In search of my body...not the one I ate!

Ok so here it goes...

I will not admit to being overweight:rotfl2:

Will you admit to being pleasantly plump...rightfully round...justa bit jiggly...maybe moolike...slightly santa...very voluptious???

Can a man be voluptious??:crowded:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :laughing:

Thanks for joining! The more fat fighters the better!!!:grouphug:

Will you admit to being pleasantly plump...rightfully round...justa bit jiggly...maybe moolike...slightly santa...very voluptious???

Can a man be voluptious??:crowded:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :laughing:

Thanks for joining! The more fat fighters the better!!!:grouphug:

beautifully bountiful, generously gorgeous, pleasantly plump ? ......maybe but moonlike :eek:

Yes I think men can be voluptious. puckerup: :banana: puckerup: The problem is that when men are voluptious people get hurt ! :crowded:

Thanks for the welcome I know I will feel at home here :cloud9:

"In search of my body...not the one I ate!" TOOOO Funny! I laughed out loud.

Now, I don't frequent the WISH board. But being that it's New Years Eve Eve, I figured someone would be starting something and I wanted in.

I'm happy not too many have responded. I hate those threads where 42 cackling women join in and I can't follow what is going on, just because I actually still try to shower once per day.

I am 30. I lost 70 lbs in 2002. (1000 calories per day, plus all the fruit I could stomach, and excercise, mostly treadmill and daydreaming about excercise.) But alas, 5 years later and 50 lbs back and I'm 3 inches past, what should have been the cut off for shopping in the plus department. But, I'm stuborn, and ashamed. I so HATE shopping in the plus section. (PS - Fashion Bug has a pretty good selection. Not everything has kittens playing with yarn, because as we all know that's what fat girls like to wear. Kittens! and Yarn!)

My husband has just declared his war on the 30 lbs he's gained back too, and I know he'll lose it, so I need to get serious.

Today's the day, because if I exercise tomorrow, I'll be ahead of the ball game, and I'm OCD like that.

I know the calorie restriction works, BUT, how oh how I ever did it before is the million dollar question. I am hoping that mind set takes over my life again.

I won't be posting a weight ticker because I still like to pretend the person I am is not me. "Oh hi there, friend from high school I haven't seen in 12 years. No, I haven't been fat this whole time, it just started a month ago."

OK, enough personal information. I will be eating good calories, exercising and checking in, looking for fun to make this somewhat easier.

TTNF

EDIT- grumpyyoungguy - congrats on your weight loss! That is great in such a short time. That's inspiring!

See...I feel no pain for ya after you dropped the curse words regarding your nice weather. I am in 15 degree...what does the sun look like mamma...why is there 2 feet of snow freakin everywhere...winter.
I never meant to curse! My poor deprived kids have never seen 2 inches of snow, much less 2 feet! We'd love to see a little of the white stuff! It is supposed to be 23 tomorrow- we won't get snow, if anything, it will be ice. I walked about a mile at 6 flags, and passed right on by the funnel cakes! go me!

beautifully bountiful, generously gorgeous, pleasantly plump ? ......maybe but moonlike :eek:

Yes I think men can be voluptious. puckerup: :banana: puckerup: The problem is that when men are voluptious people get hurt ! :crowded:

Thanks for the welcome I know I will feel at home here :cloud9:
Did you really lose 75 lbs in 2 months??????? I want your secrets!!!!!!

I didn't want to be one of those readers-no-replyer-ers, so here I am!

I love your thread & you have the right attitude to reach your goals :thumbsup2

...and I'm never going to get back into the closet full of size 2 clothes that I'm saving either!

You could always try my secret method of TELLING A LIE (oops it wasnt intentional I assure you):sad2: I have corrected it. Thanks for keeping me honest the person I ate was trying to take control. :confused:

On a positive note I found out from my therapist today that my invisible friend believes I am crazy. :upsidedow ( I believe I am near a break through) LOL.:lmao:

You could always try my secret method of TELLING A LIE (oops it wasnt intentional I assure you):sad2: I have corrected it. Thanks for keeping me honest the person I ate was trying to take control. :confused:

On a positive note I found out from my therapist today that my invisible friend believes I am crazy. :upsidedow ( I believe I am near a break through) LOL.:lmao:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :thumbsup2
I like your weight loss method!
Oh, and introduce me to your invisible friend, willya? I ate mine.

Hi...Grumpy Young Guy is actually someone I know personally and I will let him know his mistake...it was since 2006 not 2007. You also are so smart :worship: to catch that because I know him and didn't and he claims to be a numbers guy :teacher: and he didn't either...so... Thank You for a little food for grief!

I mean if you told me to stand on my head and spin like a top in the midle of Perkins wearing pleather zippered pants and I thought it would work to lose 75 pounds...Leather Tuscadaro here I come! (Remember Happy Days when it started to stink and they brought in every flea dipped cousin they could think of to bolster their ratings!)

I didn't want to be one of those readers-no-replyer-ers, so here I am!

I love your thread & you have the right attitude to reach your goals :thumbsup2

...and I'm never going to get back into the closet full of size 2 clothes that I'm saving either!

Oh great...so you are saying I should give up the whole dream of size 2???!!!:rotfl2: Thanks for the pep talk Dr. Phil!!:rotfl:

It will be a nice day to have just one closet of clothes and know they fit...be it size 8 or 10 or 12. I have no idea what shape my body will end up after this...I know that I will have a tummy tuck and a breast enhancement...but the rest will come from hard work and dedictation to me. I have never been dedicated to me before.

By the way..get ready for the "2009 and Looking Fine" fundraiser!! AKA "Dawn's breast lift fund" Start saving your spare change...steal from the "give a penny" dish...turn in the pop cans...do you really need to buy your kids a birthday gift this year??? :bday:

Visualize your ice cream bucket on the kitchen counter!!! :3dglasses

Friends...family coming by and asking is this for Disney??? :smickey:
No you can say...for a very sad set of sistas :hyper2: who are looking down latley with no way up without an intervention.

That will be all true and they too will donate to a worthy cause. I am willing to have gifts when you donate at certain levels. Like they do on PBS.

$50 gives you a :mickeybar $100 is a Disney movie and popcorn::

and for you wealthy contributors...buy a breast and get ummmmm :idea:
:love1: from the girls...fully clothed of course!!! ( okay even I am appaled at that one but sue me because I am limmited to the little shapes and designs here and I thought that a chocolate :banana: would seem non appreciative!

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :thumbsup2
I like your weight loss method!
Oh, and introduce me to your invisible friend, willya? I ate mine.

You 2 are 2 fast!!! I am using smoke signals here so it may take a while for you all to get updates!!:rotfl:

Ursula... people are friends...not food!!!:rotfl2: :lmao:

I am 30. I lost 70 lbs in 2002. (1000 calories per day, plus all the fruit I could stomach, and excercise, mostly treadmill and daydreaming about excercise.) But alas, 5 years later and 50 lbs back and I'm 3 inches past, what should have been the cut off for shopping in the plus department. But, I'm stuborn, and ashamed. I so HATE shopping in the plus section. (PS - Fashion Bug has a pretty good selection. Not everything has kittens playing with yarn, because as we all know that's what fat girls like to wear. Kittens! and Yarn!)

Hi Delight...thank you for such a nice post and I am glad I can help ya giggle.

SERIOUS TOPIC BELOW SO DON"T BE MAD AT THE NO LAUGH MOMENT!!!
How did you do it with so low calories??? I actually just listened to a nutritionist that is on locally and she was saying again that 1-2 pounds a week is max for keeping it off and that if you are eating under 2200 calories a day that muscle is affected more than fat and though you will loose quickly you will also be more likely to go back up too.

This totally blows my plan of 1500 and I am wondering if anyone else has watched calories and what their research shows?

I also heard that the biggest success is with foods with ingredients you can pronounce... (no pre-packaged, processed mac- n- cheese n such) plus whole milk because it is all natural and no fillers.

For the first time I actually understand the benefit of organic and Kosher foods also. No bi-products...no fillers for their livestock...eggs not hormonely affected by what chickens are fed etc.

I have 2 very good friends who are in shape and healthy people who do not obsess over food and or excersize. They started listening to this philosophy and both have lost weight but most importantly maintained. They eat every 2 to 2 1/2 hours and eat beautiful butter and whole milk and lots of great choices with lots of flavor. They said they eat less now...are not hungry...eat mostly protein, veggies and fruit but love the good fats they eat. Nuts, olive oil, the whole egg, butter...etc.

How many times do I eat a bowl of Mac-n-crap and am starving 1 hour later or skip breakfast or wince at the disgustingly gross low fat...low taste diet food.

I was worried about money but they pointed out that in reality...the diet pre-packaged food and the $ spent at restaurants is more than the difference in Healthy food brands. I mean how or why is it I don't question a $50 food tab at Country Kitchen but would balk at a $50 grocery bill for 3 days of food??

I am on a mission and it will be interesting to see where it takes me and where I can go!!!:love:

Hi again...
I started off wanting to say that I had a good afternoon...went to dinner with kids...went to grocerystore and bough healthy, organic food choices...then got a call and want to cry...in fact did very hard and am now headed for a 40 minute round trip excursion to drop off Tupperware.

Yes Tupperware. I am a Director and in 6 years have loved 98% of my career. Tonight though is a night like I am sure many of you can relate to in your professions where I want to hide...never come out...maybe even quit.

I won't quit. Pay is great...I make $200 on the average working a 2 hour party and I only work 20 hours a week. I have free trips and cars and a company that I love.

Who I don't like so much right now is a hostess from hell who is so horibble that I want to hit her and I mean hard. Square in the face and I have never been like that.

Long story shortened: Tupperware had a multi million dollar wharehouse fire in December and everyones Tupp was delayed being delivered. I have and the company has never experienced anything like this and they were ordering replacements from around the globe trying to fullfill orders.

This person thinks I had some control over this...is mad at me for not driving the product to her house and leaving it when it came Christmas Eve and she did not return my phone calls to her for 6 days. I did not leave it because I did not want the product stolen if she was gone for an extended Holiday trip. She also states she is not having her party in January she promised but is going to call all the radio stations..tv stations in the area if I don't give her the extra goodies she was promised for having a party in January from me personally. :confused3

This is extortion but I am so hot and I know that if I don't deliver this to her I will eat myself to oblivion with worry about her threats and is that really worth the $100 in retail I have to shell out???

No...

I am driving back there now ...dropped the party stuff off earlier this afternoon...and will be done. She can think she wins but the truth is I know I did nothing wrong...liars are liars and this business I have made a success out of by being the best Tupperware Lady people know. I am funny...spoil everyone and maybe this is a test from God to see if i can handle the pressure and still make good food choices when up against a wall.

All I know is I needed to vent...looking for some encouragement...and if anyone wants a whole lot of free Tupperware in January by having a book party for me...I just had a date open up!!!:rotfl:

Okay sorry but I have to get out of this slump...this is so not me and it is not Tupperware either...just some random Queen of Hearts who is trying to spoil my magic with a company I belong with.

Wanna help me shove her down the rabbit hole??? Oops...did I type that in my out loud font???

Update...
My awesome upline...(do you have a boss who will return your tearful message at 9:30 on New Years??:love: ) just called ...said I was an idiot for caving:) ...with love mind you...and reminded me that corporate Tupperware would be on her like fly on s*i* if she tried anything and why don't I believe in myself??? The company does. So if I wouldn't of left her a voicemail saying I would give her the product...I would not of had to but once again I reacted instead of taking a day to contemplate.

So here is my 2 New Years Resolutions...
#1 lose 100 pounds
#2 Slow down and not be a chicen little and start kicking butt not taking it up the...!:upsidedow

The Hostess from Hedoublehockeysticks, great way to end the year. :hug:

I run around like a chicken with my head cut off too. I overanalize every little detail. (That's how I found the DIS.) But this I won't change, it is me.

On a side note and WAAAAAY off topic. When we were growing up, my mom went to many Tupperware parties. She bought the orange hot dog keeper and every holiday she would make easy peasy peanut butter fudge and pour it into the hot dog keeper to mold. When turned out, beautiful little diamond shaped fudge. I don't know if she learned this at a party, but of course it's good and pretty so everyone ohh's and ahh's. Fast forward to her 3 daughters now having houses of their own and needing to borrow that hot dog keeper every holiday because it was discontinued. Low and behold, this past spring they brought it back and we all ordered one and ordered them for our children too. I was super happy.

Regarding the 1000 calories, I probably did lose more muscle than fat, but as far as I'm concerned, who the heck cares. Get this extra weight off me NOW. It worked. I platued at 152, and probably would have needed to change my regimine, (meaning eat more and exercise harder) but I had come from 225, and 150 just felt great, so I wasn't too concerned.

The turning point came when we took a Disney Cruise (Jan 05) and I ate and ate and ate. And when I came home, I just didn't stop. So, I blame that. I didn't make healthy eating my lifestlye and that is what I did wrong.

I don't know if 1000 calories and fruit will work this time, but I am going to try it first. It could have been 1000 calories of snickers bars, but it was fruit after that. Of course, to eat more, I stuck with smart calories.

I didn't do so hot today. It all started out well, but as of now, I've had a sleeve of oreos. But I'm not gonna get psyched out, I'm gonna move on.

Slim fast in the morning.

The Hostess from Hedoublehockeysticks, great way to end the year. :hug:

I run around like a chicken with my head cut off too. I overanalize every little detail. (That's how I found the DIS.) But this I won't change, it is me.

On a side note and WAAAAAY off topic. When we were growing up, my mom went to many Tupperware parties. She bought the orange hot dog keeper and every holiday she would make easy peasy peanut butter fudge and pour it into the hot dog keeper to mold. When turned out, beautiful little diamond shaped fudge. I don't know if she learned this at a party, but of course it's good and pretty so everyone ohh's and ahh's. Fast forward to her 3 daughters now having houses of their own and needing to borrow that hot dog keeper every holiday because it was discontinued. Low and behold, this past spring they brought it back and we all ordered one and ordered them for our children too. I was super happy.

Regarding the 1000 calories, I probably did lose more muscle than fat, but as far as I'm concerned, who the heck cares. Get this extra weight off me NOW. It worked. I platued at 152, and probably would have needed to change my regimine, (meaning eat more and exercise harder) but I had come from 225, and 150 just felt great, so I wasn't too concerned.

The turning point came when we took a Disney Cruise (Jan 05) and I ate and ate and ate. And when I came home, I just didn't stop. So, I blame that. I didn't make healthy eating my lifestlye and that is what I did wrong.

I don't know if 1000 calories and fruit will work this time, but I am going to try it first. It could have been 1000 calories of snickers bars, but it was fruit after that. Of course, to eat more, I stuck with smart calories.

I didn't do so hot today. It all started out well, but as of now, I've had a sleeve of oreos. But I'm not gonna get psyched out, I'm gonna move on.

Slim fast in the morning.

Thanks for the Tupp info. It always amazes me how much Tupperware is rooted in childhood memories. That is one thing that I love so much about this job. Giving people smiles. I know that most of my hosts will get $1000 in stuff in January and that makes me a fairy kitchen Godmother!:wizard:

I know...corny but it is a big warm fuzzy to make anyones day!:love:

I will probably stick with the lower calories also...move up the excersize notch as I can and then allow myself more. I want to be better. Just ate my last pizza...feel sick actually...not an ounce of enjoyment and that is a first. :woohoo:

I will probably never be not high strung...:banana: I prefer the visual of a hamster on crack in a wheel...but I need to forgive myself more and not be the one to always feel bad. I need to take accountability for what I can change and put some crisco on my shoulder and flick the rest!

BTW...watching a show on a family at Disney ( John & Kate plus 8) on TLC...with ther sextuplets and 2 older ones...8 kids:scared1:

Dad looks like he wants to impale himself on the nearest :maleficen .

Bet she does not have much time for the boards:rotfl2:

She is also a size 8 and I want to have a body that good...then again I bet her dwarfs steal all her food:rotfl2::rolleyes1

Mom is gushin about Minnie ::MinnieMo and Dad has the Donald crabby shirt on! :donald:

I am laughin at their pain because noone could beat their TR!!! :worship:

3 double blue strollers at MK!!! I hope Mickey gave them fast passes for life!!!:laughing:

Sad life...New Years Eve and at home....but not alone:hug:

Hey! I watched John and Kate plus 8 at DisneyWorld, too! As they drove up, I said to DH..."oooooh! Wilderness Lodge. Someday we'll stay there together!" and then I had to inform him that Fort Wilderness is not Wilderness Lodge. (We've stayed at FW twice with the five kids in the cabins.)

Tupperware....I just forked out a boatload of money for the mini thingies and the half cup stack of four. Sorry, I don't remember their actual names. And, yep, it's because I wanted to recreate my youth. In fact, my intention was to give half to DD. But, DARN, I forgot!

Dawn, yes, I teach, and yep, I think that we did pm each other for a while. I just cleaned out my pm box a couple of weeks ago. THAT has been my goal for this holiday break....get all of my emails cleaned up. Not doing too badly, as I have done 5 or 6 out of 7.

We are having our big family Christmas here in 2 hours. I have the turkey in. I have thrown the last things that needed to be tidied in a box and hidden it and I need to
  1. put the cookies on the plates
  2. bring up the buns from the basement
  3. cut the cheese....cheddar, silly!
  4. tidy the front closet
  5. shovel the drive
  6. have a shower
  7. and wake up the teenage girls
That last one could be the straw.

Have a great new year's day! Stay strong!

.)

Tupperware....I just forked out a boatload of money for the mini thingies and the half cup stack of four. Sorry, I don't remember their actual names. And, yep, it's because I wanted to recreate my youth. In fact, my intention was to give half to DD. But, DARN, I forgot!

Have a great new year's day! Stay strong!

You have a blessed day as well!

BTW...it is driving me crazy to know what you bought in Tupperware. I am totally with you on speaking my own language and telling people to get me the plate when I mean a bowl...but I would love to know what your boatload was spent on and has it helped?? Was it a canoe or a yacht???:rotfl2:

Dawn-girlfriend, :worship: :hug: so feelin the love here. It was wonderful to talk to you earlier. Keep callin. I'll keep answerin. Unless I'm at work. Or in "my office" (thats where I go to read after drinking the 85,000 ounces of water I am supposed to drink each day!). You are a total riot, what a great sense of humor, not unlike my own. I think I may have found my DisWish, gonna be hot skinny moms with our navels pierced best bud!!! :goodvibes

I am no expert on anything, especially on weight loss, or else I would not be still 50lbs overweight. But I will promise to help you as much as I can to get US to our goals.

Oh the memories of Tupperware. My mother (rest her soul) had a bowl the size of New Jersey, I swear. I think it doubled as a wading pool. I am looking forward to getting the catalogs and checking out whats new (or old).

I hear ya on the "girls". I am all for a fund for fender and body work once we are at goal.:eek: My physician thinks I am nuts, but he just doesn't get it (not surprising he is a man and a man cannot understand WHY a woman would want to make her breasts smaller and more manageable :rolleyes: ) But quite frankly I just want a pair of perky sistahs who do not need industrial strength spandex to keep em under control.

I'd love to chat more, but alas there is work to be done. Tomorrow is back to work and school for us all, and I am trying to get organized before the alarm goes off at 5:30. Oh and yeah were are in for another 3-8 inches of the frozen evil known as snow. Can I just say that I am really tired of that four letter word? It will make tomorrows commute absolute murder. But here's hoping for the best (a snow day? Then DH can stay home with DD and I can get some rest at work!!)

C-ya L8R

Dawn-girlfriend, :worship: :hug: so feelin the love here. It was wonderful to talk to you earlier. Keep callin. I'll keep answerin. Unless I'm at work. Or in "my office" (thats where I go to read after drinking the 85,000 ounces of water I am supposed to drink each day!). You are a total riot, what a great sense of humor, not unlike my own. I think I may have found my DisWish, gonna be hot skinny moms with our navels pierced best bud!!! :goodvibes

I promise to need a lot of choice words to be heard when the Piercing Pagoda hits the tummy!!!

I am no expert on anything, especially on weight loss, or else I would not be still 50lbs overweight. But I will promise to help you as much as I can to get US to our goals.

Oh the memories of Tupperware. My mother (rest her soul) had a bowl the size of New Jersey, I swear. I think it doubled as a wading pool. I am looking forward to getting the catalogs and checking out whats new (or old).

They have a bowl now that is the biggest in the History of Tupperware. 42 cups!!! It is so big that if you put popcorn in there to eat...the next day God will give you three full cobs!!!popcorn::

I hear ya on the "girls". I am all for a fund for fender and body work once we are at goal.:eek: My physician thinks I am nuts, but he just doesn't get it (not surprising he is a man and a man cannot understand WHY a woman would want to make her breasts smaller and more manageable :rolleyes: ) But quite frankly I just want a pair of perky sistahs who do not need industrial strength spandex to keep em under control.

Plus...bottom line....the big sexy droopy scoopers are not so sexy...anytime you need 18 clasps and get tackled by airport security because the metal detector explodes...you may need a re-shape and uplift special....Can I have a number 3 please with a side of stomach tuck!!:thumbsup2

I'd love to chat more, but alas there is work to be done. Tomorrow is back to work and school for us all, and I am trying to get organized before the alarm goes off at 5:30. Oh and yeah were are in for another 3-8 inches of the frozen evil known as snow. Can I just say that I am really tired of that four letter word? It will make tomorrows commute absolute murder. But here's hoping for the best (a snow day? Then DH can stay home with DD and I can get some rest at work!!)

C-ya L8R

I am blessed you are a friend and not a man in plaid! ( For Those who Don't get the reference...see Biggest loser 4 thread for detail):hug:

Can I join too? My goal is to lose five pounds a month-that's 70 pounds in a year. I am going to start slowly, this week I will drink lots of water (not coke), exercise 20 minutes five days (wow, when did walking get so hard?) and get more sleep (more for general health than for weight loss!)
Thanks Dawn-maybe we can all do this :banana: :banana: next December!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter