"I'M STUCK IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!" A Delightfully Unliveable TR ~ NEW TR 9/27!!!!!!!!!!!

We just got back from Disneyland and I had to tell you that I was totally thinking of you on our trip! The first time was when we stopped to meet Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. She has her own m&g area and Flynn is usually there with her. The second time was on what must have been our 100th time walking past the House of Blues in DTD, when I noticed that Hanson is going to be there on September 25th.

Really enjoying your latest TR and I would love to read a DLR one in the future! Have you thought about making a trip out there?

Oh Hanson. I'm trying to convince someone that I NEED to see my favorite boys in my favorite place, but it's going to take a lot of work. :) loved your Instagram pics. I swear, they get cuter & cuter.

Ugh, all the food! Food & wine looks just oh so amazing. Seriously though what is with that German brat?? That is much too large for that roll & hello, pretzel rolls need to be savored.

I wish I knew what the cute German boy looked like! I might have seen him over the weekend. Usually I drool over the British boys but I found myself in Germany quite a bit longer than I usually am. Um, adorable!!

I never thought about it, but sitting by the fountain in France watching illuminations sounds pretty nice. Very laid back. Good choice!

I'd be moping around Mousegears too. I'm right there with ya. At least you discovered some disney details, which is always good. :)

"Oh Hanson" is right. Why do you have to convince someone else? Just go!!

Thank you. :-) As for the cuter thing, eh, they're okay. Average at best. :lmao:

I agree! I needed a Le Cellier sized pretzel roll for that!

He looks like a German boy. hahahaha. He just has that look. Blonde hair, blue eyes, tall and gorgeous. Sigh!!

It was lovely!

I agree about the details, that definitely cheered me up a bit!

So... My cousin and I were talking about your trip report this weekend. One, because it is epic and she needed to know about it. She has never been to WDW. And two, we were both obsessed with Hanson while growing up. We are from Oklahoma and swore that if we could just make it to Tulsa, they would see us and fall in love and we would live happily ever after. That obviously didn't happen and our love for them is not nearly what it used to be but we love seeing them in pics and hearing their new songs. I showed her your Instagram and she loved all the pics with the boys!!!

Aww that's great!! YAY HANSON.

Hey Lia gurlie!!!

Just dropping by to let you know that I finally have the time to catch up on your awesome TR.

I'm now on Day 5 part 4 and I notice that you have a tiny bottle of Simple's make-up remover! I just wanted to say something about that.

Another thing, I'll be in Tokyo Disney next Feb and just want to know if there's anything you'd like for me to pick up for you. Um...I'm not sure what I did with your address so if you could PM it to me, that would be dandy. If you don't have any requests, I'll probably send you a popcorn bucket?

Love you! Now back to the awesomeness :goodvibes

EDIT: Forgot to add that I drew Stitch too! Except ours was the basic kind and I think mine looks really derpy... Also, we had Via Napoli for the first time ever too and OH MY GAWD, you do not exaggerate about it being Heaven on Earth. Andrew and I think of that meal all the time now.

Hey Yuki!!

I had no idea what you were talking about regarding the make-up remover... then I realized it was Lee-Anne's.

Omg. Thank you so much for the thought even. You are too kind. AND SO LUCKY! I want to go to TDR more than like any other Disney park. I really can't even begin to decide what I would want! Well, probably a pin or something Tangled related. HMM.

Via Napoli is perfect. Hope you enjoy the rest of the TR!

Hey, Lia-

I have been reading your TR for several weeks, and I have FINALLY caught up. Gosh, I feel like I know you. Both for the fact that I have been reading your report for so long now (which makes me feel like we have been having this wonderful conversation about my FAVORITE place in the world), AND for the fact that you would soooo fit into my family. :hug: My sister and I are just like you, Jess, and many of the others in the group (except for the fact that we could be your mothers....*sigh*:rolleyes2). We still get that same giggly feeling upon entering our Happy Place. Every time. People don't get it, but it doesn't matter. We know there are so many people out there, like you, that do totally get it. pixiedust:

Carry on my sister-friend. I love reading your reports. You have a G.R.E.A.T. writing style. :artist: Makes we kind feel like I'm right there with you, skipping along with giddy enjoyment. :flower3:

I got to do a short solo trip myself while working a convention down there once. I LURVED IT! The only downer was that I did many cool things that I knew my sis would have enjoyed doing with me. :(

Cheers!

Linda

P.S. My sister (Burly on the Boards) also reads your reports. We are in two different states now (Illinois and Maryland), so it's always fun when we happen to catch each other on the same TR's.

Aww that's wonderful!! Thank you so much! Thank your sister for me as well. I'm so glad you guys enjoy my report so much. Thanks for the lovely compliments.

I somehow LOST your TR. Idk where it's been. :confused3 But that's really not okay.

Anywho...I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything around The Laugh Floor. It is all just so clever and funny, I could spend so much time just looking at it! :goodvibes I also agree, there should be more. GIVE ME FUNNY MONSTER JOKES!! :hyper:

I'm sorry that everyone was so rude in the non-lines for villains! Maybe they just thought it was an "act like a villain to meet a villain" kind of thing? You did get some good pictures though! They do a great job with Maleficent! She was one of the few I met years ago and I loved how she looked! So excited for her movie! :thumbsup2

TARZAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint: :blush: Oh my.

HAHAHA I love how you didn't want to meet Jafar. One time Jafar headed my way in a parade and I not-so-discreetly blurted "EW! JAFAR!" And he kinda shrugged like :confused3 "What did I do?" Um...EVERYTHING LIA MENTIONED! For starters...a princess: does not belong in a :hourglass

I love Alice and Wonderland. I love every version, book or movie, that I have seen. They are all wonderful in their own ways and it's all delightful. Love, love, love. And then the Mad Hatter fist pumped and everyone was like NO.

OMG and then you met Tarzan & Jane & Terk! They look so adorable and perfect and Tarzan!!!! Again...OH. MY. :blush: Tarzan sounds so cute and adorable and hilarious. And you are just so sweet for passing on so much wisdom to him! ::yes:: Orange Tarzan kills me! :rotfl:

OMG...that 4 year old Belle that you met completely melted my heart. Seriously I'm in tears. What an angel. I love her.

I love your B&tB wine glass. Like I need one. LIKE WHY ARE ALL OF MY WINE GLASSES NOT DISNEY ONES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? They should be. Because, like you, wine is very important to me too. And it should be enjoyed in glasses as equally enjoyable.

Your picture of Gaston's statue in front of his tavern is splendid. I very much enjoyed looking at it. Also...thank you for the LeFou's Brew tips. Because I would've never known otherwise and now I'm prepared to FINALLY try it next month. What would I do without you?

BUS ROULETTE SOUNDS AMAZING!! I LOVE THAT YOU ENDED UP AT DHS BECAUSE...WELL ITS DHS!! I WANNA PLAY!!! Hooray for short TSM waits and Merida drawings and Wreck It Ralph. HOORAY FOR HOLLYWOOD.

AND THEN YOU SAW WRECK IT RALPH FOR ME!! (I have two tabs open right now so I read and then whenever I have a thought, I go over and type it and go back...if you are wondering why this seems so silly/all over the place!) GOODNESS I AM SOOOO EXCITED THAT YOU DID END UP GOING TO THEM!! I LOVE THEM!! I LOVED THEM BEFORE I "KNEW" THEM. AHHHHHHHHHHH!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for getting the pictures for me!! That movie blew me away more than I expected, and like I said, I loved them before then...hence the desperation for you to go! THANK YOU AGAIN!!

And now my heart is dying all over again because...TOWER OF TERROR MUG!!! I NEED THAT LIKE I NEED WRECK IT RALPH IN MY LIFE! LIKE I NEED DISNEY WINE GLASSES!! AND I NEED ALL OF THE AFOREMENTIONED THINGS LIKE I NEED AIR!! That mug had better be there when I return because I need because my obsession with ToT is on another dimension. (See what I did there?! :rotfl:) Was it found at Rosie's? I will SCOUR that whole park and not leave until I own one.

My heart aches for you not being able to go to Disney this fall. I have not been since July 2011 (OVER TWO FREAKING YEARS) and it hurts and is painful and the worst part throughout it all was NOT KNOWING when I would be back. So I'm thinking of you, and really truly feeling for you because it SUCKS not being able to return to your happy place. IF I COULD TAKE YOU I WOULD AND I SINCERELY MEAN THAT. I'll send pixie dust your way that all your wishes will come true!

I ESPECIALLY CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK ON SPLASH!! LIKE...OMG...I am going to probably just explode. I will spontaneously combust into tiny bits of joy. Like I know if we ever stay at WDW together, we obviously want to stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel...but I think we should spend at least one night in the Br'er Patch, a la Shawn & Corey. Automatic shower first thing!

I love that your glasses are the only Chanel you own. I HAD a pair and they were the only Gucci I owned...and then the broke. It was pretty traumatizing, so good job on protecting yours.

AHHH!! BLAST PEOPLE WHO DON'T RESEARCH DISNEY TRIPS!! (Read that in Captain Hooks voice, k thanks.) Yeah...great idea to spend Halloween in the MK. Did you assume that they would do something special? Because you would be right. But you would be silly to assume that a business would make something so spectacularly special free. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

I love your love for Hanson. It's very moving and I thought you should know I admire it.

I HAVE STILL NEVER TRIED SCHOOL BREAD AND I WILL NOT LEAVE WITHOUT MAKING THAT MISTAKE AGAIN! I SWEAR TO YOU!!

I am also always perplexed as to why the bratwurst is twice as big as the bun. That alone makes me skeptical of trying it, because I doubt I'll want to eat the part without bun because I am weird about food.

Your story of college guys on Mission: Space during their Spring Break was truly heart warming. You really DO meet the best people in Disney.

AHHH EXPERIMENTAL PUMPKIN CARVING OF TOMORROW!!! My life is now complete after seeing that, because really, could it BE anymore awesome?

I LOVE THAT YOU LEFT A LEGACY AND THAT YOU GOT TO SEE IT AGAIN IN COLOR. I wish I had been to Disney during that time. You are soooooo lucky to forever be etched in EPCOT. I will forever be jealous, unless they ever etch my face permanently somewhere in the parks.

And...I hope you enjoyed that novel. You're welcome.

Hey! Aww, thanks so much for the long and thoughtful comment. I love it!

I'm glad you understand my disdain for Jafar. When I see him, I'm like, get away from me you freak!

I'm also glad you find my LeFou's Brew tips helpful!! I am to change the world with my LeFou's Brew tips so this is very important!

You really are like the ORIGINAL Wreck-It Ralph fan. I don't know anyone who was so into it way before it even came out like you were. You have very good foresight because obviously now everyone loves Ralph!!

That Tower of Terror mug was still for sale in May and not just at Hollywood Studios. They offer it at several different locations, I'm sure you will come across it! I did get mine at Rosie's though. The B&tB wine glasses were also still in Village Gifts in May as well, so I hope everything is still there for you!

Aww thank you! You're so sweet. Don't worry about me, I'm sure many, many Disney adventures await me in the future! I am so happy you get to go back after over a 2 year absence! Your trip is gonna be all the more special because of your long wait.

I am all for spending a night in the Briar Patch hahahaha

Sorry about your glasses. That blows. I've had mine for over 3 years now and I'm worried they are going to break. Honestly, I drop them and stuff semi-often and I'm surprised nothing has happened to them. I think a lot of designer items are overpriced but Chanel really makes their items with care and uses the best materials because my glasses are still like new. If only I could afford an entire Chanel wardrobe!

I love that you mentioned hearing that in Captain Hook's voice because I imitate his voice ALL THE TIME. Every time I see anything Peter Pan I say "PEEETAAHHH PAANNN!" in Hook's accent. I'm so fun to be around. :-)

Aww, you're really sweet. Thank you. Hanson is everything! Next to Disney they are the most special thing in my life and my greatest passion. <3

I loved those guys! I could not believe they skipped their Spring Break to hang with their friend. That is true love/friendship right there!

I hope your face is someday etched into Disney as well!!

I did enjoy it! haha <3 Thank you!

Please let us know when you start posting your new TR.

Oh trust me I will! This one still has a little way to go, though!

Soooo I just got caught up again...WHILE FLYING TO DISNEY WORLD.

Hahaha, I'm still an hour away from landing, but had to comment because your updates were PERFECT for me to read. Especially your final nigh at MK. It just made me even MORE excited to go to MNSSHP! Not sure how that is possible, but it is happening, all due to your update.

I know the reasoning for being stuck in Disney was bummer, but this trip was amazing to read about. I loved every single bit of it, and loved seeing how much fun you had with it. Thank you for sharing such an amazing experience with us, and I cannot WAIT to read about the birthday festivus!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

YAYAYAYAYAY DANI YOU'RE IN DISNEY!! I am so enjoying following along with your trip on Twitter and Instagram. As I have said many times, you guys are adorable and I love the way you do Disney. I am very much looking forward to the Trip Report!!

I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MNSSHP.

We just got back from Disneyland and I had to tell you that I was totally thinking of you on our trip! The first time was when we stopped to meet Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. She has her own m&g area and Flynn is usually there with her. The second time was on what must have been our 100th time walking past the House of Blues in DTD, when I noticed that Hanson is going to be there on September 25th.

Really enjoying your latest TR and I would love to read a DLR one in the future! Have you thought about making a trip out there?

How sweet of you to think of me! I know about the Tangled M&G area at Disneyland, it's AMAZING and I'm so jealous. I wish they would just do that here. You're so lucky you got to meet them!!

I wish I could get out to California for Hanson! One of these tours, it'll happen.

Thank you so much! Yes I have thought about going to DLR my whole life and dreamed about it EXCESSIVELY. The past few years I have extensively researched and I am sure you will see me visit Disneyland sometime in the near future.

Loved reading your TR :thumbsup2

Thanks so much!

Hi, Lia-

I was watching a movie earlier today (Dream House) and Naomi Watts is in it. I kept looking at her like she looked so familiar. "Who does she remind me of?", I asked myself.

Then it hit me - she reminded me of you from all of your TR pics. How nice to resemble a beautiful movie star. *sigh* :cheer2:

I know you get mistaken for a CM all the time, but has anyone ever told you that you looked like a celebrity?

Anyhoo, carry on......

Cheers!

Linda

Long-time lurker here, new at posting! I have LOVED reading your TR! Thank you for helping create huge anticipation for our December trip!

Great update! Isn't it nice meeting other people at Disney? Always makes the trip more fun for me to hear about their stories. How nice of the two young dudes to be such great friends, it really did pay off!

OMG, school bread is my only regret from my trip. I think it was the only thing on my must-eat list that I skipped. Now I really really regret it even more. Only regret, haha. I had Karamell Kuche instead :rolleyes2

Great pumpkins again, we LOVE carving pumpkins and decorating our house for halloween! Except neither of us are particularly artistic, but we try anyway. Last year I was pretty proud of my grumpy cat pumpkin, haha.

I can't believe you finally made it to your last day. Your leave a legacy with your mom and dad to the side was so cute! You and your mom are both adorable.

I'm glad to hear your life is looking up these days :goodvibes Good luck with everything!

If you're referencing the fact that I'll probably marry Leonardo DiCaprio and we'll have a son named Leo JR, you're exactly right. :rotfl: I mean... Taylor Hanson is my man but it's good to know that if that doesn't workout I have a back-up. :laughing:

Umm actually yes that is exactly what I was referencing. Aaaaand since you are an actress and a supermodel obviously it gives you an edge because you know, that's how Leo likes em :rolleyes1 and Adam Levine :rolleyes1 I'm just saying in case Leo or Hanson aren't available you need a "Plan C".

Hey Lia, I'm at Day 8 and just wanted to slip in to say that reading your TR makes me feel like I'm in the Disney bubble. It brings me right back to the parks. Thank you SO much for that. Especially since I'm in such a different place right now(Beijing). I just needed to tell you how happy reading your TR makes me. <3

Hi, Lia-

I was watching a movie earlier today (Dream House) and Naomi Watts is in it. I kept looking at her like she looked so familiar. "Who does she remind me of?", I asked myself.

Then it hit me - she reminded me of you from all of your TR pics. How nice to resemble a beautiful movie star. *sigh* :cheer2:

I know you get mistaken for a CM all the time, but has anyone ever told you that you looked like a celebrity?

Anyhoo, carry on......

Cheers!

Linda

Well that's quite a compliment! This past May I actually worked on a film Naomi stars in. I don't think I look like her but we both do have the pale, blue eyes, blonde hair thing going on!

Tons of people tell me I look like Amanda Seyfried which annoys me because she is not what I'd call a good actress. But I guess it's a good thing. If she was able to make it, I probably can.

Long-time lurker here, new at posting! I have LOVED reading your TR! Thank you for helping create huge anticipation for our December trip!

Thank you so much! Have you read my trip report from December 2011? That may make you even more excited.. :banana:

Great update! Isn't it nice meeting other people at Disney? Always makes the trip more fun for me to hear about their stories. How nice of the two young dudes to be such great friends, it really did pay off!

OMG, school bread is my only regret from my trip. I think it was the only thing on my must-eat list that I skipped. Now I really really regret it even more. Only regret, haha. I had Karamell Kuche instead :rolleyes2

Great pumpkins again, we LOVE carving pumpkins and decorating our house for halloween! Except neither of us are particularly artistic, but we try anyway. Last year I was pretty proud of my grumpy cat pumpkin, haha.

I can't believe you finally made it to your last day. Your leave a legacy with your mom and dad to the side was so cute! You and your mom are both adorable.

I'm glad to hear your life is looking up these days :goodvibes Good luck with everything!

Yes, I love it. I meet so many great people but those boys and their story really warmed my heart!

OOH make sure you get it next time!!

So do I! Everything Halloween just gets me so over the top excited. I definitely wanna copy a few of those carvings!

Thank you so much!!

If you're referencing the fact that I'll probably marry Leonardo DiCaprio and we'll have a son named Leo JR, you're exactly right. :rotfl: I mean... Taylor Hanson is my man but it's good to know that if that doesn't workout I have a back-up. :laughing:

Umm actually yes that is exactly what I was referencing. Aaaaand since you are an actress and a supermodel obviously it gives you an edge because you know, that's how Leo likes em :rolleyes1 and Adam Levine :rolleyes1 I'm just saying in case Leo or Hanson aren't available you need a "Plan C".

Adam Levine is all yours!! lol. I'll take Johnny Depp. :thumbsup2

Hey Lia, I'm at Day 8 and just wanted to slip in to say that reading your TR makes me feel like I'm in the Disney bubble. It brings me right back to the parks. Thank you SO much for that. Especially since I'm in such a different place right now(Beijing). I just needed to tell you how happy reading your TR makes me. <3

Awww, I'm so glad! That's wonderful, thanks Yuki! And hey, at least you're in a country that has a Disneyland! You could be in like... Guam or something. AND YOU'RE GOING TO TDR I'm so jealous!

NOVEMBER 1, 2012
Day 12, Part 1 In Which You Gotta Leave Sometime

I woke up a bit late this morning, showered, and packed away everything I had left out the night before. It was great not having to worry about only having a certain amount of bags with a certain weight. I get so stressed out about that when I have to fly home. You know what's even MORE stressful? When you physically CAN'T fly home cause airports are underwater and stuff. Thank God for Gina, who was on her way with her parents to come get me.

While finishing up my packing, I enjoyed some LEFOU'S BREW!!!! That's right, I had saved some in a refillable mug from the other night. Oh how I love those mugs. I mean not so much the new ones with this RapidFill thing, which I'm pretty sure is the result of someone in charge of Disney having some type of psychotic break? But whatever. At this time I was enjoying the purity of the pre-microchipped mug days.

Once I was all packed, I took a sad mirror picture.

9536048746_fab9d10aed_z.jpg

I was wearing my Character Explosion shirt that I bought at the airport on Day 1. Yeah that's right, things are coming full circle in this trip report.

I called Bell Services and had them come get my bags so they could be held at the front of the resort while I went to get breakfast.

@babybritney: Waiting for Bell Services. Why must I leave Disney????? WHY

I said goodbye to my beautiful perfect room and headed to World Premiere to get breakfast. I actually didn't feel like eating in the food court because I wanted to savor my last Andy's Room moments! So I got it to go and walked back over there to sit on a bench and eat.

I got the chocolate chip pancakes!

A6n-r7zCcAATbK3.jpg

@babybritney: Thank God I'm going to Gina's. I don't think I could handle the leaving video on Magical Express right now.

That was REALLY true. I hate the Magical Express ride back to the airport, it is honestly like someone slowly ripping your heart out using crude tools. I always sob hysterically so I was very very happy that I was not going to have to go through that!

Sitting on that bench outside of Andy's Room was really the first time I took a minute to sit and think that day, and as I ate the delicious chocolate chip pancakes, it sunk in that I was really leaving Disney.

It was ending. Minutes were left, and then I would be gone again, back into the real world, with no sure idea of when I would be back. I was excited to go to Gina's, but I was in no way truly ready to leave. I did feel this sense of contentment in the length of the trip, it had not sped by, and I felt thankful and lucky to be there so long, but something felt off. It felt truly wrong to be leaving, like I belonged there, like I should ask Gina to drive me to the nearest apartment building so I could sign a lease.

After I finished eating, I headed to the bathroom to put make-up on. Gina texted me saying they were about to go under The Holy Arches.

Here is the picture she took when she went through the arch for the first time since 1995!

9537458831_fa9106527f_z.jpg

It must have been very emotional for her. She wanted a Disney trip so bad, and here she was getting this little tease with no idea when she would get to go for real. Little did she know, 6 and a half months later her dream would finally come true!

9537458099_629c383e23_z.jpg

Gina texted me to say that they were almost there and they had to use the bathroom, so I told them it was in the lobby. I didn't expect them to arrive so quickly, but as soon as I finished doing my make-up, I went into a stall and Gina called. When I picked up, I heard her say hello... not just in the phone, but right outside the stall! She and her mom had walked into the bathroom and she was calling me to tell me that's where she was. It was so funny and weird to suddenly hear Gina & her mom's voices next to me. LOL.

I have to say, it was kind of awkward to be peeing next to my BBFFAE when I just wanted to run out and give her a hug hello, LOL. But eventually we of course came out and gave each other hugs. It was so awesome to suddenly see Gina there, picking me up in Disney. Definitely never expected the trip to end that way!

Gina, her mom, and I left the restroom and found her dad waiting outside. I said hi and thanked him for coming to get me. He seemed happy to do it!

Gina and I had really wanted to stay in Disney all day and do non-park things, but her parents are not the biggest Disney fans, unfortunately. So that's why I was surprised when her dad wanted to stay a bit! He said it had been a long drive and he wanted to get some drinks or something. Absolutely no one was gonna argue with that!

First we went to World Premiere and they got some bottled soda while I filled up my refillable mug for the last time. :'( I was so sad. I mean, I was very happy to see Gina and excited to visit with her. I was also grateful that my trip was still a few days from ending. BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE DISNEY. I was just so comfortable there. Le sigh.

9536048578_206da739aa_z.jpg

It's Gina in Disney!! hahaha. She had an "I VOTED" sticker on her face since she and her parents had stopped to vote on the way to get me.

Paying for the sodas took really long b/c someone in front of us had a problem with their DDP credits or something. Gina's mom was super annoyed, but I was happy that I was getting STILL stuck in Disney down to the wire. LOL! I thought we were going to leave as soon as we left the bathroom, and here we were, stuck on line in the ASMo food court. :rotfl2:

After they finally paid for their sodas, Gina's dad said, "Hey, do you wanna go sit by the pool for a minute?" I was like YES WE SHOULD ALL SIT BY THE POOL AND THEN WE SHOULD GO TO THE MAGIC KINGDOM OR SOMETHING IDK JUST THROWING OUT IDEAS OR EPCOT WE COULD ALWAYS GO TO EPCOT.

We didn't end up sitting by the pool... but we did walk around the resort a little bit. I really wanted Gina to see Andy's Room, so after getting our beverages we walked over there and took a picture in front of the Sheriff!

9540249638_3771d8ed14_z.jpg

I WAS SO SAD. I know, I know. I sound like a broken record. But this was one of the best trips ever and I just was not ready to let go. I'm still not. I don't even want this report to end because I don't want to stop reliving this unbelievable adventure.

Leaving Andy's Room was especially hard. That will always be such a special place to me because it's where I got stuck. The range of emotions I went through in that place, ON TOP of the normal Disney feelings that go on... wow. I just feel such a strong connection to that area of Disney now and it makes me FEEL SO MANY THINGS. All. Of the things.

Gina of course thought the whole thing was AMAZING and we wished we could just go back up to my room and stay! We had no idea we'd be having a whole trip together so it was really sad.

9540248388_1c49d96871_z.jpg

Goodbye, Andy's Room! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Leaving was awful. We very sloooowly walked to the front of the resort. I tried to take everything in as much as possible and just wanted to cry. I couldn't believe this trip was coming to an end.

9533261717_f68076f8db_z.jpg

Sigh. I love Movies.

I gave my Claim Ticket to Bell Services while Gina's parents got the car. I realized I should probably use the bathroom again before the long drive because I had just had so much soda. I also just honestly needed to be alone for a minute before I left to just collect my thoughts and not have a nervous breakdown in the car.

It was enough to make a grown man cry! Bye, Movies.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

When I went back outside, Gina and her parents were waiting with all my bags already packed in the car. What fabulous princess treatment for me! I love them. If I had to leave Disney, it was certainly a plus that I was leaving with my friend to have a new, bonus adventure with her. I'm a lucky girl!

The CM standing at the red carpet said Goodbye to me and told me to have a magical day. Oh man, I did not want to leave. I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

After that.... I left Disney.

:scared1:

I know, I know. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT EITHER!

@babybritney: Bye Bye Disney... I love you so much!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(

:sad1:

I got in the car and we drove away. It was terrible, however I remained composed. I was very grateful to Gina and her parents for coming to pick me up and I did not think sobbing would be a good way to show that gratitude. I did cry, especially once we went under the arches, but it was more of a one tear rolling down the cheek silently kinda cry.

That's it. I wasn't stuck in Disney anymore. It was really over.

@babybritney: We just went out through the arches. :( I'm out of Disney. I LEFT DISNEY!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I just really couldn't believe everything that had happened. The first phase of the trip being with Lee-Anne and seeing Hanson was enough. Oh my God, did we have a blast. Introducing one of my best friends to my favorite place on earth was such a thrill. Experiencing things I know so well through someone else's eyes was amazing and gave me a new perspective on the parks. Seeing Hanson in Disney again was beyond words. The only thing in life that can compare to Disney for me is music/Hanson. The two of these things coming together once AGAIN just made me look up at the sky and be so thankful that I have two huge passions in life that make me cry when I even just THINK about how much I love them. That is more than a lot of people have and as long as I have that, I will consider myself a very lucky person.

Going to MNSSHP with Lee-Anne on her last night opened up a whole new world (pun intended xD) of Disney for me. I knew I'd love MNSSHP - after all, I had dreamed of it for years. But actually experiencing it was beyond magical and I just knew my MNSSHP adventures couldn't end there. Doing it a second time was absolutely necessary and resulted in one of the best nights of my life! I'm almost glad I experienced the supreme disappointment of not meeting Eugene that first night - without that, I might not have gone a 2nd night. And, just like with everything else in life... if something eludes you, it's SO much more exciting and satisfying when you finally do get it. Everything DEFINITELY worked out for the best in that situation, like it usually does when Disney is involved. I also ended up seeing NEW FANTASYLAND for the first time that night and that was a true THRILL. It is rare in life that you literally feel thrilled beyond words, but that is what I felt when I unexpectedly got to enter New Fantasyland on October 26. I had already reasoned and accepted that I wouldn't get to see it this trip, and look what happened! I ended up seeing it more times than I would have dreamed of in a MILLION years. I can not even tell you how much this, all of this, meant to me. I'm sure most of you have seen the video of my 2nd MNSSHP by now, but if you haven't, here it is: http://youtu.be/tFWMSAe5WQ0 I hate holding the camera and filming, but it was SO worth it because I captured so many great moments that are now frozen in time forever.

We all know what happened next. The trip was supposed to end. Instead, I got #StuckInDisney. Sometimes things happen are so beyond a dream come true because it would never even occur to you to dream that. Sure, we all wish we didn't have to leave Disney, but how often do we actually stay past that departure date? Almost never. But there are certain events that everything seems to stop for, and Sandy was one of them. I can not express my sadness over what happened to the East Coast during this horrific storm. People lost their homes, and those were the lucky ones. I will never understand how some people went through such hell and yet I was in Heaven. Who knows why some of us have such luck and some of us don't. I will never, EVER stop being immensely grateful for the timing of this trip and what happened to me. I think about it to this day, almost a year later, and I am still AMAZED. I got to have the most unbelievable time during my #StuckInDisney days and I will never stop marveling at my good fortune.

Waking up in Disney World on Halloween was such a sweet contrast to the past Halloween I spoke of in one of my later updates - being stuck in a store in a blizzard definitely ruined the previous holiday. Not this time. This time, I got the best trip anyone could ever ask for that got to end with me going to a 3RD MNSSHP, and then to Hollywood, the Magic Kingdom, and Epcot on Halloween. AHH. I still don't believe it!

Being solo and just spending some time with myself and my favorite place in the world was priceless. No one else is ever going to know how perfect it was and that's fine. I have my own little flawless memory I can go back to in my head anytime things get rough, and I am so happy about that.

I don't see how a trip could ever top #StuckInDisney12. One of my favorite things is to be surprised (good surprises, anyway), but it very rarely happens. So getting surprised with all these bonus Disney adventures was honestly one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I will never ever forget it!

"It's okay," Gina said knowingly as the Walt Disney World sign faded in the rearview mirror. "You'll be back."

She was right, of course. I would be back. I will always be back.

However, at that moment I didn't know when I would return to the most magical place in the world. Gina and I couldn't have known then that not only would I be back, and soon, but Gina herself would be joining me for first real trip to Disney World since 1995!!

#BirthdayFestivus13 was 6.5 months away and we had no idea!!!!!

Sometimes, life's surprises aren't so great. Other times, you get #StuckInDisney... and then get your very own #BirthdayFestivus.

When it comes to Disney, I have great luck. It makes me smile to think there is a future trip I haven't even dreamed up yet that will someday knock my socks off. If there's one thing I can rely on in life, it's my love for Disney. Disney is one of the only things I can always think of to bring a smile to my face no matter what, and I know it'll always be that way.

UP NEXT: Now it's time to say goodbye... Well, not quite!!

Normally the end of a Trip Report usually comes when you leave Disney. But this trip was anything but normal and so the report still isn't over! I was at Gina's house until November 5. The next time I post, I'll do a rundown of everything we did together. It may not be Disney, but there was some Disney involved of course (just like there is in almost everything I do) we honestly had such a great time!

Also, make sure you tune in next time for the epic tome that the #BirthdayFestivus13 report will certainly turn into. It makes me sad that the #StuckInDisney report has come to an end, but I can not wait to detail our Festivus adventures for all of you. You are not going to believe how much we did and how much fun we had!!! AHH! I actually have most of it completely typed out. I have like 2 and a half days to finish of the written part, and like 7 days of pictures left to edit. It's been QUITE a project and I'm so excited to share it all with you!

Ah- so sad for you! BUT so happy you got to go back so soon!

Can't wait to hear about the end of your trip and start the new one!

I love all of your TR's but this has been my favorite so far! I cannot wait to start reading the Birthday Festivus report!

Honestly, I can't believe you left... I imaged you sitting pool side at WDW doing updates... and that you hadn't actually left... you were pulling all our legs. But alas, it's true... you did leave. Sad. It's been fun to read along! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Ah- so sad for you! BUT so happy you got to go back so soon!

Can't wait to hear about the end of your trip and start the new one!

Aww don't be sad! Trust me there is no reason to be sad for me regarding Disney. :smickey:

Thanks!!

I love all of your TR's but this has been my favorite so far! I cannot wait to start reading the Birthday Festivus report!

Aww that's awesome! I'm glad I'm improving :-) Thank you!

Honestly, I can't believe you left... I imaged you sitting pool side at WDW doing updates... and that you hadn't actually left... you were pulling all our legs. But alas, it's true... you did leave. Sad. It's been fun to read along! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

hahahaha well maybe I lied and I am still there. You will never know!!

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Feel all the things! I'm glad your parting went okay. Had one last disney breakfast, and one more tour of Andy's room! I didn't realize how cute it was until I saw these pics. Oh, and one last bathroom stop!!! Seriously, some people are happy to come home to their own bed, I was happy to come home to my own toilet. :confused3 I have a really nice toilet!

Looking forward to hearing about all of the fun you had with Gina too. It sounds like her family was very hospitable!

First time I read a TR from beginning to end! Great story, great pictures, I hope I get the chance to be stuck at Disneyworld me too one day! :thumbsup2

Wait... first concert EVER? Or first Eat to the Beat show? Because if it's your first concert ever I have to say you need to immediately stop what you're doing, find a band near you who is playing music that you even remotely like, and GO!

Hey Lia,

Sorry it took me so long to respond, but it has be crazy busy around here. Maybe it is because we are only 10 days, 9 hours, and 10 minutes away from our second Honeymoon / first Disneymoon!!!

Yes as sad as it is, at 45 years old, I have never seen a "real" concert of any kind. I have seen live bands play, but they were local bands at a country bar that I used to work at years ago (and I am the complete opposite of a country fan). Mrs. awdwnut has seen many, many concerts and she feels the same way that you do (HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??). Well, this will all be water under the bridge after Sept 30th when we get to see the Go-Go's together!

We are very sad to see "I'm Stuck In Disney" coming to an end. BUT WE
CAN'T WAIT FOR #BIRTHDAYFESTIVUS13...AFESTIVUSFORTHERESTOFUS!!!

Rob & Jenn

Leaving Disney is always the saddest journey :(

This trip report has been an absolute delight, so thank you. It certainly has helped me endlessly in my planning for MNSSHP / Food and Wine as well as being fabulously entertaining, so thank you for that.

I do hope you get to live you dreams and all those people assuming you're a cast member become right at some stage. Try everything, regret nothing - none of us are young forever and you really should be a princess :offtopic:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter