In room safe, has it ever failed you before?

True. I have just read about a few sting operations at WDW over the years to catch housekeepers stealing cash.

We don't travel with jewelry of any value that is not with us at all times (like a watch or wedding ring) or wads of cash or electronics. We do bring along our Kindles, but those are less than $100. We also don't take any restricted medication that anyone would want at least we don't yet.
That is best. I am afraid to walk across the street without my kindle:)
Stewardesses used to ask me when they first came out-what is that. I have had one with me ever since.

That reminds me of being at the Christmas party last year late November and asking when the fireworks show starts and receiving several different answers. None of the CM’s knew for sure.

True. I have just read about a few sting operations at WDW over the years to catch housekeepers stealing cash.

We don't travel with jewelry of any value that is not with us at all times (like a watch or wedding ring) or wads of cash or electronics. We do bring along our Kindles, but those are less than $100. We also don't take any restricted medication that anyone would want at least we don't yet.
Just read about the most recent sting. Sad to think of what caused that women to pocket $20 and suffer the results.

Have used the room safes in varied cities and NEVER had an issue, at Paris Las Vegas the darn thing did not open, kept beeping, security had to come by open it with a key, replaced the batteries, reset it, and worked like a champ the rest of the trip. Was told there anyway, security were the only ones able to open it.......I say dont worry too much about it.....

Never an issue, but I don't store anything in it that would be detrimental if it was stolen. Only cash and an extra credit card. Both can be replaced.

I asked for this and was told they do not have it. Seemed strange to me.
I took a look at the website and it mentions, under Front Desk Services, a complimentary lock box. I wonder if that's what they mean.

No, never anything stolen and we use them all the time for valuables (laptop, wallet, phones, jewelery etc). Once (back when they still used actual keys) we locked our car keys in the safe and the other set of car keys that had the safe key attached to it got locked in the car. I blame the kids...:rolleyes1 They sent someone with a master key to unlock the safe, which made it obvious to me that nothing is truly secure in there I suppose if the person with the key is dishonest. Anyhow, I still trust using them. I feel like that would be a huge risk that they'd be taking.

OK - BEGGING for the constant fights to end.

The original question: "In room safe, has it ever failed you before?"

That would be an actual event, that happened to YOU. Has it?

Or will this thread decay into British Safe Cracker apocrypha?

Please - offer the OP REAL PERSONAL DATA. "It could be cracked" applies to most main US Bank Safes, with the proper use of high explosives :).
I guarantee you the government doesn’t keep the X-Files in the same type safes WDW has in its rooms. :)

We use them for cash and gift cards and haven’t ever had a problem.

The only jewelry of real value I take with me is my wedding set, which I wear if I’m out of the room and I also keep my phone on me at all times.

I think anyone has to know that someone (probably several someones) at the resort has to have access to the safes, be it electronic types or key types. At no time will you be the only one with access to your room safe. Ever. This is only common sense.

There was a miscommunication trying to leave the room in a hurry to make an ADR and we left wallets and iPads in an unlocked safe at BCV. Nothing was taken or disturbed.
The next day the safe gave an error message for low battery and would not lock. Called the front desk and it was fixed within 30 minutes. The safe worked perfectly the rest of the trip.

Don't give them any ideas, lol. Off topic, but I am waiting on the parking fee for every time you leave and return to the resort lot.

Like Swan/Dolphin?

To be clear and fair they do NOT charge a daily fee for Resort Guests, only for non-registered guests.
https://www.swandolphin.com/feedback/transportation.html

Yes S/D has had a parking fee long long before WDW did it. Disney probably should have done that years ago to prevent abuse of those parking at the Epcot & Monorail Resorts.

S/D charge an every-time parking fee for non-resort guests. For resort guests, they charge a daily fee and give you a card to allow unlimited in-and-out for the duration of your stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter