I'm joining Teresa and Kathy on their journey to health. Who's with me?

If I am not wearing shorts with pockets then I run out of hands to hold the dog's leash, water, my phone, car keys and the dog's treats. The perfect solution.....a fanny pack :rotfl2: My family is motified (which makes me want to use it even more!). How do you all manage carrying the neccessities?

LOL. I can relate. At home, I run on the treadmill in plain old shorts (not exercise shorts) and a t-shirt and the two items rarely match or coordinate. No biggie as I'm home and nobody is going to see me. The problem is when we're on vacation anywhere and I go to run on the hotel treadmill. My wife and daughter (especially DD) are embarrased to see me going out that way. So for Father's Day they bought me nice exercise shorts and t-shirts - that all go together. The problem is the shorts don't have pockets so nowhere for my phone, my headphones, my room key, etc. I used the pants once when we went away a couple of weeks ago but it was a pain. I need to buy some that have pockets.

Try a SPIbelt. They are like a fanny pack, but don't move as much when exercising and expand to hold a lot of stuff! They come in a lot of colors and run around $20. Los of sporting goods stores sell them, Amazon sells them, etc. I don't have enough posts to post a link to their website, but Google spibelt.

Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure DW and DD won't be embarrassed by me wearing a SPIbelt. ;)

We've been on vacation the past week (not Disney - college visits in NY state). Of course, that means I've been eating out for every meal and, unfortunately, not the healthiest of options. The good news is that I've done my 30 minutes on the treadmill 4 times this week. At home, I usually only do 2 or maybe 3 days. We've also been doing a ton of walking touring college campuses as opposed to me being stuck in an office all day. We head home tomorrow and I'll get right back on track with the healthier diet habits.

Year to date, I've now logged 86.82 miles on the treadmill in a total time of 29 hrs 45 min and for the month of July I've done 12.77 miles in 4 hrs 25 min.

Have slowed a little bit with the exercise. It's the heat... I'm hoping to get back to the gym this week and get on the treadmill. I'm stuck at 17.5 lbs lost...

I joined a gym back in March and started running in May. Did a 5k race this morning felt good

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

That's my first goal... next year I imagine... I'm just working up to the first mile of walking on the treadmill.

I'm thinking of the princess 5K in a tutu and a tiara!!! princess:

I finished July with 19.16 miles on the treadmill, the highest monthly total since I started. It helped that we were on vacation 2 weeks ago and I actually ran 4 nights in the week.

My total since January 1 is now 93.21 miles so I'll break 100 this month.

Somehow I don't see myself doing much treadmill time while we are in Disney World though. At least I'll do plenty of walking. We arrive on the 17th and stay until the 26th.

I finished July with only 2 lbs down... but I increased my time and I'm up to doing 35 min on the treadmill and I've made it to my first goal of a 30 min mile!!! :cheer2: Not bad for someone who was a couch potato in April!

So, I'm down 15 pounds now. 10 of those came off in the last three weeks. I think my body was just adjusting in that long weight plateau before.

Went for a run last night and got 2 miles in. It feels amazing to know I'm getting into really awesome shape. I feel awkward being the fat girl out running and sweating up a storm. But, my fiance put it into good perspective. While I feel awkward and that people will laugh at my slow sweaty run, he thinks people will be impressed to see me out there working on turning my fitness around.

High fives to everyone sticking with it!

I finished July with only 2 lbs down... but I increased my time and I'm up to doing 35 min on the treadmill and I've made it to my first goal of a 30 min mile!!! :cheer2: Not bad for someone who was a couch potato in April!
That's great! 35 min walking is a big deal, especially if you were inactive just a few months ago.
I feel awkward being the fat girl out running and sweating up a storm. But, my fiance put it into good perspective. While I feel awkward and that people will laugh at my slow sweaty run, he thinks people will be impressed to see me out there working on turning my fitness around.
I totally agree. Anytime I see an overweight person exercising, that's my thought exactly. Good for them. They're doing something to improve their condition. Stop worrying about what other people may think (see my tag to the left ;)). Do what you need to do to take better care of yourself. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of people who see you and think something negative are people who themselves don't exercise or take care of themselves.

So, I'm down 15 pounds now. 10 of those came off in the last three weeks. I think my body was just adjusting in that long weight plateau before.

Went for a run last night and got 2 miles in. It feels amazing to know I'm getting into really awesome shape. I feel awkward being the fat girl out running and sweating up a storm. But, my fiance put it into good perspective. While I feel awkward and that people will laugh at my slow sweaty run, he thinks people will be impressed to see me out there working on turning my fitness around.

High fives to everyone sticking with it!

Just remember it's YOUR journey!!! & it doesn't matter what other people think... I think it's great!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Just wanted to drop in and tell you all congrats on making the effort to better your health, mindset, and home.

The journey isn't guaranteed to be short or easy, but it is a path to somewhere that you will appreciate. Enjoy yourself and the world around you in ways that may not be common to you everyday, and divert focus from the ills that beckon to work against you.

I was overweight as a child and made the realization that I would continue on that path if I didn't change something. I didn't want to be bogged down by my own choices and made a decision. Little by little I took steps and, sometimes slowly, but surely things changed and evolved. Cut to a few years into my adulthood, I've lost around 100 pounds of fat and am mostly a vegetarian. You would never know that I was essentially the "big kid".

It took time, effort, change, and conscious decision making, but it has worked out to the point where I am now thankful for my overweight experiences, because I feel like I can appreciate life more now.

So for Teresa, Kathy, and everyone else in here...:hug:

Thanks so much for the encouragement!!! Every bit helps! :grouphug::grouphug:

Just wanted to drop in and tell you all congrats on making the effort to better your health, mindset, and home.

The journey isn't guaranteed to be short or easy, but it is a path to somewhere that you will appreciate. Enjoy yourself and the world around you in ways that may not be common to you everyday, and divert focus from the ills that beckon to work against you.

I was overweight as a child and made the realization that I would continue on that path if I didn't change something. I didn't want to be bogged down by my own choices and made a decision. Little by little I took steps and, sometimes slowly, but surely things changed and evolved. Cut to a few years into my adulthood, I've lost around 100 pounds of fat and am mostly a vegetarian. You would never know that I was essentially the "big kid".

It took time, effort, change, and conscious decision making, but it has worked out to the point where I am now thankful for my overweight experiences, because I feel like I can appreciate life more now.

So for Teresa, Kathy, and everyone else in here...:hug:

I also want to thank you for your encouragement and wisdom. We all have choices to make every day.

I'll add my thanks in there as well. Thanks to everyone on this post and all their awesome encouragement.

Not sure if anyone has shared this, but a little tip for hitting the gym/walking/ working out at home is to grab some action movie music for your soundtrack. It may sound weird but it is HARD not to want to move with just a little more intensity when you've got some chase scene cinematic score or explosion scene music piping through your headphones. Give it a try :thumbsup2 Just be careful you can still observe your surroundings obviously ;)

This thread needs to be bumped up.

I broke 100 miles on the treadmill last week. Appropriately enough for this thread, it happened while I was on vacation at Disney World.

That said, I only managed to hit the treadmill once during a 12-day trip. Of course, as we all know, a day in the park easily racks up 5-10 miles of walking. I did use the MapMyRun app one morning in AK just out of curiosity and before lunch, I had already logged over 3 miles and that didn't count time in queues or in shops. Since my typical treadmill session is about 1.6 miles, I didn't feel too bad about skipping the treadmill the other days.

I'm not all that focused on my weight, which isn't really a problem, but I did pick up about 3 pounds during our vacation. I'm not the least bit upset about that and I know it will be gone in a week now that I'm back to my normal routine. As much as I may try to be good on vacation, I still end up enjoying a bunch of treats although definitely not as many as in the past. Hey, it's vacation. What good is it without some good food and fun?

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi Steve...

You know you've heard of the freshman 5? You gain 5 lbs the first month of freshman year? Well you gained the Theme park 3!!! :rotfl:

I hit my goal for the month... surprisingly seeing as I was under the weather for part of it. Need to get back to much more walking... that's what Sept is for.

I DID hit my 20 lb goal so far in the weight loss!! :cheer2::cheer2:

Hope everyone else is doing good.

Congrats, Tink! 20 lbs is a great achievement - you should be proud. And thanks Steve, for bumping this up. I agree - it's worth 3 lbs if you had a great trip! I'm doing Leslie Sansone tapes for my workouts -walking-type exercises with weights. Did 2 miles tonight but I'm capable of doing 4 (when I don't procrastinate :-( !) Also, gotta stop eating those sweets. ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter