I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems doable. You have 4 weeks so it'll be tight but if he's really interested could probably make it happen.

But just realize the consequence is he'd basically be locked out from CP all of 2020 since he couldn't get another personal card to make the points. It wouldn't be until 2021 some time before he could gear up for another.
Thank you, I do know that, and will make sure he does as well.

Uhhh, I am in the wrong business. Was just looking at nursing positions available and trying to psych myself up to apply to torture myself with 12 hour night shifts and holidays. Maybe I just need to flaunt my experience with newborns and pediatrics and pick up some babysitting gigs. :teacher:

Yes. Was talking to a friend with kid and babysitters are getting $20/hr at least around here. I used to get $20 a night.

It's almost enough for me to put my shingle out on the service sites. (Shoot, if he wasn't such a good friend and I'd do it for free, I would have signed him up right there. His kid's easy, he either plays video games or watches YouTube of other people playing video games. Heck, maybe I'll offer him a discount of $10/hr in that case :laughing:)

Yes. Was talking to a friend with kid and babysitters are getting $20/hr at least around here. I used to get $20 a night.

My dd's don't usually get $20/hr but $15-18/hr is pretty normal. We never used sitters when we only had little kids so I didn't realize how much more babysitters make these days. I was thrilled to make $3-5/hr when I was a teen.

I can run here in the cold so I like to go to WDW when it's warmer.

I can understand planning a race around the weather...it's why I did my first (and only) Marathon at WDW-I figured it was in Jan, it would be cold (to me). It was 80 and horrible. Training in Oct, Nov, Dec was great for weather (50-70 and by December the Gulf was cold enough I considered that my "ice bath" after a long run) but 80 was too blasted hot. Best laid plans and all that! The W&Ds were always super muggy (and I ran the nighttime ones-I remember my tutu was so heavy with sweat it was gross:crazy2:). Have fun on your 8K-that's a nice distance!

My dd's don't usually get $20/hr but $15-18/hr is pretty normal. We never used sitters when we only had little kids so I didn't realize how much more babysitters make these days. I was thrilled to make $3-5/hr when I was a teen.

Yep, same here :) I get inflation and expected the rate to go up but wasn't expecting that kind of increase. I totally get it that you want to properly compensate a responsible person to take care of your child, so I wouldn't expect it to still be $5/hr, but wasn't expecting that kind of pay for just one kid. It's a good thing :) But yeah, such a let down when you head out into the "real world" after that, hehe.

$20/hr. is about the bare minimum here in SF/the Bay Area. I'd say most are averaging ~$25/hr., and in the $30s/hr. with nanny share.

Wow I nanny in the summers and I only get $10/hr and I’m a certified teacher. People around here don’t pay hardly anything

So I see there are a few of you in Nursing. DD17 is considering going to college to for RN. Seems like it is a good field - they seem to always need nurses... Any input would be great.

$20/hr. is about the bare minimum here in SF/the Bay Area. I'd say most are averaging ~$25/hr., and in the $30s/hr. with nanny share.
Y'alls COL is so high that I guess it doesn't surprise me babysitters make so much there. I don't know how people afford to live in the Bay area!

Wow I nanny in the summers and I only get $10/hr and I’m a certified teacher. People around here don’t pay hardly anything
Guessing the COL is lower where you live since it seems to be pretty rural. I'm sure that is why.

That is a really nice time to have spring break! Much less busy than March :)

Isn’t the week before and after Easter like Christmas busy?? We have always had our break week before Easter and family always had week after Easter. I think those are way more popular than march breaks. We only get Friday/Monday now as our break. Technically, Thursday,Friday, Monday, Tuesday but if any snow days they take away. So have never had all 4 since we moved to this schedule a few years ago.

Isn’t the week before and after Easter like Christmas busy?? We have always had our break week before Easter and family always had week after Easter. I think those are way more popular than march breaks. We only get Friday/Monday now as our break. Technically, Thursday,Friday, Monday, Tuesday but if any snow days they take away. So have never had all 4 since we moved to this schedule a few years ago.
Oh idk, I have always heard Easter week was busy, and I never really knew why since none of the schools here (even the Christian private schools) are out then. Their spring breaks coincide with the public schools, which are all March here, and that is the same for TX. But maybe there are lots more schools with April breaks this year??

So I see there are a few of you in Nursing. DD17 is considering going to college to for RN. Seems like it is a good field - they seem to always need nurses... Any input would be great.

I hesitate to comment. :rolleyes1

I agree that she will easily find a job. It is flexible to an extent for when she becomes a wife/mommy and maybe wants to cut her hours, work odd shifts, etc.
The downside to the flexibility is that is requires long days (12 hour shift plus commute time) and holidays, weekend, nights, etc.

However, most of the people I know who are nurses have stopped working for one reason or another. Part of it is the crappy schedule, part of it is that healthcare is a hot mess and always getting worse. I was actually just now chatting with a friend who is also a nurse and considering a part time job, and we were both commenting on how we are concerned about safety and nurse patient ratios, because just about every shift you are short handed and taking on more than you should. Aside from the safety part of that, is the fact that you don't have time for the compassionate side of nursing where you can sit down and chat with your patient to calm their fears, etc. Nursing just isn't want it used to be. And my pay hasn't gone up since I graduated back in 2008. I could go back tomorrow and I guarantee they'd offer me the same $30/hour for PRN as I have always gotten...and even less for full time....like $24 or $25 likely. And don't expect time and a half for holidays either. You're lucky if you get an extra $2.:crazy2:

This is all based on my experience in the southeast. It is quite possible things are better in other regions. And she should definitely specialize, so that helps with not having to deal with the ratio issues as much.

I did love my job in Charleston. I worked mother-baby and nursery. I had to do a min of 2 shifts a month. I was on days. Whoohoo! And I taught alot of the childbirth education classes, birth suite tours, breastfeeding, etc classes in the evenings/weekends for a flat rate per class. It was perfect. Then my DH moved me to TN...:sad:

It will actually be all 4 of us. Maybe this makes it easier to spot us.
YIDxKZ1.jpg
I’ll try to keep an eye out for you guys! It’ll just be Dh and I in our group. Do you have a plan for which areas you’re going to hit first in the park once dah starts?

Guessing the COL is lower where you live since it seems to be pretty rural. I'm sure that is why.
Yeah and actually I prefer to sub/nanny in an even more rural and small town than what we live in. It’s a 20 minute drive but the school system and teachers are amazing there. Way less behaviors from the kids too

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!