"I'M STUCK IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!" A Delightfully Unliveable TR ~ NEW TR 9/27!!!!!!!!!!!

I have enjoyed the heck out of this reports, as well as all of your previous TR's, and my heart is literally aching as you describe leaving!! I know that feeling too well, it may be the worst feeling in the entire world!!! I felt it back on March 4th when we departed home. The ONLY thing that helps with that is by keeping Disney in my everyday routine, watching movies, reading blogs, youtube videos, and YOUR TR's!!! I also am addicted to Princess Jess's college program report thanks to you recommending it!!! I noticed that you live close to the city....I live in the tri-state area which is about 1 1/2 hours from the city. We should do a Dis-Meet in the city!!! That would be so fun! Thank you for these wonderful reports! I don't always comment but I am always here reading and enjoying the daily dose of magic that these boards bring!
-Meganprincess:

Thank you so much for sharing all of your adventures with us. I have giggled and teared up and smiled until my face hurt as I walked through the parks and saw them through your eyes. You gave me things to look forward to doing and seeing, and despite going in a group of 6, I plan to soak in all the small details. My countdown has a mere 3 days left on it until we arrive at Fort Wilderness, but I think I might already be sad at the thought of leaving at the end of the trip! I can't wait for BirthdayFestivus13, as I'm sure you will keep us all well entertained again. Besides, another trip report will give me a Disney fix after we return home! Have a great day, Lia!!

I laughed, I cried, I prayed for your friends and family, and I feel so blessed to have gotten to "know" you. Disney people are the best. Thank you for sharing everything. I will be thinking of you as I go to my first MNSSHP this year on 10/4. You and Jess kept me cheered up a lot this summer as I went through a sad time. I had to give up DIS for awhile, but I am finally catching up on my reading. It is so awesome to know that there are people like you and your love of Disney out there. Also, to find out that you and Jess were friends.... I died! I appreciated allow your details and cannot wait to get there myself.

I am going to do the DVC cruise and then to WDW with just my hubby and me. We are leaving our rock star at home, DS13. (Don't feel too bad for him - he went on SB and to Aulani this summer. We are going back for a Christmas.)
We are meeting some friends who are going for their first time. I have been helping them plan and am so excited. They have a DS9 who is getting dolled up at BBB for MNSSHP. The adults are going as her Princess Protection Agency. It should be a hoot. That morning, I will get to do some princess stuff. I am finally going to meet Tinkerbell.

I hope things are going great for you and hope to see you at the world some day.

Feel all the things! I'm glad your parting went okay. Had one last disney breakfast, and one more tour of Andy's room! I didn't realize how cute it was until I saw these pics. Oh, and one last bathroom stop!!! Seriously, some people are happy to come home to their own bed, I was happy to come home to my own toilet. :confused3 I have a really nice toilet!

Looking forward to hearing about all of the fun you had with Gina too. It sounds like her family was very hospitable!

Yeah it wasn't bad for the last Disney moments! Andy's Room is the cutest thing ever. I'm in love with it.

Congratulations on the great toilet! :thumbsup2

It was so fun at Gina's! I doubt many people will read the whole thing since it takes place outside of Disney (I wrote a lot more than I expected)! But I think it's pretty cool.

First time I read a TR from beginning to end! Great story, great pictures, I hope I get the chance to be stuck at Disneyworld me too one day! :thumbsup2

Wow really? Well I'm glad you read all of mine! Thanks!

Hey Lia,

Sorry it took me so long to respond, but it has be crazy busy around here. Maybe it is because we are only 10 days, 9 hours, and 10 minutes away from our second Honeymoon / first Disneymoon!!!

Yes as sad as it is, at 45 years old, I have never seen a "real" concert of any kind. I have seen live bands play, but they were local bands at a country bar that I used to work at years ago (and I am the complete opposite of a country fan). Mrs. awdwnut has seen many, many concerts and she feels the same way that you do (HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??). Well, this will all be water under the bridge after Sept 30th when we get to see the Go-Go's together!

We are very sad to see "I'm Stuck In Disney" coming to an end. BUT WE
CAN'T WAIT FOR #BIRTHDAYFESTIVUS13...AFESTIVUSFORTHERESTOFUS!!!

Rob & Jenn

Rob, the Go-Go's are a perfect first concert. Classic and fun and IN DISNEY WORLD! I hope it starts a trend of many many shows for you. YOUR TRIP IS SO SOON! You guys must be dying. I'm so excited for you!!

Thanks so much guys, I can't wait for you to read it!

Leaving Disney is always the saddest journey :(

This trip report has been an absolute delight, so thank you. It certainly has helped me endlessly in my planning for MNSSHP / Food and Wine as well as being fabulously entertaining, so thank you for that.

I do hope you get to live you dreams and all those people assuming you're a cast member become right at some stage. Try everything, regret nothing - none of us are young forever and you really should be a princess :offtopic:

It is, but at least I had one of my best friends with me along for the ride this time!

I'm so glad it helped you out! Thanks.

Thank you! It's not really my dream to be a princess though. I just like to revel in the compliments from CMs and such and joke around about how I am Rapunzel and Alice's height! It's totally something I would do if I lived in the area. As fun as it would be though, I can't imagine moving my whole life to do that when I live right by NYC which is the place I need to be to pursue my real dreams. :-) But thank you for the encouragement! Who knows, maybe someday I will work in Disney, but I just have so many other things I want to do with my life, it would be really kind of like a big detour to move to Orlando just for this one opportunity when there are so many more up here for me personally.

Awesome TR! :)

Thanks!:D

I have enjoyed the heck out of this reports, as well as all of your previous TR's, and my heart is literally aching as you describe leaving!! I know that feeling too well, it may be the worst feeling in the entire world!!! I felt it back on March 4th when we departed home. The ONLY thing that helps with that is by keeping Disney in my everyday routine, watching movies, reading blogs, youtube videos, and YOUR TR's!!! I also am addicted to Princess Jess's college program report thanks to you recommending it!!! I noticed that you live close to the city....I live in the tri-state area which is about 1 1/2 hours from the city. We should do a Dis-Meet in the city!!! That would be so fun! Thank you for these wonderful reports! I don't always comment but I am always here reading and enjoying the daily dose of magic that these boards bring!
-Meganprincess:

Aww! Thank you so much for reading all my TRs. I'm so glad you've enjoyed them! Glad you got on board with Jess's adventures as well. I know what you mean about keeping Disney in your daily routine, that is something I constantly do!

Thank you so much for sharing all of your adventures with us. I have giggled and teared up and smiled until my face hurt as I walked through the parks and saw them through your eyes. You gave me things to look forward to doing and seeing, and despite going in a group of 6, I plan to soak in all the small details. My countdown has a mere 3 days left on it until we arrive at Fort Wilderness, but I think I might already be sad at the thought of leaving at the end of the trip! I can't wait for BirthdayFestivus13, as I'm sure you will keep us all well entertained again. Besides, another trip report will give me a Disney fix after we return home! Have a great day, Lia!!

Thank YOU for reading about them! Your compliments are so flattering, thank you so much. I'm glad you plan on checking out the small details. That's what it's all about!

THREE DAYS, wow. You lucky duck!! I hope you have a beyond magical trip!! :smickey:

I laughed, I cried, I prayed for your friends and family, and I feel so blessed to have gotten to "know" you. Disney people are the best. Thank you for sharing everything. I will be thinking of you as I go to my first MNSSHP this year on 10/4. You and Jess kept me cheered up a lot this summer as I went through a sad time. I had to give up DIS for awhile, but I am finally catching up on my reading. It is so awesome to know that there are people like you and your love of Disney out there. Also, to find out that you and Jess were friends.... I died! I appreciated allow your details and cannot wait to get there myself.

I am going to do the DVC cruise and then to WDW with just my hubby and me. We are leaving our rock star at home, DS13. (Don't feel too bad for him - he went on SB and to Aulani this summer. We are going back for a Christmas.)
We are meeting some friends who are going for their first time. I have been helping them plan and am so excited. They have a DS9 who is getting dolled up at BBB for MNSSHP. The adults are going as her Princess Protection Agency. It should be a hoot. That morning, I will get to do some princess stuff. I am finally going to meet Tinkerbell.

I hope things are going great for you and hope to see you at the world some day.

Aww! Thank you so much! What a thoughtful comment. This summer was rough for me too so I know what you're saying. Writing reports helps me deal with stuff so it's awesome that reading what I write helps you! We just gotta help each other get through life. hahaha. I hope things are going better for you now!

Of course Jess and I are friends :D That frump found my first trip report and tracked me down! hahaha. It was a match made in Disney heaven and the rest is history!

That sounds like such a great trip! I would love to do a Disney Cruise someday but I can't tear myself away from the parks. I'm sure I'll do it eventually though. I hope you have a magical time, i'm sure you will!

I've never even met Tinkerbell! I will have to do that sometime soon. :thumbsup2

Thanks again for all the kind words!

Hi Lia!!

Oh my little pixie, parting is such sweet sorrow but your trip ran the gamut of all emotions and honestly I wouldn't give up being able to feel any of them for anything. It makes us appreciate all that we have in life even when life throws little pickles at us. And what should we do with those gherkins?? Take 'em and whip up a batch of truly sublime, homemade relish!

Thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through your experiences - I'm sure I speak for many of your adoring fans that it is so much more than words on a page. It's all the sights, colors, noises and glitter that make your reports a gift for us all to open and be excited about.

Rob, his wife Jenn and Kevin and I will be thinking of you on the 30th and will raise a glass in your honor! I cannot wait to hear all about your birthday trip - thanks in advance for bringing us all into your world through your reports. :jumping1:

(PS - OMG can I just tell you I am having the absolute TIME OF MY FRIGGEN LIFE working on Fiddler - my cast is unbelievably talented and I wake up every day thanking the powers that be that I was chosen to be a part of it!! Even though I did fall down like the complete klutz I am during my first choreography rehearsal (it was actually pretty comical) I love every second and am trying to slow time down because I want it to last forever! I knew you'd appreciate the thrill of being on stage that I'm experiencing. Okay, shameless plug rant over :lmao:)

Awww, you know, I simply adore the fact that you were grabbing every single last scrap of Disney Magic before finally leaving. I don't think there is any doubt that you are one of the absolute most passionate DISers in existence and it comes though so clearly in everything you write. I know this TR isn't quite over just yet, but I do want to thank you for it and for sharing that passion with all of us. :goodvibes

Don't ever change! :flower3:

I mean not so much the new ones with this RapidFill thing, which I'm pretty sure is the result of someone in charge of Disney having some type of psychotic break?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: OMG exactly! I don't know why, but this RapidFill nonsense makes me so angry. I mean, really...I know people use their mugs over and over (I haven't, but I don't care if other people do!) but come on! You're seriously losing THAT much money??? Sad.

Awww, leaving Disney is the worst! :sad1: But at least you had your best friend to pick you up, and you got to spend a few days with her, that seems like a good way to end a Disney trip!

I feel the same way about Disney, I feel SO lucky to have something in my life to make me so happy! :upsidedow And when you add my husband and music to that equation(I have my own Hanson, lol, but they're a local band, and sadly they don't play much anymore...they're playing the night before Thanksgiving and I am SO excited, it's crazy! I haven't seen them since last August and I'm so ready to just go insane!!! :cool1:) I'm actually a pretty lucky girl! I know I whine a lot on twitter about not being able to go to Disney, but I KNOW I will be back, and I know you will too! :goodvibes I might not know when, but I do know it will happen, and because this past year has been so much of a struggle, I feel like when I set foot on Disney property, it will be SUCH a feeling of just pure happiness and relief and success and finally knowing my struggle is OVER! :hyper::hyper::hyper: I just feel like I will appreciate it so much more, after being so miserable this past year.

I'm looking forward to Birthday Festivus!!! Already got a little preview in Jess' report, so I know it's going to be awesome!

Hey! Aww, thanks so much for the long and thoughtful comment. I love it!

I'm glad you understand my disdain for Jafar. When I see him, I'm like, get away from me you freak!

I'm also glad you find my LeFou's Brew tips helpful!! I am to change the world with my LeFou's Brew tips so this is very important!

You really are like the ORIGINAL Wreck-It Ralph fan. I don't know anyone who was so into it way before it even came out like you were. You have very good foresight because obviously now everyone loves Ralph!!

That Tower of Terror mug was still for sale in May and not just at Hollywood Studios. They offer it at several different locations, I'm sure you will come across it! I did get mine at Rosie's though. The B&tB wine glasses were also still in Village Gifts in May as well, so I hope everything is still there for you!

Aww thank you! You're so sweet. Don't worry about me, I'm sure many, many Disney adventures await me in the future! I am so happy you get to go back after over a 2 year absence! Your trip is gonna be all the more special because of your long wait.

I am all for spending a night in the Briar Patch hahahaha

Sorry about your glasses. That blows. I've had mine for over 3 years now and I'm worried they are going to break. Honestly, I drop them and stuff semi-often and I'm surprised nothing has happened to them. I think a lot of designer items are overpriced but Chanel really makes their items with care and uses the best materials because my glasses are still like new. If only I could afford an entire Chanel wardrobe!

I love that you mentioned hearing that in Captain Hook's voice because I imitate his voice ALL THE TIME. Every time I see anything Peter Pan I say "PEEETAAHHH PAANNN!" in Hook's accent. I'm so fun to be around. :-)

Aww, you're really sweet. Thank you. Hanson is everything! Next to Disney they are the most special thing in my life and my greatest passion. <3

I loved those guys! I could not believe they skipped their Spring Break to hang with their friend. That is true love/friendship right there!

I hope your face is someday etched into Disney as well!!

I did enjoy it! haha <3 Thank you!

I can't wait for LeFrou's Brew to change my world. Before I will take my first sip, I will raise my glass to the north in your direction (JK...I don't know my directions in Florida, so it'll just be in the air) and say "To Lia!" and then take my refreshing first sip! Then BAM! World changed.

What can I say? Wreck It Ralph has always been my main man! We just connected!

YAY THAT THE TOT MUG WAS STILL THERE IN MAY!! I WILL GET IT AND LOVE IT FOREVER!!

Oh weight limits...those pesky things! On my 2010 trip, I struggled and struggled and struggled to just CLOSE my suitcase and my friend sat on the bed watching my feeble attempts, laughing and believing it'd be over the weight limit. It wasn't but hers was. Luggage karma was so sweet.

The ME video on the way back is awful. You said it was "like someone slowly ripping your heart out using crude tools" but you forgot to multiply that pain times infinity! And the worst part? I DON'T GET TO SEE THE TRIP FROM THE AIRPORT TO WDW BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO GARRET'S DAD'S FIRST, SO I ONLY GET THE ONE ON THE WAY BACK AND IT'S AWFUL! Let's move on before I cry.

WAHHHHHH I am so sad you left Disney! You describe the feelings so perfectly. I just get it. I totally understand the depth of your conflicting feelings. It's hard when you never want something to end, but you also know that the time for it to end has come.

Life is funny. It's interesting to think about the smallest things that make all the difference. To know that had this trip been booked a few days earlier or later, it may have never unfolded the way it did. Who knows where you could've been stuck or stranded had you been in home? Maybe it would've been even worse than the blizzard that ruined your Halloween. But it worked out. It's always interesting to me that often the very best and the very worst things in our lives are unplanned and surprising. I'm glad this time, it worked out in your favor.

YOU MAKE ME HAVE SUCH DEEP THOUGHTS!! That's why your trip report is so perfect! I was so deep in thought that my boyfriend thought I was no longer "Dis-ing". :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your Florida trip! I don't even care if it's not Disney, because I'm going to make my readers get through that at the beginning of my upcoming TR! ;)

Hi Lia!!

Oh my little pixie, parting is such sweet sorrow but your trip ran the gamut of all emotions and honestly I wouldn't give up being able to feel any of them for anything. It makes us appreciate all that we have in life even when life throws little pickles at us. And what should we do with those gherkins?? Take 'em and whip up a batch of truly sublime, homemade relish!

Thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through your experiences - I'm sure I speak for many of your adoring fans that it is so much more than words on a page. It's all the sights, colors, noises and glitter that make your reports a gift for us all to open and be excited about.

Rob, his wife Jenn and Kevin and I will be thinking of you on the 30th and will raise a glass in your honor! I cannot wait to hear all about your birthday trip - thanks in advance for bringing us all into your world through your reports. :jumping1:

(PS - OMG can I just tell you I am having the absolute TIME OF MY FRIGGEN LIFE working on Fiddler - my cast is unbelievably talented and I wake up every day thanking the powers that be that I was chosen to be a part of it!! Even though I did fall down like the complete klutz I am during my first choreography rehearsal (it was actually pretty comical) I love every second and am trying to slow time down because I want it to last forever! I knew you'd appreciate the thrill of being on stage that I'm experiencing. Okay, shameless plug rant over :lmao:)

Hey!! Thank you so much. I'm glad you noticed my report is full of Glitter. :dance3:

That's so awesome that you guys, Rob, and Jenn will all be meeting up! Wish I could be there. I know you'll have an AMAZING time and I can't wait to hear all about it!!

I am so happy for you regarding Fiddler! There is no thrill in the world like being on stage and even if you are a klutz or don't get the moves right away just keep trying. That's all that matters is that you work hard and have fun! Go girl!!

Awww, you know, I simply adore the fact that you were grabbing every single last scrap of Disney Magic before finally leaving. I don't think there is any doubt that you are one of the absolute most passionate DISers in existence and it comes though so clearly in everything you write. I know this TR isn't quite over just yet, but I do want to thank you for it and for sharing that passion with all of us. :goodvibes

Don't ever change! :flower3:

Thanks Rob! I'm so happy that my passion for Disney always shines through! So does yours! Thanks so much for reading and all the great comments you've left along the way!

A glass or maybe two....;)

By the way SparklyDiva, we sent you two a PM.

Rob

How about three? I say three!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: OMG exactly! I don't know why, but this RapidFill nonsense makes me so angry. I mean, really...I know people use their mugs over and over (I haven't, but I don't care if other people do!) but come on! You're seriously losing THAT much money??? Sad.

Awww, leaving Disney is the worst! :sad1: But at least you had your best friend to pick you up, and you got to spend a few days with her, that seems like a good way to end a Disney trip!

I feel the same way about Disney, I feel SO lucky to have something in my life to make me so happy! :upsidedow And when you add my husband and music to that equation(I have my own Hanson, lol, but they're a local band, and sadly they don't play much anymore...they're playing the night before Thanksgiving and I am SO excited, it's crazy! I haven't seen them since last August and I'm so ready to just go insane!!! :cool1:) I'm actually a pretty lucky girl! I know I whine a lot on twitter about not being able to go to Disney, but I KNOW I will be back, and I know you will too! :goodvibes I might not know when, but I do know it will happen, and because this past year has been so much of a struggle, I feel like when I set foot on Disney property, it will be SUCH a feeling of just pure happiness and relief and success and finally knowing my struggle is OVER! :hyper::hyper::hyper: I just feel like I will appreciate it so much more, after being so miserable this past year.

I'm looking forward to Birthday Festivus!!! Already got a little preview in Jess' report, so I know it's going to be awesome!

I wouldn't say it makes me angry. It does makes me roll my eyes. It's annoying, stupid, and transparent.

It was the perfect way to end the trip, honestly! I was very excited I didn't have to go straight home.

You're so right!! Waiting for a trip a long time makes it even more exciting when you finally get there! I'm happy you have your own Hanson as well. Having a Hanson is important!! YAY that you get to see them! I'll see Hanson in November and I'M SO EXCITED I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Thanks! It's gonna be an epic report!!

I can't wait for LeFrou's Brew to change my world. Before I will take my first sip, I will raise my glass to the north in your direction (JK...I don't know my directions in Florida, so it'll just be in the air) and say "To Lia!" and then take my refreshing first sip! Then BAM! World changed.

What can I say? Wreck It Ralph has always been my main man! We just connected!

YAY THAT THE TOT MUG WAS STILL THERE IN MAY!! I WILL GET IT AND LOVE IT FOREVER!!

Oh weight limits...those pesky things! On my 2010 trip, I struggled and struggled and struggled to just CLOSE my suitcase and my friend sat on the bed watching my feeble attempts, laughing and believing it'd be over the weight limit. It wasn't but hers was. Luggage karma was so sweet.

The ME video on the way back is awful. You said it was "like someone slowly ripping your heart out using crude tools" but you forgot to multiply that pain times infinity! And the worst part? I DON'T GET TO SEE THE TRIP FROM THE AIRPORT TO WDW BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO GARRET'S DAD'S FIRST, SO I ONLY GET THE ONE ON THE WAY BACK AND IT'S AWFUL! Let's move on before I cry.

WAHHHHHH I am so sad you left Disney! You describe the feelings so perfectly. I just get it. I totally understand the depth of your conflicting feelings. It's hard when you never want something to end, but you also know that the time for it to end has come.

Life is funny. It's interesting to think about the smallest things that make all the difference. To know that had this trip been booked a few days earlier or later, it may have never unfolded the way it did. Who knows where you could've been stuck or stranded had you been in home? Maybe it would've been even worse than the blizzard that ruined your Halloween. But it worked out. It's always interesting to me that often the very best and the very worst things in our lives are unplanned and surprising. I'm glad this time, it worked out in your favor.

YOU MAKE ME HAVE SUCH DEEP THOUGHTS!! That's why your trip report is so perfect! I was so deep in thought that my boyfriend thought I was no longer "Dis-ing". :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your Florida trip! I don't even care if it's not Disney, because I'm going to make my readers get through that at the beginning of my upcoming TR! ;)

hahaha OMG a LeFou's Brew dedicated to me??? :cloud9: WOOHOO!

YAY I hope you get the mug!

LOL "luggage karma". Yeah on my 2008 trip I had to ship a box home cause I just couldn't fit everything! Probably cause Jack Skellington string lights were on sale and I had to buy several sets. Oops.

AWW! Yeah, there's no 2 ways about it, the ME ride back is gonna be rough. But all the magical moments you will have had on the trip will get you through it!

That is so true. It's crazy. Honestly if Hanson hadn't been playing on October 22 & 23 then I would have planned the trip closer to Halloween and the whole thing may have had to be canceled! CAN YOU IMAGINE. Oh my God. I would have been so sad and disappointed, I can't even imagine. I'm sure that happened to a lot of people and I feel for them cause I would have lost it.

LOL I'm glad I provoke some deep thought! Go me!!

The non-Disney stuff should be at least mildly interesting, hahaha. Gina and I have a lot of fun no matter where we are so it's all good!

I love it. I'm so glad Gina got to go after such a big break. I hope she had fun & can't wait to hear all about birthdayfestivus!!!

It's just so sad to leave disney. I cry every time, no matter what. I'm glad you had a good morning to soften the sadness that is leaving the happiest place on earth.

Lia!!!!!! I have told you this already but I am so excited to read about Birthday Festivus!!!!!!!!!! I'm also SO SO SO excited that I will be coming to Disney to see you and trade pins and eat cupcakes and look for my future husband at Splitsville next time you come! :cool1: :D I loved this trip report! I definitely teared up over the Leave a Legacy tiles. I miss 2000! Hahaha. LOL TTYL LYLAS BBFFAEAEAE

I love it. I'm so glad Gina got to go after such a big break. I hope she had fun & can't wait to hear all about birthdayfestivus!!!

It's just so sad to leave disney. I cry every time, no matter what. I'm glad you had a good morning to soften the sadness that is leaving the happiest place on earth.

Me too! She really is a huge Disney fan she just didn't have the opportunity to go again, so when she finally did... it was huge. I can't wait to tell everyone all about it!

Lia!!!!!! I have told you this already but I am so excited to read about Birthday Festivus!!!!!!!!!! I'm also SO SO SO excited that I will be coming to Disney to see you and trade pins and eat cupcakes and look for my future husband at Splitsville next time you come! :cool1: :D I loved this trip report! I definitely teared up over the Leave a Legacy tiles. I miss 2000! Hahaha. LOL TTYL LYLAS BBFFAEAEAE

GINA!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED YOU BOUGHT PINS TO TRADE :-) hahahaha OH MY GOD. I bet Casey misses you so much. I bet he is crying right now and cursing the heavens because he keeps expecting you to come back into Splitsville and you are not showing up.

I miss 2000 VERY VERY VERY VERY MUCH.

BBFFAEAEAE,
~CAR

So this is one of the first trip reports I've read here, but I've been reading trip reports elsewhere for a while and this is undoubtedly one of the best I've read.

What an amazingly detailed report of a crazy and fun trip!

Awe man, I never thought of putting the brew in the mug to save for later! SO SMART!
Oh my gosh I totally get that with the video with the ride back to the airport and everything, like way to group a bunch of people who are all sad about leaving Disney and running high with emotions all together in one place. I usually throw my ear phones in and listen to FOTLK again a couple of times to attempt to pretend I’m still there! Lol.

Okay, I’m totally going to cry reading this. The only thing worse than leaving Disney on that bus is leaving Disney alone, I love my solo trips, but I just got back from a trip with my Mom and a friend of hers, but we had separate departing flights, and this was a trip that really just solidified that I belong down there, and reminded me WHY I have gone through 5 auditions of “no thank you” and why I want to continue to go to all these auditions to at least try and be part of the magic. It was not a fun trip back lol. I would have totally ran off to sign an apartment lease if I could!

So happy that you and Gina got to go back so soon!

Ugh, seriously girl, you are one of those people who’s heart and soul is Disney, and you belong down there, you deserve to be down there, working for the mouse, having the time of your life. One of the very great things about the disboards is it brings together people who share a special connection of Disney, and it opens people’s eyes to what truly loving Disney is, it’s not just a theme park, it’s a home, and for so many of us, it’s more of a home than real home is. I really do hope that you end up down there at some point to work, even if it’s not permanent, I know you’ll make an amazing cast member and that you will value your time down there like it’s the greatest thing in the world. The magic is certainly in you!

Also I have to say that I thought of you a lot during MNSSHP, especially when I was solo, and the fact that on that solo night I walked into the princess room and there was no Eugene….turned out he was just late…but still, made me think of your shenanigans!

UGH, CRYING…especially at Gina’s comment!

Oh my gosh, thank you SO much for sharing all of your adnvetures throughout this crazy trip with us. It truly was magical, and the style of your writing was absolutely wonderful, you had me tearing up, crying, laughing, everything, it was amazing. I really hope that you get to return to Disney sooner rather than later, and am so very excited to read all about birthday festivus!

So sad to see this TR end, but I'm super-excited-cant-wait for Birthday Festivus!! :banana::banana:

Also - TOTALLY agree on the rapid fill mugs. UGH. It must have been a psychotic break. That's the only thing that could explain it. :confused3

Hi Lia... I am currently at Disney but I'm leaving first thing tomorrow after 7 fabulous days here. Couldn't help but think of you and your recent account of how sad it is to leave. Trying to look forward to the next trip but I, like you, have no idea when that will be. :( we can be Disney miserable together, okay? :)

So this is one of the first trip reports I've read here, but I've been reading trip reports elsewhere for a while and this is undoubtedly one of the best I've read.

What an amazingly detailed report of a crazy and fun trip!

Thank you so much! That's a great compliment. I used to read reports on the PassPorter boards back in the day, but besides that it's mostly been here. Anyway thanks!

I haven't read in awhile but finally caught up. Love your reports.

Thanks so much!

Awe man, I never thought of putting the brew in the mug to save for later! SO SMART!
Oh my gosh I totally get that with the video with the ride back to the airport and everything, like way to group a bunch of people who are all sad about leaving Disney and running high with emotions all together in one place. I usually throw my ear phones in and listen to FOTLK again a couple of times to attempt to pretend I’m still there! Lol.

Okay, I’m totally going to cry reading this. The only thing worse than leaving Disney on that bus is leaving Disney alone, I love my solo trips, but I just got back from a trip with my Mom and a friend of hers, but we had separate departing flights, and this was a trip that really just solidified that I belong down there, and reminded me WHY I have gone through 5 auditions of “no thank you” and why I want to continue to go to all these auditions to at least try and be part of the magic. It was not a fun trip back lol. I would have totally ran off to sign an apartment lease if I could!

So happy that you and Gina got to go back so soon!

Ugh, seriously girl, you are one of those people who’s heart and soul is Disney, and you belong down there, you deserve to be down there, working for the mouse, having the time of your life. One of the very great things about the disboards is it brings together people who share a special connection of Disney, and it opens people’s eyes to what truly loving Disney is, it’s not just a theme park, it’s a home, and for so many of us, it’s more of a home than real home is. I really do hope that you end up down there at some point to work, even if it’s not permanent, I know you’ll make an amazing cast member and that you will value your time down there like it’s the greatest thing in the world. The magic is certainly in you!

Also I have to say that I thought of you a lot during MNSSHP, especially when I was solo, and the fact that on that solo night I walked into the princess room and there was no Eugene….turned out he was just late…but still, made me think of your shenanigans!

UGH, CRYING…especially at Gina’s comment!

Oh my gosh, thank you SO much for sharing all of your adnvetures throughout this crazy trip with us. It truly was magical, and the style of your writing was absolutely wonderful, you had me tearing up, crying, laughing, everything, it was amazing. I really hope that you get to return to Disney sooner rather than later, and am so very excited to read all about birthday festivus!

Yeahhh I'm the Brew expert. :lmao:

I know. That video is just too much. I am not looking forward to the next time I take that ride back to the airport! Luckily I've been able to go to Gina's the last two times and I've avoided it!

Aww. Katt, I know how you feel. If you really think you belong down there, maybe you should take a non-entertainment role for the meantime and keep auditioning. You could always transition into entertainment.

Thank you SO much! You are so sweet. I don't think moving to Florida is going to happen anytime soon. The problem is I just have too many dreams to balance them and fit them all in. I wish Disney was my only dream, if it was I'd be down there right now and that would be a HECK of a lot easier than all my other dreams! Sigh. I would love to be a Cast Member, and you're right I would hold it in the highest regard and take it seriously... but what I think I need to do with my life is film & tv & music, writing, performing, and producing... as you can see I have MANY dreams hahaha. I think at this point moving to Florida would be stalling all of that just to have fun as a CM for awhile and I gotta get down to BUSINESS, girl! haha. But I wish you the best and hope you get cast sometime soon. If not don't stop trying! The magic is in you too!

How sweet of you to think of me during MNSSHP! That's crazy that Eugene wasn't there when you walked in, omg. I don't think I could handle that again without having some kind of Disney heart attack. LOL.

Thank you for reading and leaving such nice comments!! <3

So sad to see this TR end, but I'm super-excited-cant-wait for Birthday Festivus!! :banana::banana:

Also - TOTALLY agree on the rapid fill mugs. UGH. It must have been a psychotic break. That's the only thing that could explain it. :confused3

YAY thanks! I can't wait to share it with all of you!

I know. It seems like it's just going to make things very complicated. It's ridiculous!

Hi Lia... I am currently at Disney but I'm leaving first thing tomorrow after 7 fabulous days here. Couldn't help but think of you and your recent account of how sad it is to leave. Trying to look forward to the next trip but I, like you, have no idea when that will be. :( we can be Disney miserable together, okay? :)

Aww! I'm glad you had a magical trip even though you had to come home. Disney would never be as special if we never had to go home though... so it's bittersweet. I'm sure you'll be back before ya know it.

NOVEMBER 1-NOVEMBER 3, 2012
#StuckAtGinas12: The Bonus Chapters!

November 1

On the way to Gina's house, we made a list of the Disney movies we were going to watch.

A6oiDirCcAADdHz.jpg

Gina was hungry. LOL. She and I are kind of famous for our movie marathons. In middle school, other kids like... went out and did things. We sat in my room and watched every Brat Pack and Scream movie. Like every day after school. Over and over. I miss those days!

When we arrived at her house, I got to meet Gina's dad's boat. He didn't name it, so Gina and her mom named it The Alan Rickman. I highly approve of this name!!!!

Gina showed me the guest room and I was SO happy when I saw this waiting for me on the guest bed:

A6oqkRQCEAAgHE4.jpg

HOW AWESOME IS THAT!??!! If I had to give up my All Stars comforter this was not a bad replacement!!

I also finally got to meet Gina's kitten Katniss. She rescued Katniss when she was a teeny frail little newborn and I couldn't wait to meet her!

A6qhhdmCQAAzHij.jpg

She is not that fond of strangers, but she warmed up to me eventually. I love her!

We decided we needed snacks for our marathons, so we headed out to Publix! I was excited to visit this store because I had heard so many raves about it from people who go there during their Disney trips.

I immediately liked it there because the potato chips had a face and they also had a lot of Disney stuff!

A6o1ROuCYAMYM-4.jpg

9537929143_af5f556d2b_z.jpg

We got a bunch of junk food and stuff but I actually got some healthy things too! I had been eating so much, I figured I should put some veggies down the hatch for a change.

Of course I still ate a ton of crap too though. Cheese doodles are kind of our thing.

9537860105_cfbeb35d43_z.jpg

We actually even have a word for them in our Secret Language, which has been going since 1999. However, if I told you that word I would have to kill you, and I'm just not in the mood for that right now!

Kitty!!!

9540648380_0b5e935d9f_z.jpg

I noticed Gina had a magnet on her fridge that I brought her back from one of my trips... I wanna say it was in 2002, but I'm not sure.

9540648704_88bcfdb732_z.jpg

We also went to Wal*Mart and I found this AWESOME Mickey Mouse shirt!

9537928831_d2e80e4114_z.jpg

I loved that it is pixelated, because it made me think of Wreck It Ralph, which we had plans to see the very next day. It was only $7.99 too!

That night we made pizza, popcorn, watched A Goofy Movie (and sang every word to Dr. Looney's Remedy during the previews) and Aladdin.

9537859275_f38d83fae8_z.jpg

Sleepy kitty wasn't the only one who was out cold. I WAS SO TIRED!

November 2

@babybritney: I'm going through that thing right now where it just feels flat out unnatural to not be in Disney.

I woke up sad that I wasn't in Disney, but I was very excited for the day ahead because we were going to see WRECK-IT RALPH!!!!! I was happy that we were doing such Disney related things. This whole easing my way out of Disney thing was a LOT easier than taking the Magical Express and getting slammed with reality. Gina and I quickly decided I should do this every time I go to Disney.

We slept in and lazed about for hours. The movie wasn't until 4:45 so we just vegged out. It was nice to just totally rest and be lazy after 12 days of Disney craziness!

Later that afternoon we arrived at the theatre SO PUMPED!!!!! IT WAS TIME TO WRECK IT!!!!

9537928733_174daf65f0_z.jpg

This was one of the most exciting trips to the movies ever because I was just so pumped up from just having been in Disney all that time. I definitely caught into the Ralph hype while I was there and it was so great to be going to one of the first shows on the film's opening day!

Okay so... we both obviously LOVED the movie (and I loved and cried during Paperman - that has to be one of my favorite shorts of all time). It is one of the most inventive, original, and creative things Disney has ever done. I have watched it many times since then and it just does not get old. I am so happy that Disney is still creating movies this good. With this, Brave, Toy Story 3, Princess & the Frog, and especially Tangled... I am just overwhelmed by the excellence of what the studio has produced in recent years. Walt would be proud.

There is one thing I have to note about this theatre experience. I seriously believe that some people had gotten high before coming to watch Wreck It Ralph. I'm not kidding. Gina and I got such a kick out of it because these people were HYSTERICALLY LAUGHING at parts that weren't even comedic. I swear, one character would just simply turn around and they would explode with laughter. Like over the top, knee slapping, sitcom laughter. And if the part in the film actually was supposed to be funny, FORGET IT. They couldn't breathe they were laughing so hard! Gina and I would laugh at the film, but then laugh even harder at the people in the audience! It was so hilarious and we still talk about that to this day.

After the movie we walked around the mall a little bit. We met this dude at Journey's who kept trying to sell us shoes even though we repeatedly told him we had literally like no money at all. You had to be there, but we thought it was soooo funny. He was just really weird, like one of those "Hey, nice to meet you, here is my whole life story" people and we got a kick out of that conversation.

Disney stuff at Claire's!!

9540718124_278a48b1d7_z.jpg

Once we got back to Gina's, I met Snodgrass!!

9540718932_1d9c5c3b8b_z.jpg

This is the large turtle that hangs out at her house sometimes. When you live in Florida, giant turtles wander onto your lawn.

We just hung out all night watching more movies and eating more pizza! A flawless night if I do say so myself. We had gone to Redbox and rented two super weird movies I had already seen, The Cabin in the Woods and Coraline. Gina agreed that they were super weird and then we went to bed. LOL. I was very excited about the next day because we were going to explore Sarasota!

November 3

The next morning, we again slept in and took our time getting ready. Hey, this is Florida... relaxation is the name of the game baby!

We drove to Sarasota and went to this nice area on the water with a ton of cool shops and restaurants called St. Armand's.

9537458567_7af01bf2b0_z.jpg

After getting Starbucks, we just walked around awhile.

YAY Halloween decorations!

9537458289_60bf87a452_z.jpg

That pumpkin is wearing quite a lot of make-up. Go gurl.

A lot of the shops at St. Armand's are pretty expensive, so I didn't buy much. I did end up getting some things at the Spice and Tea Exchange though. Their stuff is AMAZING. I got a California Blend of spices that was delicious, a bag of quinoa, and a jar of Basil for my mom. The Spice and Tea Exchange also sells their stuff out of Downtown Disney, which is where I had originally seen it. I highly recommend any of their products!

9538074735_45d395b301_z.jpg

9540865056_74658dce30_z.jpg

9538075355_812e58361b_z.jpg

9540865708_e4eae6a27c_z.jpg

9538075945_6796bdac32_z.jpg

I really like it there! I highly recommend it if you are in the area. We went back there in May and I have a feeling we will go back many times in the future.

After that we went to Chipotle which was EXTREMELY NECESSARY. I hate when I hear about people going to chain restaurants while they travel. The best way to get a taste (no pun intended) of where you are visiting is to check out the independently owned places all the locals frequent.

But look, I am addicted. I needed my Chipotle. Plus, Gina had never had it before and really wanted to try it. We went to a local favorite the next night, so stay tuned for that!

We hung out awhile and eventually drove home and stopped at Splash!

9538074499_7d46052b3b_z.jpg

This is basically a huge surf shop. If you're familiar with Ron Jon, it's similar to that (though I'd say Ron Jon is better) or any beach shop on the boardwalk. I got my mom a rope bracelet and we headed on our way!

That night, we watched the first part of the SyFy version of Alice in Wonderland. I am rarely confused by TV and movies, like usually when someone describes media as "confusing", I'm like "ooh, I have to see that." However, I'm not sure I got what was going on! It was a VERY different interpretation of Alice. I appreciate anything that's different so I thought that part was very cool. Plus, it featured Kathy Bates and Tim Curry, two people who are flawless. I will have to watch the second part sometime!

I love Katniss.

A61FlNsCcAAYnK5.jpg

She is a bit scratchy so I very highly appreciate when she is nicely curled up next to me all sleepy. AWW now I miss her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter