In room safe, has it ever failed you before?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has ever has anything stolen out of their in room safe before?

No, and we use it every time we travel.

However, we don't keep much of any value in there.

I haven't either and we use it every time for our passports, an ipad and any gift cards we have. I would think that it would be as fail safe as any other safe at any other resort hotel.

Honestly, I don't tend to use it; however, I will say that since the code can be electronically set, it is nothing more than a minor deterrent, as it would be easily hackable and of course security and/or maintenance would have access to it in case you forgot the combination, so the safe is definitely not secure. All it is really going to do is possible convince someone to move on to the next room. I can't say I have ever had anything stolen from my room though, in the safe or not.

Honestly, I don't tend to use it; however, I will say that since the code can be electronically set, it is nothing more than a minor deterrent, as it would be easily hackable and of course security and/or maintenance would have access to it in case you forgot the combination, so the safe is definitely not secure. All it is really going to do is possible convince someone to move on to the next room. I can't say I have ever had anything stolen from my room though, in the safe or not.
Many tutorials on YouTube on how to open them quickly so a very minor deterrent (I just added very to your description :).

Because of this I don't even bother with electronic safes. I have a lock on my suitcase.
And I've never had a problem with any thefts. By far the biggest cause of loss is just that- me losing stuff!

we have used the in room safes as long as they have had them, and have never had anything stolen out of them. We usually just use them for things like money and ereaders, the old key operated ones at Pop were very small and could not usually accommodate much more than that - the new electronic ones in the dresser are a little bit bigger.

Hey at least Disney isn't like one hotel I stayed at, they charged you a daily fee if you used the in room safe and then charged you every time you opened it.

Hey at least Disney isn't like one hotel I stayed at, they charged you a daily fee if you used the in room safe and then charged you every time you opened it.
Don't give them any ideas, lol. Off topic, but I am waiting on the parking fee for every time you leave and return to the resort lot.

That's really poor policy to penalize a guest for trying to safeguard their belongings.:rolleyes2 I know hotels aren't generally responsible for what happens to our stuff, but I could see someone shooting holes in that fine print because of the fee. I. wonder if their general counsel knows about it!

The key safes are also easy to open. If you are taking a suitcase full of cash or a duffel full of rare gems then better to use the front desk. :)I looked through some old threads and only one person stated that a $100 was taken from a safe at WDW.

As follow on to QueenElinor-sometimes when I cant find something my internal voice shouts that it was stolen. When i was younger i listened to this voice and wrote it off as stolen but later found it and realized i had actually just misplaced it. Now whenever the voice says it was stolen i know immediately that it almost certainly wasn't and i likely just misplaced it so a search is required.

I don't use the safe but also haven't had anything taken from the room.
Don't give them any ideas, lol. Off topic, but I am waiting on the parking fee for every time you leave and return to the resort lot.
Like Swan/Dolphin?

I don't use the safe but also haven't had anything taken from the room.

Like Swan/Dolphin?
They do that? Really? Are you kidding me? Holy crap, I had no idea! Lawd have mercy, then ya, that is coming to the Disney resort hotels. Good grief.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter