I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will actually be all 4 of us. Maybe this makes it easier to spot us.
YIDxKZ1.jpg
Is that your mom? You look so much like her :) Oh my, you girls are all so cute!

I think I might do this but sams club. I can order disney GC with the visas from the comfort of my sofa and they still get me an extra discount. No problem with this plan right?

That’ll work too, and samsclub .com has that great split tender function at checkout.

It’s just that Sam’s Club sells Disney GCs at about a 4.7% discount, whereas the BBY+SB method gets you another 9.5% back via SB and another 1-2.5% in value from BBY rewards. Of course, this doesn’t factor in discounting from your comfy sofa (free) vs. driving to BBY to buy Disney GCs at only $100/day (cost of gas+time).

On the new SW offer, my DS is interested. He currently has the $69. Could he apply for the $99 card and get the bonus, while the $69 card is still open?
I believe he is at 3/24, I will double check and his credit limits. New home purchased in August, 795-800 score. I think he should be good to get it?
Then he could theorectically open PNC and fund $2000 and maybe even a PNC savings for the other $2000?
Quoting myself. These are his stats, think he would be ok to do this?
3/24 from what I see...
10/18 Delta Amex
9/18 Target
4/16 Chase this is his other SW Visa, which I now see he would need to close
4/11 Citi
6/16 Chase IHG
5/17 Chase Disney
9/07 Amex, this is my card, put him on as AU back then to build credit, haven't pulled him off because it's his oldest line
5/09 Chase, also mine, done for the same reason (and they used it to pick things up for me at the store when I needed stuff LOL)
7/14 Kohls

He is a car loan with 10 months left and a mortgage in August.
I would have him reduce lines on the remaining Chase cards, and maybe his AMEX once I do some Math.

So, do you think he would be good, and how long does he have to wait to apply after closing and reducing the lines?

Obviously it's a time crunch issue since it's only good till 2/11/19.

Thanks!!

That’ll work too, and samsclub .com has that great split tender function at checkout.

It’s just that Sam’s Club sells Disney GCs at about a 4.7% discount, whereas the BBY+SB method gets you another 9.5% back via SB and another 1-2.5% in value from BBY rewards. Of course, this doesn’t factor in discounting from your comfy sofa (free) vs. driving to BBY to buy Disney GCs at only $100/day (cost of gas+time).
Rumor on Disney giftcard forum is BJs will be having another sale with discounted Disney gcs. I think last time it was up to 8% off so if your a member that’d be a way to order from home and save a bit more than Sams that way!

I have cut back...it was too time consuming and I was getting to the point I had thousands of $$ sitting on VGCs. I plan to max out Amex Gold 4x at supermarkets and I will probably get a few in BJs...assuming they are still $0 fee.
You were going a little cray-cray there for a bit!!!!

That is so interesting! It's pretty much my goal with my teens to get their credit 'groomed' for cards as soon as possible. It's working nicely with dd18 so far. I waited about 6 mos between the Discover and the CFU app. I plan to give it 4-5 mos and then hit up Chase again for her. I would never have thought to go for a CIP though!

Why not go big? Your DD has her own child care business and income. The worst that could happen is a hard pull and denial, then you move on to an easier to get card like a co-brand, or even try for a CIC or CIU a month later.

Asking for my aunt cause she is interested in this SW offer but currently has a SW plus that she can close and reapply.

ETA: that sounded weird...like it was my question only lol!...glad you need this info too :D
I did it for myself...closed my SW Prem on 8.14 and reapplied 10/3 for instant approval. Probably would have been fine after 30 days, I read, but I was working on another MSR anyways so wasn't in a rush.

thanks for verifying. My last BB SB thing credited at zero :sad2: and it is a pain going there so often, so I figured I'd take what I could get from sams and be happy with it. Could always do in store for added dosh too.

ETA: or if BJs does their deal, then even better!

What about Amex GC on venmo? I got $1k one for taking the bump on Delta. I was thinking of passing it through Venmo to get the money into my bank account, because I don't see myself spending it (I like to get that spend on cards instead).

From what I’ve read, Amex GCs are dead as debit on Venmo, so they’d run as CC and incur the 3% fee. And I’m not aware of any other easy MS method to get rid of Amex GCs. I have to think that it’s cheaper to just liquidate them through organic spend.

Why not go big? Your DD has her own child care business and income. The worst that could happen is a hard pull and denial, then you move on to an easier to get card like a co-brand, or even try for a CIC or CIU a month later.
Go big or go home, right?? She does have her own childcare biz now that you mention it and she makes darn good money. She babysat my neighbor's boys all last week and made almost $700!

We will give Chase a break for a few months and then hit them up for a CIP!! I like it!

Go big or go home, right?? She does have her own childcare biz now that you mention it and she makes darn good money. She babysat my neighbor's boys all last week and made almost $700!

We will give Chase a break for a few months and then hit them up for a CIP!! I like it!
Uhhh, I am in the wrong business. Was just looking at nursing positions available and trying to psych myself up to apply to torture myself with 12 hour night shifts and holidays. Maybe I just need to flaunt my experience with newborns and pediatrics and pick up some babysitting gigs. :teacher:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter