In Room H2O Products Now in Large Shareable Bottles?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this the first go 'round and flaked it off. But the more I thought about the concerns of pump soaps being so unsanitary in some views, well here's my take: we all use public restrooms. We all use the same toilet paper that countless others have. That toilet paper could have been subject to anything before you came along but, you still use it. Every person ahead of you touched that roll who knows where or with what but, we still use it. We hover above waters that we cannot be 100% certain are clear of foreign matter. In a word: backsplash. Don't pretend it doesn't happen - it does. When all is said and done, we trot out to use the same pump soap offered in the restroom too. And unless our facility has a sensor pump, we touch the same pump that every other soiled hand has touched that day. Albeit we're not rubbing it all over our bodies, but the laws of contamination hypothetically remain.

In short - If you don't like the idea of pumps, don't use them. If you're more upset about hauling some trial sizes home, I think a re-evaluation is in order.

People that are worried about them being tampered with do you realize the little bottles could be. Housekeeping isn't going to toss ones that aren't used.

I've stayed at luxury resorts and boutique hotels that use this same approach as a way to save on waste. Less work for housekeeping who have to restock constantly too. So much more convenient than squeezing every little bit out of a tiny bottle.

I guess these are installed at POP now. Any know wether DVC resorts will be getting these or if we will continue getting individual shampoo etc?
I checked into Saratoga Springs today. Studio/2 people

I received : 2oz each of H2O Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash and Body Lotion. Plus a bar of Facial Soap and a bar of Bath Soap.

NOOOOOOOOOO! Please say this is not true!!!

===================================================================
I read this on the Boardwalk thread:

"has anyone noticed if BC has the refillable soap and shampoo dispensers installed yet? I just read the update on DFB and it looks like boardwalk has them installed so I was curious if BC has them yet"

Have they been installed at the Boardwalk?

They are in the process of being installed.

NOOOOOOOOOO! Please say this is not true!!!

===================================================================
I read this on the Boardwalk thread:

"has anyone noticed if BC has the refillable soap and shampoo dispensers installed yet? I just read the update on DFB and it looks like boardwalk has them installed so I was curious if BC has them yet"

Have they been installed at the Boardwalk?

They are in the process of being installed.

Darn.

Well it looks like I won't be packing shampoo, conditioner, body wash any more. I like that fact, but I will also miss the travel sizes to take home.

Another fan of the dispensers here: we were very happy with them in POFQ in January having used them here in the UK many times and also abroad in Europe. Always got fed up trying to squeeze enough shower gel/shampoo/conditioner out of the silly wee bottles. Looks like they aren't in SSR yet. Wonder if they'll be there in time for our visit in October?

Mrs TT

I was reading about this. I was planning on ordering shampoo with my grocery order because we won't use those tiny bottles. I live with a little Lorax who will not allow waste like that to occur in his family on his watch. The large shampoo we order will be distressing enough to him as we usually just buy castile soap in bulk at our co-op. Are these larger bottles at the Beach Club yet?? That would be spectacular.

Saw this the first go 'round and flaked it off. But the more I thought about the concerns of pump soaps being so unsanitary in some views, well here's my take: we all use public restrooms. We all use the same toilet paper that countless others have. That toilet paper could have been subject to anything before you came along but, you still use it. Every person ahead of you touched that roll who knows where or with what but, we still use it. We hover above waters that we cannot be 100% certain are clear of foreign matter. In a word: backsplash. Don't pretend it doesn't happen - it does. When all is said and done, we trot out to use the same pump soap offered in the restroom too. And unless our facility has a sensor pump, we touch the same pump that every other soiled hand has touched that day. Albeit we're not rubbing it all over our bodies, but the laws of contamination hypothetically remain.

In short - If you don't like the idea of pumps, don't use them. If you're more upset about hauling some trial sizes home, I think a re-evaluation is in order.
Okay, well, I won't use them. Ever. And I reserve the right to be ticked off when I'm paying over $700 a night for club level and they want to use value size toiletries. That are made of plastic btw. Also, when we look at vacation destinations, we like to know what toiletries are included and when I booked the room, I read many glowing reviews and lists of all the things that they leave you for toiletries at the boardwalk right here on the disboards. Foot creme, solar gel were just some of the aforementioned toiletries I read about. So I don't think I need to "re-evaluate" anything except where I decide to go on vacation. It's my choice.

Another fan of the dispensers here: we were very happy with them in POFQ in January having used them here in the UK many times and also abroad in Europe. Always got fed up trying to squeeze enough shower gel/shampoo/conditioner out of the silly wee bottles. Looks like they aren't in SSR yet. Wonder if they'll be there in time for our visit in October?

Mrs TT

Totally agree! Much easier to get shower wash out of a dispenser. More room on counter top also! :)

We were at BWI on 8/15 thru 8/19 and GF from 8/19 thru 8/23. Both had individual toiletry items. I am against a dispenser on the wall. Sorry but that doesn't fit in with a deluxe resort that people are paying $$$ for. This is my opinion. There is something nice about going into a room that has just had housekeeping done and having all the little toiletry items in the bathroom. Bad decision on Disney's part if they do this. Who wants to see a big community soap dispenser in the shower??? Sorry, not a fan at all.

Okay, well, I won't use them. Ever. And I reserve the right to be ticked off when I'm paying over $700 a night for club level and they want to use value size toiletries. That are made of plastic btw. Also, when we look at vacation destinations, we like to know what toiletries are included and when I booked the room, I read many glowing reviews and lists of all the things that they leave you for toiletries at the boardwalk right here on the disboards. Foot creme, solar gel were just some of the aforementioned toiletries I read about. So I don't think I need to "re-evaluate" anything except where I decide to go on vacation. It's my choice.

I totally agree. How much can these products really be costing Disney per day??? Even if it's a few bucks, big deal, they get hundreds per night for a deluxe room. Disney is buying these items in such bulk, I doubt they even cost them that much. Disney is a profit grabber and just wants more and more. I can't imagine going into the shower in a deluxe room and seeing a soap dispenser on the wall.

BWI had shampoo, body wash, conditioner and moisturizer cream and I think shower cap but GF gave all of those plus a few extra things like mouth wash and Aloe gel. Maybe Disney will have customers request these items like they now make you request turndown service at the GF??? We had a big card when we checked into the room saying if we wanted turndown service to call housekeeping.

I totally agree. How much can these products really be costing Disney per day??? Even if it's a few bucks, big deal, they get hundreds per night for a deluxe room. Disney is buying these items in such bulk, I doubt they even cost them that much. Disney is a profit grabber and just wants more and more. I can't imagine going into the shower in a deluxe room and seeing a soap dispenser on the wall.
If you look at the direction Disney has been moving in regard to the environment, my guess would be this is less about profits and more about waste. Those little bottles create a lot of waste and depending on your recycling facility they may not even be able to be recycled. Yes, the larger bottles may still be plastic, but they are refillable there for will create less waste in the long term.

If you look at the direction Disney has been moving in regard to the environment, my guess would be this is less about profits and more about waste. Those little bottles create a lot of waste and depending on your recycling facility they may not even be able to be recycled. Yes, the larger bottles may still be plastic, but they are refillable there for will create less waste in the long term.
I don't know if the motivation is waste or profit. I do think that attaching multiple large bottles to the wall in the shower just gives lots more places for mold and mildew to grow. "Solving" one problem may yield another worse one over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter