Intro From a Newbie - Hi I'm Lisa....

jennyL said:
Just had a chance to catch up with this thread.

First off WELCOME!!!!

I'm Jenny and I live in Cary, NC. Where are you thinking of moving to down here? My DH and I have been married for 2.5 years and just moved into our first home this summer. We love it but there is still so much work to do even with a new construction. I love scrapbooking, card making, watching tv, and reading miscellaneous entertainment gossip. LOL My DH always says I'm a wealth of useless knowledge. We have no kids yet but have recently started trying so maybe soon. I have one dog Loki and a cat Kali. They love the new house but Loki is having some adjustment issues.

I normally go to Disney with my mom and sister. She's 20 years younger then me but we have a great time. No trips planned for right now but hopefully we'll get back next year sometime. We were thinking of a quick March trip but my step-father just called the other day to see if it was ok to send the three of us to the Mall of America for our Christmas present at the end of February. He wants it to be a surprise for my mom but he needed to talk to me since he has no idea of scheduling. Of course I said it would be a great present. Who wouldn't want to go shopping for a couple days?

Wow Jenny. Small world. If we moved down there, I'd be very close to you. Holly Springs. My husband's company, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, just bought a huge track of land in that town and they are building a brand new vaccine facility there. So below Raleigh is where we are looking! I have my fingers crossed since we'd then only be 3 hours from Myrtle Beach (we have a vacation home there). It would be wild if I moved there, then I'd want to meet you! I have another online SB friend who lives near Garner and she goes to crops about once a month. We could meet and do something like that some day! :)

Wanna hear a funny? My Dh's ex moved to Fuquay Varina a few years back (right before Stepdaughter's Senior Year). We were very unhappy about the move. Anyway.... if we moved to Holly Springs, we would be like 10 minutes away. How ironic for her to move 600 miles away from her ex-husband, only to have his company build a facility so close and have us move there. :rotfl2:

You would be very close. The building was big news here a couple months ago. Holly Springs is still pretty small so that was big news for them to get a company like that.

If you move this way we will definetly have to meet up. I've only ventured to Holly Springs a couple times but I know one of the guys that works with me lives out that way.

I have to agree that is great! Your husband must be laughing his *** off!!!! :lmao: See???? Evil works in mysterious ways!!!!! :stir:

Maria

I just had the MOST fun reading this thread. It so beats working on all the paper scattered around my desk right now! :rotfl2:

I am Cherie and I am addicted to this board. Admission is the first step, you know. I started on the DIS by haunting the cruise board before our first Disney Cruise. I found these boards about a year ago and got hooked. I have 2 kids, 12 and 7 and have been with DH for 19 years (married for 16 1/2). I changed jobs this year and am now the happy Controller for an architectural and real estate development firm DH and another gentleman started about 2 years ago.

Welcome to our little corner. :wave:

OH, and I know who bailed on the swap sign ups, too. It really was all her DH's fault! Since we are planning on spending New Years together (at least I assume we are) we will make sure our sign ups are timely!

Wow, see what happens when I try to get my house in order for a few days. I miss all the fun! No more house cleaning for me! :lmao:

Hi Lisa, welcome! :wave: I'm Candy. I'm 29 and a SAHM to my 2 girls Brooklynn and Molly. Brooklynn's almost 4 and Molly is 14 months. I've been Married to my wonderful Dh for almost 6 years now. I love scrapping, card making, watching TV (I think it's a prerequisite to like Grey's Anatomy here. :teeth: ) and of course going to WDW as much as possible!

You're not too far from me and actually I was born in Philadelphia, but now I live in Upstate NY. I think I'm going to crash the New Englanders crop party. Shhh, don't tell them. ;)

I think you'll really like the Raleigh area! I was born and raised near Raleigh, and though we moved to the Charlotte area two years ago, we are positive we will be "back home" in the next couple of years! Fuquay is our intended target.

I'm Mary Beth, and though I've been MIA on these boards for the past few weeks, I have checked in from time to time and I can assure you that these ladies rock! I'm also a SAHM to Jonah, who is nearly 9 months old and is just the yummiest baby I could have ever imagined. We just returned Saturday from WDW, Jonah's first trip of course. It was great for the first three days, but the food poisening that put me in the ER Friday night was not so great! But I'm much better now.

I'm a scrapbooker, and have recently begun sewing as well. I host our monthly Ladies Craft Night in our neighborhood. It's starting off slowly, but more and more people come each month. We have some knitters, cross-stitchers, and scrappers coming, and hopefully we'll have other hobbyists visit.

Welcome to the boards! I'm sure you'll love this one, what with all the fantastic folks. Take care!

PoohBearLovinMama said:
Wow, see what happens when I try to get my house in order for a few days. I miss all the fun! No more house cleaning for me! :lmao:

Hi Lisa, welcome! :wave: I'm Candy. I'm 29 and a SAHM to my 2 girls Brooklynn and Molly. Brooklynn's almost 4 and Molly is 14 months. I've been Married to my wonderful Dh for almost 6 years now. I love scrapping, card making, watching TV (I think it's a prerequisite to like Grey's Anatomy here. :teeth: ) and of course going to WDW as much as possible!

You're not too far from me and actually I was born in Philadelphia, but now I live in Upstate NY. I think I'm going to crash the New Englanders crop party. Shhh, don't tell them. ;)

You better show up!!! And bring the Wishblade too will ya?!

And I was trying to find the old re-con thread but I can't find it anywhere. Anybody else have any luck??

P.S. DH and I are looking into NC as well. He was born and raised in Ga and he loves it down there. Plus ever since I had DD I can't do cold anymore. :confused3

BernardandMissBianca said:
And I was trying to find the old re-con thread but I can't find it anywhere. Anybody else have any luck??

Just bumped it up...too funny :rotfl2:

saucymb said:
I think you'll really like the Raleigh area! I was born and raised near Raleigh, and though we moved to the Charlotte area two years ago, we are positive we will be "back home" in the next couple of years! Fuquay is our intended target.

I'm Mary Beth, and though I've been MIA on these boards for the past few weeks, I have checked in from time to time and I can assure you that these ladies rock! I'm also a SAHM to Jonah, who is nearly 9 months old and is just the yummiest baby I could have ever imagined. We just returned Saturday from WDW, Jonah's first trip of course. It was great for the first three days, but the food poisening that put me in the ER Friday night was not so great! But I'm much better now.

I'm a scrapbooker, and have recently begun sewing as well. I host our monthly Ladies Craft Night in our neighborhood. It's starting off slowly, but more and more people come each month. We have some knitters, cross-stitchers, and scrappers coming, and hopefully we'll have other hobbyists visit.

Welcome to the boards! I'm sure you'll love this one, what with all the fantastic folks. Take care!

Mary Beth, I am so sorry you were sick in the World. Our last trip, I was fighting and IBS flare-up and spent some time in a dark room between bathroom trips while the rest of the group was in the park. That is just no fun. I hope you are feeling better.

KAMommy said:
I just had the MOST fun reading this thread. It so beats working on all the paper scattered around my desk right now! :rotfl2:

I am Cherie and I am addicted to this board. Admission is the first step, you know. I started on the DIS by haunting the cruise board before our first Disney Cruise. I found these boards about a year ago and got hooked. I have 2 kids, 12 and 7 and have been with DH for 19 years (married for 16 1/2). I changed jobs this year and am now the happy Controller for an architectural and real estate development firm DH and another gentleman started about 2 years ago.

Welcome to our little corner. :wave:

OH, and I know who bailed on the swap sign ups, too. It really was all her DH's fault! Since we are planning on spending New Years together (at least I assume we are) we will make sure our sign ups are timely!

Hi Cherie! I definitely saw posts from you over on the scrapping board (as I slowly, but surely get to know all of your usernames *and* RL names). I started on Dis Boards about a year ago, too. Right before our trip in March. I really can't believe that I'm just finding these boards now!

loopner67 said:
Hi Cherie! I definitely saw posts from you over on the scrapping board (as I slowly, but surely get to know all of your usernames *and* RL names). I started on Dis Boards about a year ago, too. Right before our trip in March. I really can't believe that I'm just finding these boards now!

If you've ever hung out on the community boards, you might know DH, too. He is GoofyDad869. He used to laugh at me for loving the DIS, but now his post count surpasses mine by a LOT! :rotfl2:

PoohBearLovinMama said:

Hi Candy! :wave: Oh yes, Grey's is one of my fave shows. I can't wait to dish with you guys when new episodes start airing again. Funny - I was actually born in upstate NY (near Schenectady - I think Niscayuna hospital). LOL about you crashing the NE crop! You go girl.

saucymb said:

Hi Mary Beth! How cool - I'd live close to you if I moved down there. Yeah, we think we'd really like it there, too. We've never wanted to move to Myrtle Beach, just vacation there, so it will be nice to be close, but not that close.

So sorry to hear you were sick in WDW! That couldn't have been fun. (((((((hugs))))))

loopner67 said:
Hi Candy! :wave: Oh yes, Grey's is one of my fave shows. I can't wait to dish with you guys when new episodes start airing again. Funny - I was actually born in upstate NY (near Schenectady - I think Niscayuna hospital). LOL about you crashing the NE crop! You go girl.

Wow, that is so funny! I live about 15 minutes north of Schenectady. Small world.

I am impatiently waiting for the new Grey's to start airing. And Lost too! and about a hundred other show's. :blush: :blush:

PoohBearLovinMama said:

Ahhh the EVIL Maria has super sonic hearing powers!!!!! I heard that!!!! :listen:

We wouldn't mind a crasher!!!!! The more the merrier!!!!

PoohBearLovinMama said:
Wow, that is so funny! I live about 15 minutes north of Schenectady. Small world.

I am impatiently waiting for the new Grey's to start airing. And Lost too! and about a hundred other show's. :blush: :blush:

Wow that's really close. I only lived there until I was almost 2, so I don't remember it.

I'm a *huge* LOST fan, so we can dish about that show, too. I'm in total withdrawal for that show and very mad that they moved it to 10pm when it finally comes back on. I want to see repeats before it comes back to refresh my memory!

loopner67 said:
Wow that's really close. I only lived there until I was almost 2, so I don't remember it.

I'm a *huge* LOST fan, so we can dish about that show, too. I'm in total withdrawal for that show and very mad that they moved it to 10pm when it finally comes back on. I want to see repeats before it comes back to refresh my memory!

10pm? I didn't know that. My DS and I are big fans too. He will be happy about the new time, he usually doesn't get home from work till 920, and I spend comercials catching him up, so this will work out great for him.

I can't wait till all my shows are back again :happytv:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter