Intro From a Newbie - Hi I'm Lisa....

maria34a said:
Holly! Where in Rhode Island do you live? I live in Tiverton!!!! We are neighbors!!!! We might have to get together with New England Eeyore and Buffy the Sailor Slayor and have a party!!!! Or a crop!!!! :teeth:

hello maria! i live in cumberland, which is in the north east corner of the state. right on the massachusetts border. it's a nice litte town. i've only been to tiverton a few times, on our way to newport. we should get together, that would be fun! :cool1:

party of 3 said:
hello maria! i live in cumberland, which is in the north east corner of the state. right on the massachusetts border. it's a nice litte town. i've only been to tiverton a few times, on our way to newport. we should get together, that would be fun! :cool1:

HHMM let's see DH says it takes 1 hour and 15 minutes to Cranston. I can get to RI via Rt 6, or 138, 14 or 44. We should plan something after the holidays!

party of 3 said:
Good Afternoon Everyone!
Well 1st off, Welcome Lisa! Glad to have you here with us. Next, I can't believe how much I have learned today about everyone. I thought I new alot, but come to find out I did not. So thanks to Lisa for starting this thread.
I'm Holly and I'm 41 and NOT a SAHM, but wish I was. I have a 4 year old son, who I just love to pieces!!! Sadly, I have to work, but I have managed to recently find a new job, (after 20 years) that will let me be home more. My dh and I were married for 18years before our little man came into our lives. I love my scrapbook "stuff", all things Disney, and of course Dr. McDreamy (who my dh calls my boyfriend!) I live in R.I. and always have. Nothing exciting there, but it's where I call home. The girls here on this board are all so nice, really. It's a nice little community. They always make me feel welcome. Even if I ask a stupid question!!!!!
So again, WELCOME to our home. how does the saying go???..... our casa, e
you casa!!!

LOL! This happens on other boards I frequent . We don't always take the time to share stuff, do we? Wow, you were married a long time before having a child - that had to be a little culture shock-like! :teeth: I'm a huge Grey's Anatomy fan, so we'll get along very well! :)

StitchIsOurHero said:
Hi again, Lisa! I posted a welcome on the other thread, but I thought I'd pop over here and introduce myself! :wave: I'm Brooke, and I turned 30 this past September in WDW! My DH & I just celebrated our 7th anniversary yesterday, and we live in East Tennessee. We don't have kids, but we have 3 dogs and 2 cats. I am a high school guidance counselor and cheerleading coach (the coach part had gone away for 7 months, and has recently been reinstated by powers beyond my control!!).

DH & I are both Disney addicts. We go about 2 times a year, and we just joined DVC last June. I have been scrapping for about 8 years, but I have just in the past couple of years become rededicated to it. . .this board does that to you!! I am a SWAP ADDICT. . .I have so many swap items, it is crazy! But, I love it!!

As everyone has said, people here are funny, friendly, and welcoming! We have a great time!! Welcome to our little corner of the board!!

Thanks for posting over here, too. I *did* see your posts on the SB board. Wow, you're a teacher & a coach. That's fantastic. I always wish I had gotten my teaching degree. We've thought about DVC, but I have yet to convince DH. I'm working on him! I know I'll be your swap addict buddy before I know it. :teeth:

ddavis860 said:
Hi Lisa :wave:

We are a friendly bunch here. Glad to see another Charmed fan too! :teeth:

Thanks for the welcome Debbie! I've only become a Charmed fan in the last couple of months. I've been watching reruns on TNT (either in the morning or in the afternoon). I keep missing some key episodes, so I keep watching and have to go back to the beginning and watch again. I'm addicted enough to watch episodes over and over again. I have never seen the episode where Pru dies. I will some day! What a goal I have. lol.

LOL at your commando swapaholic title. :teeth:

maria34a said:
Holly! Where in Rhode Island do you live? I live in Tiverton!!!! We are neighbors!!!! We might have to get together with New England Eeyore and Buffy the Sailor Slayor and have a party!!!! Or a crop!!!! :teeth:

I am always up for a road trip to meet fellow scrappers! (And it would be nice to mee the "Evil" Maria ;) )

loopner67 said:

LOL at your commando swapaholic title. :teeth:

That was from a swap that was starting...and we all were laying in wait for sign ups to open, and our Dear Hostess (name withheld to protect the innocent) was at the store with her DH and we were waiting...and waiting....and waiting....and well, we got bored and started a secret mission...and well, it got really funny...

And now thanks to Britney Spears, it has a whole new meaning to me.... :lmao:

As for that Prue episode, sometimes they just jump right over it, I can't figure out why. My DS and I have been fans for years, and I am also a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan too. :teeth:

ddavis860 said:
That was from a swap that was starting...and we all were laying in wait for sign ups to open, and our Dear Hostess (name withheld to protect the innocent) was at the store with her DH and we were waiting...and waiting....and waiting....and well, we got bored and started a secret mission...and well, it got really funny...

And now thanks to Britney Spears, it has a whole new meaning to me.... :lmao:

As for that Prue episode, sometimes they just jump right over it, I can't figure out why. My DS and I have been fans for years, and I am also a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan too. :teeth:

I spit coffee at the Britney Spears comment. :rotfl2:

Yah, I thought they skipped over the Prue episode and I just can't figure out why??? I hate that I watch all those weeks to see it, then they rip me off! I'm also off kilter because the morning episodes are like a season behind the afternoon episodes. I really should just chose one time of day to watch! Ha!

BernardandMissBianca said:
HHMM let's see DH says it takes 1 hour and 15 minutes to Cranston. I can get to RI via Rt 6, or 138, 14 or 44. We should plan something after the holidays!

yup cranston is about 15 minutes from me. my very best friend lives in cranston and my niece lives in johnston, which is the next town over. when we go to ct, we usually go rt 6. we do a antique truck show in colchester. we should do something after the holidays.

New England Eeyore said:
I am always up for a road trip to meet fellow scrappers! (And it would be nice to mee the "Evil" Maria ;) )

ROAD TRIP!!! every time i see the "evil maria" i start singing....there's something about maria!!!! what's that from???? the sound of music, maybe????

loopner67 said:
LOL! This happens on other boards I frequent . We don't always take the time to share stuff, do we? Wow, you were married a long time before having a child - that had to be a little culture shock-like! :teeth: I'm a huge Grey's Anatomy fan, so we'll get along very well! :)

yes we were married a long time before the love of my life came, but he is just such a blessing. i never thought it would happen. we did everything we wanted to do when it was just us. i really did not even know what i was missing. it is funny that my best friend daughter is 22 and about to have a baby. so she's almost a grandmother and i'm a mother of a 4yr old. so it goes. most of my friends kids are all about that age (20ish) so John has brought so much joy to everyone. we all get to enjoy him.

party of 3 said:
ROAD TRIP!!! every time i see the "evil maria" i start singing....there's something about maria!!!! what's that from???? the sound of music, maybe????

West Side Story

I think....

party of 3 said:
yup cranston is about 15 minutes from me. my very best friend lives in cranston and my niece lives in johnston, which is the next town over. when we go to ct, we usually go rt 6. we do a antique truck show in colchester. we should do something after the holidays.

Not to far from Colchester myself, I usually hit the Starbucks in town when I'm that way. Let me know the next time you're in town.

ddavis860 said:
I know who it was! I know who it was!! :wave: Hey, we probably should post her a reminder that she can NOT go out with her DH on her upcoming signups that her and her co-hostess need to be together!!

PrincessNancy96 said:
I know who it was! I know who it was!! :wave: Hey, we probably should post her a reminder that she can NOT go out with her DH on her upcoming signups that her and her co-hostess need to be together!!

SHHHHHHHHH..... :rolleyes1

Yup, we don't want a repeat... Dh's just don't understand :confused3

New England Eeyore said:

Ah yes the EVIL Maria :stir: Right here in Tiverton!!!! Just 15-20 min from Providence!!!

We will have to get together after the holidays!!!!!

loopner67 said:
I spit coffee at the Britney Spears comment. :rotfl2:

Yah, I thought they skipped over the Prue episode and I just can't figure out why??? I hate that I watch all those weeks to see it, then they rip me off! I'm also off kilter because the morning episodes are like a season behind the afternoon episodes. I really should just chose one time of day to watch! Ha!

Just ask me anything! I think I have seen every episode!!!! LOL!!!! Kinda like the witch and vampire shows :rolleyes1 Not sure why????

Just had a chance to catch up with this thread.

First off WELCOME!!!!

I'm Jenny and I live in Cary, NC. Where are you thinking of moving to down here? My DH and I have been married for 2.5 years and just moved into our first home this summer. We love it but there is still so much work to do even with a new construction. I love scrapbooking, card making, watching tv, and reading miscellaneous entertainment gossip. LOL My DH always says I'm a wealth of useless knowledge. We have no kids yet but have recently started trying so maybe soon. I have one dog Loki and a cat Kali. They love the new house but Loki is having some adjustment issues.

I normally go to Disney with my mom and sister. She's 20 years younger then me but we have a great time. No trips planned for right now but hopefully we'll get back next year sometime. We were thinking of a quick March trip but my step-father just called the other day to see if it was ok to send the three of us to the Mall of America for our Christmas present at the end of February. He wants it to be a surprise for my mom but he needed to talk to me since he has no idea of scheduling. Of course I said it would be a great present. Who wouldn't want to go shopping for a couple days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter