Intro From a Newbie - Hi I'm Lisa....

loopner67

The addiction grows daily.
I'm not new to DisBoards - I've been poking around and checking on the park boards, resort board, restaurants board, etc... but only yesterday found the SB board and now this board.

I almost didn't jump right in since I'm going away for the holidays on Thursday and won't be back until after the New Year, but I just couldn't wait. :teeth:

Hi, I'm Lisa and I'm a 39 year old SAHM from Northeast PA. I've been married for 10+ years to my wonderful DH, Jim . He might have a job opportunity in NC, so we could potentially be moving down there, which is great because we spend a lot of time down in Myrtle Beach, SC (my parents and sister all live down there and DH's mom is moving there from FL). I have two children - Matthew is 8 and is in 3rd grade. Andrew is 6 and is in Kindergarten (half day).

I love to scrap. I've been scrapping since 1998, but didn't really get into it until 2000. I have albums for both of my boys, then my own family albums and then, of course, the Disney Albums.

I also am a huge TV Junkie, love to read when I have time, love crossword puzzles, am basically connected to my computer, love to golf (when/if I ever do this) and I bowl ever Wednesday morning.

And since this is a Disney Forum - I'll add that we weren't going to go back to WDW until Fall/Winter '07, but DH has decided we should go back in April this upcoming year. Wahoo! :cheer2: Let the planning begin!

That's enough from me. I'll try to keep poking around some and get my bearings. :3dglasses I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Hi Lisa!!
Welcome to the jungle!!!
I'm Nancy.. Married for 10 years to my DH..and we have 5 children, 4 boys and 1 girl.. Ranging in ages from 15- 6! My youngest is also in kindergarten (half days)... acutally I just picked him up from school today!
Hope to see you around the boards more often and maybe join in a swap or two or three.. we'll get you addicted pretty quick! Check out the swap calendar 2007 to see if anything peaks your interest!!!
Okay, off to put away some of the gifts I just bought and finalize the next list of what needs to be bought!
Have a great day!!! ;)

PrincessNancy96 said:
Hi Lisa!!
Welcome to the jungle!!!
I'm Nancy.. Married for 10 years to my DH..and we have 5 children, 4 boys and 1 girl.. Ranging in ages from 15- 6! My youngest is also in kindergarten (half days)... acutally I just picked him up from school today!
Hope to see you around the boards more often and maybe join in a swap or two or three.. we'll get you addicted pretty quick! Check out the swap calendar 2007 to see if anything peaks your interest!!!
Okay, off to put away some of the gifts I just bought and finalize the next list of what needs to be bought!

Have a great day!!! ;)

Bout time you showed up!!! I was going to track you down if I didn't hear from you today. I didn't hear from you this weekend so I was getting worried. How's DH doing?

See Lisa we are pretty tight around here so if we don't here from you we get worried. We're a bunch of mother hens. :rotfl2:

BernardandMissBianca said:
Bout time you showed up!!! I was going to track you down if I didn't hear from you today. I didn't hear from you this weekend so I was getting worried. How's DH doing?

See Lisa we are pretty tight around here so if we don't here from you we get worried. We're a bunch of mother hens. :rotfl2:
Hey you!!! Off to shoot you a PM... things have been crazy, kids are here fighting, school wants this that and the other for parties.. HELLO? am I the only one you, the school, can call? Plus, I have to start on those scrapbook paper filled ornaments tonight.. and everyone has practices tonight..and .. you know....

:welcome: Lisa,

Enjoy your time on the boards with us. Also enjoy your holiday away and have a very happy holiday :santa: and Happy New Year.

Come back and jump in when you get back.

Hello Lisa! :cheer2:
I am a 38 SAHM with a DH of 10yrs, an 8 DS in 3rd grade and a 5 DS who missed the cut off for Kindergarten. My parents are from Northeast PA, me I'm a Yankee, NY that is. I've only scrapped two pages (still, I know, I'm pathetic, I'm working on it) but I am a total scrapaholic. Hope to see you in our swaps.

Nancy!! Whew, I was worried too. Glad you got some presents today. How many more to go? My job to keep you at it.

I've pulled up my big comfy chair and plan on getting acquainted as much as I can today and tomorrow, since Wed will start the madness. I love mother hen friends. They rock! :banana:

AlexWyattMommy said:
I am a 38 SAHM with a DH of 10yrs, an 8 DS in 3rd grade and a 5 DS who missed the cut off for Kindergarten. My parents are from Northeast PA, me I'm a Yankee, NY that is. I've only scrapped two pages (still, I know, I'm pathetic, I'm working on it) but I am a total scrapaholic. Hope to see you in our swaps.

:wave:

My youngest also missed the cut off and was home with me last year when he was five already. I honestly enjoyed that extra year with him just being home and he's *so* ready for K now! :)

You're very close to me. I'm right in the Poconos - 3 minutes from the bridge - and I'm really a NJ traitor who came over the border to buy a house since it's cheaper here. ;)

AlexWyattMommy said:

Nancy!! Whew, I was worried too. Glad you got some presents today. How many more to go? My job to keep you at it.
I'm half done... I just found the electronic soduko Cam wanted..and it was on sale for $5.00!!! Yeah, I scored with that one!!!
I went out this morning at 8:06 when DD got on the bus..and was back in town by 10:15am for kdg. pick up.... so I have to run out tomorrow to finish.. than it's on to wrapping...

loopner67 said:
I've pulled up my big comfy chair and plan on getting acquainted as much as I can today and tomorrow, since Wed will start the madness. I love mother hen friends. They rock! :banana:
Oh, quick warning.. there are some statements said at times that will result in the screen needing to be cleaned off from a spit out tea, soda, or even food.. so please keep a towel and wet wipe with you at all times when visiting!!! :)
Ok, off to start lunch and feed the natives that are here...so, what do you want to know about us? I forgot to mention in my post.. I'm also a SAHM!!

goaliewife said:
:welcome: Lisa,

Enjoy your time on the boards with us. Also enjoy your holiday away and have a very happy holiday :santa: and Happy New Year.

Come back and jump in when you get back.

Thanks for the warm welcome Vickie! :wizard:

PrincessNancy96 said:
Hi Lisa!!
Welcome to the jungle!!!
Have a great day!!! ;)

Hi Nancy! Jungles are fun! :teeth: Yes, once I get my bearings and check out the swap info, I'm sure I'll get involved. I can't control myself. :rotfl:

Me too!!!! I'm from Cape May!!!! :teeth:

I know where you live too! You're only about a 5 hour drive from here. That is if I go the right way next time! :rotfl2:

Cape May is awesome! Are you still living down there? We were just down that way in early October. My one brother owns a house in Ocean City, so we borrow it for a weekend during the off season. We hit Cape May when they have that cool craft show right in the street. I must have a bratwurst from that one vendor guy! We also visited the Lighthouse this past time. :) I grew up in Northern NJ - in Morris County - and we only moved to PA 6 years ago. I feel like I have the best of both worlds here since I can be to the Rockaway Mall in 35 minutes! :)

PrincessNancy96 said:
Oh, quick warning.. there are some statements said at times that will result in the screen needing to be cleaned off from a spit out tea, soda, or even food.. so please keep a towel and wet wipe with you at all times when visiting!!! :)
Ok, off to start lunch and feed the natives that are here...so, what do you want to know about us? I forgot to mention in my post.. I'm also a SAHM!!

Hmm what do I want to know? Ummm everything?! :rotfl2:

I tend to crack jokes a lot, so keep those wipes handy! :smokin:

Me too!!!! I'm from Cape May!!!! :teeth:

I know where you live too! You're only about a 5 hour drive from here. That is if I go the right way next time! :rotfl2:

Buffy! You are from Cape May????? My family is from that area too!!!! I grew up in Cape May County!!! Sea Isle City!!!! Every Summer we spent 3 months there! No matter where my Dad was stationed, we went back home every year! Cool!!!!

Lisa,
Go back and read my post in the Scrapbook room!!!! You will laugh!!! :happytv: then come back! Welcome!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter