Indiana Jones set to be released soon

I saw it today and I was a bit surprised that the Paramount banner was shown briefly after the Disney banner and the intro credits mention "in association with Paramount Pictures". Not a big spoiler perhaps, but there's nothing specifically showing any kind of peak shape that fades in from the Paramount logo.

Early box office numbers $135M worldwide for the weekend, is very concerning for this movie to make money. Unless this movie develops incredible legs it is going to lose Disney 200+ Million dollars. Will likely go down as one of eve biggest box office bombs in history.

Due to a massive production budget and big marketing spend this move would need to make $800+M to break even……..which is just bonkers. They must get these budgets under control!

We saw it today and loved it. It’s very Indiana Jones, slightly ridiculous in the absolute best of ways. I really liked how they didn’t downplay Indy’s age.

The movies made a bad decision in the Crystal Skull movie. Rather than introduces Indy's kid, the role should have been Short Round. And having him in the most recent movie would have brought more people into the theaters.

Indy had a disastrous box office drop from July 4th to July 5th. It puts the nail in the coffin for any chance at profitability, and now the only question is will this movie be one of Disney's all time biggest bombs or just a really, really bad result...

Indy had a disastrous box office drop from July 4th to July 5th. It puts the nail in the coffin for any chance at profitability, and now the only question is will this movie be one of Disney's all time biggest bombs or just a really, really bad result...

The drop from a holiday to non-holiday is to be expected though. I mean, I agree with you that it likely won't be a hit, but you seize on every little thing, as if you still need to prove it to yourself. A drop from July 4 to 5 is not a big indicator of anything. The 5 day total though...yeah, that's too bad for sure.

The drop from a holiday to non-holiday is to be expected though. I mean, I agree with you that it likely won't be a hit, but you seize on every little thing, as if you still need to prove it to yourself. A drop from July 4 to 5 is not a big indicator of anything. The 5 day total though...yeah, that's too bad for sure.

Its drop was far higher than any other movie...at a time when it had a bad open and needed to show some legs. They won't be coming.

After MI7 and Oppenheimer open, it may be a true bloodbath, and the movie could be looking at only 1-1.3x budget WW ($300-$400M)...that would be an all-time bomb for Disney, rivaling Mars Needs Moms...

We saw it today and loved it. It’s very Indiana Jones, slightly ridiculous in the absolute best of ways. I really liked how they didn’t downplay Indy’s age.
Full agree! It felt like a return to form to the original trilogy. (Maybe because Indiana is best when he’s punching Nazis and not Soviets?)

Honestly, there was only one ridiculous thing I complained about, and my spouse pointed out it was in the original trilogy, so you know what, sure.

Its drop was far higher than any other movie...at a time when it had a bad open and needed to show some legs. They won't be coming.

After MI7 and Oppenheimer open, it may be a true bloodbath, and the movie could be looking at only 1-1.3x budget WW ($300-$400M)...that would be an all-time bomb for Disney, rivaling Mars Needs Moms...

You know what - I had you confused with someone else. Sorry for the overt response. I still don't agree, but you're not the one constantly trying to prove it.

Last edited:
We still haven't seen it yet! times just didn't work out this past weekend or on the 4th, but still want to see it soon, maybe this weekend. Rarely go to movies, but do still want to see this on the big screen.

We saw it last Saturday and it was a great movie. Loved Harrison Ford as well as Phoebe Waller-Bridge but it could have used the two other female characters better. Apparently Indy can only interact with one woman at a time, which is weird.

Would someone correct me if I'm wrong about the following?

In the trailer shown on TV, there seems to be a quick clip of Indy & his goddaughter behind a big, round boulder that starts to roll. (I inferred that they somehow started the rolling boulder seen in the first movie.) Yet this scene didn't appear in the movie itself.

Did I simply imagine it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter