I voted yesterday... No Political statements just asking about the method you chose on casting your ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TX, voted in person on the first day of early voting. Waited 15 minutes.

I'm proud of all 3 dd's (ages 18-21.) They all registered this summer and drove in from college to early vote in person this weekend.

I've early voted at the same location (which is across the street from my workplace) for every election for the last 15 years. I have NEVER seen the lines or the number of young people I'm seeing this year.

Georgia...I did early voting in person. They had sanitized styluses for everyone to use, everyone in masks with distancing. Only about a 5 minute wait...I’m retired so went in after the morning crush of working folks. 😄

NJ- received my Mail-In Ballot on September 28th (every registered voter in NJ was mailed a ballot automatically), dithered for a few days about putting it in the mail or taking to the official drop box at the Municipal Building. I finally decided and dropped it in the box on October 2nd.

NO Political Reference's, Innuendos, side bar snide remarks... NO discussion on the candidates either way...
This is just to see how other folks across our great nation, decided on which method they choose to cast their ballot.

Early voting opened early in Florida yesterday, and I went in person to vote, 3 hours 30 minutes to cast my ballot, and see the words your vote has been counted... Yay.. DH took his ballot to the supervisor of elections office, very close to where he works, he wanted to vote in person but working in essential service, he doesn't have time to do it, so he did it with the drop off... Yay.. so we are all done...

Everyone was very nice, standing in line, talking, and passing the time... and most of all everyone was respectful to each other... Everyone was wearing mask, and social distancing... For the most part I think people where prepared ahead of time, and knew the ballot, and were ready to vote...

What State do you live in...

Have you voted yet? method you choose to vote?

If you haven't voted yet.... what method are you going to use?...

Hi, good thread, I wanted to share my experience but was concerned if the moderator would shut it down.

NJ

Yes, dropped of my ballot at the Board of Elections office in person. In NJ the only options are mail in ballot or provisional ballot at polling place but I was told by someone at the board of elections that I had to be disabled and my disability had to be that I'm blind to go to the polling place.

DH and I dropped off our ballots yesterday 10/19/20, I was surprised to see a line outside of the building.

Absentee ballot that my husband dropped off at one of two official drop boxes. There is one at city hall and one at the elections office and I’m not sure which one he chose.

A question for American voters.....why are the lines 3-5 hours long to vote? Are there not enough polling stations or is it the process? I live in Canada and have never waited in a line to vote. We have many in each city.....our subdivision alone had two. Just curious on what causes the long lines.

I’m in California. My district has been 100% mail in since before we moved in 11 years ago. I got my ballet last week and will drop it off in the ballet drop off at the county building before Election Day.

A question for American voters.....why are the lines 3-5 hours long to vote? Are there not enough polling stations or is it the process? I live in Canada and have never waited in a line to vote. We have many in each city.....our subdivision alone had two. Just curious on what causes the long lines.
There are a couple of reasons. A lot of voter turnout. We are at approximately 20% of all votes in the 2016 election and we still have two weeks to go. Another reason is voter suppressions...lack of polling stations (yes some could be due to lack of poll workers but I think most is voter suppression). Some places only have ONE for a large county. That is insane. Where I live, in Maryland, I think my county has over a dozen early voting locations.

Because for early voting they do not open all the polling stations.
It isn't voter suppression as all the polling stations will be open on Election Day itself, and people can also vote by mail with an absentee ballot.
In NY we have 10 days to vote early in person including weekends, my ds will be doing that since he will have class (away at school) on election day. My dd applied for an absentee ballot since she is away at school.
Dh and I will vote on election day.

There are a couple of reasons. A lot of voter turnout. We are at approximately 20% of all votes in the 2016 election and we still have two weeks to go. Another reason is voter suppressions...lack of polling stations (yes some could be due to lack of poll workers but I think most is voter suppression). Some places only have ONE for a large county. That is insane. Where I live, in Maryland, I think my county has over a dozen early voting locations.
Thanks! Very interesting.

Early voting started Tuesday. DH voted Wednesday evening with no line. I went with an 18 year old from work, we waited 30 minutes on Thursday at 10:45. One son went at 12:15 and had no line. Still waiting for the other son to go vote. In Texas there is no absentee voting unless you are out of the state during the entire voting period, 65 and older, or are sick or disabled. My step-mom is 64 and a 10 month cancer survivor that was not able to use possible exposure to COVID as a reason to vote by mail.

OP here.. Florida
We have lots of early voting places open, more this year than ever before... With Covid and the Rules in place for Social distancing. So for instant where we vote normally has about 20 spots to mark your ballot, this year only 4... Because less people willing to work in the polls, lots of senior normally do this for extra cash and most are being very cautious. So with a limited number of worker, the guide lines we ended up with 4 booth at my normal polling spot...

Lots of people in line said that they had always voted in person and would continue to do so. A family in front of me, it was both kids first time voting and the Dad said that they need to understand the process, and exercise that privilege of putting the ballot in the machine, like a right of passage... and see how it works especially for the first time. Both young adults walked out with their I voted sticker and smile on their face.. Nice to see...

Because for early voting they do not open all the polling stations.
It isn't voter suppression as all the polling stations will be open on Election Day itself, and people can also vote by mail with an absentee ballot.
In NY we have 10 days to vote early in person including weekends, my ds will be doing that since he will have class (away at school) on election day. My dd applied for an absentee ballot since she is away at school.
Dh and I will vote on election day.

Some places have hours long lines on election day, too. That's usually due to voter suppression (too few polling places, understaffed, etc.).

I will vote in person with a group of friends like we always do. We have polling centers in my county so we can Vote at anyone in the county we go to one that doesn't get a lot of people so pretty easy. The one next to my office people wait at least an hour, I can go get a coffee meet my friends, go back to the office and the same people are still in line.

Some places have hours long lines on election day, too. That's usually due to voter suppression (too few polling places, understaffed, etc.).

Then that isn't voter suppression.
We have the option of mail in, early voting, or voting on election day. Unless someone is holding you hostage so that you cant take advantage of one of those options you aren't being supressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter