If time and transportation were sports we'd never make the playoffs; 2018 spr. break TR *new TR!*

It was from Jenny @Jenny Sanders and Joe :hug:
How sweet! :cutie:

img_8292-jpg.319964
OMG are those brownies as big as they appear!?

I hadn't realized we'd be able to see the EWP from our room until I heard the light, tinkly music from it.
Cool! What a nice surprise :thumbsup2

We're staying at POP
I hope you enjoy POP. It's where I stay 90% of the time and I love it. Although I'm a rope drop to Wishes (errr...) kinda gal, so I'm really only there to sleep :laughing:

80's RULE
They sure do! :thumbsup2

I'm very anxious to hear how things go with Eric and Victoria - I hope they really hit it off!

Have a wonderful trip!!! :goodvibes

Ah...so many Disney restaurants to try still for us. Artist Point is one of those. Maybe for Thanksgiving?

Such fun to have so many DISMeets planned!

And another quick trip this weekend sounds FABULOUS! I wish I could squeeze one in myself, but for now I'll just have to wait...until July. :)

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST:

More of our view:

View attachment 318043

I love the picture below; for some reason I feel like it shows lots going on, lots of action: people in the pool, a guest on the bridge, a couple people strolling in front of the fence. This was from our smaller, 2nd balcony closer to the bedroom:

View attachment 318042

This was the view looking to the right from our slider balcony:

View attachment 318044

And this was right under the smaller balcony. You could also see it from the bigger balcony:

View attachment 318045

What the...??? I don't get why every few pictures one comes out so small?? I resize them all the same, whatever. Sorry for so many view pictures but as you can tell, I absolutely adore the lodge. I couldn't get enough of looking out the windows and standing on the balcony just taking this all in. I will never tire of staying there.

After we settled in we needed FOOD! Geyser Point was an option but even though we were tired we decided to trek over to the Polynesian so I could have something I tried back in November and had had dreams about since. You can find my review already done over in my dining report, but I'll give you one gorgeous picture here:

View attachment 318046

These are the pulled-pork nachos from Capt. Cooks at the Poly; you can also order them while chilling (drinking) at Tambu Lounge. If they served these at the WL I'd never have to leave. Ricky, Steve and I sat outside with this as our view:

View attachment 318047

along with lots of watercraft going by and just enjoyed the nice weather and some people watching. At the same time Chris was relaxing back in the room because why venture out when you have a bed and a TV? Steve took him down to Roaring Fork when we got back around 8:30 and he was good.

That was it for our first day! I think we did pretty well for getting up before 3am; we ate good and spent some time enjoying HS. But we were also more than happy to get to sleep! I wasn't forcing anyone to do an early RD in the morning but we were still going to attempt a somewhat decent start to the day, as I was a tad concerned that our park of choice would be more crowded than HS had been today. Um-hmm.........

Hope everyone has a good weekend! Tomorrow morning I'm going to school with Chris for our last Muffins with Moms, since he goes to Jr. High next year. Unbelievable! I mean, attitude wise he's definitely ready but in my head he's still a baby. Then Sunday we're celebrating Ricky's 16th birthday with family. His birthday was the 8th but we went to Boston that weekend to see the Celtics play and last weekend my oldest stepson had to work which is why we're just doing it now. Oh, and 2 weeks from tomorrow Steve and I will be back in Disney!!! Right now I have a meet up planned with @Raeven who I've been lucky enough to already meet twice since we don't live far from each other, but she hasn't met Steve yet and this time I'll get to meet Josh. I'm also hoping to see my very good friend Whitney @Whit64130, whom I know hasn't been on the boards for awhile but some of you I'm sure are familiar with. Really looking forward to both those meets because DISFriend meet-ups are awesome :hug:

Just now following your TR. Would it be okay if we use some of your pictures on the Copper Creek thread? The goal is to get balcony photos of all the Copper Creek rooms.

It was from Jenny @Jenny Sanders and Joe :hug: with a very sweet card!
How thoughtful!!!

I hadn't realized we'd be able to see the EWP from our room until I heard the light, tinkly music from it. The picture isn't that great but we could see if really clear from our balcony:

img_8293-jpg.319966
What an unexpected bonus!!

-Arrive Sat. and head straight to AK for the last day of Party for the Planet: meet up with Whitney @Whit64130 before she heads home that night
Then move on to Epcot and dinner at Rose and Crown
-Sunday the 6th spend the day in MK with Eric, his gf Victoria and, I guess, Victoria's parents :ssst: We're all eating lunch at Crystal Palace together and then later on, Steve and I are having dinner at Citricos. Depending on what Eric and Victoria do and if there's a FP available, we may run over to HS after our MK FP's to ride.
-Monday the 7th we're going to begin shopping in DS and then try Jock Lindsay's for the first time for drinks and snacks. Then we're going to MK, then dinner at 1900 PF FINALLY (I've booked an cancelled this 3 or 4 times) with Eric and Victoria, and then Steve and I are going back to MK for more FP's and to meet up with @Raeven and Josh!
-Tuesday we leave, but not before Boma breakfast. I made the reservation for 4 in case Eric and Victoria want to join us.
That's a jam-packed 3 days :goodvibes. Hope Eric and Victoria hit it off. ENJOY!!!

I need to try a magic bar! I'm staying at POFQ in a couple of months so I'll have to see if they have them there or Riverside.

POP is cheesy but in a cute way. Have fun on your short trip and I hope that E & V hit it off!

This was our second time meeting up with Jenny and Joe and it definitely won't be our last!
They seem like really fun people!

We moved on to our dinner which luckily was very close; right inside our resort at Artist Point. This would be a first for us but just like our DISMeet of the evening it won't be our last visit, because dinner was incredible.
Glad to hear. I am sure since WL is oour home resort we will eventually eat there. My question is, were there children there? I'm hesitatnt to take my boys to any signature at this point.

So I was nervous for about 15 seconds, until I got to the door and saw a CM with THIS in her hands:

img_8289-jpg.319962

img_8290-jpg.319963

It was from Jenny @Jenny Sanders and Joe :hug: with a very sweet card!
How very nice!

We waited a bit and then went down to watch HEA while the boys showered and watched TV. We went out to the dock; the music is piped in, you can't see the projections obviously nor the lower fireworks but you have a decent view of the higher ones.
We plan to try to catch it from GP one night, as well as ToTWL one night.

After they were over we made a pit stop in Roaring Fork for some drinks and a brownie Ricky requested:

img_8292-jpg.319964
Yum on the brownie!

I hadn't realized we'd be able to see the EWP from our room until I heard the light, tinkly music from it. The picture isn't that great but we could see if really clear from our balcony:

img_8293-jpg.319966
I am hoping for lake side this trip since I asked last trip and did not get it. Since this is a (mostly) resort only trip, it would be perfect to be able to view it from our balcony.

We're staying at POP, a first for us,
I think you know we will be trying it in October.

have requested the 80's section because the 80's RULE :cool1:
We will request the same.

then try Jock Lindsay's for the first time for drinks and snacks.
I really want to stop in here in June for a drink, after all the praise that @Jenny Sanders gives it!

If you see a way to squeeze in a quick meet please let me know. I'd love to at least say hi in person. :-)
I definitely will! I wish we had more wiggle room. Sunday is the only day Eric and Victoria are going to the parks and then Monday is when she wanted to do the dinner. A cousin of mine is also going to be in AK on the 5th (I booked their trip :D ) and I haven't seen them in ages so I'm hoping to be able to say hello. Their son is 6 and I've never met him! And that's the only day of the trip that we line up with them. I do hope we can manage to meet!

Yes! We loved that section when we stayed there.
I would love for the '80s to make a return lol. Whitney is at Pop now and requested '80's but didn't get it so I'm hoping we have better luck.

Gorgeous pic :P
:thanks:

Wow, that's super sweet!
It was! Very unexpected and those surprises are always nice :goodvibes

Have fun! Good luck to Eric!
Thank you, when he's sweating it out on the plane on the way down I'll tell him all my DISBoard friends are rooting for him :laughing:

OMG are those brownies as big as they appear!?
HUGE. And according to Ricky, delicious :thumbsup2

Although I'm a rope drop to Wishes (errr...) kinda gal, so I'm really only there to sleep :laughing:
I see that :sad: That'll be us too, Steve just likes to have a bar to get a drink at if we happen to stop back at the resort quick or return early. I don't anticipate being back early but if we go back to change or anything I bar would be nice...........

I'm very anxious to hear how things go with Eric and Victoria - I hope they really hit it off!
So do I!

Have a wonderful trip!!! :goodvibes
Thank you :hug:

Ah...so many Disney restaurants to try still for us. Artist Point is one of those. Maybe for Thanksgiving?
I know, believe it or not there are still quite a few we haven't tried that we want to. I definitely say give AP a try!

Just now following your TR
:welcome: Glad you're here!

Would it be okay if we use some of your pictures on the Copper Creek thread? The goal is to get balcony photos of all the Copper Creek rooms.
Absolutely, that would be great!!!

How thoughtful!!!
Very thoughtful and much appreciated :goodvibes

That's a jam-packed 3 days :goodvibes. Hope Eric and Victoria hit it off. ENJOY!!!
I know lol, I have to get the most out of our time since we won't be back for a whole 3 months lol.

Sounded like a great evening!
Yes, not a bad day and definitely a great evening!

I need to try a magic bar! I'm staying at POFQ in a couple of months so I'll have to see if they have them there or Riverside.
Ooh I hope they still have them there! But if not just take a boat ride over to WL one day when your at MK. It'll be worth it, believe me :thumbsup2
Have fun on your short trip and I hope that E & V hit it off!
Thank you, me too!

First, have a GREAT trip!
:thanks:

Second, that cute couple that gave you that ADORABLE Easter basket sure appreciated ALL that alcohol!!!!!
Ha ha just one reason we get along so well ;)

Finally, That same cute couple thinks you and Steve should meet us in WDW in October...:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1
OMG I'd love to. I know we want to get down there for F&W, the question is just when. It'll all depend on when my mom can watch the boys, and sports schedules..........

They seem like really fun people!
Oh they are party:

Glad to hear. I am sure since WL is oour home resort we will eventually eat there. My question is, were there children there? I'm hesitatnt to take my boys to any signature at this point.
You know I don't remember there being tons of kids there BUT, we've been to quite a few signatures as you know and we've seen kids at all of them. Never a problem and they're never out of place at any of them,and all ages from infants to teens so you'd be fine!

We plan to try to catch it from GP one night, as well as ToTWL one night.
I don't know how the view is from GP? It seems like it wouldn't be any better than from the dock but maybe it is........

I am hoping for lake side this trip since I asked last trip and did not get it
I hope you get it!

I think you know we will be trying it in October.
I do, I'll be sure to give you our honest feedback.

I really want to stop in here in June for a drink, after all the praise that @Jenny Sanders gives it!
That's exactly why we're trying it!

Such a great picture of the 4 of you and what a thoughtful gift :goodvibes
Glad you enjoyed Artist Point I’m heading there next to read your review
Have a wonderful time you have a lot of great things planned
We really enjoyed our POP stay last May and the new rooms look great

OMG I'd love to. I know we want to get down there for F&W, the question is just when. It'll all depend on when my mom can watch the boys, and sports schedules..........

We will be there Oct 7-10. We are planning on MNSSHP on the 8th, followed by a day at Epcot and AK. I still haven't seen Pandora...Sigh.

We are bringing Gia with us.:P

You all look so nice, headed off to your signature dinners! @Jenny Sanders is killin' the white capris!

Also, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Artist Point so much! I don't ever really hear much buzz about it, but we love WL so I'm always looking for an excuse to go, so we've got it booked to try at the end of the month when we go down. Nom!

It was from Jenny @Jenny Sanders and Joe :hug: with a very sweet card! Since it was right before Easter, most of the deluxe resorts (and possibly the other level resorts, I honestly don't know) were putting baskets together in their gift shops and J&J had one put together for us. It was so nice and thoughtful and we were really surprised! The boys were thrilled of course, lots of delicious Disney goodies in there.

This is so sweet! What a nice treat for you and the boys :)

How cool is that!!

On another note, Steve and I leave Saturday for a very quick, 3 night Disney stay :goodvibes This was mainly for my younger Stepson Eric who is "dating" a girl down there but they've never met, and he didn't want to go down himself in case they don't hit it off. Twist my arm sweetie, and we'll go with you!

Twist my arm is right!! Well I hope they have a nice time together (my mom met her husband online and they were long distance for quite some time, though not quite as far as NY and Florida.) But I mostly hope that you have a great mini Disney trip!!

Then move on to Epcot and dinner at Rose and Crown

Yum! Are you hoping for an Illuminations view? The more I eat here, the more I like it. We had a great meal, great service, and an awesome view of Illuminations on our last trip.

later on, Steve and I are having dinner at Citricos. D

Yum. Somehow I'm not surprised. :rolleyes1

-Tuesday we leave, but not before Boma breakfast. I made the reservation for 4 in case Eric and Victoria want to join us.

Excellent choice! I think if I had to survive on one restaurant meal for the rest of my life, it would be Boma breakfast. So much variety, and so much yum! :lovestruc:lovestruc

That Blueberry Lemonade looks so refreshing. I’m going to have to try one in November! Sounds like y’all had a great time hanging out with your friends.. and oh my gosh, that’s so sweet they sent up a basket of goodies!

I’m like you, I can eat multiple magic bars and be completely happy!

Trying (again) to get caught up on the Boards. May as well during a night shift. :)

I had NO idea TSI had so much cool stuff on it. I really need to put that on my list and see it for myself after not having been for like 20 years.

LOVE me some AP! I could live on the mushroom soup! So yummo. I love that you got to enjoy it with good friends and plenty of good fun. :)

In fact we hung out so long that eventually the boys came down because I was supposed to text them when to meet us for dinner and that text never came.............I may have had one too many of these:

img_8265-jpg.319960
That's my girl :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

his would be a first for us but just like our DISMeet of the evening it won't be our last visit, because dinner was incredible.
So glad to hear you all loved it. We haven't been there in a few years for reasons I really can't remember other than we haven't stayed at WL. Fingers crossed we can find a military rate there in 2019 :-) Let me know if you know some who can help with that.

img_8290-jpg.319963

It was from Jenny @Jenny Sanders and Joe :hug: with a very sweet card! Since it was right before Easter, most of the deluxe resorts (and possibly the other level resorts, I honestly don't know) were putting baskets together in their gift shops and J&J had one put together for us. It was so nice and thoughtful and we were really surprised! The boys were thrilled of course, lots of delicious Disney goodies in there.
Wow!!!!! I knew Jenny was "sweet" but that takes it to a whole new level :love:

We went out to the dock; the music is piped in, you can't see the projections obviously nor the lower fireworks but you have a decent view of the higher ones. Some tree blockage though so for your first time watching the show I don't recommend it. Much better to just have a room with a MK view.

headock1-jpg.319982
Is this something new they started doing? I don't remember them doing this before.

Aaaaaaaand I may have picked up my 2nd Magic Bar of the trip.
I'm surprised you are only at 2. Those things are a thing of wonder, er I mean magic :P

img_8293-jpg.319966
This was my favorite thing when we had the room in that location. When I was like 5 we went to WDW and stayed at the Contemporary in I think a garden suite. I kept telling my parents that i saw lights outside at night, but they just thought I was crazy. Well finally by Dad looked out and there was the water parade. Still have a nostalgic place in my heart for it since it essentially hasn't changed in 40 years :-)

his was mainly for my younger Stepson Eric who is "dating" a girl down there but they've never met, and he didn't want to go down himself in case they don't hit it off.
Looks like you all are having fun, but can't wait to see how the girlfriend thing goes.

After they were over we made a pit stop in Roaring Fork for some drinks and a brownie Ricky requested:

img_8292-jpg.319964

-Arrive Sat. and head straight to AK for the last day of Party for the Planet: meet up with Whitney @Whit64130 before she heads home that night

Super glad I got to hang out with y’all for a little bit before heading home! And glad I got to finally meet Steve even if he was judging our DIS meet along with the Minnie Van Driver!:rotfl:

And I must say those brownies from Roaring Fork are the best! I didn’t discover them until the last day of our trip last year but I guess I can officially say I will be having them a lot more often now that I decided to buy DVC at Copper Creek!!! I wanted to text you but knew you were traveling today. So you will have a pleasant surprise when you read this!:jumping1:

Hi Ariane! Just stopping in with some exciting news!

I'm happy to report after a very long 4 year break (for many reasons) that my family will be staying at All Star Music from August 17-27, 2018.
I was never sure if this trip would ever happen, and it will be a little different than my other trips. I've never been to either of the All Stars. I have nothing against them, and they seem nice enough. But we settled into being a "moderate" family. The deluxe resorts look beautiful and I'm sure they are. But without being DVC, they are a bit hard on my wallet. The moderates gave us two sinks, queen beds, which for a family of four (three ladies), it was nice. Looking at another trip, I knew I had to take a different financial approach. I'm not where I was four years ago. This trip there will be no Universal, no shopping spree, fewer days overall. When the free dining came out, I started thinking about it. I nearly missed it all, the rooms are so limited for free dining. By the time I got the vacation days approved and looked at prices, the only thing left in free dining was preferred rooms at ASMu. But I'm sure it will be great.

It looks like my countdown ticker is very similar to your countdown ticker. Hmmm.....:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter