I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember how I was having so much trouble trying to pay with my CIP through gyft and I gave up? Well apparently the secret was to have a CIC. I stopped at Sam's on the way home and thought dang it, if only I could make that work I could get 5x pts now! And then I figured why not give it a shot? So I added it to Paypal, opened up gyft... and it worked! No issues!

It’s just a 3k around the bw area. I think it’s like $15 maybe? I used to run a bunch but have knee problems now so I can’t get much further than 2 miles. The 3k will be perfect for me. We love beaches and cream too but aren’t doing it this trip. We ate there in October and tried the no way Jose and on another night had the Mickey pants sundae. I want to try ample hills this time. We don’t plan on eating at yachtsman either although I’d like to try it sometime. Dah is costing us $750ish so we are going light on the food budget
The crews cup lounge is a hidden gem for a light dinner. Of course you'll have the lounge for that I guess. But it is DH's favorite place to eat on wdw property...probably because it is quiet, no ADR, and has football games on. Ha!

Okay so I'm back and not even going to try reading all the back pages. I was dealt QUITE the blow Saturday. My BF of 21 mos decided to end it. Initially he was supposed to be moving here this weekend, and at the very least before mid-Feb. In December he came to visit and played house with me and my kids, and they were so excited for him to move up here. So it wasn't me just dealt this blow. I kinda got into the game to be able to do all the last minute flights down to him, and hotel visits.

The perk is I've been waiting FOREVER to plan vacations and what not waiting for him to get his butt here. So now I'm trying to decide where I want to go for my Feb break and where i might want to take the kids for spring break. Time to start living my best life and move on. Got dealt an extra low blow yesterday. He told me it was because he wants kids of his own now and I can't have them anymore, I had issues after my youngest and had a few surgeries. I told him we could go the surrogate route and he said no. Then yesterday I see him posting a trashier older looking version of me on his instagram. He claims she's younger (I'm 42, he's 32). He gushed about how she makes him so happy. So when I confronted and asked if she makes him happier, he said happy, yes...happier...IDK. What? When we said goodbye he added "I love you". Really?!?!?

Anyways, I'm focusing on me. I'm purging my house. Getting my finances in order and starting to move on. It hurts to go from planning a future together to being blind-sided. I know people say you can never know what is going on in a LDR, but we literally talked 24/7, facetimed for hours, etc. I have no idea when this happened. He passed it off as that it literally just happened. I don't know how you go from, "let's get married" to "oh, I ran into this chick and she's makes me so happy". I'm thinking cold feet. Whatever. This will make be better :)

Haven't caught all the way up, but just wanted to say that sucks :( But he sounds a little crazy so while it sucks to have wasted so much time and miles on him, better to find out now rather than after the wedding. Sorry he wasn't right but sounds like time to churn P2 for a better offer ;)

Ugh. Maybe I will cancel after all, and take my chances applying for the Schwab right before I plan to cancel his Biz Plat and Green. I guess the good thing is I have the BBP to keep the MRs alive long term (although I think the personal Gold is going to be a keeper too) and I can always try again in the future if it doesn't work out now.

Does amazon sell your grocery store giftcards? That’s what I am doing.

I did this. I was so surprised by the quality. Check your Amex offers too because they frequently have Walmart grocery offers.
I think we did actually use an Amex offer for it maybe last month? We also are getting 5% back from discover because it codes as grocery and that’s our cashback this period

I can't remember who was discussing warehouse RX coding 5x freedom (@gottalovepluto ?)...

I just filled a RX at sams. It coded warehouse 5x for Q4, and apparently still does, because it DID NOT code 5x this month. Boo. I could try Costco next month too see if the category updated for q1, but I really despise going into Costco.

If you have a statement posted yet you can look on there and mine was listed as direct deposit, and then did qualify.

Did I? LOL. I must have missed it. Still wondering how I know what counts as direct deposit. I have looked over some on DoC but there are months and months worth of comments on that page.
I was referring to the above from @alryan. The transaction should say direct deposit. If it says external transfer or something like that it probably doesn't count.

Awesome! I wondered when I saw Jeremy tweet about it but I was too lazy to do the math or google the time to see if it was midnight there already I'll watch it tonight.

I’ve noticed that Amazon sometimes releases their new episodes the night before they say. This episode is great! I always love seeing them in the US.

I completely forgot we are staying at a Hampton 1/26-1/28 for our Harry Potter live in concert event and we have an Amex offer for that. We will get $40 back!

I’m going to see Chamber of Secrets live in concert on the 26th! My 15 year old niece’s Christmas present to me was asking me if I would go with her to see it. I was so excited when she asked me!

Why didn’t I think of that? :oops:
My brother used to be stationed there (he’s in the navy). Now they’re in Mississippi and they miss Pensacola so badly.
@castoral Pensacola Beach is so beautiful. Not sure if you are wanting to use points or not but some ideas for there: there is a Springhill Suites, a Hilton and a Hampton, and Holiday Inn and HIE. I have seen on UR portal (in addition to those already mentioned): Portofino resort, Beach Club resort, and Margaritaville Hotel but it seems they only show up sometimes and also only when looking for 3 nights or longer so YMMV. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend ANY of those properties. there is an awesome boardwalk with good restaurants and nightlife and depending where you stay can be very walkable. Depending on when you stay, there is also a trolley that runs the island. We live an hour away and stay there whenever we want a getaway.

@LilSweetPeaPhoto I'm so sorry this dog led you on and has disappointed you and your kids. Time to move on for sure and definitely better he showed his doggy self now rather than after you married him.

I know I'm old-fashioned and everyone puts everything on social media these days but I cannot believe he put a picture of his new 'friend' on Instagram. He had to know you would see it and just be crushed. I can't imagine wanting to hurt another person so deeply, especially when it sounds like you have done nothing to deserve this treatment. Wow, I really don't get people!! I say run very fast and very far from him and don't look back.

Okay so I'm back and not even going to try reading all the back pages. I was dealt QUITE the blow Saturday. My BF of 21 mos decided to end it. Initially he was supposed to be moving here this weekend, and at the very least before mid-Feb. In December he came to visit and played house with me and my kids, and they were so excited for him to move up here. So it wasn't me just dealt this blow. I kinda got into the game to be able to do all the last minute flights down to him, and hotel visits.

The perk is I've been waiting FOREVER to plan vacations and what not waiting for him to get his butt here. So now I'm trying to decide where I want to go for my Feb break and where i might want to take the kids for spring break. Time to start living my best life and move on. Got dealt an extra low blow yesterday. He told me it was because he wants kids of his own now and I can't have them anymore, I had issues after my youngest and had a few surgeries. I told him we could go the surrogate route and he said no. Then yesterday I see him posting a trashier older looking version of me on his instagram. He claims she's younger (I'm 42, he's 32). He gushed about how she makes him so happy. So when I confronted and asked if she makes him happier, he said happy, yes...happier...IDK. What? When we said goodbye he added "I love you". Really?!?!?

Anyways, I'm focusing on me. I'm purging my house. Getting my finances in order and starting to move on. It hurts to go from planning a future together to being blind-sided. I know people say you can never know what is going on in a LDR, but we literally talked 24/7, facetimed for hours, etc. I have no idea when this happened. He passed it off as that it literally just happened. I don't know how you go from, "let's get married" to "oh, I ran into this chick and she's makes me so happy". I'm thinking cold feet. Whatever. This will make be better :)
So sorry! Best you find out now than after moving in. He really seems confused in what he is doing/saying and you don't need that. You have the right outlook :)

Thanks. That I did read but I think I worded my question wrong. I want to know how I can tell in my PNC account if a deposit is showing as a direct deposit.
I think some it is trial and error and not always consistent. Here’s my wording from Chase (but it might code different with PNC):
Discover
Jan 8, 2019 DISCOVER BANK PREARRANGE PPD ID: 4510020271

My federal credit union
Hxx Lx ACH-WEB PPD ID: 252076714

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter