In search of my body...not the one I ate!

Dizneydawn

One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna
DVC Gold
Hello Disney Food Junkies!!!popcorn::
I have had a year of self reflection and growth and the only thing that has not changed is my waist! (Okay so I did not technically measure my waist last year and have not bought a tape measure for this moment but if my clothes still fit..albeit very snug...then how much could I have changed?)

Yes...you snickering in the privacy of your home...you with the shocking look of horror when contemplating some of us may not know that a row of Oreos is not the nutritional chart equivalent to one Oreo:scared1: ...I am aware that laying on the bed and praying with the help of a crane... I can zip my jeans... does not equate to a perfect fit...but if the amount of overhang on my jeans is less than 2 feet...they are golden :rotfl: )

So here is the deal! I have a goal of 100 pounds lost before next December! I want to visit Disney World with my family and not feel paranoid of fitting in rides...or buying souvenigers in the form of clothing and not having to manipulate it like Stretch Armstrong before trying it on! If you have to put one foot on the dressing room door to leverage the pull of a t-shirt...you may need to lose a pound or two! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

I am looking for fun women and men who want to make a commitment to their body as a gift to themselves. You can choose any diet path to follow you would like but the only requests are...share what is working...share what did not...track your progress with the group and cheer everyone on!

I will be watching my calorie intake strictly and also excersizing at least 4 days a week. I weigh about 250 :sad2: and will be happy to hit 150:cheer2: :cheer2: . Thus my calorie intake will be 1500 on days I do not work out and 1700 on days I get at least 1 hour of cardio in.

I want to say goodbye to the person in the mirror and hello to the person who wants to shop for clothes not screaming "she's a biggun" with huge floral print! By the way...who makes clothes for plus size people??? You do not need a print the size of Elm trees to accentuate a hippo behind!

I tend to be a pretty funny person so please grab a chair and be ready to laugh with me in my trials of this food battle. I will be putting up pics of me as I am and monthly progress reports. Yes...you will need a widescreen viewing room...see if there is an Imax near you!

Let's grow in spirit and not in pounds!!! I am so excited to join you in losing weight during 2008!!!

Dawn--

Your post cracked me up! I am working on losing weight in 2008 (that has a nice ring to it!). I am looking to lose 25 pounds by June so I can wear a swimsuit happily at the cabin and not constantly try to be in a reclining position; I figure if I am reclining then gravity will push it in, right?

I just had to let you know that I laughed while reading what you wrote and you certainly are not alone. Let me know if you want to stay in touch during your journey!

Keep smiling and laughing,
Ashley

Guess what I did today??:confused3

I returned all my extra bag of chocolate chips and baking goodies I did not use during my holiday baking extravaganza!! That's right I actually returned non-parishables and not only got $40 dollars back...I have taken steps to make sure I do not sabbotage myself before I start! I am moving food out that is not okay to eat...and making room for good choices to come!! Even if they were not in the format of a cookie yet...there is those times of the month that I might have found myself eating chocolate chips plain...or even better...mixing with peanut butter as a quick Reeces Peanut Butter Cup fix!!:rotfl: What??? Just because I am resourcefull and have been known to improvise in a crack addict...gotta have a fix and I mean now...food junkie way...doesn't mean I may possibly...in fact probably...okay let's face it more than 98% likely... have a food addiction. That and the fact I mainline Ranch dressing could also be an indicator.

(Okay I actually do not like Ranch Dressing that much but the visual of a woman...on the floor of her kitchen...with a red pepper decorated hand towel wrapped around her arm and a turkeybaster inserting Ranch Dressing sounded funny at the moment...sorry for those of you who may have lost loved ones to a RDO....Ranch Dressing Overdose)

So that may be lame and slightly crazy but let me tell ya...realizing I spent $40 on food that would only make me chunkier was a huge reality check! How much money can I save towards a Disney vacation by not blowing it on non essential food! My three teens looked at me like I had a third eye...but my oldest said he was proud after he understood why I chose to do it. :hug:

Can I ask for some of you to let me know what you have done to safeguard your kitchen?? What are food cravings you have that corrupts your good choices???pirate:

Dawn--

Your post cracked me up! I am working on losing weight in 2008 (that has a nice ring to it!). I am looking to lose 25 pounds by June so I can wear a swimsuit happily at the cabin and not constantly try to be in a reclining position; I figure if I am reclining then gravity will push it in, right?

I just had to let you know that I laughed while reading what you wrote and you certainly are not alone. Let me know if you want to stay in touch during your journey!

Keep smiling and laughing,
Ashley

See...that is the difference between those of us with a lot and those with a little to lose! If I lay back in a "Aren't I sexy" pose and flip my blond locks...I look like a walrus throwing an albino squirrel into the air!:laughing:

Seriously...thanks for posting and I hope you stay in touch...talking to yourself while writing knowing there are voyers seems like a perversion....If I was saying hushed, low throaty words...I could make some money at least...this just makes me look like I am a cheap Phyllis Diller!

I want to have a weekly weigh in with weight loss tallyed...do we weigh in on Mondays so we are concious of weekend food choices or would Friday's be better for you???

What is your plan for success??? If you don't plan you plan to fail!:scared: See I can be serious if I have too!

Hi Dawn,

I am so proud of your big return today. I tried to pass that idea off to my mom (she has a lot to lose) INCLUDING the saving for Disney part, but she didn't buy it. Oh well...

I have been making my plan all day. I am making myself a motivation journal to record my goals, food intake, and exercise. I live between two houses and spend a lot of time at work, so I need something portable to be with me all the time as a reminder. I like to do something with a friend of mine that we call the "checkmark challenge." I make a chart using MS Word and each day has 5 possible checkmarks. We have built this up over the years and started with just one goal per day, now we have four and a bonus point. We get a point for meeting our water goal (64 oz.); a point for workout goal (30 min.); a daily routine point (crunches or something of your choosing that you do at the same time each day); and a point for documenting all of your bites of food. if you get all four points then you get a bonus point. We do this for 5 weeks at a time and we each set a goal. If we reach our set goal then the other person treats us to something. Last time it was facials, this time we are going for a mani/pedi day. Does our system make sense?

I was a little lazy for Christmas so I have some catching up to do. In order to meet my goal I have to get all five points every day until January 13th!!! EEK!!!

BTW, who is Phyllis Diller?

Hi Dawn,

I am so proud of your big return today. I tried to pass that idea off to my mom (she has a lot to lose) INCLUDING the saving for Disney part, but she didn't buy it. Oh well...

I have been making my plan all day. I am making myself a motivation journal to record my goals, food intake, and exercise. I live between two houses and spend a lot of time at work, so I need something portable to be with me all the time as a reminder. I like to do something with a friend of mine that we call the "checkmark challenge." I make a chart using MS Word and each day has 5 possible checkmarks. We have built this up over the years and started with just one goal per day, now we have four and a bonus point. We get a point for meeting our water goal (64 oz.); a point for workout goal (30 min.); a daily routine point (crunches or something of your choosing that you do at the same time each day); and a point for documenting all of your bites of food. if you get all four points then you get a bonus point. We do this for 5 weeks at a time and we each set a goal. If we reach our set goal then the other person treats us to something. Last time it was facials, this time we are going for a mani/pedi day. Does our system make sense?

I was a little lazy for Christmas so I have some catching up to do. In order to meet my goal I have to get all five points every day until January 13th!!! EEK!!!

BTW, who is Phyllis Diller?

Okay...so a few things....yes it made sense...I like it a lot....second..where do you live in this great state of ours??? And last

Phyllis Diller is a comedian from the 70's and early 80's who was a riot and had a potty mouth that she used! She always smoked a long stem cigarette and had a raspy voice. I am officially old at 36! Look her up on google!

ON TO SOMETHING SERIOUS!!!

My oldest son loved Olive Garden's Chocolate Lasagna Cake that they stopped serving 2 years ago. Last week I found a close repplica and bought it as a Christams treat!! My Dad ended up making a pie so we ate that instead on Christmas and so I saved the cake for this weekend.

MY NEIGHBORS DOG....just ate the whole darn $35 cake I specifically and specially ordered!!! I am not kidding I want to strangle that dog! It was a chocolate gnache cake with special center that melts in your mouth! We had no room in the fridge for it so I put it in the box it came in and set it outside in our 15 degree temp to stay cold until we ate it!! The bakery said that freezing it would be bad so that was my only option. I mean it was right next to my front door. :confused3

I may put up with extra poop in the summertime and in fact all year....but this takes the cake...literally!!!

I did call them and left a message....we will see if they offer to pay for it!

Maybe this is a sign from God saying....you did not need the cake!!! But Hello....could he not have sent that message before I spent the $35!!

Yes....I know my too tight jeans, swelling ankles and chubby fingers were a sign....but I want something a little more obvious from the man upstairs before KUJO ends up enjoying my darn $35 CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!!:rotfl2:

The cake sounds good and I would be upset -- I hate when people don't leash/fence/electric fence their dogs! I wish I could have that cake! Where did you find it? Oh wait... NO cake. This is a sign. Right? Bummer. Sorry for your son who lost his big treat!

I live in New Prague (do you know where that is?). Where are you living? Wasn't today one of the most dreary looking days outside. Yuck. My feet are freezing from my little jog that I went on a few hours ago.

I saw that you signed up for biggest loser challenge! Me too! I put down that I want to lose 5 pounds per month until May. How am I going to do that?!?! I'm good at going through the motions but I don't ever really end up losing the weight. THIS time it will work, right?

I'll look up Phyllis Diller. I am only 11 years behind you, but I am also not very savvy on anything related to entertainment. I can't keep track of all that business.

I'm going to go make myself a plan and incentive chart for the new year. I think each month I lose according to my goal I will buy something... Off to figure it all out........

Welcome to our WISH family!

Whoo hoo! for your goal and determination. I think that you are definitely in for a great start. What do I do to keep from being sabotaged? I try to keep healthy things around for me so I can feel the good choice instead of having mostly bad things. It is difficult since most of the rest of the family is not as concerned and there are many bad choices around me.

I'd suggest that you continue with posting and encouraging those of us on the WISH boards. You will find many people who are so encouraging and supporting. We need all of us to keep us on that road to success.

Give yourself smaller goals, ones that you can be certain to achieve as you strive for the final outcome.

Another thing I will suggest is to not consider that "D" word. Think of yourself as making healthy choices and turn it into a way of life!

I can feel that you KNOW you can do this and I KNOW you can too!

:cheer2: :cheer2:

Hi Dawn,

I'm loving your posts. I just about peed my pants when you described the sexy "come hither" look. I did laugh out loud! You did a great job getting rid of those chocolate chips. They aren't one of my weaknesses (and besides, you'd find the empty bags in my DD13's room), but crackers are another thing. :rolleyes1

Little Miss Mickey, I bet you've seen Phyllis Diller and didn't even know it. ::yes:: I like your "checkmark challenge" but I really think that I need to get into the motivational journal. Good for you for going out for that jog. You did the 2005 Half at Disney, didn't you?

Dawn, I think that it must have been the dog's birthday. He did you a favour, but I am so hoping that the owners pay for his dinner out. Hugs to the kiddo who was really looking forward to the cake.

Lily, you always make sense. And I bow to your determination for the Goofy. :worship: They do name it the Goofy for a reason, ya know.

Lastly, Dawn, are you joining the BL challenge? We could use someone with a sense of humour when the scale doesn't co-operate!

Thank You for the well wishes and the Canadian Flag!!! I will be taking my progress at a 20 pound mile marker. I plan on doing this so I can feel rewarded at a quicker rate...let's face it ...it's all about me!:rotfl2: I need those warm fuzzies to keep the motivation and determination going.

At each of those milestones I will re-try the closet clogging clothes I have. That's right...I keep the ... "Maybe some day when the sky turns green and the grass becomes blue and Donald Trump will acknowledge the plethera of wild muskrats he puts to death each year to facilitate his hair facade...and Nixon was hot in his prime"...dream stash. :laundy:

***Note to all...I am only 36 so if you believe I have clothes that are that old or if you were never sober enough to see that Tricky Dicky was never good looking, or if...(and I have sympathy for those with this handicap)...you have a lazy eye that doesn't allow you to foccus on the clothes chubby chicks keep as their..."ya...I can get into that size 2 from 25 years ago"....dream wardrobe...then let's just say that I got a buttload of out of date...high-waisted...flat stomach body suit... what was I thinking and what illegal narcotics could I have been slipped...clothes. Enough to dress an entire 3rd world country...or a small bigamist family. Sorry again to those of you I may have offended like Steve there on the couch with his 8 wives. I have teretts and have no ability to stop my crazy typing.

*****Amendment to Note to all....How is it the ugly, gotta wrap my 3 strands of hair over my not so obvious cromagnum head...gets multiple wives. It's never Brad Pitt or George Clooney.:cool2: :confused3 It's always Jim Davidson with summer teeth (summer are there summer are not:laughing: ) and a sexy as heck spitoon nearby. I know I want to run my hands through a strand of greezy hair after Twila just did.:dance3:

Okay so I was just diagnosed with ADD and I have no understanding of this being a problem :rolleyes1

Seriously...I am getting my change on and will give you the nitty grittys of my intake thoughts a little later. Right now I need to go and have my cat gnaw my arm off because it is asleep from laying here reading TR's.:thumbsup2

Next up: How Dawn... aka Stubbs...opened a can of tuna... with a crappy prostesis.:scared1:

Here is a story problem I am struggling with....

If a very funny woman writes a thread on the disboard and that woman has 183 people read that thread...but only 3 people post that they are at least intrigued by her sad...sorry...self-amused life she leads...than what percent of people actually responded???:teacher:

Does this mean that no one else can type but they can read??? Maybe I have stumbled upon a group of Tibetan Monks who can peep into the window of their brothers from another mother but are not allowed to actually interact because by doing so they will have to fight against the evil powers chocolate dipped banannas possess against the common man. :banana:

Or I suppose that maybe...perhaps... it could be that I am the stinky fish that the other tank full of fish don't want to swim with. We all have seen it. That lone fish whose scales are slimy and it's one eye is slightly bulging. The fish that others make fun of on Christmas Eve. Taunting it...never letting it join in their fish school games. Ya that's right....Rudolph wasn't the only misfit baby.:lmao:

Seriously...I am down 2 pounds from my beginning this thread just by being more concious about food choices. I don't think I will have to rent the crane again to zip my pants. (I am so relieved because those late rental penalties were a killer.) :rotfl2:

I hope all of you have a blessed day and enjoy your family on this Sunday afternoon.:hug:

Dawn, two pounds is great! Keep up the good work, but mostly keep up the good spirits!

:teacher: BTW, let's assume that 3 people read the thread, but LMM read it twice, I've read it 3 times, Lily once, and you've read it 6 times 2+3+1+6=10 183-10=173 3/173=1.73% Therefore 98% of the people reading this thread are not posting. But I bet that they are enjoying! ;) Keep the faith, hun, it's all we have!

I usually just read and don't type! I know I'm a lurker, I hate that word! But, I was so inspired by your enthusiasm and wit, that I wanted to say thanks. I'm trying to decide whether to sign up for the BL or just 'read' it. I also have been known to turn on an exercise DVD, do the warmup and then watch the rest lol. But, I'm about to go to SixFlags with the other gazillion people there today. It's a beautiful sunny 63 day in Texas. Blessings!

Lurking........................................................................

Okay, look at it like this...I have to look at the water before I dangle my toes in the water.
I have to dangle for a while before I'd even remotely think about getting a whole leg in....then I have to wait an hour for my body to acclimatize to the temps.....
Then there's the part where I have to dip the parts that really hate to be chilly in...(that's this part right now)...
Couple of deep breaths, then maybe I'll dive in face first...
but hey, I'm not one of those "off the deep end, damn the torpedoes" kinda gals.

But I'm with ya, chuckling the whole way.

DEBBIE!!!!!

I think if I am not crazy...that you might be a teacher? Is it possible we PM'd last year for a bit??? I ended up having life go upside down and had surgery and now am finally up and running...well walking and not even briskly yet but I am up!!

I am doing BL!!! We need to talk!:love:

I usually just read and don't type! I know I'm a lurker, I hate that word! But, I was so inspired by your enthusiasm and wit, that I wanted to say thanks. I'm trying to decide whether to sign up for the BL or just 'read' it. I also have been known to turn on an exercise DVD, do the warmup and then watch the rest lol. But, I'm about to go to SixFlags with the other gazillion people there today. It's a beautiful sunny 63 day in Texas. Blessings!

See...I feel no pain for ya after you dropped the curse words regarding your nice weather. I am in 15 degree...what does the sun look like mamma...why is there 2 feet of snow freakin everywhere...winter. If I rode a rollercoaster today it would leave my breasts frozen. And because they would be frozen pointing towards my feet...(who the heck invented gravity??) :rotfl: ...eventually they would break off like an icicle and pin my feet to the ground. This would lead to hypothermia and thus...no Six Flags for me.

We don't even have a Six Flags. We have Valleyfair which is like 2 1/4 Flags. Nothin says you are in a classy place like a whole lot of spandex covering a whole lotta chubbo mubbos who make John Candy look like he has put himself in a hot dog cassing.

Does anyone have a mirror anymore?:confused3

I know I have a weight problem...but I feel strongly it should not become your eye problem!:thumbsup2

Lurking........................................................................

Okay, look at it like this...I have to look at the water before I dangle my toes in the water.
I have to dangle for a while before I'd even remotely think about getting a whole leg in....then I have to wait an hour for my body to acclimatize to the temps.....
Then there's the part where I have to dip the parts that really hate to be chilly in...(that's this part right now)...
Couple of deep breaths, then maybe I'll dive in face first...
but hey, I'm not one of those "off the deep end, damn the torpedoes" kinda gals.

But I'm with ya, chuckling the whole way.

I am dying right now!!!:lmao:

I have visuals you should not have about parts not seen before, from strangers yet spoken too.:3dglasses

Or is it ...:scared1:

If you are Sean Connery or Angelina Jolie it could be...:worship:

But if you are Lyle Lovitt or my ex MIL it very well likely would be... :scared:

Thanks for being open enough to talk about your dangling and dipping parts...I am glad you are in for the fun!!:flower3:

If you are Sean Connery or Angelina Jolie it could be...:worship:

If I were Angelina Jolie, do ya think I'd be here????

I'd have my own crew of perfectly buff body trainers surrounding me...I'd never have to depend upon the kindness of like-minded strangers.

Actually, I think I prefer the people here...

If I were Angelina Jolie, do ya think I'd be here????

I'd have my own crew of perfectly buff body trainers surrounding me...I'd never have to depend upon the kindness of like-minded strangers.

Actually, I think I prefer the people here...

Well ya know that there might be some down time in the long adoption line you could be standing in at the embassy in Lithuania. I mean a girl can't spend her day just asking her husband Brad to put on a french butler uniform and start dusting!:lmao:

I prefer these people too...but can't I have her vacation home on a beach please!:laughing: oh yeah...and her body...maybe her face...possibly her hair...what do her feet look like?

Ok so here it goes...

I will not admit to being overweight:rotfl2:

I will just say that when I pushed away from the holiday table my chair beeped like a backing garbage truck on crack.

:scared:

So it is time for me to join the crowd and gain some support:grouphug: Ok so SUPPORT ME ALREADY PEOPLE :thumbsup2

I am a fun loving, well meaning person. If I say something that you think was pointed or mean...It was not intended and I will apologize reight now :angel:

That being said....

Can I join? Can I can I can I please?:idea: :lovestruc :rolleyes1 :hug: :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!