• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Starbucks & CP update...Got the "gold" email last night, this morning my CP updated to say I had earned the 300 stars and now the app says I am gold...even says I earned 300 stars in the history...BUT I don't have 300 stars. Still just the 34 I originally had.

Yep, I'm totally all over that Air Lingus card... provided there's a good signup bonus and it isn't really 5/24. Dublin will (likely) be the next big trip after next summer's Barcelona adventure. I hope the card has a shamrock on it. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I kind of want it not just for the Avios but because the name makes me giggle. :laughing:

First, call the automated status line at 1-800-432-3117, follow the prompts with #, 3, 1, SSN, to check if your application actually went through. If Chase has your application in its system, it'll show up in the automated status line.

The recon line is 1-888-270-2127. However, if there are no applications on file, then what is there to ask Chase to recon?

Thanks so much. Great idea. I didn't realize there was a status line and just thought the recon line was the way to go. I just called and they do not have an application on file.

My Starbucks & CP update...Got the "gold" email last night, this morning my CP updated to say I had earned the 300 stars and now the app says I am gold...even says I earned 300 stars in the history...BUT I don't have 300 stars. Still just the 34 I originally had.

Next to the Stars progress bar, do you see 2 (additional) Rewards? The Stars progress bar goes up to only 125 Stars, then adds a Reward and resets. 300 Stars are enough for 2 Rewards (on top of what you already had).

Hi. I'm a long-time lurker on the boards, but I haven't posted before.

I thought I was doing ok with the Southwest card and the Disney card, but now I feel like Dorothy when she first stepped into Oz. I had no idea it was possible to travel like that. It's a bit intimidating and I'm glad I found this group.

I'm in single player mode and am currently 4/24:
8/17: BOA (no rewards, what was I thinking?)
9/17: SW
3/18: CS
3/18: CF

I don't have any current travel goals, but I'm sure reading this thread will give me a lot of great ideas.

I've decided to venture into business cards, but am a little hesitant since I only have a "business". I'll apply for the SPG biz card this week and then try for the CIP.

I thought for my fifth slot I could double dip a Marriott and a CF, or maybe the Hyatt card. I'm not sure about that yet, but I'll have time to figure it out. Any suggestions?

Next to the Stars progress bar, do you see 2 (additional) Rewards? The Stars progress bar goes up to only 125 Stars, then adds a Reward and resets. 300 Stars are enough for 2 Rewards (on top of what you already had).

No, nothing about additional rewards. The progress bar has changed from 34/300 to 34/125. Says I need 91 stars to my reward.

WAIT! Before I activate my card--

Do I create a new account for it or login under my BCP login? Thanks!!

I thought I was doing ok with the Southwest card and the Disney card, but now I feel like Dorothy when she first stepped into Oz. I had no idea it was possible to travel like that. It's a bit intimidating and I'm glad I found this group.

I don't have any current travel goals, but I'm sure reading this thread will give me a lot of great ideas.

I've decided to venture into business cards, but am a little hesitant since I only have a "business". I'll apply for the SPG biz card this week and then try for the CIP.

I thought for my fifth slot I could double dip a Marriott and a CF, or maybe the Hyatt card. I'm not sure about that yet, but I'll have time to figure it out. Any suggestions?

Welcome! I can’t remember but I think one of my first posts on the Dis was on this thread! I understand feeling like Dorothy but I am sure you will get it.

Since you just barely have done 3 Chase cards I would wait a while on any other Chase. Amex business cards are pretty easy to get. If you can meet the spend the Amex SPG is probably a good idea. The SPG points are nice as they are transferable to the airlines. If you fly Delta the Amex offers are also good right now. I think there are ways to check and get a high business offer on the MR cards as well.

Wait on the Hyatt until you are clearly 5/24. I made the mistake of thinking it didn’t count but it counts on your 5/24 count...it is a good card but you can get it when you are over 5/24. Basically, as far as travel goals it really depends what airport you are flying from and what airlines make the most sense.

A lot of us have a “business” I was so nervous my first time, but I’m so glad I went for it. Amex is easier than chase. Definitely try for the CIP before you use up your fifth slot. Spreading out some Chase applications with Amex Business cards is a good idea, that’s what I’m doing now. For your fifth slot I’m assuming the CS is a chase Sapphire? If so I’d double dip with a Marriott and something else. I wouldn’t get the Hyatt with your double dip because you can get it once you are over 5/24. Maybe the United Card would be useful? Or the Chase Freedom Unlimited? Or you can get the other Southwest card?

Looks like you just got two cards. What did you get? Is that 'CS' one of the Sapphires? And you just got a Freedom? You only have one more Chase card until the oldest one falls off so you want to make sure to use that spot wisely. You need to be under 5/24 to get the CIP so I'd recommend making sure to keep a spot open. I also think you need to take a break from Chase for a bit since it looks like you just got two Chase cards. The SPG biz would be an excellent card to go for, or any of the Amex biz cards that you have an interest in.

Welcome to the group. I started with Disney and SW too!

All this Hawaii talk got me thinking ... we have an upcoming trip to Maui at the end of the month for Spring Break. DS and DH are going for 5 days, but DD and me are hanging out an additional 5 days. I just added on to my DVC with BLT points and had 88 that were going to expire May 31st. After adding a night to my Dark Side reservation at AKL, I had 56 points to play with. I looked at Aulani, which we've always wanted to stay at but haven't because we have a place in Maui, and what do you think popped up? Yep, two nights in a studio for 54 points right in the middle of our stay. Clearly it was meant to be! Even better, as Hawaiian Airlines has a bunch of travel partners for interisland flights, I was able to use 7,000 straggler miles in the kids United accounts for one way tickets back to Maui (I could have also used Delta, American or Virgin Atlantic miles). Cost a little under $11 and 14,000 miles total. I had almost enough miles in my Hawaiian airlines account to take care of the other one-way tickets to Honolulu and filled in the difference with a few thousand MR. Cost on that $11 and 15,000 miles total. So we have an almost free (using my math :)) 2 night trip to check out Aulani. The only problem is DS. We are keeping it a secret from him as he will not be happy. This thread is clearly dangerous :)

:welcome: to the group and out of lurkdom. Everyone here is super friendly and helpful so don't be shy. We have a very diverse group with travel goals than span the entire spectrum. They range from travel for as few points and as economically as possible once in a great while to travel as often as possible in the most comfortable manner as possible no matter how many points it takes. So no matter what your travel goal(s) winds up being, someone here can help.

I will concur with the others and advise staying away from Chase for a bit and focusing on Amex biz cards. The SPG card transfers 1:1 to over 30 airlines. For every 20,000 SPG points your transfer to an airline, SPG will kick over another 5,000 SPG bonus on your transfer. If your goals are flights then SPG is an awesome card that gives you options both domestically and internationally. If your goals are WDW trips, SPG points will work for stays at Swan and Dolphin. Personally, I find SPG points to be the most valuable points currency for my travel goals. Is your CS a Reserve or Preferred card?

There is a also a private reddit group open to any of us here on the DIS. It has helpful information and links to credit card applications posted from the DISers in this thread. This way, we are able to support one another and say thanks to one another too. To join just PM @SouthFayetteFan or @Albort with your reddit user name and they will add you to the group.

All this Hawaii talk got me thinking ... we have an upcoming trip to Maui at the end of the month for Spring Break. DS and DH are going for 5 days, but DD and me are hanging out an additional 5 days. I just added on to my DVC with BLT points and had 88 that were going to expire May 31st. After adding a night to my Dark Side reservation at AKL, I had 56 points to play with. I looked at Aulani, which we've always wanted to stay at but haven't because we have a place in Maui, and what do you think popped up? Yep, two nights in a studio for 54 points right in the middle of our stay. Clearly it was meant to be! Even better, as Hawaiian Airlines has a bunch of travel partners for interisland flights, I was able to use 7,000 straggler miles in the kids United accounts for one way tickets back to Maui (I could have also used Delta, American or Virgin Atlantic miles). Cost a little under $11 and 14,000 miles total. I had almost enough miles in my Hawaiian airlines account to take care of the other one-way tickets to Honolulu and filled in the difference with a few thousand MR. Cost on that $11 and 15,000 miles total. So we have an almost free (using my math :)) 2 night trip to check out Aulani. The only problem is DS. We are keeping it a secret from him as he will not be happy. This thread is clearly dangerous :)

That is awesome!!! I loved Aulani and cant' wait to go back again. So happy for you!

I wouldn't call it dangerous. Inspiring is what I'd call it :D

Thanks so much. Great idea. I didn't realize there was a status line and just thought the recon line was the way to go. I just called and they do not have an application on file.

This happens to me almost every time I apply for a Chase card. The window is telling you that something is incomplete on your application. Usually if you scroll back up to the top of that page it will tell you what it is. Often, I have to use Chrome Incognito to apply. I don't know why it does this but it's happened to me for Marriott Business and CIP.

I’m going to get another card since I can open a new BMO account in 6 days and can’t use Amex. I’m spacing out Chase so I was thinking of the Citi American Airlines Buisness. I didn’t see any support links on Reddit. Does Citi not have support links? Any other Business Card suggestions that aren’t Chase or Amex?

That’s strange. You don’t see a green notification square with a number of free items over Reward? Maybe give it a day, then reach out to Starbucks: https://customerservice.starbucks.com/app/contact/ask_rewards/

I’ve got the same situation as Wendow. My SB app shows me as Gold (although I didn’t get any kind of email about Gold status), but I have not received any bonus stars, and my rewards count is still at 1, which is where it was before I used the offer. I’ll give it the five days (since I just used the offer yesterday) and contact SB customer service if the stars don’t show up. Thanks for the link, Lain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter