Indiana Jones refurb (update 11/14-11/16)

When I went in August and September, the boulder wasn't working; neither was the snake.

I'm trying to remember if we rode it in January, but I don't think so because the lines were long?

Refurb timing alway stinks, but form what I understand it has needed it.

June 30th is the release of the next Indy movie. Wonder if they will setup and/or include some elements from that film in the ride? They could do something really cool with the useless rats-on-a-log area that never works. There is a long pause before the scene for the mist to reform so the projection shows. Some type of show element at that point would be really cool.

It definitely needs it. I was there last November and the boulder wasn't working!

Of course, I am still bummed as it won't be open on our annual Thanksgiving trip. But if they can start getting these rides in tip top Disney shape without the constant breakdowns I'll be very very happy.

Damn. Not that there's ever a slow day at Disney but losing a headliner in the holiday crowds is going to hurt.

June 30th is the release of the next Indy movie. Wonder if they will setup and/or include some elements from that film in the ride? They could do something really cool with the useless rats-on-a-log area that never works. There is a long pause before the scene for the mist to reform so the projection shows. Some type of show element at that point would be really cool.
I suspect that at least they want it refurbed by then. Otherwise they wouldn't have closed it during holiday season.... or maybe I'm just being hopeful hahah.

Darn it! We arrive on the 13th .. what are the chances we will be able to ride? I'm guessing it will be swamped all day!

Does the boulder really not work? I know the snake wasn't working when I was there in April but the boulder....not the boulder.
Yes, it just sits there rolling in one spot! I had a friend join me on my trip two weeks ago. She hadn't been for years and only had a day and a half and Indy was BIG on her list. She was soooo disappointed with the boulder at the end 😥

Indy needs refurbishment. We went in September and got stuck with the lights on for about 15 minutes. It seemed like the ride was down more often than it was operating.

Attachments

• PXL_20220915_031437348.jpg
    PXL_20220915_031437348.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20220915_025947264.jpg
    PXL_20220915_025947264.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 16
It’s only on the calendar for refurb Nov 14, 15, and 16. Gone on Nov 17. (I am checking every day to see if Monsters Inc has an end date. We go in early December and it’s one if my favorites.)

It’s only on the calendar for refurb Nov 14, 15, and 16. Gone on Nov 17. (I am checking every day to see if Monsters Inc has an end date. We go in early December and it’s one if my favorites.)
Thanks! That's good news!

I thought they usually give a longer warning ahead of time than this. Must have really needed it to be done

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter