I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve noticed that Amazon sometimes releases their new episodes the night before they say. This episode is great! I always love seeing them in the US.

I’m going to see Chamber of Secrets live in concert on the 26th! My 15 year old niece’s Christmas present to me was asking me if I would go with her to see it. I was so excited when she asked me!
I took DS to see that when our Symphony did it. It was really neat to see the movie with live music. I should check to see if they have other HP showing coming up.

Trying to figure out my longterm strategy for airline points and had a question. Is the SW bonus restrictions separated by personal/business cards? Trying to decide when I can apply again (churn!) these cards. Here are my card dates:

SW Biz applied 12/04/17, bonus rec’d 02/11/18

SW Premier applied 01/10/18, bonus rec’d 03/01/18

If I’d like try for the CP in 2020, assuming the rules don’t change by then, I could apply for SW biz on 02/12/20 (or a few days after) and Premier/Plus 03/02/20. Do I have that correct? Or would I need to wait for 24 months after receiving either bonus?

Side note- it was really hard to put in the extra zeros to format the dates in MM/DD/YY format but I did it just for @SouthFayetteFan :teeth::)
LOL - the 0's in the dates only really matter when listing the date first. In normal speak, no big deal, lol.

It just looks so nice:
01/17
12/17
05/18
11/18
01/19

VS:

1/17
12/17
5/18
11/18
1/19

:D

I was referring to the above from @alryan. The transaction should say direct deposit. If it says external transfer or something like that it probably doesn't count.
Ha, see I did totally miss that response! Thanks!!
I think some it is trial and error and not always consistent. Here’s my wording from Chase (but it might code different with PNC):
Discover
Jan 8, 2019 DISCOVER BANK PREARRANGE PPD ID: 4510020271

My federal credit union
Hxx Lx ACH-WEB PPD ID: 252076714

Thank you!

Okay so I'm back and not even going to try reading all the back pages. I was dealt QUITE the blow Saturday. My BF of 21 mos decided to end it. Initially he was supposed to be moving here this weekend, and at the very least before mid-Feb. In December he came to visit and played house with me and my kids, and they were so excited for him to move up here. So it wasn't me just dealt this blow. I kinda got into the game to be able to do all the last minute flights down to him, and hotel visits.

The perk is I've been waiting FOREVER to plan vacations and what not waiting for him to get his butt here. So now I'm trying to decide where I want to go for my Feb break and where i might want to take the kids for spring break. Time to start living my best life and move on. Got dealt an extra low blow yesterday. He told me it was because he wants kids of his own now and I can't have them anymore, I had issues after my youngest and had a few surgeries. I told him we could go the surrogate route and he said no. Then yesterday I see him posting a trashier older looking version of me on his instagram. He claims she's younger (I'm 42, he's 32). He gushed about how she makes him so happy. So when I confronted and asked if she makes him happier, he said happy, yes...happier...IDK. What? When we said goodbye he added "I love you". Really?!?!?

Anyways, I'm focusing on me. I'm purging my house. Getting my finances in order and starting to move on. It hurts to go from planning a future together to being blind-sided. I know people say you can never know what is going on in a LDR, but we literally talked 24/7, facetimed for hours, etc. I have no idea when this happened. He passed it off as that it literally just happened. I don't know how you go from, "let's get married" to "oh, I ran into this chick and she's makes me so happy". I'm thinking cold feet. Whatever. This will make be better :)
Not sure what to say on this one other than your attitude is phenomenal!! It's amazing to have the outlook you have despite that "blow" as you put it!

I love football!! Watch it every weekend and really looking forward to the games this weekend. KC is in our division so normally cannot root for them but I actually like KC if they are not playing the Broncos, and I do not like the Pats. No way, no how, so I'm all about KC for that game.

Just to show how despised Tom Brady is here in Denver, if you go to a Nuggets basketball game, they show his picture on the screen when they want the crowd to boo :rotfl2:

Then for the NFC, I'm rooting for the Saints. I'm a huge Drew Brees fan plus I grew up down by the TX Gulf coast, just across the LA border and we were/are Saints fans so hoping they win that one. One of my ds's is a big Rams fan though so there will be lots of hollaring either way lol!
HUUUUGE Drew Brees fan here too. My fantasy team is named after him and he is my QB every year. It's a man crush...and I won't deny it!

My brother used to be stationed there (he’s in the navy). Now they’re in Mississippi and they miss Pensacola so badly.

It's a great big town/little city. I always say the Navy brought me here, the divorce judge kept me here. I can't believe it's been 18 years.

@castoral Pensacola Beach is so beautiful. Not sure if you are wanting to use points or not but some ideas for there: there is a Springhill Suites, a Hilton and a Hampton, and Holiday Inn and HIE. I have seen on UR portal (in addition to those already mentioned): Portofino resort, Beach Club resort, and Margaritaville Hotel but it seems they only show up sometimes and also only when looking for 3 nights or longer so YMMV. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend ANY of those properties. there is an awesome boardwalk with good restaurants and nightlife and depending where you stay can be very walkable. Depending on when you stay, there is also a trolley that runs the island. We live an hour away and stay there whenever we want a getaway.

P'cola Beach is a great suggestion, as are all the hotels above. If you have the Hilton Aspire, the Hilton on the beach is eligible for the $250 resort credit.
We used to own a condo at Portofino and if you can get it with URs that would be a steal--the amenities are amazing. Fun fact-I was actually married at the beach across from P'fino. They have a golf cart that drove me to the edge of the property and the Argentinian soccer team (Portofino is where athletes being seen/evaluated/treated at Andrews Institute usually stay) whistled and applauded. Such a fun memory!

Has anyone actually bought Disney tix using AA miles? @SouthFayetteFan i think you mentioned it but I can’t find the post. Was looking around AA site today and saw hotels, rental cars or vacation packages but no tickets :confused3
I know you can use them for Disney hotels...not sure on tickets, never looked at that one. My theory was I could possibly use AA miles for the hotels and URs for tickets (if that still works when I'd need them).

I know you can use them for Disney hotels...not sure on tickets, never looked at that one. My theory was I could possibly use AA miles for the hotels and URs for tickets (if that still works when I'd need them).
Gotcha. I did see Disney hotels on there but thought maybe I was missing the tickets

ETA The deals aren’t as bad as I thought. I see Boardwalk Villas for 38k miles per night/153k for 4 nights which is $2178 from Disney.

Last edited:
We stayed at AKL Kidani this past weekend for the races, and I LOVED it!! We rented points, paid for standard view, and were pixie-dusted with a partial savannah view near the pool which was super convenient.

I hope the delayed flight is the only snag in your trip!

I’m sorry your flight was delayed. I’m really hoping this doesn’t happen to us because we plan to go to mk dah the day we land. We are supposed to land at 3 pm so hopefully it all works out

Thanks guys. At airport now waiting. Funny/sad part of it is my poor girls spent all day at school expecting to get checked out early. I called the school to get a message to them, but apparently only my oldest got the message. Grandma just picked them up as usual. I then got a video from my youngest with her literally crying that she was worried we weren’t going. She is prone to drama...but I still felt bad.

@shairpdrh January really is a good time to go to WDW this is the third year in a row we have gone. It is also just a hard time to travel, but hoping once we get there it will be all good.

NEW THREAD...?
So I reached out to Webmaster Doc to see if they would lock this thread if we created a new one. He said he'd be glad to handle that and told me to let him know when the new thread was created...so hmmmm should we do this?

I think we would name it "I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for details)" We did go round and round in circles the last time on a new name, and there was no consensus...so why change it. It works, we all found this place and new people find us too!

Then I would be happy to reserve the first few comments to include a link back to this thread, a brief summary of what we do, instructions on how to ask for advice, and a glossary. I would be happy to maintain those and certainly rely upon the suggestions of our group here on what should go in those comments. We would end this thread with a link to the new one also...

I also don't want to act like I'm some dictator here, just taking it upon myself to make this change. What do people think??

EDIT: If you want to do this...LIKE this comment. If you don't like it please respond and say why. Also, there is always the risk that due to having 70k comments and 3,500 pages that maybe they just ask to do it eventually anyways, lol!
This comment received 47 likes. We had a few people voice concerns of exactly what we link in the "sticky" comments so we'll be careful with that. Nobody outright was opposed so probably later tonight I'll make this happen! Look for a link to the new thread 2.0 soon! I'll definitely want feedback on what all we want in some opening comments (and we DEFINITELY won't be sharing huge secrets in those comments or anything, moreso just how we operate and a glossary of terms, etc.)

It's a great big town/little city. I always say the Navy brought me here, the divorce judge kept me here. I can't believe it's been 18 years.

P'cola Beach is a great suggestion, as are all the hotels above. If you have the Hilton Aspire, the Hilton on the beach is eligible for the $250 resort credit.
We used to own a condo at Portofino and if you can get it with URs that would be a steal--the amenities are amazing. Fun fact-I was actually married at the beach across from P'fino. They have a golf cart that drove me to the edge of the property and the Argentinian soccer team (Portofino is where athletes being seen/evaluated/treated at Andrews Institute usually stay) whistled and applauded. Such a fun memory!

I got married at Johnson's Beach in Perdido Key. Our beaches are awesome! Also good to know Aspire credit can be used at Hilton!!

I’ve noticed that Amazon sometimes releases their new episodes the night before they say. This episode is great! I always love seeing them in the US.

I’m going to see Chamber of Secrets live in concert on the 26th! My 15 year old niece’s Christmas present to me was asking me if I would go with her to see it. I was so excited when she asked me!
Ours is chamber of secrets too! We are going 1/26 also!! That’s so weird

My brother has his winging either in April or May when he will find out where they go next. I think they are mainly just happy to leave meridian

Not sure if we have talked about it on here before but I am so far pretty impressed with Touring Plans room finder. With all our stays I have been too cheap to sign up for a subscription but I finally did on our October trip. (Motivation also came because desperately trying to meet 10k Amex MSR). On October trip at CBR we had 2 rooms that needed to be connecting and then wanted either connecting or adjoining for my parents and their room. The person who does scheduling/room assigning actually emailed me a couple days before to clarify what I wanted. Got my second choice building/section. For this AKV/Kidani trip no contact from Disney but again got my request (can’t remember but 2nd or 3rd choice room). After years of making requests to Disney and having them ignore it the subscription was definitely worth the $15.

So I read and read and read and google and research and I still don't "get" the whole AMEX thing. I look at the cards (gold, lux, blue, green, etc) and they don't seem that lucrative. No big sign up bonuses. Is there a write up somewhere where I could learn WHY people love them so much?

*DH just got approved for the AMEX Hilton Ascend for 150,000 Hilton points so I'm wondering if I should be ready to *do* something with this and his next card should be another AMEX.....I want to be prepared.
So AMEX is at a very interesting place in the hearts of churners now...@Lain really summed it up well earlier regarding NOT advising people to get AMEX cards unless they had a plan for ongoing spend.

So many of us remember what AMEX once was...
2rf0r2.jpg

Now...times have changed... The RAT has come along and all the rules are weird now (and undefined).

I once shared this:
Today is a somewhat sad churning day for me. My annual fee has posted on my AMEX Schwab Plat...$550. :(

Schwab Plat...you've been so good to me over the past 12 months. You've been with me thru good times and bad. You've given me free TSA Precheck, $400 in Southwest gift cards, and High Level Status with Hilton, Marriott and Starwood. Most importantly, You've given me over $4,900 in cash by redeeming MRs at $0.0125 per point. :worship:

You may soon be gone but you will not soon be forgotten. :thumbsup2

Schwab Plat was one of the greatest churning runs OF MY LIFE! AMEX still has value, but until we get more clarity around how they operate and how to stay on their good side they are a conundrum. PLUS most people like the simplicity of moving from MSR to MSR (never mind how lucrative it is!). I know these are just some scattered thoughts but AMEX confuses me these days. I used to love them...now, I'm not so sure...

Thanks guys. At airport now waiting. Funny/sad part of it is my poor girls spent all day at school expecting to get checked out early. I called the school to get a message to them, but apparently only my oldest got the message. Grandma just picked them up as usual. I then got a video from my youngest with her literally crying that she was worried we weren’t going. She is prone to drama...but I still felt bad.

@shairpdrh January really is a good time to go to WDW this is the third year in a row we have gone. It is also just a hard time to travel, but hoping once we get there it will be all good.
Sending positive thoughts for a safe trip and no more delays! Hopefully the cooler weather brings beautiful WDW weather!

Just got an awesome surprise! I attempted to use AT&T $200 off $200 back in November. Chatted about not receiving the credit - no dice, said it didn't qualify. Ok crap I tried. Imagine my surprise when I login to AMEX hoping to see a great offer maybe and I have a $200 credit on my account!.:D:D

Oh that poor girl lol. I’m hoping we don’t get snow when we are supposed to fly out. We are supposed to get a bunch tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter