I made these Mickey Head Ornaments and tree topper!~Share what you've made.

monymony3471

DIS Veteran
I was in WDW during their christmas celebration (Nov 26-Dec 3, 2006)and loved all the mickey head ornaments. I got inspired and just thought I'd share. These were very easy to make.

Some styro foam balls, sticks, glue, and metallic spray paint.

Assembly was quick. So was painting and retouches.

ornaments008.jpg
ornaments012.jpg
ornaments016.jpg
ornaments007.jpg
ornaments006.jpg

Just love it I think I will borrow that great idea if you don't mind! I love it!!!!

I have no problem with anyone wanting to do this. That is a very nice compliment. Actually thanks to everyone. I had fun with this and if I can do something like this, anyone can.

It totally finished my tree and I just love to look at it now.

Very cute!! I saw these ornaments too, and loved them, but didn't want to risk bringing them back home via the plane! And not to mention the WDW price tag! LOL
Did you just glue the balls on for ears? And what did you use a stick for?
One more question..if you don't mind..lol..
How did you finish off the top for them to hang?

Thanks so much! Looks great!

Very cute!! I saw these ornaments too, and loved them, but didn't want to risk bringing them back home via the plane! And not to mention the WDW price tag! LOL
Did you just glue the balls on for ears? And what did you use a stick for?
One more question..if you don't mind..lol..
How did you finish off the top for them to hang?

Thanks so much! Looks great!

I bought styrofoam glue and I used skewers to hold the ears in place. Toothpicks worked on the smaller ones. My mistake saying sticks.

I used ornament hooks. I reshaped them like a bobby pin, put the loop of string through one end, and then pushed the "pin" through the styrofoam at the top of the head. Barely shows. Worked perfectly. Hope that helps.

I love your tree and ornaments! I am such a glitter fan! That would be so cool to do in different color schemes!

what a fabulous idea!!! i wish i had come to this community before christmas!!! but at least now i have a new project for our In-resort-room tree next year!!

Those are great, thanks for sharing. We may have to add your idea to our Disney tree next year.

awww and the little ephiphany (sp) already here... oh well lots to make for next year!! :) I always make ornaments for place settings I could do this but paint the top half a different color and glitter the names on like the mouse ear hats. Thanks!!!!

I Love these...so cute. We are going to have a separate Disney tree next year in the den, so I will definitely be making some of these. Got the Tink treetopper this year. Thanks for sharing!

I love the tree!! We have a Disney tree downstairs in the den that these would look wonderful on.

Gotta go to the craft store this weekend. :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter