I made these Mickey Head Ornaments and tree topper!~Share what you've made.

We will be spending Christmas at WDW :woohoo: so I made a few things for our room. I plan on putting up a tabletop tree.
DSCN0365.jpg
Tree Topper
DSCN0366.jpg
ornaments

DSCN0364.jpg
Tree skirt
DSCN0363.jpg
Wall hanging for in the widow or on the door.

Super cute!! How did you make the mirrored Mickeys and the candy cane one, too?

anyone out there make any new ornaments that they would like to share.

Ive been on the dis for a while now and this is the first time Ive been on here....Ive been missing out!!! The ornaments and other crafts are AWESOME!!!! hope you dont mind if I use your ideas!!!

We will be spending Christmas at WDW :woohoo: so I made a few things for our room. I plan on putting up a tabletop tree.
DSCN0365.jpg
Tree Topper
DSCN0366.jpg
ornaments

DSCN0364.jpg
Tree skirt
DSCN0363.jpg

I was just wondering if you used these this year? I loved the candy cane one so much, I was hoping to make one this year, but it doesn't look too promising.

I'm definitely going to try some of these ornaments this year!! I'd love to make a Mickey wreath for the door too. I remember a couple years ago seeing one on these boards in the three circle Mickey head shape. Maybe I'll head to Michaels later and browse!!

DSCN0365.jpg
Tree Topper
DSCN0366.jpg
ornaments

DSCN0364.jpg
Tree skirt
DSCN0363.jpg

I'm with everyone else...how in the world did you make the mirrored Mickey Heads? :scratchin

I love all of the ideas on this thread! We just got off the Disney Dream this past Thursday after sailing for Halloween. I made a "hidden" Mickey ornament for each stateroom for our FE gift. (For those that haven't cruised on DCL yet, an FE is like a secret Santa where we drop little gifts off to other DISers on board-great fun!). I made 60 of them. I used Halloween colors as we were on the Dream for the Halloween cruise. My DD-7 helped me to put them together. We had fun delivering them to everyone, and of course we kept a few for our tree as well.

Hidden Mickey Ornaments
I bought shatterproof ornament balls, filled with black sand, added store bought shells, and added an orange punch Mickey Mouse. I glued the top on, just to be sure none came loose during travel or cruise. I attached a bow to all. The tag on each was a shrinky dink. I took a DISign from the boards (Millipie), and personalized with our dates. I used the shrinky dinks designed for printing with your printer.

Stephanie

How do you know who is a
diser? And how many you are going to need? The ornaments are beautiful.

For a Disney Cruise, on the DCL forum there is a meets section where you can "meet" your fellow cruisers ahead of time in the boards. Many times the group decides to meet once on board, some participate in the FE (fish extender) exchange. It's great fun. I have been on 13 DCL trips, and each one where we have participated in the FE has been different. Generally someone "owns" the list. There is a cut off at some point to join. You share some information, including stateroom number. Once on board, usually there is a master list on someone's door in case of upgrades, etc. People hang FE's, which are long skinny bags with pockets, a tote bag, even a shopping bag off the fish, or other sea creature outside their stateroom door.

Our DD loves returning to our stateroom to check out what goodies have been left while we were out and about. For us, it's a fun way to share some homemade gifts (many people buy things which is also fun), walk the ship, and meet other DISers. We have made some great friends this way!

Stephanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter