I'm joining Teresa and Kathy on their journey to health. Who's with me?

Thanks... not sure why this time it's sticking... I'm actually finding myself enjoying salads and fruit and things like that... I've almost turned into a zucchini and tomatoes for the summer... I hasn't been too stressful... I do need to walk more though. I see all my friends heading off to DL for the 1/2 marathons this weekend... & I remember that they were where I was not long ago... (my goal is the princess 5 K maybe next year...)

I agree - it's worth 3 lbs if you had a great trip!

On previous trips, we would eat more snacks that we brought in with us. We still carried some stuff but found ourselves sampling and enjoying more of what the parks have to offer. We didn't go overboard and even found some healthy things that we really liked. For example, Gaston's Tavern and some other places sell the little cups of hummus with pretzel chips. Great healthy snack. Sunshine Seasons has a terrific pre-made vegetarian plate in the grab and go case that has hummus, pita, tabouleh, and cous cous salad. I had that for dinner one night and it was delicious. Sure beats chicken nuggets and fries. And I can't even tell you how many packs of grapes and apple slices the 3 of us went through during our trip.

I once went on the 2 week Panama repo with a weight watchers leader... :scared1:

Believe me... he didn't starve himself... even had dessert...

He said that if you are comfortable enough with where you are in your weight loss, it's ok to give yourself permission to gain a lb or even 3... just as long as you are committed enough to go back on program after your trip.

I don't know how... but I actually lost 2 lbs on that cruise... (cause I was more active and I really like it when someone else cuts up my endless fruit for me...:goodvibes)

I haven't read the whole thread but wanted to share what has worked well for me and seek some advice!

I'm down 20 lbs since early July. I bought the Zombies! Run! Couch to 5K app and I love it! It is a 5K training app with a story behind it - a zombie apocalypse and you need to train in order to help your camp survive. Its silly, but the story keeps me interested. When they aren't talking, they put your music on random and then they pipe in when your drills are done. You do it three times a week and the exercises are anywhere from 30-50 mins. I used to LOATHE running and couldn't do it, but I'm on week 4 (out of 8) of this training and notice a difference and dare I say, I enjoy it! I don't know if I could run a 5K at the end though... I guess I'll find out!

I also love GNC - I drink the Lean Shakes, take the Energy & Metabolism Vitapak, and I also have started taking the Total Lean CLA and WaterEx. I have tripled my water intake over the course of the day, so the WaterEx is good at regulating it so I don't retain a lot of it and bloat. I love Vitamin Water too for the extra nutrients.

I'm a standstill now - fluctuating up and down a pound over the last two weeks, but I know that's par for the course. Hoping to lose another 20 lbs before our trip in November. If I can do that, I will be where I was at for our trip two years ago! Would love to hear some advice on breaking through plateaus, if anyone has any!

Good luck to everyone!

I have been trying so hard. Lost 5 lbs and stuck! I have to say though that my fat percentage as reported by my scale has gone down 3%. I have been upping my exercise to try and jump start the weight loss. At least I am seeing something :confused3 Greta job everyone sticking to your plans!

nkereina said:
I'm down 20 lbs since early July. I bought the Zombies! Run! Couch to 5K app and I love it! It is a 5K training app with a story behind it - a zombie apocalypse and you need to train in order to help your camp survive. Its silly, but the story keeps me interested.
That is hysterical! Good for you for finding a cool way to work out. And congrats on your weight loss. Don't worry about the standstill - your body probably just needs to take a rest.

I love Zombies, Run! It's so much fun, and I find myself doing extra runs just so I can hear more of the story.

Alex

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter