I made these Mickey Head Ornaments and tree topper!~Share what you've made.

This is beautiful! I recently convinced my husband to change our tree theme to a Disney theme. Wuhoo! We went Ape_Crazy at the Disney Store and ended up spending a small fortune redecoradting the tree. I wish I would've seen this thread earlier :( We purchased a Mickey & Minnie tree topper (small M&M on a silver ball with a green base) which is nice, but ur styrofoam topper is much nicer! Keep up the wonderful job! ;)

:cool1: I ran across this thread today...... so awesome!

Wish I had seen it before Christmas but alas..now I know what I'll be making for my tree this next Christmas! :woohoo:

Everything is so beautiful!

I just wanted to share...this is a picture of my door wreath. Mickey Head is courtesy of my kids from a few years back...they bought it on clearance from the Disney Store..... the pic is sans the Minnie Ribbon...but you get the idea!

disneywreath.jpg

:cool1: I ran across this thread today...... so awesome!

Wish I had seen it before Christmas but alas..now I know what I'll be making for my tree this next Christmas! :woohoo:

Everything is so beautiful!

I just wanted to share...this is a picture of my door wreath. Mickey Head is courtesy of my kids from a few years back...they bought it on clearance from the Disney Store..... the pic is sans the Minnie Ribbon...but you get the idea!

disneywreath.jpg

I made a wreath like this, pretty huge, strung it with clear lights and it hangs at the peak of our garage each Christmas. Love it!

I LOVE the styrofoam balls ornament! I will definitely be trying that this year. Thanks for the pictures and idea.

Hidden Mickey Ornaments
I bought shatterproof ornament balls, filled with black sand, added store bought shells, and added an orange punch Mickey Mouse. I glued the top on, just to be sure none came loose during travel or cruise. I attached a bow to all. The tag on each was a shrinky dink. I took a DISign from the boards (Millipie), and personalized with our dates. I used the shrinky dinks designed for printing with your printer.

Stephanie[/QUOTE]

Do you remember about how much sand you added to each ornament? Also where did you find the shrinky dinks?

I think you can get Shrinky Dinks at a local crafts store. I think I bought mine at either Michael's or ACMoore. You can check Joann Fabric or Hobby Lobby.

I think you can get Shrinky Dinks at a local crafts store. I think I bought mine at either Michael's or ACMoore. You can check Joann Fabric or Hobby Lobby.

Thanks for the info. I tried my local Joann Fabric, but I didn't see any there - I might check online or try Hobby Lobby the next time I am there.

wareco1 said:
Hidden Mickey Ornaments
I bought shatterproof ornament balls, filled with black sand, added store bought shells, and added an orange punch Mickey Mouse. I glued the top on, just to be sure none came loose during travel or cruise. I attached a bow to all. The tag on each was a shrinky dink. I took a DISign from the boards (Millipie), and personalized with our dates. I used the shrinky dinks designed for printing with your printer.

Stephanie

Do you remember about how much sand you added to each ornament? Also where did you find the shrinky dinks?[/QUOTE]

I bought Shrinky Dinks at Michaels. I used a graphic from DISboards and printed onto Shrinky Finks from my computer. I bought the printable ones. It was truly simple. As for the amount of sand, I just eyeballed it and made sure it wasn't too heavy. I just made Christmas ones for our recent Dream Cruise. I used a 1"design and glued into a bottlecap and attached to the ornament. I will try to post a picture soon.

This is the Disney Ornie I made for my Christmas tree this year.
DSCN9329_zps739b9a91.jpg

Thank you for starting this thread up and share how you did all those amazing ornaments, and make them affordable! I have to try these and see if I can make them. Thanks for the info everyone has posted here, very much appreciated!

I was in WDW during their christmas celebration (Nov 26-Dec 3, 2006)and loved all the mickey head ornaments. I got inspired and just thought I'd share. These were very easy to make.

Some styro foam balls, sticks, glue, and metallic spray paint.

Assembly was quick. So was painting and retouches.

ornaments008.jpg
ornaments012.jpg
ornaments016.jpg
ornaments007.jpg
ornaments006.jpg

Thank you soon very much for starting up this thread and being willing to share your amazing creativity, which gave me the chance to do something that I would otherwise not be able to afford. Its going to make our christmas extra special.

Here is what I was able to create so far. Thank you so much!

I think I just might try some of these this year. What kind of glue did you use. Need something that will hold up in storage in the attic. How did you get the string on the Styrofoam?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter