If time and transportation were sports we'd never make the playoffs; 2018 spr. break TR *new TR!*

First, LOVE the Peter Pan tee.
Second, no, you can NEVER have enough nachos.
Third, so happy to hear Ursula kept her head on...
And lastly, I can't WAIT to hear about that REALLY AWESOME meetup!!!!!:cool::thumbsup2:rolleyes1

Tom Sawyer Island holds a special place in my heart. On our 2013 trip, DW and oldest DD wanted to do Splash Mountain standby mid-afternoon (45 minutes posted time turned into 90 actual minutes). I took youngest DD (she was 6 at the time) over to Tom Sawyer Island for some exploring. We had that little playground to ourselves, went through the fort and barrel bridge, and then sat on the steps of the mill watching the Festival of Fantasy parade. It wasn't the best view of the parade, but it was just the two of us hanging out and something I'll always remember. :love:

Even scaredy-cat Ricky rode, I kept him safe in the doom buggy with me. I still don't understand how he'll ride EE, TOT, etc. but HM freaks him out.........
I still can't believe he hasn't gotten over this yet. But good he was able to overcome it with Mom to protect him :-)

Apparently the Old Hag isn't as bad as the 999 Happy Haunts.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I got a decent picture of Ursula for once, WITH her head:

img_8226-jpg.319023
I can only fathom what would happen to poor Ricky if her head was indeed off!

As for the ice cream, Aunt Polly's which you can see when boarding the Liberty Belle is only open during super busy times, and as we boarded our raft out to the Island the CM driving told us they'd just brought ice cream out that morning. Yay, we hit it on a super busy day :cheer2:
Wow, that is crazy crowded for Aunt Polly's to be open. This does not bode well for the week.

See, all those guests waiting, looking over at us wondering how we got there because so many people don't know about Tom Sawyer Island!
Actually they were watching us attempt to cross the barrel bridge at this point. You can't see it in the picture with the guys because it's behind them but man, that thing is NOT easy to cross! I did it last and I was hysterical laughing watching them cross, thinking they were exaggerating how difficult it was. Until it was my turn. It's scary, I thought for sure one of us would end up in the water!

I haven't been to Tom Sawyer Island in years. I'll have to remember that this is a thing! I kinda want to attempt that barrel bridge now!

We hadn't ridden this in years! The main reason I booked this was because about a week after our trip my Ricky would be turning 16, which in NY means getting your learner's permit. So soon he'd be doing this for real:

img_8257-jpg.319269

Wow 16 already!! He looks very comfortable in the speedway car!

I grabbed a Dumbo FP for Steve and I and we followed that up with some Emporium shopping where I got an adorable Minnie Mouse bib for my granddaughter, coming in July :love: I meant to take a picture before I gave it to my DIL but of course I forgot!

Aww so cute, I got one for my niece too, it's the red and white one with Minnie on it. Congratulations grandma!

Oops missed the update before it:

Chris and Steve wanted to do HM first so that's where we went! Even scaredy-cat Ricky rode, I kept him safe in the doom buggy with me. I still don't understand how he'll ride EE, TOT, etc. but HM freaks him out.........

Aww he just wants his mommy to protect him, LOL.

Haha Steve looks as cool as a cucumber riding his favorite ride!

img_8216-jpg.319246

A little light cinnamon roll with extra frosting, nothing big!

Oooh yum!

Love your shirt! I really want a shirt that says Never Grow Up! Because that is me, totally!

Great updates! I love Tomorrowland Speedways, despite the gasoline bog you breathe on the que

The cinnamon bun looks amazing, I showed my DD the picture & she says we have to get one this summer (we have never been at Goston's, I also have "picture with Gaston" on my Disney bucket list for this summer's trip - and i'm adding the cinnamon bun to my foodie bucket list for this trip! :P

We went out to Tom Sawyer Island 3 years ago on our trip. We apparently didn't do enough exploring. I think I was nursing a baby while my husband took the kids around. Maybe they found all of this stuff and never told me. :scratchin

I will have to make a note to go back on our next trip.

Steve looks so happy on his favourite ride!! :-)
:laughing: I think of all our ride photos he looks happiest on 7DMT :banana:

This is an awesome view! I never go over to the island, but I feel like I should sometime, just to get this view. :)
You should go just to say you have, plus it's very pretty. And relaxing because you don't have to move fast and most of it is in the shade. There are also lots of areas to sit so if it IS hot, you can rest!

Love the Tom Sawyer Island update! It's a must on our May trip - in just 10 days!!!- for the boys. I had no idea about the views from over there either.
OK wait - I know we discussed this, I'm sure we did, but between being crazy busy with work and being old I can't keep things straight anymore :crazy: We are there at the same time, aren't we????? Because we leave now in 6 days!!!!

I haven't been to Tom Sawyer Island in years. We may need to try it when we go in May next year for my granddaughter's first trip. She will be two and I can hardly wait
Oh you definitely should, she'll love it! So fun to explore.

It's so exciting that you have a little one on the way. Those baby girls are so precious.:lovestruc
After having 4 boys, 5 nephews and only 2 nieces I cannot WAIT for this little girl princess:princess:

Ah Tom Sawyer island! So our first trip when we were scouting wedding locations (an excellent excuse for APs :rolleyes1) we only planned on MK and Epcot for our 3.5 days. And it was dead! Here we were coming from July 16 in Disneyland and Jan 17 there was no one (Jan 18 was a whole different ball game!), and it sprinkled a bit one morning... Space wasn't more than 20 minutes until noon. So we ended up doing almost everything and decided, let's go to TS island bc wed never had a chance in DL. It's so fun and cute!
Definitely a good reason for AP's lol. Yes it's cute! I so wish we'd taken the boys over more often when they were younger because while they seemed to think elements of it were neat this time, they're too old to get any actual "enjoyment" out of it anymore :sad1:

Steve looks as happy as a kid on Christmas morning in this picture!!! :flower1:
:rotfl2:

Challenge accepted!!! :thumbsup2
:Pinkbounc It's on!

I am so excited for this light breakfast myself next month ;)
Don't forget to ask for the extra "light" frosting on the side ;)

LOVE the Tom Sawyer Island photos. We haven't been over there in years, and never when the ice cream was being served. It might be on the list for Thanksgiving when we have the little boys with us. They will enjoy it.
Oh yeah you have to take them over for sure. Like I said above I wish we'd taken the boys more when they were younger. I'd love to take little kids there just to see the enjoyment :goodvibes I will definitely be making it a point to bring my grandchildren out there while they're young enough to enjoy it!

We went to Tom Sawyer's Island a couple of years ago just because we wanted to do something that we hadn't done in a long time. It was kind of cute and very different from the rest of MK. I just wish that the boat ride was a bit faster. It seemed like it took forever to get off the island.
I agree it's very different; very quiet :) We were lucky in that a raft came quickly once we were ready to leave, but I did wonder how long we'd have to wait as we were walking around the island.

That's a nice picture of Ricky. I guess that he is driving real cars now. :)
Thank you! Yes, Steve takes him out driving a few times a week now; Ricky and I are too much alike for me to do any teaching lol. We'll butt heads! In NY you have to have your permit for 6 months before you can get your license so until Oct. he's stuck driving with a licensed adult 21 or over :car: So far he's only taken out a squirrel and a bird so.....hopefully that'll be it!

Oh I cannot stand sitting forever in a non-moving vehicle. Makes me claustrophobic! (For some reason once that vehicle starts moving it for some reason make my brain notice the "enclosed space" less. My last trip we sat 15 minutes before taking off and THAT tested my endurance.....
I can't stand sitting in a stationary vehicle either, just makes me antsy to move! Once when it was just Steve and I we took a taxi instead. It was nice being at our resort 50 minutes after we stepped off the plane but I missed ME.......

Yum! I had fully intended to try this but my cinnamon-roll-loving-kid didn't want it :sad2:
What!!! Kids :sad2:

I forget all the little details over there, so cute. Remember when they used to hide the paintbrushes and if you found one you got a free fastpass? The good ol' days :rotfl:
I do remember the paint brush, they were still doing that when we did go over the last time! I wish they still did special things like that.

Gorgeous! Worth the trip over just for the pics. Maybe I'll make Mike go with me in October :-)
You should! Without the kids you can take your time exploring without anyone telling you they want to leave lol

I don't think I've ever ridden Tomorrowland Speedway, but my nephew wants to ride it in a upcoming trip, so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it haha!
Well honestly you're not missing anything fantastic lol, but your nephew will definitely enjoy it and it's always nice to do something new in Disney :goodvibes

I'm telling you, we had great morning bus mojo at WL, other than the EMH morning!
Yeah......like my TR title implies...............not always good for us lol

If you can believe it, both my boys have reqested to ride HM this trip! Who are these children who claimed never again?
Well good for them! I hope they don't change their minds when you get there :hmghost:

I want to know your trick of getting a 9:40 FP for 7DMT on your second day? I went with 3rd day and still couldn't get one before around noon. Messed up all my plans!
You know, I hate to say this "out loud" and ruin my luck, but I always do well with our personal FP's. Never have trouble getting 7DMT early and I've managed to get FOP for every trip at a decent time - we got it 3x in March and I didn't even wait until late in our trip. Granted when I don't make them at 60 days or close, like for our trip coming up Sat. I can't get FOP but I did get 7DMT. For clients my luck never seems to be quite as good lol but I still get FOP with the exception of 2x when it first opened and 7DMT for a couple clients who refused to give me their choices until like, 45 days out :headache:

I know I will have to take the boys one day.
Yeah but you should! They'll absolutely love it and you'll love seeing them enjoy it :love:

OMG, I'm not so sure about this!
lol technically it's not that bad. Well, maybe it is :laughing:

This seems so crazy to me!
It was crazy to me too! You'll see later on that we COULD get FP's for 10:00 and after at MK since it was open till midnight after this particular day, but we were only there late one night. And at other parks? Nope.

We had fairly good luck with the buses to MK from WL. Ironically as that is the only one that you have more than one option...
MK buses weren't the problem this trip from WL, and we mostly used the boat. It was other buses that were the problem!

One benefit of being there on a busy day! I wish it was open all the time.
I agree they should at least have drinks there all the time, because it is lots of walking and you can spend a decent amount of time there.

Correct! Nachos all day long!
:worship:

I really need to get over to Tom Sawyer Island. R is a huge Mark Twain fan, I can't believe we still haven't gone over there together yet
I can't believe that either with all your trips!

Those rafts scare me though, it's one of my few vivid childhood memories of Disney (that and the terrifying bridge that you discovered really IS difficult to cross). It didn't help any that I had older cousins there very willing to terrorize me. Still, gotta get over there soon!
:boat: The rafts made me nervous too but once I was on it I realized it feels better to be on than it looks when you're watching others cross, so nothing to worry about :thumbsup2

So I don’t know how I missed the start of your TR because I’m following the DTR! Especially because you even tagged me in a post :confused: But I’m here now! I’ll have to go back and comment on the posts when I’m not at work.
:wave:

Oh, I love that movie! I had such a crush on Brad Renfro growing up
Who didn't????

I still keep thinking about the time Steve got on the wrong bus :rotfl:
Um, and called an Uber to take us to the wrong resort???? :headache:

Such a great view of HM and BTMR from the island
I had no idea how pretty the rest of the park looks from out there :goodvibes

The cinnamon bun looks amazing, I showed my DD the picture & she says we have to get one this summer (we have never been at Goston's, I also have "picture with Gaston" on my Disney bucket list for this summer's trip - and i'm adding the cinnamon bun to my foodie bucket list for this trip! :P
Gaston's is themed so cute inside, definitely go in! We haven't done his meet and greet but we've hung around and watched others, he's hysterical to watch. Just an fyi his line grows fast and they seem to cut it off fast! Like, he'll be taking a break, the line will grow while he's gone, and as soon as he comes out the CM with him cuts it off. So try to get there before one of his sets starts or wait for him to finish one and get on line and wait for him to come out again. Seems to be the best way to go!

We went out to Tom Sawyer Island 3 years ago on our trip. We apparently didn't do enough exploring. I think I was nursing a baby while my husband took the kids around. Maybe they found all of this stuff and never told me. :scratchin
:rotfl2:maybe they did! Maybe they were trying to be nice and didn't want to tell you what you missed, but I'd give it another go because I think everyone would enjoy finding everything we found :)

And lastly, I can't WAIT to hear about that REALLY AWESOME meetup!!!!!:cool::thumbsup2:rolleyes1
lol TOTALLY AWESOME!

Tom Sawyer Island holds a special place in my heart. On our 2013 trip, DW and oldest DD wanted to do Splash Mountain standby mid-afternoon (45 minutes posted time turned into 90 actual minutes). I took youngest DD (she was 6 at the time) over to Tom Sawyer Island for some exploring. We had that little playground to ourselves, went through the fort and barrel bridge, and then sat on the steps of the mill watching the Festival of Fantasy parade. It wasn't the best view of the parade, but it was just the two of us hanging out and something I'll always remember. :love:
Aw thank you for sharing such a sweet memory!

I still can't believe he hasn't gotten over this yet. But good he was able to overcome it with Mom to protect him :-)
I can see him telling his wife, "Nah, you go on it with the kids; I'm good"

Wow, that is crazy crowded for Aunt Polly's to be open.
I wasn't exactly thrilled when the CM told us they brought ice cream out that morning!

I haven't been to Tom Sawyer Island in years. I'll have to remember that this is a thing
You should definitely go out there, I think you guys would enjoy walking around and exploring :goodvibes

Aww so cute, I got one for my niece too, it's the red and white one with Minnie on it.
That's the one I got ::MinnieMo::MinnieMo

Congratulations grandma!
Thank you :hug:

Haha Steve looks as cool as a cucumber riding his favorite ride!
:cool2::cool::cool1:

Love your shirt! I really want a shirt that says Never Grow Up! Because that is me, totally!
I think that's ALL of us :wizard:

Subscribing!

:tinker:
:welcome: Glad you're here!!

Looks like a great first full day, spring break crowds in full force usually means FP availability sucks!

We went over to TSI in February and totally missed the area with the horse and prisoner:confused3 so fun to see on your report!

Your studio looks so nice

OK wait - I know we discussed this, I'm sure we did, but between being crazy busy with work and being old I can't keep things straight anymore :crazy: We are there at the same time, aren't we????? Because we leave now in 6 days!!!!

Yes! We leave Saturday!!!! And we return the NEXT Saturday!!!! So excited!!!

Day 2 part 2:
Wait, we have kids??
I left off with us returning to our room (where the boys already were) for just a bit before we were to meet with some awesome DISFriends. We got back there fairly quickly on the boat which was #transportationwin#2. Chris was in bed, and I reminded him he'd have to get up if he wanted dinner. Ricky decided to go to the gym for a bit.
It wasn't long before it was time for us to get "fancy" and head down to Geyser Point, where Jenny a.k.a @Jenny Sanders and her DH Joe were waiting for us! If you're reading my dining report you know that we hung out there for a good amount of time, drinking, talking, and laughing :goodvibes In fact we hung out so long that eventually the boys came down because I was supposed to text them when to meet us for dinner and that text never came.............I may have had one too many of these:

IMG_8265.JPG

Which BTW is the Blueberry Lemonade from Geyser Point. Delicious and not my last. We had dinner reservations at 5:35 but we were having so much fun, even when I checked my phone for the time I kept telling myself screw it, the boys can wait and so can dinner!
By the time we got up from our seats to leave it was already about 5:45, that's how much fun we were having! But alas all good things must come to an end; Jenny and Joe had dinner at Cali Grill waiting so we took some pictures and said our good-byes until next time.

This was our second time meeting up with Jenny and Joe and it definitely won't be our last!

IMG_8273.JPG

We moved on to our dinner which luckily was very close; right inside our resort at Artist Point. This would be a first for us but just like our DISMeet of the evening it won't be our last visit, because dinner was incredible. So incredible in fact that we were all way too full and way too tired (and in my case, this may have been in part due to the before and during dinner drinks....) to go back to MK, which had been our plan. After Steve and I had used our Dumbo FP that afternoon I'd found one for Pirates for 9:45. We were all anxious to see the new redhead scene but it was hard enough to get up and walk out of the restaurant, let alone make it all the way to a park. Note though that we WERE able to find a FP for later that night; the issue was that from 2-9:30 there was nothing. And when that one for Pirates popped up it was along with the same 3 attractions that were available all afternoon-Dumbo, Philharmagic, Speedway. I'm sure if I'd kept looking others would have opened up for probably 9:00 and after, but it didn't help us mid-day.

After dinner the kids opted to go directly back to the room while Steve and I walked around the resort a bit. We wanted to watch HEA from the dock but it was only about 8:00 so we went to check on the boys, who had gone down to the arcade. Chris came back first because Ricky was beating him at air hockey so Chris got mad, and right behind him came a knock on the door. Chris answered it, walked back to the bedroom area and told us it was "a worker with a very special gift for us".

:confused3 :scratchin :confused:

So I was nervous for about 15 seconds, until I got to the door and saw a CM with THIS in her hands:

IMG_8289.JPG

IMG_8290.JPG

It was from Jenny @Jenny Sanders and Joe :hug: with a very sweet card! Since it was right before Easter, most of the deluxe resorts (and possibly the other level resorts, I honestly don't know) were putting baskets together in their gift shops and J&J had one put together for us. It was so nice and thoughtful and we were really surprised! The boys were thrilled of course, lots of delicious Disney goodies in there.

We waited a bit and then went down to watch HEA while the boys showered and watched TV. We went out to the dock; the music is piped in, you can't see the projections obviously nor the lower fireworks but you have a decent view of the higher ones. Some tree blockage though so for your first time watching the show I don't recommend it. Much better to just have a room with a MK view.

HEAdock1.jpg

After they were over we made a pit stop in Roaring Fork for some drinks and a brownie Ricky requested:

IMG_8292.JPG

Aaaaaaaand I may have picked up my 2nd Magic Bar of the trip. Back in the room we got ready for our next morning as we were attempting to be at a park 30 minutes before RD.
I hadn't realized we'd be able to see the EWP from our room until I heard the light, tinkly music from it. The picture isn't that great but we could see if really clear from our balcony:

IMG_8293.JPG

Still a pretty view and a nice way to end the night!

On another note, Steve and I leave Saturday for a very quick, 3 night Disney stay :goodvibes This was mainly for my younger Stepson Eric who is "dating" a girl down there but they've never met, and he didn't want to go down himself in case they don't hit it off. Twist my arm sweetie, and we'll go with you! Chris chose to say home with my mom because he's Chris, and Ricky was going to come but now has a Sweet 16 party to go to Saturday and chose instead to stay back for that. We're staying at POP, a first for us, and our first value stay since 3 nights in a LM room back in 2014. Needless to stay Steve isn't looking forward to that part. I'm excited to try a new to us resort and have requested the 80's section because the 80's RULE :cool1: Right now our schedule looks like this:

-Arrive Sat. and head straight to AK for the last day of Party for the Planet: meet up with Whitney @Whit64130 before she heads home that night
Then move on to Epcot and dinner at Rose and Crown
-Sunday the 6th spend the day in MK with Eric, his gf Victoria and, I guess, Victoria's parents :ssst: We're all eating lunch at Crystal Palace together and then later on, Steve and I are having dinner at Citricos. Depending on what Eric and Victoria do and if there's a FP available, we may run over to HS after our MK FP's to ride.
-Monday the 7th we're going to begin shopping in DS and then try Jock Lindsay's for the first time for drinks and snacks. Then we're going to MK, then dinner at 1900 PF FINALLY (I've booked an cancelled this 3 or 4 times) with Eric and Victoria, and then Steve and I are going back to MK for more FP's and to meet up with @Raeven and Josh!
-Tuesday we leave, but not before Boma breakfast. I made the reservation for 4 in case Eric and Victoria want to join us.

Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare were Victoria's choices and I can't wait to see Eric meet characters! I may try to get another update done before we go depending on how the week goes :thumbsup2

spring break crowds in full force usually means FP availability sucks!
I was thinking FP availability would be similar to Thanksgiving with the headliners unavailable as extras, but this was crazy with even the secondary rides not available. There were days when by 11:00, Epcot was DONE WITH FP AVAILABILITY FOR THE DAY!!!

Your studio looks so nice
LOVED it, would stay again in a heartbeat :love:

Yes! We leave Saturday!!!! And we return the NEXT Saturday!!!! So excited!!!
I just posted our schedule in my update, I would love to meet up quick!

-Arrive Sat. and head straight to AK for the last day of Party for the Planet: meet up with Whitney @Whit64130 before she heads home that night
-Sunday the 6th spend the day in MK with Eric, his gf Victoria and, I guess, Victoria's parents :ssst: We're all eating lunch at Crystal Palace together and then later on, Steve and I are having dinner at Citricos. Depending on what Eric and Victoria do and if there's a FP available, we may run over to HS after our MK FP's to ride.
-Monday the 7th we're going to begin shopping in DS and then try Jock Lindsay's for the first time for drinks and snacks. Then we're going to MK, then dinner at 1900 PF FINALLY (I've booked an cancelled this 3 or 4 times) with Eric and Victoria, and then Steve and I are going back to MK for more FP's and to meet up with @Raeven and Josh!
-Tuesday we leave, but not before Boma breakfast. I made the reservation for 4 in case Eric and Victoria want to join us.

Oh no! It doesn't look like we are going to overlap at all!

Saturday- arrive and HS for a bit with an ADR For Scifi
Sunday - Epcot
Monday - AK
Tuesday - Bon voyage breakfast and HS. We aren't even going to be at the resort when y'all come eat breakfast at Boma. :sad1:

If you see a way to squeeze in a quick meet please let me know. I'd love to at least say hi in person. :-)

It was from Jenny @Jenny Sanders and Joe :hug: with a very sweet card! Since it was right before Easter, most of the deluxe resorts (and possibly the other level resorts, I honestly don't know) were putting baskets together in their gift shops and J&J had one put together for us. It was so nice and thoughtful and we were really surprised!

Aw that's so sweet!

the 80's section because the 80's RULE :cool1:

Yes! We loved that section when we stayed there.

Monday the 7th we're going to begin shopping in DS and then try Jock Lindsay's for the first time for drinks and snacks. Then we're going to MK, then dinner at 1900 PF FINALLY (I've booked an cancelled this 3 or 4 times) with Eric and Victoria, and then Steve and I are going back to MK for more FP's and to meet up with @Raeven and Josh!

Yay!

This was our second time meeting up with Jenny and Joe and it definitely won't be our last!

img_8273-jpg.319961

Gorgeous pic :P

So I was nervous for about 15 seconds, until I got to the door and saw a CM with THIS in her hands:

img_8289-jpg.319962

img_8290-jpg.319963

It was from Jenny @Jenny Sanders and Joe :hug: with a very sweet card! Since it was right before Easter, most of the deluxe resorts (and possibly the other level resorts, I honestly don't know) were putting baskets together in their gift shops and J&J had one put together for us. It was so nice and thoughtful and we were really surprised! The boys were thrilled of course, lots of delicious Disney goodies in there.

Wow, that's super sweet!

I hadn't realized we'd be able to see the EWP from our room until I heard the light, tinkly music from it. The picture isn't that great but we could see if really clear from our balcony:

img_8293-jpg.319966

Still a pretty view and a nice way to end the night!

Very pretty, I love the EWP :love:

On another note, Steve and I leave Saturday for a very quick, 3 night Disney stay :goodvibes This was mainly for my younger Stepson Eric who is "dating" a girl down there but they've never met, and he didn't want to go down himself in case they don't hit it off. Twist my arm sweetie, and we'll go with you! Chris chose to say home with my mom because he's Chris, and Ricky was going to come but now has a Sweet 16 party to go to Saturday and chose instead to stay back for that. We're staying at POP, a first for us, and our first value stay since 3 nights in a LM room back in 2014. Needless to stay Steve isn't looking forward to that part. I'm excited to try a new to us resort and have requested the 80's section because the 80's RULE :cool1: Right now our schedule looks like this:

Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare were Victoria's choices and I can't wait to see Eric meet characters! I may try to get another update done before we go depending on how the week goes :thumbsup2

Sounds fun! POP is my "go-to" value, and honestly, I'd rather stay there than CBR any day. Plus, those renovated rooms look really nice!

Have fun! Good luck to Eric!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter