In Room H2O Products Now in Large Shareable Bottles?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This only works if anyone touching these has clean hands. Or their germs will just be transferred on to you, eventually. This is not something I will expect to work in a hotel environment.

But a community soap dispenser touched by people over and over, cleaning themselves and their body parts, and refilled over and over rather than changed, which leads to bacteria growing ..... works.

A housekeeper touches everything in your room, sometimes your personal things ... touching a pod of soap is where we draw the line?

Last edited:

View attachment 346982 Looks great...from trip advisor all star resorts

Omg! That’s exactly what I expected, but the realty is worse. Not at all trying to say it matters more than at value resorts but I think there will be serious backlash if these community toiletries are installed at deluxe resorts, if this is a representation of how Disney plans to maintain them. It’s more involved than just refilling the bottles.

Last edited:

Sometimes I think the goal of changes like this is to drive away the most loyal guests from staying onsite. There are pet dogs in hotels, intrusive room checks, parking fees, often sloppy housekeeping, de-theming of hotel rooms, and now these icky communal dispensers in the shower. I used to really like staying onsite, but these factors are gradually driving me to stay offsite more and more, as there are still some offsite hotels with individual shampoos, etc.

Sometimes I think the goal of changes like this is to drive away the most loyal guests from staying onsite. There are pet dogs in hotels, intrusive room checks, parking fees, often sloppy housekeeping, de-theming of hotel rooms, and now these icky communal dispensers in the shower. I used to really like staying onsite, but these factors are gradually driving me to stay offsite more and more, as there are still some offsite hotels with individual shampoos, etc.
In my opinion the goal of those changes is reducing resort costs. I agree with you that the result may indeed start to drive off the long faithful onsite guests over time and tip the scales to Offsite, especially paired with convenient and comfortable commuting to the parks on Uber and Lyft.

I just sent pic and letter to Disney so we will see what happens. Curious to see how they defend it.
Good move. Be sure to let us know. I’ve already decided we will bring our own products after I heard they were just refilling. I also purchase bleach cleaner to clean while we are away. If I encounter something like that pic, I’ll be calling management for immediate clean up. How that can even happen is beyond me.

I was already uncomfortable with the idea of communal dispensers in the shower anyway, long before seeing that photo. So the photo is not a huge deal to me.

I did note that a Disney social media person responded to the Tripadvisor thread. That's a positive sign, I hope.
To be fair I looked over the reviews as a whole last night and Disney is basically responding to all reviews. It also didn't appear to be a canned response either-meaning they actually read details of the person's review.

I'm not sure I would call it a positive sign to the specific issue of the photo shared because they are doing it to basically all reviews. I think it's great that they are responding and taking the time to do that so I suppose for that particular aspect of responding personally I'd call that a positive general sign. I remember looking at TripAdvisor at the All-Stars back in 2016 when I was making my choice of where I wanted to stay and I don't feel like they were being as good about that.

If you'd like to know Disney's response here it is:
"WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago
Jen, thank you for staying with us at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort and for taking the time to provide a review of your visit. It is disappointing to know that your vacation with us was not the experience that we strive to provide for each and every one of our Guests. I am also sorry to learn that you were unable to speak with a Guest Experience Manager prior to checking out of our Resort.

We would like to get a bit more information about your visit so that we may ensure the quality of our experience for each and every Guest. Please check your Private Messages as we will be reaching out for more details.

Janet
Disney Social Reviews"

Personal opinion I'd honestly let the person who posted the review on TripAdvisor to handle it. I'm not privy to their conversation they may have already had (especially given it was posted on 8/23 and responded to by Disney 6 days ago) but of course people are free to still contact Disney on the matter if they want to. I get it even if I personally wouldn't do it.

OK, I think 20 pages is about enough time spent arguing over soap bottles. This thread is closed.

As for the accusations and name-calling, here's a reminder for those who have forgotten the rules for posting on the DISboards.

1. No arguing. Doesn't matter who started it or what they said. No arguing.

2. If you think someone's post has violated the DISboards guidelines, report it, and then step away and let the board staff handle it. Nothing is served by you reposting the offending post and getting into an argument, you know it's gonna get deleted anyway and it's just more work for us to clean up.

3. If you just don't like someone's posts and don't care to read what they say, use the ignore function. Presto, you'll never be bothered by that person's opinions again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter