I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for me, if I could replenish URs at a fast enough rate, I'd be fine with those. So far, thats all I have redeemed, that I recall. Well, actually I redeemed SPG points for a travel package, but thats dead.
Problem is, without sign up bonuses, it is hard to earn fast enough. I'd be right back to where I was before I joined this thread, which was SW card/CP, Hilton from DH travel, Hertz from DH travel, and everything else to chase. Not that it is bad, I had free flights all the time, and 2 weeks at a hilton resort a year, but I got way more free travel this year after participating in this thread and expanding my horizons.

Have you thought any more about using your CIP to MS, a la @speedyfishy? Those 3x UR can be quite lucrative.

Is there a hotel alert site? I keep forgetting to check our universal hotel to see if the price changes. I apparently missed out already Bc a friend said they got it for this much and when I just checked it’s not any lower. Thanks

Oh no, playing around again... after all of this trouble, I can now get the same room at Pop for $2.18 less than my magical rate with a passholder rate.

Has anyone gotten southwest bonuses this month? I hit my spend for my business before statement close on 1/2 and for my plus before statement close on1/15. It was close for both statements however. Just a day or two before.

The points for 1pt/$ transferred but no bonuses. I’m getting a little worried/ annoyed that I now have to likely wait until mid February.

Has anyone gotten southwest bonuses this month? I hit my spend for my business before statement close on 1/2 and for my plus before statement close on1/15. It was close for both statements however. Just a day or two before.

The points for 1pt/$ transferred but no bonuses. I’m getting a little worried/ annoyed that I now have to likely wait until mid February.
My Priority closed either 1/14 or 1/15 and bonus points posted with a date of yesterday, though I couldn't see them until today. I hit the spend at least a week before close. When did you hit the spend?

Also it might have been @SouthFayetteFan but how can I combine luv vouchers? Price isn’t changing and I’d rather not lose out on the two $100 vouchers I have.

So I would use
$100 voucher
$5.60 voucher from current flight that will need to be cancelled 9/11 fee
$16.58 voucher balance

Need to combine at least two of them so I can put the balance on a credit card.

Thanks

My experience has been that just having the card got me free bags even if I didn't book with the card. I booked flights to Hilton Head in early January with another card (probably my Disney visa since that was the only card I used at that point!) and then when I checked in for the flight in June, we automatically got the free bags.
Good to know I was wondering this!

@PolyRob get the JB biz and one for P2 if you can. The points can easily be combined and the sign up is 50k and you won’t waste a spot. I have a “business” and DH and I both got instant approval so a nice little stash now. Only thing I’d say if you want the arrival + or another Barclay more then I’d skip it. DH got the JB biz and then had to recon to get the arrival +. It was a somewhat painless conversation but Barclay can be tough. PM me if you want more info

The debt dumpers I think, it was one of the 2018 threads, got it locked because I saw it the other day. We'd just have to ask that person.

I think the biggest issue is still the google thing and making it too easy for people to stumble up from reddit or elsewhere when googling. I think that's part of why some of the stuff has been in the dischurners reddit thread. Making an obvious outline of stuff, while helpful, makes it much easier for google to pick it up. I do think a lot of people find the disboards through google not necessarily through wdwinfo.com or the podcast. There's people on here that probably don't even know there's a podcast.

No, it is not locked. It's currently on page 4 of the main Budget Board. But, if you looked Dentam started that thread and last posted to it on Dec 30. Jen and Ashwin jumped in and started another thread for 2019 on dec 6 and took over. I think people just see 2019 and think up to date and that's where they post.

I never listen to podcasts unless it's a dvc one giving me a freebie.

Also it might have been @SouthFayetteFan but how can I combine luv vouchers? Price isn’t changing and I’d rather not lose out on the two $100 vouchers I have.

So I would use
$100 voucher
$16.58 voucher balance

Thanks

I seem to remember it involved booking another flight to use two of the vouchers, then cancelling that flight to get one new voucher, which you can then use in combination with your 3rd voucher and credit card on the flight you want.

Alternatively....can you not request the return of the $5.60 9/11 fee to your credit card? Would be less hassle.

Totally agree. I've been posting on the DIS forever yet I found this thread while doing a Google search for award travel using MRs. It was one of the top 3 hits, and since I was already on the DIS every day I wandered on over. I'm not sure what the solution is, but I agree it's too easy to find except I am SOOOOOO thankful I found it.

I started lurking on the Disboards after the old AOL message boards went belly up. Then we had Yahoo groups where a lot of us joined and stayed connected that way. I'm still connected to one of those groups and we play catchup with family and trips basically, as we've all met maybe 20 plus years ago and occasionally while at Disney in later years. Eventually I created a name, probably to ask a question, and started posting sporadically on the DVC board.

The rest is history.

I don't think we really have to worry too much about people finding us. I'd imagine any card issuers doing reconnaissance have infiltrated r/churning. I don't recall us openly discussing anything on this thread that isn't already widely discussed on r/churning.

Exactly. Most of us aren't the first to discover anything new.

So I would use
$100 voucher
$16.58 voucher balance

Thanks

The current flight that needs to be cancelled is it booked with points....if so the 5.60 can be refunded to your credit card

My Priority closed either 1/14 or 1/15 and bonus points posted with a date of yesterday, though I couldn't see them until today. I hit the spend at least a week before close. When did you hit the spend?

Well I actually hit the spend a least a week in advance but I had one large charge that was pending for like 5 days and didn’t actually post until the day before the statement closed.

So hopefully that’s the problem.

I’m gonna keep putting little charges on these cards this month just in case however. I track everything in ynab, so I know I actually hit the spend.

Well I actually hit the spend a least a week in advance but I had one large charge that was pending for like 5 days and didn’t actually post until the day before the statement closed.

So hopefully that’s the problem.

I’m gonna keep putting little charges on these cards this month just in case however. I track everything in ynab, so I know I actually hit the spend.
Did you check your Chase statement? It should show the bonus points if they were awarded/

If you are not concerned with 5/24 or have sufficient open spots - it may be worth applying for the JB+. For $99 you will get 40000 TrueBlue points, and you will get 10% back on redemption plus the other benefits. Protection on the CSR is a fairly moot point for me as ~75% of my JetBlue bookings are reward travel.

I would guess you could get somewhere in the region of $750 - $800 of value out of it, and then can decide whether you want to keep it beyond the first year.

ETA: If you can only do one, and have to choose between JB+ and Amex Gold/Plat...then I would probably choose the Amex if you can get a good offer.
Hmmm that does sound very tempting. I am 2/24 so I do have some wiggle room. I have at least 2 additional roundtrip JetBlue itineraries I need to book this year.

My experience has been that just having the card got me free bags even if I didn't book with the card. I booked flights to Hilton Head in early January with another card (probably my Disney visa since that was the only card I used at that point!) and then when I checked in for the flight in June, we automatically got the free bags.
This is great to know! If this works, I would be so happy to just book the fights with points or whatever and then get the bags for free. Who cares about Blue Plus fares now? haha

Good to know I was wondering this!

@PolyRob get the JB biz and one for P2 if you can. The points can easily be combined and the sign up is 50k and you won’t waste a spot. I have a “business” and DH and I both got instant approval so a nice little stash now. Only thing I’d say if you want the arrival + or another Barclay more then I’d skip it. DH got the JB biz and then had to recon to get the arrival +. It was a somewhat painless conversation but Barclay can be tough. PM me if you want more info
Good to know! I guess I have to really look at the Barclay business cards to determine which is the best first move to avoid recon. I've seen how the Arrival+ can "erase" the ticket fees for Disney when purchased at places like UT. This is a great perk, but I do WDW APs so do I do not really purchase standalone tickets. Only add-ons like parties or maybe a DAH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter