• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 4 CC that I use regularly. My bill paying checking acct does not earn interest and I prefer to have the money come out as I spend it so DH and I know what is in there day to day without checking in with each other when we need to make an ATM withdrwal. I put a lot on those 4 CC and paying it off monthly would overwhelm me in terms of "how much I owe." Seeing low current balances on my CCs is the only way I could play this game.

But I do see your point as well. If I had over 20 CC that I use regularly, it would be daunting to log on every day. I am a slow churner. Right now I have a total of 11 cards, 5 in the last 24 months. But as I said, I only regularly use 4 of those cards.
I am the same way. I am just starting this game, but i have to pay it immediately so I know the bills are pay and this is what i have left until next check.

Yea it’s 0% interest (I chose to only pay 100 a month on it) and it’s more of a me not wanting to pay off my husband’s ex’s debt in whole lol. It’s what he ended up with in their divorce. I have been toying around with the idea of paying bills with a credit credit and paying it off each month. But it terrifies me that I will screw something up and end up with Interest.

Your $600 is at 0% so I wouldn't worry about, keep doing what you're doing there. I would look into paying your everyday expenses with a cash back or points earning card, then using those earnings to pay for your vacation or at least a large part of your vacation. This way you aren't charging your vacation and potentially paying interest on it. You only charge what you have cash to cover, treat it just as you would cash/debit. I pay my cards on a weekly basis, with the exception of monthly bills. Bills are paid usually during hte first week and then the credit card paid as soon as those post. Your main goal is to know how much cash you have available and never charge more than that.

Ok I know I was in the 'I don't MS' camp pretty solidly a few days ago buuut...being sick with a cold has caused me to spend an extraordinary amount of time online the last few days and I think I my have changed my mind.

Would it be reasonable to try to pay my mortgage with a MO from WM purchased with gift cards :confused3. My mortgage is $947 so I could buy 2x $500 GCs for a fee of $3.95 each and then get a MO from WM for .88. I always pay a extra on my payment so no bigger to get 1k in GC's. This would end up costing me $8.78 VS Plastiq's $25.00 plus I wouldn't have to worry about fudging names trying to force a mortgage payment through.

Is this a thing that can happen or am I making this up?

it works... but its very YMMV based on your local walmart. I had a manager called on me once at walmart...

Ok I know I was in the 'I don't MS' camp pretty solidly a few days ago buuut...being sick with a cold has caused me to spend an extraordinary amount of time online the last few days and I think I my have changed my mind.

Would it be reasonable to try to pay my mortgage with a MO from WM purchased with gift cards :confused3. My mortgage is $947 so I could buy 2x $500 GCs for a fee of $3.95 each and then get a MO from WM for .88. I always pay a extra on my payment so no bigger to get 1k in GC's. This would end up costing me $8.78 VS Plastiq's $25.00 plus I wouldn't have to worry about fudging names trying to force a mortgage payment through.

Is this a thing that can happen or am I making this up?

I haven’t done this yet, but I want to try soon. It’s very YMMV. You need to find a store that will let you buy GC with a credit card and then find a store that will sell you a MO without looking at your debit card. Also some brand of GC don’t work at Walmart, but will work at grocery stores. I forgot which was which. I practiced with using a real debit card. My one grocery store wanted ID and my debit card to see if the name matched. The other didn’t even look.

it works... but its very YMMV based on your local walmart. I had a manager called on me once at walmart...

Do the single swipe MO's seem to fly under the radar more than using 2+ cards? You'd really only be out the .88 splitting it up, right? I have 3 different loan payments in the 400$ range that I could do instead which might be better to test the waters and then load the rest to Amazon. Lord knows it will get used there!

We have 2 Walmarts pretty close to me and 2 more about a 20 minute drive further so I have a few to pick from.

Just applied for the CIP for my DH. Got the 30-day message, so fingers crossed! Will start obsessively calling the automated status line any second now, lol. He does all the packaging and shipping for my/our eBay selling, so I felt justified in giving a biz card for him a shot. I'm not out of the 5/24 doghouse until Oct. and didn't want to wait that long for the CIP. We have pay in full dates for balances for two summer trips coming up, so I figured that was the perfect opportunity to knock off MSR for that card and earn 3x in the process. Now here's to hoping Chase doesn't foil my master plan....

A lot of my friends know I’m the “crazy credit card guy”. Sometimes I’ll actually share links on Facebook - it’s my hobby after all, lol. Recently I shared a link for the AMEX Everyday Card and did a little writeup on the 0% intro APR and NO balance transfer fee offer. Obviously I also included that it would earn some MRs as a signup bonus. I mentioned it was an especially good offer for somebody currently carrying CC debt who has a decent credit score.

I actually got two thank you messages from friends who each had a decent chunk of CC debt and will now be able to avoid interest for over a year while working to pay it down. Hopefully they will actually take advantage of the opportunity but it was neat to see my churning hobby intersect with potentially helping people :) They aren’t super close friend or anything so I didn’t try to pry into how much debt or what caused it - just thanked them for using my link and let them know to reach out with any questions.

Last edited:

I'm so happy!! Had to report back that my CIP was *finally* approved after almost two weeks of waiting (and numerous phone calls). I called the automated number on Friday, and it was still saying 30 days (grrr), but it showed up in my Chase account today. It wasn't there yesterday. I have an LLC, and I'd applied in branch for the 100k UR on March 6 and had to follow up the next day because of my credit freeze. The lending department had tons of questions, but she eventually approved it. It went to a senior lender for approval and they, too, approved. Then it got knocked into "verification." Whatever that means. I called twice to follow up, and I was still getting the 10-14 days but it could be 30.

Just for reference my stats were 3/24, but this was my fourth Chase business card in 2-3 years and my 9th overall Chase card at application time. Since my application, I got rid of my two Southwest cards that were up for renewal to hopefully churn in a couple years for another SWA Companion Pass. So now I have 2 Chase Business and 7 Chase cards. Think I'll hold tight with Chase for a while :)

Now I can apply for the SPG before the end of the month. I was holding off just in case. DH's SPG showed up yesterday--8 days after approval. He'll go for the CIP next. I already did the referral link for him :)

Thanks to all for the encouragement. Any idea when I can expect to see the card? I have an expensive business trip coming up that I'd love to put on this.

I need some advice. I opened a CSP 11 months ago and 2 SW cards to earn the sign up bonuses and CP 9 months ago. I have been slow to sign up for any other cards because our travel plans have changed. I was thinking of bringing the entire family to Mexico or Hawaii in late 2019 but they want to go back to Disney. We own DVC so hotel rewards are not needed. Usually I have my adult kids pay their own airfare since that's something we would get stifffed with if anyone backed out. I've gotten preapproved for the Amex Delta gold card...I think the sign up bonus is 60 ,000 pts. I'm wondering if this is too good a deal to pass up and I also don't know how else I could earn and use cc reward points for the family trip to Disney. I would need to buy park tickets and food for that trip. Any general advice for me?

I need some advice. I opened a CSP 11 months ago and 2 SW cards to earn the sign up bonuses and CP 9 months ago. I have been slow to sign up for any other cards because our travel plans have changed. I was thinking of bringing the entire family to Mexico or Hawaii in late 2019 but they want to go back to Disney. We own DVC so hotel rewards are not needed. Usually I have my adult kids pay their own airfare since that's something we would get stifffed with if anyone backed out. I've gotten preapproved for the Amex Delta gold card...I think the sign up bonus is 60 ,000 pts. I'm wondering if this is too good a deal to pass up and I also don't know how else I could earn and use cc reward points for the family trip to Disney. I would need to buy park tickets and food for that trip. Any general advice for me?
Have you considered using Chase URs to purchase tickets? Are you in 1 player or 2 player mode?

Almost halfway through my delta biz msr after about a week. I'd be over half if the three runs I registered for this week had taken amex. One took diners club but not amex! It hurt having to put almost 300 in registration fees on my cfu but at least I got 1.5 pts.

Almost done with my vacation shopping too, just need to find a spring weight jacket that's cute, potentially an olive or army green if anyone happens to see one. I didn't like the one at old navy when I saw it in person. I'm not used to vacations where I can't wear shorts or capris the whole week.

I'm so happy!! Had to report back that my CIP was *finally* approved after almost two weeks of waiting (and numerous phone calls). I called the automated number on Friday, and it was still saying 30 days (grrr), but it showed up in my Chase account today. It wasn't there yesterday. I have an LLC, and I'd applied in branch for the 100k UR on March 6 and had to follow up the next day because of my credit freeze. The lending department had tons of questions, but she eventually approved it. It went to a senior lender for approval and they, too, approved. Then it got knocked into "verification." Whatever that means. I called twice to follow up, and I was still getting the 10-14 days but it could be 30.

Just for reference my stats were 3/24, but this was my fourth Chase business card in 2-3 years and my 9th overall Chase card at application time. Since my application, I got rid of my two Southwest cards that were up for renewal to hopefully churn in a couple years for another SWA Companion Pass. So now I have 2 Chase Business and 7 Chase cards. Think I'll hold tight with Chase for a while :)

Now I can apply for the SPG before the end of the month. I was holding off just in case. DH's SPG showed up yesterday--8 days after approval. He'll go for the CIP next. I already did the referral link for him :)

Thanks to all for the encouragement. Any idea when I can expect to see the card? I have an expensive business trip coming up that I'd love to put on this.
I would call ‭1 (800) 945-2028‬ and have them expide the card. I called Tuesday morning, the card arrived Thursday.

Have you considered using Chase URs to purchase tickets? Are you in 1 player or 2 player mode?
Do you mean is DH also involved? Yes. He opened the CSR and CIP business cards 11 months ago. Our plan for him is to try to get the 2 SW cards( and companion pass) in late October so we have it for another 2 years.

Do you mean is DH also involved? Yes. He opened the CSR and CIP business cards 11 months ago. Our plan for him is to try to get the 2 SW cards( and companion pass) in late October so we have it for another 2 years.
You can use URs to purchase Disney tickets by calling in to their cruise/tour department. See this comment on DISchurners: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurner...g_for_disney_tips_from_our_disboards/duq39a9/

Have you considered having your husband refer you to CIP for some major points?

Do the single swipe MO's seem to fly under the radar more than using 2+ cards? You'd really only be out the .88 splitting it up, right? I have 3 different loan payments in the 400$ range that I could do instead which might be better to test the waters and then load the rest to Amazon. Lord knows it will get used there!

We have 2 Walmarts pretty close to me and 2 more about a 20 minute drive further so I have a few to pick from.

varies by the cashier. Some will notice things. I have a few declined and they are all for different reasons(ask to see card because he was suspicious or the amount gave it away, or etc.). I also had one that allowed me as many swipes as i wanted.

I haven't heard of the CIP referral. Please tell me more:) Seriously, this thread is so useful and active. I'm spending the afternoon catching up.
Go to Chase refer a friend site (google it :))
Enter his info and generate a link
If you are approved using his link he earns 20k URs and you can earn the 80k UR bonus (requires $5k min spend). Including the min spend pts you’ll earn between $1,050 and $1,575+ in value depending upon how you cash them out.

Side note: that is also how you generate links to share on DISchurners too

Well, off to see if I can track down one of these magical variable load gift card unicorns locally. I considered getting them online from GCM but that sounds like it might be a big flashing arrow sign to the RAT team. At least if I purchase at a grocery store I can say I was feeding a soccer team or something if they question my bill?

Go to Chase refer a friend site (google it :))
Enter his info and generate a link
If you are approved using his link he earns 20k URs and you can earn the 80k UR bonus (requires $5k min spend). Including the min spend pts you’ll earn between $1,050 and $1,575+ in value depending upon how you cash them out.

Side note: that is also how you generate links to share on DISchurners too
Thank you! I'm going for it. I'll let you know what happens.....If I do get approved will I be able to transfer these Ink points to DH's CSR? I already transfer my CSP points to his CSR.

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm going for it. I'll let you know what happens.....If I do get approved will I be able to transfer these Ink points to DH's CSR? I already transfer my CSP points to his CSR.
One of the best things about 2player mode is referring each other. It’s like having your cake and eating it too! You should be about to transfer points - if you run into any issues consult us here as I’m sure somebody will help you if it doesn’t work easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter