I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I think I'm ready to explain my plans to DH for him getting the SW biz and plus cards so he can get the cp for this year and next year also. He should be either 0/24 or 1/24. Is there a reason to have him apply for one first vs the other? He will need to wait 30 days after the first app before doing the second, correct? I thought about doing both the same day, but I still have a spend to meet on my premier, so I'd rather not try to meet all 3 spends in three months, but at the same time I would like to have him get the cp soon to try to use it for our June trip. Thoughts oe advice would be appreciated!!! :goodvibes
He can apply for both the same day - no need to wait 30 days. However, if it's easier for spend purposes to space them out then that's fine too. Regardless of what you do...Apply for the SW Biz first!

Ok, I think I'm ready to explain my plans to DH for him getting the SW biz and plus cards so he can get the cp for this year and next year also. He should be either 0/24 or 1/24. Is there a reason to have him apply for one first vs the other? He will need to wait 30 days after the first app before doing the second, correct? I thought about doing both the same day, but I still have a spend to meet on my premier, so I'd rather not try to meet all 3 spends in three months, but at the same time I would like to have him get the cp soon to try to use it for our June trip. Thoughts oe advice would be appreciated!!! :goodvibes
Yes, Biz first, since you have to be 0/30. Once he's approved he can apply for the plus. Don't apply for the plus until he's approved for the Biz.

What other gift cards are people getting at Best Buy? We don't need Disney gift cards.

They have . . . Netflix, Subway, Starbucks, Shell, BP, Exxon, Ticketmaster, Regal, Sling TV, lots of restaurant cards.

Edited (forgot I took a couple pics) - also Spotify, Pandora, Stubhub

Last edited:
He can apply for both the same day - no need to wait 30 days. However, if it's easier for spend purposes to space them out then that's fine too. Regardless of what you do...Apply for the SW Biz first!

Yes, Biz first, since you have to be 0/30. Once he's approved he can apply for the plus. Don't apply for the plus until he's approved for the Biz.

Ok, thank you both! Will go for the biz first. If we wait a month or so we could probably do both at the same time. Will have to do some more figuring to decide which way to go.

On another note, I've been going through our bills to try to figure which monthly bills could easily be switched to cc and found out our cable/internet bill is being put on our debit card. That's $280/month that's getting us nothing! I should have looked into our bills a long time ago! DH has just always handled our bills and I've been lazy and not questioned anything. That is going to change! ::yes::

SO, if I get a new SW Visa and use it to pay for my September WDW reservation, thus fulfilling my $3000 spend and receiving my point bonus, what happens if April comes around, free dining is offered, and I get it. I would therefore cancel the original reservation but put the new reservation on the card. Would that do anything to my bonus points??

Debating on how I should map out my own next game plan because like @calypso726, I'm actually feeling a little lost with our June DLR trip essentially all paid for, minimum spend on the Amex SPG Biz well on its way, could max out Freedom categories (but no immediate rush to do so), and no extended trips to account for just yet. May have long weekend trips, but think I should have enough in reserves to cover those. In 2-player mode, DH is likely going to go with the Amex SPG Biz next with my referral since he's hit Chase pretty hard in the last 9-months and I want to slow it down a bit before going with the double dip in a few months. I'm 3/24 until March, then 1/24 in May/June. Have been hitting the business cards primarily (CapOne Spark, CIP, and Amex SPG Biz) because DH got CP last year, so with his CP expiring at the end of this year, setting myself up to go for the CP for 2019/2020, so been cautious with staying under 5/24 before the end of this year. Already have two Chase Freedoms (both rotating categories), CIP, CSP, and CSR. Don't need United since we are a SW hub and no plans for international travel in the next 2 years (I think).

At this point, my options are to try to go to the CIC to pad the UR stash, Marriott Personal/Biz (in the event the cards may go away), perhaps a Citi TY card. I don't have much use for MR at the moment, but I guess Amex SPG personal is an option since I have the Biz; just not thrilled by using a 5/24 slot on this just yet. Will likely only want to apply for one (or two if the second won't count towards 5/24) to keep me at 2/24, so I can hopefully go for CP at the end of the year with no issue.

The last option and would be a waste of a 5/24 slot in theory, but I have two separate Hyatt stays for our June trip, so could use the Discoverist status for late checkout this trip, and doesn't hurt to top off the Hyatt points I guess for long weekends potentially...o_O

Last edited:
I messaged chase today from my CSR and I was told my acct was not targeted for this offer. So now I’m thinking I’m not going to go ahead with it which is a bummer because I have a big purchase to make at Best Buy so I was going to buy gift cards with each of my UR accounts to cover it.

I also was told it is not available on my csr.

According to Chase's own website it isn't targeted. I took screen shots of each in case my points don't post at 10x. No where on the website does it state targeted.

https://www.chase.com/digital/digital-payments/chase-pay/bestbuy-sapphire-reserve

https://www.chase.com/digital/digital-payments/chase-pay/bestbuy-freedom-unlimited

Didn’t you just get the SW Premier? Are you trying to get a CP for your DH in addition to the one you’re working on?

Like @SouthFayetteFan wrote, you can apply for the SW business and personal card on the same day if you can manage the combined minimum spending requirements, but you absolutely must apply for the SW business card first.

Start applying early during regular business hours of a non-holiday weekday in case you need to call Chase reconsideration or verification departments.

Apply for the SW business card first because Chase has an informal 0/30 rule that denies approval for a business card if you've had any other credit card applications with Chase in the past 30 days. If you applied for the SW personal card first, that would count as 1/30 and push your business application out another 30 days. Make sure the business card is approved before you go for the personal card. If you aren't auto-approved and perhaps got the we'll let you know in 30 days message, call the automated status line at 1-800-432-3117 after an hour to check the status of your application. If you still aren't approved call recon at 1-888-270-2127 to get it approved. (If you’re applying for DH, make sure he’s on board to possibly call into Chase.)

After that first card is approved, use a different internet browser or an incognito window for the second application for the SW personal card, otherwise Chase may combine the apps thinking they're accidental duplicates. If it isn't auto-approved, call the automated status line after an hour, and if you still aren't approved call recon to get it approved.

Conventional wisdom says double dipping a business card and a personal card on the same day does not combine hard pulls; Chase will pull two credit reports for the business line and the personal line of credit. But at least double dipping will get you two cards with potentially enough bonus points for a CP, and you can figure out your spend with them in hand.

Thanks - yeah I've read numerous articles on who reports and who doesn't. I actually was hoping for a first person account here from folks I trust just to give some additional assurance.

FWIW, I have both the personal and business Citi AAdvantage cards that I've opened in the last year. My personal card shows up in my Experian report. My business card does not. Same for my TU report.

What other gift cards are people getting at Best Buy? We don't need Disney gift cards.

Or if you’re not sure, just buy a Best Buy gift card to lock in the savings. You can use it later to buy merchandise or third-party gift cards as needed.

Ok, thank you both! Will go for the biz first. If we wait a month or so we could probably do both at the same time. Will have to do some more figuring to decide which way to go.

On another note, I've been going through our bills to try to figure which monthly bills could easily be switched to cc and found out our cable/internet bill is being put on our debit card. That's $280/month that's getting us nothing! I should have looked into our bills a long time ago! DH has just always handled our bills and I've been lazy and not questioned anything. That is going to change! ::yes::
Debit Card!! Blasphemy!! LOL!

Like @SouthFayetteFan wrote, you can apply for the SW business and personal card on the same day if you can manage the combined minimum spending requirements, but you absolutely must apply for the SW business card first.

Start applying early during regular business hours of a non-holiday weekday in case you need to call Chase reconsideration or verification departments.

Apply for the SW business card first because Chase has an informal 0/30 rule that denies approval for a business card if you've had any other credit card applications with Chase in the past 30 days. If you applied for the SW personal card first, that would count as 1/30 and push your business application out another 30 days. Make sure the business card is approved before you go for the personal card. If you aren't auto-approved and perhaps got the we'll let you know in 30 days message, call the automated status line at 1-800-432-3117 after an hour to check the status of your application. If you still aren't approved call recon at 1-888-270-2127 to get it approved. (If you’re applying for DH, make sure he’s on board to possibly call into Chase.)

After that first card is approved, use a different internet browser or an incognito window for the second application for the SW personal card, otherwise Chase may combine the apps thinking they're accidental duplicates. If it isn't auto-approved, call the automated status line after an hour, and if you still aren't approved call recon to get it approved.

Conventional wisdom says double dipping a business card and a personal card on the same day does not combine hard pulls; Chase will pull two credit reports for the business line and the personal line of credit. But at least double dipping will get you two cards with potentially enough bonus points for a CP, and you can figure out your spend with them in hand.
LOL - this is about as thorough a response as you could give! Puts my simple comment to shame and I love it LOL!! :)

Didn’t you just get the SW Premier? Are you trying to get a CP for your DH in addition to the one you’re working on?

Yes, was thinking he should get the CP to hopefully use for June 2018 WDW trip, and then Hawaii in summer 2019 in addition to mine. That would give us 180k+ points between us, plus 2 CP's to use for our family of 5. It's hard to predict how much the SW Hawaii flights will be, I would think that would be enough, or at least close.

Thanks for the detailed explanation! I'm leaning toward trying for both in one day, if I can convince DH. Would probably wait a 2-3 weeks though. Heck i am still waiting for my Premier card to arrive!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter