I'm joining Teresa and Kathy on their journey to health. Who's with me?

We will have a segment later this month. :)

I am looking forward to this too. I had started back to walking just over 3 months ago. A month ago i signed up to run the 2014 Disney 1/2 marathon and started the training for it. This run will be celebrating my 55th birthday. I have some friends that are a little older than me that have been running the last two Disney 1/2's. I had been running all over taking pics of the event for them. Now i just might have my Nikon with me on course and shoot everthing from a runners view point this time. To see how all is progressing I have also signed up for the Tower of Terror 10 miler in October. :woohoo:

Just had a super yummy green smoothie, and I'm plowing through the day. Keep up the good work, everyone!! :cool1:

Still hanging in there...

I suffer from anxiety from time to time and it's been a struggle for me the last couple of weeks... lots of stress going on... but I've kept pretty ok with my food intake. Having issues getting out to walk... but working on that... (if it will ever stop raining long enough!)

If anyone is looking for a way to help with the eating side of the equation- I had joined weight watchers late March. Down 24 pounds! I highly recommend it. I have about 10 more lbs to go, so it has slowed down for me recently. Go to the meetings, not just online, and go with a friend. That is what has kept me on track.
I am a big fan now.

I'm semi following WW... luckily I also have a few friends who are WW leaders so I've gotten help from them too!

I cried when I saw a pic of myself on the cruise in April, 2012. I was sooooo overweight, the highest I'd ever been in my life. I was a poster child for metabolic syndrome just waiting to heppen. I was thinking I couldn't exercise with my horrible arthritic knees and just feeling sorry for myself. I will not go on our anniversary cruise looking that way. Even though I have to use a scooter in the parks and on the ship (both knees need to be replaced), I want my DH to be proud of me. So I'm determined to go the rest of the way and not slack. It's one day at a time. We all deserve to be as healthy as we can be.

Good for you!!!

I have finally gotten down to the weight I was when I did the 2008 PC repo... I'm hoping by the time I go for the WB transatlantic on DCL next year... I'll be at a healthier weight... (and smaller shorts!! :rotfl:)

Welcome!!!

Anyone want to check in this month????

I'm down a total of 16.5 since April 1st!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Goal for this month is another 4 lbs... might be a little more... we'll see!!!

I alternate biking and power walking about 4 times per week. Every time I exercise I have my headphones on listening to archived podcast shows.

I'm having a bit of trouble walking because of pain issues... but I try to get to the gym at least twice a week and I'm up to 25 minutes on the treadmill. Not bad for someone who was a serious couch potato before! :happytv:

I have found the website and app myfitnesspal to be very helpful in my journey towards better health.

I use this app too! It has been really helpful. I started about a week ago so I am only down 4lbs. But the app tells you when you are not eating enough. Which is what I was doing. It will tell me to drink more water too.

So far though doing really great. I bought a dance game for the xbox and its kicking my butt but it doesnt feel like i am truly working out. We just bought the disneyland game too and DH was sweating after trying to row through the Pirates of the Carribean section of the game.

Which app is everyone referring too? Need to get healthy too. Thanks!

Hi all, thanks for motivating me to get moving!
So I have been using my Fit Bit and getting in 11,000 steps per day. We have a great dog park near by that is several acres, out on a peninsula surrounded by the bay. Its beautiful with a half mile loop and lots of dogs running off leash. However, I am running into a problem. If I am not wearing shorts with pockets then I run out of hands to hold the dog's leash, water, my phone, car keys and the dog's treats. The perfect solution.....a fanny pack :rotfl2: My family is motified (which makes me want to use it even more!). How do you all manage carrying the neccessities?

Hi all, thanks for motivating me to get moving!
So I have been using my Fit Bit and getting in 11,000 steps per day. We have a great dog park near by that is several acres, out on a peninsula surrounded by the bay. Its beautiful with a half mile loop and lots of dogs running off leash. However, I am running into a problem. If I am not wearing shorts with pockets then I run out of hands to hold the dog's leash, water, my phone, car keys and the dog's treats. The perfect solution.....a fanny pack :rotfl2: My family is motified (which makes me want to use it even more!). How do you all manage carrying the neccessities?

I wear a SPIbelt with an extra pocket. It holds my phone and essentials, but isn't as bulky as a fanny pack. However, I do have a WDW fanny pack I am going to have to start using for long runs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter