In Room H2O Products Now in Large Shareable Bottles?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedberg1661

DIS Veteran and Patreon Supporter
According to this site and many others reporting on the Disboards and various sites...larger bottles mounted in the showers at Port Orleans Riverside have begun to replace the individual soaps etc. that were previously supplied in each room. Has anyone else heard/experienced this?

The first article I found regarding this change.
http://thekingdominsider.com/disney-drops-mickey-soap/

Yeah, I've seen the reports popping up all over.
I can't see anything to get worked up about myself. I don't use the shampoo anyway. I think DH does, he sure won't care. He'll use bar soap on his hair if he needs to.
Less waste/garbage is good, right?

Plus, all those folks who bemoaned the loss of the shower gel will be happy, right?

Nope, won't do it. I only want to use items where I break the seal. Will not use these shared items. Who knows who put what in there. Won't do it.
They are tamper proof. Of course Disney wouldn't put something in that someone can tamper with and then leave for others to use. They locked the area where the tops come off, so only Housekeeping can access the tops to remove them.

According to this site and many others reporting on the Disboards and various sites...larger bottles mounted in the showers at Port Orleans Riverside have begun to replace the individual soaps etc. that were previously supplied in each room. Has anyone else heard/experienced this?

The first article I found regarding this change.
http://thekingdominsider.com/disney-drops-mickey-soap/

Had it on both my cruises and in 2 of the three hotels I stayed at in Europe. I tend to dislike hotel products so I never use them anyway. (I really don't like the H20 products as they leave my hair really dry but the soaps okay) I usually bring a few home and give them away.

And I've had partial bottles in hotels so yeah there's that reason to dislike them too. The mounted ones I've seen have all had locking mechanisms so somewhat safer. But like every public restroom in the world (okay I'll go with almost every one) has mounted or pump soap and I've never heard of tampering before.

But for the price of those resorts don't you think this is cheaping out a bit?
No, I don't. I haven't a clue if the big bottles they mounted cost them more or less than the tiny bottles or not.
I know the tiny bottles equal a lot of waste. There were lots tossed out. That is silly. No reason in that at all.
So I'm all for anything to reduce that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!