Intro From a Newbie - Hi I'm Lisa....

PrincessNancy96 said:
Stay At Home Mom!

I wish I was one of those!!!! I wish I was just half of one of those!!!! :rotfl2: Does dating someone with a son count???? :rotfl2: Hee! Hee! He is 5yrs old and really cute!!!

maria34a said:
I wish I was one of those!!!! I wish I was just half of one of those!!!! :rotfl2: Does dating someone with a son count???? :rotfl2: Hee! Hee! He is 5yrs old and really cute!!!
Yes, they count... remember... the key to that.. if they are really, really bad you can say they aren't yours!! :lmao: No seriously, I have 2 stepsons...and I claim them.. considering they are over at my house more than they are anywhere else...and if they aren't here..they are calling... "can I have a ride, could you take me to school, I missed the bus, practice got canceled but I couldn't get to the bus..."...good thing we are about 3 blocks from the school.. if you can walk here.. I can help ya! :teeth:

OK, Here is my story and who I am!!!! Bet you all can't wait!!!! :lmao:

My name is Maria (the evil one) I am a Widow, I lost my husband almost 4 years ago and just this year doing great! Just this year started dating again and 4 months ago, met (I think) the one!!!! Yeah, he is kinda great, I think I will keep him as long as he wants to keep me! :rotfl2: Hopefully it will last, you never know! We are both 42 years old and he has a wonderful little 5 year old son named Thomas! We get to see him every other weekend and every Wednesday! Not enough time, but that's how the cookie crumbles! My life is great now and I love it! There was a time where I hated it... We will not go there... I was grieving I was in a difficult place.
I am back as my EVIL self and proud of it!!! :lmao:

I love my art and crave the creativity! This board is soooo addictive! But you will love it! The swaps so far have been great! I can honestly say that I would be proud to use anything I have received in any of my books! I have also participated in a card swap and all the cards were beautiful! I am actually using them all!!!! I am proud to use them! I have participated in other swaps from other boards on the web and was so dissapointed when I got the stuff back! I actually had to throw the stuff out it was so bad. I think about the time and money invested and it just sickens me. These girls are great though! They know quality! If you ask for them to try harder to think outside the box, its amazing what they come up with!!!! They are incredible!!!! (Notice I am not being EVIL here!!! :love: ) LOL It's Christmas time and I guess the spirit is hitting me! Enjoy it folks!!! :rolleyes1

I do have a swap addiction like all the other girls.... :rolleyes1 We will not discuss that here, we have a "special" place for that topic... :lmao:

I work full time for the Gov't and no I am not Military, just work for them!!!! I am a Civvie!!!! I am a Secretary and I work part time on and off for Stacy aka Caitsmama- (you will see her around the boards) she owns a store here in Tiverton that sells bath and body stuff!!! She makes her own products as well as bringing in top quality products. She has a beautiful store! Can you tell I am proud of her! She is also my best friend!!!! :goodvibes

By the way, good to hear from another person in PA!!!! My family also is from PA and we have lots of them in the Harrisburg area, Allentown area, Lancaster, Philadelphia, Media, I could go on and on!!!!

Again Welcome Lisa and hope you have lots of fun and hope to see you swapping with us addicts!!!!

Maria

I'm originally from Cape May Courthouse, Coast Guard brat. I also lived in California and Hawaii. We now live in CT. My mom is from Villas, born a raised and my dad is from Mass. My grandma still lives in Villas so we go down either for spring break or in the summer.

I'll type more later! Got to get the kids from school. I'm sure Nan can fill you in and don't forget a description of our "moments". :rotfl2:

PrincessNancy96 said:
Yes, they count... remember... the key to that.. if they are really, really bad you can say they aren't yours!! :lmao: No seriously, I have 2 stepsons...and I claim them.. considering they are over at my house more than they are anywhere else...and if they aren't here..they are calling... "can I have a ride, could you take me to school, I missed the bus, practice got canceled but I couldn't get to the bus..."...good thing we are about 3 blocks from the school.. if you can walk here.. I can help ya! :teeth:

Yeah! I kinda like that! I can just say Manny he is your son... and just walk away!!! :lmao: LOL!!!! Look at the people around me and say I don't know who they are :confused3 Never saw them :confused3
Yes!!! Love it!!!! :lmao:

BernardandMissBianca said:
I'm originally from Cape May Courthouse, Coast Guard brat. I also lived in California and Hawaii. We now live in CT. My mom is from Villas, born a raised and my dad is from Mass. My grandma still lives in Villas so we go down either for spring break or in the summer.

I'll type more later! Got to get the kids from school. I'm sure Nan can fill you in and don't forget a description of our "moments". :rotfl2:

Ahhhhh... The description of the moments is in the Scrapbooking board room! That is where I first saw the introductions! So you will have to go there to see the post and then come back here to reply to it!!!!
Maria

Alright I'm back! All of my xmas cards are in the mail!!! :cool1: YAY for me!

OK, Hi I'm Buffy I'm 33 :ssst: , and I'm a SAHD- D for DIS'er and a NAHM - never at home mom. Read on and you'll see why I'm never at home. ;) I have wonderful DH who is never home, his job takes him all over the world at least 45 weeks a year. We have been married for almost 14 years. I have 3 boys, 10, 6, and 5 and 1 little girl who is 9 months. They are the reason I am never home! LOL I am originally from NJ, have lived in CA, HI, GA, and now we live in CT.
As you know from my siggie I am the Swap Goddess and the Keeper of the Calendar, I'm also the lead sponsor for our Swap, Hoarder, Shopper, and Clutterer support groups. Occasionally I can be the Great Enabler too.

I won't torture you like some people :p and have you search forever for the definitions of our moments.
Having a "Nancy moment" is being blonde. See she is blonde and a little forgetful sometimes but anyone with 5 kids would be!
Having a "Maria Moment" is just being plain evil and :stir: stirring the pot. But we love her anyway!
Having a "Goddess moment" is a moment where you are in your glory.
I also coined the phrase "Fleeting moments of clarity" this is when our muse kicks in and we get really creative and it leads to a Goddess Moment.

So how do ya like us so far????? :goodvibes

Hey Maria if you ever want to be a mom for the day let me know, my kids can be yours!!!

Maria....I love that you shared so much info with me! It really helps me get to know you faster. Allentown, PA is only an hour south of here. I'm really sorry to hear about your husband, but your new beau sounds great. I, myself, am a stepmom and did those weekend visits for many years. My stepdaughter was 5 when I started dating my DH, then she was 8 when we got married. She's not 19 and living in NC. I can't say that being a stepmom has been my favorite role in my life, but it certainly has been interesting. pirate:

I really look forward to getting to know everyone here and to figure out the whole gist with the swaps! :woohoo:

BernardandMissBianca said:
Alright I'm back! All of my xmas cards are in the mail!!! :cool1: YAY for me!

OK, Hi I'm Buffy I'm 33 :ssst: , and I'm a SAHD- D for DIS'er and a NAHM - never at home mom. Read on and you'll see why I'm never at home. ;) I have wonderful DH who is never home, his job takes him all over the world at least 45 weeks a year. We have been married for almost 14 years. I have 3 boys, 10, 6, and 5 and 1 little girl who is 9 months. They are the reason I am never home! LOL I am originally from NJ, have lived in CA, HI, GA, and now we live in CT.
As you know from my siggie I am the Swap Goddess and the Keeper of the Calendar, I'm also the lead sponsor for our Swap, Hoarder, Shopper, and Clutterer support groups. Occasionally I can be the Great Enabler too.

I won't torture you like some people :p and have you search forever for the definitions of our moments.
Having a "Nancy moment" is being blonde. See she is blonde and a little forgetful sometimes but anyone with 5 kids would be!
Having a "Maria Moment" is just being plain evil and :stir: stirring the pot. But we love her anyway!
Having a "Goddess moment" is a moment where you are in your glory.
I also coined the phrase "Fleeting moments of clarity" this is when our muse kicks in and we get really creative and it leads to a Goddess Moment.

So how do ya like us so far????? :goodvibes

Hey Maria if you ever want to be a mom for the day let me know, my kids can be yours!!!

I am loving that you guys are sharing so much about yourselves with me. You've really rolled out a great welcoming mat. I might be able to add to the moments someday since I'm known to be forgetful. LOL. What's funny is I forget more real life things than I do anything I'm doing online. How does that happen? :teeth:

I really love those fleeting moments of clarity. I gotta get me some of those this week! :rotfl2:

Wow Buffy, you have your hands full AND your DH is gone a lot, huh?! Bet you are in that car of yours an awful lot. Such is a mother's life, some days, though! I love that you are a SAHD instead of just a SAHM. I really like that!

princess:

loopner67 said:
I am loving that you guys are sharing so much about yourselves with me. You've really rolled out a great welcoming mat. I might be able to add to the moments someday since I'm known to be forgetful. LOL. What's funny is I forget more real life things than I do anything I'm doing online. How does that happen? :teeth:

I really love those fleeting moments of clarity. I gotta get me some of those this week! :rotfl2:

Wow Buffy, you have your hands full AND your DH is gone a lot, huh?! Bet you are in that car of yours an awful lot. Such is a mother's life, some days, though! I love that you are a SAHD instead of just a SAHM. I really like that!

princess:

Yeah as a mom I'm never home, PTO, cross country, soccer, taxi cab etc... As for the DIS'er part, I get withdrawal pains if I'm away from the computer. Our home computer broke and DH was using my laptop. I thought I was just gong to die!! I have openly admitted to my kids being late to school because I just had to type 1 more response.

Hi Lisa and welcome! This is a fabulous board filled with lots of warm and funny and terrific ladies (and a guy or two every now and then!)

Stepmoms unite! I'm Suzanne, 28, and I live North of Boston. I have 3 teenage stepdaughters, almost 18, 16, and 14. I've been married for 4 and a half years, been with my DH for over 7 and we've been through every imaginable custody arrangement so I have my share of war stories. Right now they live with their mom but lately they've been spending almost every weekend here. There have been lots of ups and downs but for awhile now we've definitely been in an "up" swing so things are very good.

I've been scrapping for about 6 years now, been a Disney nut for the same amount of time. It was my first trip back to WDW as an adult that started my scrapping habit. Finding these boards has enabled me in more ways then one in that I spend WAY more time and money than I ever imagined on scrapping (and that dirty little addiction - SWAPS!) and the rest of the boards have contributed to me now making multiple trips to WDW per year!

Me too!!! I'm constantly on the run...between 5 kids, basketball practices for 4 of the 5 til January 8th and than all 5, cross country, soccer, track, spell bowl, yada, yada, and my volunteer in the community and school... I have to admit I keep DIS open on my browser all day for my random "drive by" posts!!! :)

New England Eeyore said:
Hi Lisa and welcome! This is a fabulous board filled with lots of warm and funny and terrific ladies (and a guy or two every now and then!)

Stepmoms unite! I'm Suzanne, 28, and I live North of Boston. I have 3 teenage stepdaughters, almost 18, 16, and 14. I've been married for 4 and a half years, been with my DH for over 7 and we've been through every imaginable custody arrangement so I have my share of war stories. Right now they live with their mom but lately they've been spending almost every weekend here. There have been lots of ups and downs but for awhile now we've definitely been in an "up" swing so things are very good.

I've been scrapping for about 6 years now, been a Disney nut for the same amount of time. It was my first trip back to WDW as an adult that started my scrapping habit. Finding these boards has enabled me in more ways then one in that I spend WAY more time and money than I ever imagined on scrapping (and that dirty little addiction - SWAPS!) and the rest of the boards have contributed to me now making multiple trips to WDW per year!

Waving "Hi" To Suzanne. :wave:

Wow another stepmom! I don't think I've ever met so many all in one place before. lol. Glad to hear you're in an upswing right now. It's never easy. My stepdaughter's mother moved her to NC (we're in PA) the summer before her Senior Year in highschool. We don't see her as much anymore now . Definitely an adjustment.

LOL that you spent way too much time and money on scrapping now. I'm a self professed SB paper wh0re. I can tell how addicting these boards can be and I always come here to get my fix when I'm planning a trip (we should be going back in April). For me to also be able to chat about Scrapping here is just a huge, major bonus! AND now I see how fun and chatty you guys are and I know fate brought me here. DH just got home and asked if I did anything all day and I Couldn't admit that I was sitting here most of the time. My butt is someday going to stay attached to the computer chair. :rotfl2:

Wow, multiple trips in one year! Most of my friends think I'm totally insane (and rich) for going almost every year for the past couple of years. They obviously don't completely "get" the whole Disney pull, now do they? ;)

Good Afternoon Everyone!
Well 1st off, Welcome Lisa! Glad to have you here with us. Next, I can't believe how much I have learned today about everyone. I thought I new alot, but come to find out I did not. So thanks to Lisa for starting this thread.
I'm Holly and I'm 41 and NOT a SAHM, but wish I was. I have a 4 year old son, who I just love to pieces!!! Sadly, I have to work, but I have managed to recently find a new job, (after 20 years) that will let me be home more. My dh and I were married for 18years before our little man came into our lives. I love my scrapbook "stuff", all things Disney, and of course Dr. McDreamy (who my dh calls my boyfriend!) I live in R.I. and always have. Nothing exciting there, but it's where I call home. The girls here on this board are all so nice, really. It's a nice little community. They always make me feel welcome. Even if I ask a stupid question!!!!!
So again, WELCOME to our home. how does the saying go???..... our casa, e
you casa!!!

New England Eeyore said:
Hey Buffy, I see you have a new ticker. Are you taking the little princess for her birthday? That's terrific!

yep! I'm going through major withdrawal because we haven't really gone this year, just the short scrapping/dh's b'day trip. I miss my mouse! so now I'm the only one in the family who has not gone for a birthday. someday!!

Lisa, were very lucky to go 4 times last year. It was a fluke! we do aim for once or twice a year but that doesn't always happen. Our trip in April was from our tax return and our DS10 was at Sylvan learning, he finished ahead of schedule so we used that money too, August was just me and mom for a scrap convention at the Contemporary, Oct was a very short trip for DS6 band 5's birthdays, and Dec had been planned and paid for, for a year. plus with DH traveling so much we have the benefit of frequent flyer miles. we have to get something out of all that travel, right?!

Hi Lisa :wave:

We are a friendly bunch here. Glad to see another Charmed fan too! :teeth:

party of 3 said:
Good Afternoon Everyone!
Well 1st off, Welcome Lisa! Glad to have you here with us. Next, I can't believe how much I have learned today about everyone. I thought I new alot, but come to find out I did not. So thanks to Lisa for starting this thread.
I'm Holly and I'm 41 and NOT a SAHM, but wish I was. I have a 4 year old son, who I just love to pieces!!! Sadly, I have to work, but I have managed to recently find a new job, (after 20 years) that will let me be home more. My dh and I were married for 18years before our little man came into our lives. I love my scrapbook "stuff", all things Disney, and of course Dr. McDreamy (who my dh calls my boyfriend!) I live in R.I. and always have. Nothing exciting there, but it's where I call home. The girls here on this board are all so nice, really. It's a nice little community. They always make me feel welcome. Even if I ask a stupid question!!!!!
So again, WELCOME to our home. how does the saying go???..... our casa, e
you casa!!!

Holly! Where in Rhode Island do you live? I live in Tiverton!!!! We are neighbors!!!! We might have to get together with New England Eeyore and Buffy the Sailor Slayor and have a party!!!! Or a crop!!!! :teeth:

Hi again, Lisa! I posted a welcome on the other thread, but I thought I'd pop over here and introduce myself! :wave: I'm Brooke, and I turned 30 this past September in WDW! My DH & I just celebrated our 7th anniversary yesterday, and we live in East Tennessee. We don't have kids, but we have 3 dogs and 2 cats. I am a high school guidance counselor and cheerleading coach (the coach part had gone away for 7 months, and has recently been reinstated by powers beyond my control!!).

DH & I are both Disney addicts. We go about 2 times a year, and we just joined DVC last June. I have been scrapping for about 8 years, but I have just in the past couple of years become rededicated to it. . .this board does that to you!! I am a SWAP ADDICT. . .I have so many swap items, it is crazy! But, I love it!!

As everyone has said, people here are funny, friendly, and welcoming! We have a great time!! Welcome to our little corner of the board!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter