In search of my body...not the one I ate!

Can I join too? My goal is to lose five pounds a month-that's 70 pounds in a year. I am going to start slowly, this week I will drink lots of water (not coke), exercise 20 minutes five days (wow, when did walking get so hard?) and get more sleep (more for general health than for weight loss!)
Thanks Dawn-maybe we can all do this :banana: :banana: next December!

Hi...please join and I tell ya what....We will have a bikini Dis meet in December! Okay...so does a toga count as a one piece???:lmao:

My best bud Vern:worship: told me about Fit Day on the computer and I am addicted to it!!! It is FREE!!! It tallys your totals and the best is you can put in exactly the food you ate and it's exact nutritional components and not be close or sorta close!! I mean calorie for calorie exact plus it breaks down how many vitamins vs. the RDA you had and what % of your food comes from fat...protein...and carbs. LOVE ITTTT!!!!

Please PM me if you want me to walk you through it...Vern was a doll and helped me and if we just taught the next one who wants to work the program like a big "chain of confidence" (sorry Tupperware program w/ Brooke Shields) than we would be more connected...more encouraging and better to ourselves. In fact I want to have this thread to be a Fit Day thread Friendly....to help each other if anyone wants that help.

I would like to start this Thursday by the way with our weight tallys....I know I am already doing this on Biggest Loser...but I want to have this bragging board & boohooing thread available too!!! We can all use as much encouragement and praise as we can get.

So here is the deal...

Please send me your weight by Thursday night 10 p.m. for this week and we will list out totals as a whole plus if you want to share your personal weight with the thread...please let me know and we can cheer you on more publically!!! If you want it private...that's okay too. The results will be posted on Friday!

Please know I want suggestions on how to make this the best thread ever with family, fun and food talk because this is all the components of our lives that make up our choices to be healthy or not!!!:love:

P.S. Fit Day gives you credit for excersize and know what???? SEX IS EXCERSIZE!!! :thumbsup2 It actually lists the kind of sex you could be having and then the caloric burn for the amount of time spent.

For example: passionate Kissing and Petting is not worth as much as Dead Fish, can I get a hiccup, burp, fart, something to show you are alive... full intercourse.:confused3

But "Monfrer...Oh Baby Rip my clothes off and call me Betty Boop"...that is worth lots more....if it lasts more than a Doritos commercial.:rolleyes1

Sad to say...swimming is still higher per stroke in calories than the above mentioned.
What.....what are you laughing at??? What's so funny???:rotfl2:

Hey I am here to serve my people and I am a contributor to your well being just like Dr. Ruth!!! Or was it Dr. Phil???????

I look forward to hearing from you all this Thursday!!

EAT WELL!!!

Midgets! Snack Cups! :confused3

Okay so now I get it!!! If you have the smidgets....which you can get at a party or as a host...they have so many purposes.

They are tiny little round contaners about an inch around and 1/2 inch high.

They can hold a cottonball of your favorite perfume so you can throw it in your purse...they hold an entire walmart baggie for those with kids and need a place for wet clothes or diapers at a split second...they are for pills and for loose teeth....hopefully again for kids..not yours!!!:rotfl:

Thanks for joining my sistah form another mother flag!!:love:

party: :bday: So Miss. Mindy are you feeling very Happy today????

I will toast to your new year of change by wishing you an awesome B-day and know that I believe you will make this the year you loved yourself more than ever and knew you were valued for your humour and friendly banter!!:thumbsup2

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

:cheer2:

Hey Dawn - you are a riot!!

I would like to join as well...I need a heaping of motivation. I need to lose about 40 lbs...I started my eating healthy today - Weight Watcher point counting style and I am hitting the gym after work. I plan to start the counch to 5K running plan. I know cardio is the one thing that melts me the quickest.....!

Happy Wednesday all!

Nope, mine are the midgets. They kind of look like shot glasses, and are great for packing salad dressings in my lunch, trail mix measuring (so I dont eat the whole bag, and 1 oz of any other thing you might need. I found them!
41dXxL4EuFL._AA280_.jpg

The snack cups are about a ½c in size, with the same colour lid as the midgets. Classic clear??? Doesn't matter. They hold leftovers, trail mix (when I'm really hungry), yogourt etc. Actually I found these
217GNNSZJ1L._AA180_.jpg

Mine have the same 'red' lid as the midgets and they each cost $15 the set of 4 + shipping and handling + taxes . . . . and more taxes.

I have one more Christmas to get through today, and then I can concentrate on what needs to be done....cleaning house, cleansing body, whatever. Have a great day!

party: :bday: So Miss. Mindy are you feeling very Happy today????

I will toast to your new year of change by wishing you an awesome B-day and know that I believe you will make this the year you loved yourself more than ever and knew you were valued for your humour and friendly banter!!:thumbsup2

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

:cheer2:

Awwww, gee, thanks!

I just got a phone call from a couple of friends who sang me "Happy Birthday", very offkey...it was wonderful! So, I'm happy. Anyone who has friends like that is very lucky. Just like having all you guys on these boards...I'm feeling very lucky to have you all.

Okay, enough mush. Continue with your previously-scheduled Tupperware conversation.

Nope, mine are the midgets. They kind of look like shot glasses, and are great for packing salad dressings in my lunch, trail mix measuring (so I dont eat the whole bag, and 1 oz of any other thing you might need. I found them!
41dXxL4EuFL._AA280_.jpg

The snack cups are about a ½c in size, with the same colour lid as the midgets. Classic clear??? Doesn't matter. They hold leftovers, trail mix (when I'm really hungry), yogourt etc. Actually I found these
217GNNSZJ1L._AA180_.jpg

Mine have the same 'red' lid as the midgets and they each cost $15 the set of 4 + shipping and handling + taxes . . . . and more taxes.

I have one more Christmas to get through today, and then I can concentrate on what needs to be done....leaning house, cleansing body, whatever. Have a great day!

Hey woman...Merry Christams....Do you feel it is Groundhogs Day Yet!!!:laughing:

I knew what ones you meant from your awesome description but now...you need to teach me how to copy and post pics so you just got a year long job because I am horrid at new techy stuff. I love how you just slammed Tupperware on the screen like an IT guru from Microsoft!:worship:

The smidgets came up cause I thought it would be fun to start having incentives/freebies for people who hit goal increments from me.

Even small ones would be nice to get in the mail.

Can we do that???

Would you guys want an incentive chart from me...????

Kinda like a potty chart when you were a kid but without the cheerios to aim for!!!:rotfl2:

Give me some feedback please and we can go from there.

I have rooms shilacked with Tupp so if your thinking that I can pull a BMW out of my hinner...think a little smaller like oh I don't know...Measuring Spoons, Spatulas...Aunt Margie's old, Avacado Green accordian sealed 12 cup bowl that matched her kitchen in 1954 with her ever popular decorating extravaganza known to all as : GIANT WOOD FORK AND SPOON.:rotfl:

Hey Dawn - you are a riot!!

I would like to join as well...I need a heaping of motivation. I need to lose about 40 lbs...I started my eating healthy today - Weight Watcher point counting style and I am hitting the gym after work. I plan to start the counch to 5K running plan. I know cardio is the one thing that melts me the quickest.....!

Happy Wednesday all!

Hi....Thanks for coming over here as we rally to support each other! I saw your location as the Keys??? Could that be right??? Is it possible that someone lives where I daydream of each day??
The other question then is this...I though if I moved to Florida the weight would melt off and poof I would look like a Princess....are you destroying my dreams here???
:rotfl2:

Please post often!

Siesta Key actually - on the Gulf in the Sarasota area.....!!! It's cold here today - was 44 this am!!!!

Siesta Key actually - on the Gulf in the Sarasota area.....!!! It's cold here today - was 44 this am!!!!

I'll see that 44º and raise you (or is that lower) -10ºC (12
F).
I thought if I moved to Florida the weight would melt off and poof I would look like a Princess.
Me, too. Why do you think my signature has all of these August dates? :rotfl:

Okay...off to get my map of Florida....wanna talk cold???

It is 2 degrees here...20 below w/ windchield and I have to go now because my dog just tried to pee on the fence and is now stuck. Great...there goes the breeding option!:rotfl2: :dogdance:

(Peta people...Back away from the heartattack...I am just kidding here)

DARN, I forgot that my siggie doesn't show up.....so here it is!

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07

Hi! Joining in!

I'm in (freezing cold today) NJ, working on losing 58 lbs in 2008! I've lost 24 already, since Oct. - on WW, which I love - and I am heading to WDW this Friday night. I'm thrilled and terrified - I have never NOT eaten my way through the World. But my BFF and travel companion assures me four days at Disney is not going to put back the weight it took me a minimum of four years to put on.

Heh. We'll see. So. Tupperware?

Gonna be -3F tonight, and a balmy high of 14 tomorrow. So excited...maybe I'll extend my "sickout" another few days.

Hi! Joining in!

I'm in (freezing cold today) NJ, working on losing 58 lbs in 2008! I've lost 24 already, since Oct. - on WW, which I love - and I am heading to WDW this Friday night. I'm thrilled and terrified - I have never NOT eaten my way through the World. But my BFF and travel companion assures me four days at Disney is not going to put back the weight it took me a minimum of four years to put on.

Heh. We'll see. So. Tupperware?

Go and have a good time and now I am so jealous of your venture! I am going in July for buis...probably a few days for fun...but Dec with the kids!

Enjoy what you choose to eat but decide if the taste is worth the excersize to deplete it. For example...would walk to Arkansas if it meant a bowl of Beer Cheese soup from Canada but not to my neighbors for a :mickeybar . Would I eat it if you gave t to me...yes...but worth the excersize to expend it...no. To me....now I heard ::MinnieMo is another story!!!

PM me any Tupp questions you got baby!

oooooh, pick me to join!!! Please?

Dawn, I am like you. I'm at about 250 pounds, and would like to be down to 150 in a year! I figure that's only a little over 8 pounds per month...I can do that!

Seriously, I can. But I always get so wrapped up in life that I get lazy, and I find other things that are more important at the time. ::Sigh:: However...

I sat down last night and thought...what is the one thing that is preventing me from being the happiest and best person I can be? It is, without a doubt, all of this extra weight. It is stopping me from enjoying days at the beach, outdoor activities, and shopping! I hate it!

I'll let you in on another little secret. I graduated from college last December (2006). For about the past year, my boyfriend and I have been talking about getting engaged. This is a wonderful guy who has been with me pretty much through a weight gain of about 100 pounds over the past 3 years. College was stressful for me for many reasons. However, I am out now, I have a good job, and I am ready to start taking care of myself. On a whim, I told my boyfriend that he was not allowed to propose to me until I lose 50 pounds (which puts me right at 200). Well, he is holding me to it! I don't want to look back on a time when I should be very happy with life, and think that I really wasn't...because I couldn't get this whole weight thing under control.

Soo...sorry for the novel! :goodvibes As you see, I have a couple of reasons to lose weight. But the number 1 reasons is that I do not feel like I am the best that I can be (what, is this the army or something?). And I feel like I owe it to myself to work to lose the weight.

If you're still reading...thanks. I'm sure many of you realize how frustrating this can be. Since it's almost 2, I'm off to sleep...so I wake up with energy for exercise tomorrow! :worship: (that was supposed to be a push-up).

Bye! :hug:

oooooh, pick me to join!!! Please?

Dawn, I am like you. I'm at about 250 pounds, and would like to be down to 150 in a year! I figure that's only a little over 8 pounds per month...I can do that!

Seriously, I can. But I always get so wrapped up in life that I get lazy, and I find other things that are more important at the time. ::Sigh:: However...

I sat down last night and thought...what is the one thing that is preventing me from being the happiest and best person I can be? It is, without a doubt, all of this extra weight. It is stopping me from enjoying days at the beach, outdoor activities, and shopping! I hate it!

I'll let you in on another little secret. I graduated from college last December (2006). For about the past year, my boyfriend and I have been talking about getting engaged. This is a wonderful guy who has been with me pretty much through a weight gain of about 100 pounds over the past 3 years. College was stressful for me for many reasons. However, I am out now, I have a good job, and I am ready to start taking care of myself. On a whim, I told my boyfriend that he was not allowed to propose to me until I lose 50 pounds (which puts me right at 200). Well, he is holding me to it! I don't want to look back on a time when I should be very happy with life, and think that I really wasn't...because I couldn't get this whole weight thing under control.

Soo...sorry for the novel! :goodvibes As you see, I have a couple of reasons to lose weight. But the number 1 reasons is that I do not feel like I am the best that I can be (what, is this the army or something?). And I feel like I owe it to myself to work to lose the weight.

If you're still reading...thanks. I'm sure many of you realize how frustrating this can be. Since it's almost 2, I'm off to sleep...so I wake up with energy for exercise tomorrow! :worship: (that was supposed to be a push-up).

Bye! :hug:

:banana: Someone sounds really at the right place to love herself!!!

I am so excited for you. You deserve to live a life of a human not a sloth. (That's what I keep tellig myself)
I know how it feels to watch my life and not join it. I have 3 beautiful kids and I want to be an active part of their life.

I will post a seperate entry right now and would like to ask a question to help everyone be more sympathetic to each other...a little more introspective to ourselves and a way to gain true understanding about all the components that are affected by our weight not being helathy.

Please feel that you belong here becuase you do.:cloud9:

So as I began this thread I wasn't sure of what to expect so I will lug along feeling this out and tweaking as I go. Not unlike losing weight.

I would like to open up more to each of you and hope you feel accepted enough to do the same. I want this to be a place of overwhelming acceptance and support and like I said...a place where when the daily toils that normally would have you turn to food come up...you know you have another choice. Choose us.:lovestruc

Here is my bio and the components I feel are important for you to know me and why I need this board and all of you and what are some personal struggles I have dealt with and some reasons that led me to choose to turn to food.

My name is Dawn and I am 36 years old. I am a Tuperware Director and love my job. I only work 20 hours or so a week and am so glad I can be a good on top of their business...don't think you will get away with this...mom to my kids.

I got married in college to a college football star who was the love of all the girls on campus. We had found out I was pregnant when I was 6 months along :scared1: and because it was a private school...if we were not married we could not live together in the married housing.

I know he would not have married me without my pregnancy. We have discussed many painful things recently and the truth is I knew that. I looked at this baby as expediting the future I wanted with him and ...he looked at it as a steel trap around his leg.

I was so sure that I could be somebody or act a certain way to make him love me. In high school I was very thin...at my top was 112 pounds. After my first son was born got down to 100 because I just heard him pointing out to me overweight people who had no self discipline according to him. At one point he called his H.S. girlfriend "Thunder Thighs" and she was more muscular than I but not more than 140 ish???

I got down to about 95-100 pounds and he still gave me no more attention and we fought always. I look back at those pictures and I see a person who looks 12 holding her son. Yes I was only 19/20, but I was emaciated.

We had our daughter 2 years later in our senior year....I thought we were trying because we wanted kids close together...(he was there ya know) and he was shocked again I was pregnant. I turned to food for the comfort and support he did not give me...and I have never been under 145 since then.

For him that was heavy. He never was blatant in pointing out my weight directly (unless it was a name calling immature fight) but how long can you see a person making fun of other peoples weight without it directly affecting your self esteem??

We graduated fom college on time and together (one of my proudest moments) and moved back to Minnesota where I was from. Had my youngsest son a year later and again he acted like I got pregnant through an immaculate conception. Hos exact words were: "There is no way you are pregnant."

Not a good feeling. By the time my son was born...I was at 210 and feeling like a blimp.

We bought a house...I lost quite a bit...down to 160-170 or so and then have been going up ever since to my largest at 255. I tell ya what...this is hard to write because it is very raw.

I love my children and their father is a pretty good, active Dad. Once they were here there was no stopping his love for them. He attends every game...coaches them...attends concerts..laughs...plays games...etc. but I know that our fighting and not showing love to one another affected them. They were the reason I said no more. I was preaching love but my actions were showing that respect and compassion and understanding were negotiable items in a marriage. I had to start loving myself.

Since then I am going through a divorce that was truly my choice. I say that because after 2 years of counseling...in Decemeber 1996...I said I need to give up prentending I control if he loves me or not. Isn't it funny that people who feel so out of control are really control freaks??? I had to face the possibility that he did not want me and I could survive without his love. Truth is I had been surviving without it for the 17 years we had been together.

Okay enough depressing gunk...it just is my personal history that I know has affected my weight.

My kids are so fun. Treyner is my oldest son and he is 17. Has more athletic talent than most and is looking forward to a full ride for soccer or football. He is older than his years and he is one of my biggest supporters. I love when he calls me Mama and cry when he turns away after saying he loves me or hugs me and says I am short. He has never acted embarrased about my weight ( although I am sure he has been) and he will be going to college in 1 1/2 years and I am dreading it for myself but so excited and proud for him. I want to visit him on campus and cheer him on and not be winded walking around the grounds. (Which did happen a few weeks ago...so embarrassing him waiting for me. I could see him slowing his gate and knew it wasn't becase he was tired.)

Carsyn is my daughter and she is 14. Her first serious beau is in her life and she has become a nice person! :laughing: She is in soccer and loves it. She is a dedicated student...not the best grades but dedictaed...and she is really funny. She is muscular and struggles a little with her weight. She gains it right in the belly only and I think now is realising her choices affect her more than she knows. She is the one I talk to about my weight and knows exactly what I weigh and is very supportive. She shares her friends lives with me and I love her allowing me to be an interactive part of her becoming a woman.

Baylor is my youngest son and his goal is to be on comedy central. He laughs at too old for him jokes all the time and I have to try and not laugh at him when he is innapropriatley funny. Not vulgar but for a soon to be 12 year old...probably not age appropriate. He idolizes his brother and loves his sister when the moment is right. She tries to mother him a bit too much. He is in hockey and football and soccer and is definatley babied more than he should be. Working on that..... He is the one struggling the most in this changing life...his older siblings have their own high school lives...parents divorcing and I think he feels so much is changing...which it is.

So that is my family and I hope they become a part of your life this year as much as I hope yours becomes a part of mine.

Please write as much as you feel will help us help you become better to yourself and I thank you for taking the time to hear my thoughts on my life and and what has lead me to my choices in food.

I'll submit pics a little later. Need help from Carsyn who is home sick right now and sleeping.:sick:
l

:banana: Hi again,
Just a reminder to please p.m. or post a reply to your starting weight so we can all get motivated!!!

Dizneydawn - you just layed it all out there.

Anyway, thanks for sharing all that. Sounds like your taking back your life on your terms. Which is the whole point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter