Rob!!! The AC was something my DH and I considered for our VR - I think that sounds like alot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter