I voted yesterday... No Political statements just asking about the method you chose on casting your ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think that’s true about having to be blind, ds19 messed up his ballot (put it in the envelope upside down) so plans to go in person.

Hi according to the NJ website it is not true I'm just repeating what I was told when I called the Burlington County Board of Elections.

Also I checked the website to see if our ballots were received, they are not showing as being received but we only dropped them off yesterday before noon so it may take a day or two for it to show up.

California-received our mail in ballots the beginning of October. My husband and I went over them and talked through the propositions, etc. I dropped off our ballots at our local library drop box on Oct 13, signed up for ballot trax notifications. I got the email on Oct 17 that our ballots were received and counted. This is the first time my younger son(20) has been eligible to vote, so proud of him. Get out and vote!

Going today. We have to drive to an extra distance, because our normal polling place is a rec center that is currently not requiring masks for it's members. So our 5 minutes drive will be 20 minutes, to vote safely.

Ohio: Husband and I requested absentee ballots. I drove them downtown to our county Board of Elections on 10/12 to drop them into the ballot box...they were accepted for counting on 10/15. There were a lot of people there voting early.

We plan to vote in person on Nov 3. Will be very interesting to see how busy it will be. Just reading (not counting) through the posts , it looks like about 75% mail in/drop off, 15 % early in person voting and 10 % Nov 3 in person voting.

Does anyone know if you can put your ballot into another state’s ballot box? I’m guessing no and will have my daughter just mail it.

Our county (Miami-Dade, FL) elections office has a good bit of info on their website, including wait times and number of votes cast for all 33 of our Early Voting sites.

We had 43,000+ votes cast yesterday, and most sites have NO wait time at all. Only about 5-6 have wait times, and the longest wait I saw was 45 minutes. The site where I dropped off yesterday has a 25 minute wait today.

Pennsylvania. I will be voting in person on Tuesday, November 3rd. I mailed in my ballot in the primary, but I have specific reasons why I don't feel comfortable doing it this way in November.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can put your ballot into another state’s ballot box? I’m guessing no and will have my daughter just mail it.
Ballot box? I would think not.
In Michigan you have to place your ballot into your ballot box location. Where I live the township the ballot box is almost a 15 minute drive from my house. There is a different township drop off box a 3 minute walk from my house. If I put my ballot in the one within walking distance, it won't be counted.
---
My wife and I voted already and I took out ballots to the drop off location. Looked online two days later and saw that they had been received.

Maryland

Took absentee ballot to a drop box at the county administration building. Have received email confirmation that is was received.

Coloardo-we have had vote by mail for close to 20 years for the entire electorate. Ballots are mailed 30 days prior to the election, you can return by mail, at a ballot drop box or in person on election day. ballots returned by mail or drop box must have a signature matching that on your voter registration to count.

We return ours to a guarded drop box on the military installation we work on and track on line to ensure they are received and counted. This is not a new for COVID procedure for us-its how it always gets done.

Not a fan of either candidate so sitting this one out.

So you are satisfied with the status Quo at all levels of government and willing to let state initiatives that may negatively impact you just pass you by?
This is why we get laws and representation that people complain about-if you do not vote you also forgo any right to complain about government in my opinion.

Here if you requested a mail-in ballot you should vote that way. Voting in-person when you've requested a mail-in ballot causes that ballot in-person to be provisional which is then not counted until November 11th. Some people were doing that because they were anxious about getting their mail-in ballots in the mail (which were just mailed on October 14th). The County's board pleaded with people to be patient. If you were wanting your vote to be counted early and so you went and voted in person you actually did the opposite and slowed down the process. 1,000 people already did that unfortunately on the first day of advanced voting....

Anywho we got our ballots a few days ago, haven't completed it yet but we will soon. We'll just drop it off at the Election office but there are more drop boxes added this year 6 of which are at the 6 of the county's library locations for those concerned about mailing the ballots.

Normally we advance vote in-person (usually in and out in about 5mins-10mins) but this year we took advantage of the county sending mail-in applications to every registered voter and filled them out for both the August election and for this upcoming November one. We can track our ballots online.

Looking at the news stories advanced voting (opened up this past Saturday) was attended by a good amount of people on the first day, videos reflected social distancing was being completed fairly well, people were wearing masks, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter