• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Amex offer for 30% back on select streaming services up to $15. Very select... Spotify, Pandora, Sling, Sirius XM, Showtime, and CBS All Access. Netflix and Hulu are not listed. Works well for me since my Hulu and Spotify and are billed together and it codes as Spotify. Expires 3.6.19.
I am intrigued by this because there is a swagbucks offer for Sirius xm....

Currently planning for spring break 2020...Rome and Florence.
Any tips from anyone who has been? Already booked our Airbnb.

Adults or family with kids, and if so roughly what ages are the kids? We spent a few days in Rome with DD when she was 13, so I can maybe help with that part. It's been too long since I've been to Florence to comment on that, other than saying that it's beautiful. Oh, and what kind of tips are you looking for? I'd be happy to help if I can.

I have an Amex offer for 30% back on select streaming services up to $15. Very select... Spotify, Pandora, Sling, Sirius XM, Showtime, and CBS All Access. Netflix and Hulu are not listed. Works well for me since my Hulu and Spotify and are billed together and it codes as Spotify. Expires 3.6.19.

I have 5 Amex accounts and this isn't on any of them. I really wanted this one for CBS All Access. Oh well I guess.

Has anyone booked DCL thru Costco? Our PIF date is coming up in January. I have about $2500 in GCs to use then $2500 to put on cc. I understand it is billed as DCL even though payment is to Costco, correct? If I use CSR, does DCL code as travel?

Dang! Still nothing for either of us from the game, but I did get the email from Starwood about the data breach.
Still waiting on points but I also got breach email. I wonder what the rhyme/reason is for the points dropping in. I would have thought everyone would have been on the same day. Hope we don't have to wait too long.

Currently planning for spring break 2020...Rome and Florence.
Any tips from anyone who has been? Already booked our Airbnb.

Went there in June. What are your family's interests? Do you have things in mind that you have to see/do? I used walkaboutflorence .com for some activities and walksofitaly .com for some as well. If you're interested in viewing the Colosseum, the least expensive way to do it is with CoopCulture .it but those tickets go fairly quickly. We downloaded audiotours from Rick Steves and listened to those when walking around. The Sistine Chapel is best early, because the crush of bodies gets intense as the day goes on.

I bought train tickets online ahead of time to get from Rome to Florence on ItaliaRail and that was easy. The train stations are very hectic and a bit confusing so allow yourself extra time to figure out where the gates and entrances are. And keep a very close eye on your belongings. My iPhone was stolen on the train, and I was super super lucky to find it blocks away from the train station with DH using "Find iPhone" on his phone.

Happy to answer any questions I can.

Well that took about 30 pages to catch up.

I saw someone was going for the Delta Amex Gold Biz and had an offer for like 60k. Was that an emailed offer? I see only 30K on the amex website. I already have the personal one.

Also the amex 5 rule...is that 5 cards no matter what? Or can you have 5 biz, 5 personal? I have the SPG Biz, the Delta Gold and the Hilton. I'd like to get the Hilton Biz and maybe the Delta Gold Biz.

Dang! Still nothing for either of us from the game, but I did get the email from Starwood about the data breach.

I finally got 250 points today from the 29 day promo. I am missing some cause while I never earned more than 50 a day (some days, I earned 0), I earned more than 250. That would mean that I only participated 5 days. However, I didn't save emails nor do I have the mental energy to fight them right now. Still nothing for dh. We did also get the data breach email. Yay.

Quick question before I redeem my United miles for a giftcard (turns out I have FOUR MileagePlus accounts with them! Who knew?)

Is there ANYWHERE I can use a store gift card to purchase a Disney gift card? My current frontrunners are Staples, Walmart, Best Buy, Kohl's, Bed Bath & Beyond, and TJ Maxx.

If not, I'll probably just use it on a Starbucks card so I don't feel guilty about my cold brew habit, but wanted to check first.

Quick question before I redeem my United miles for a giftcard (turns out I have FOUR MileagePlus accounts with them! Who knew?)

Is there ANYWHERE I can use a store gift card to purchase a Disney gift card? My current frontrunners are Staples, Walmart, Best Buy, Kohl's, Bed Bath & Beyond, and TJ Maxx.

If not, I'll probably just use it on a Starbucks card so I don't feel guilty about my cold brew habit, but wanted to check first.

Uh... you might want to call United to merge all your accounts?

Are you sure you don’t want to try to keep your miles alive? I suggested buying a small denomination eGC using MPX, which will do the trick.

As for GC>Disney GC, your best bet is Walmart. Walmart still allows GC>GC, and if you have/have access to a Sam’s Club membership, you can use a Walmart GC at Sam’s Club or samsclub .com to buy discounted (~4% off) Disney GCs.

Staples, Best Buy, Kohl’s, and TJ Maxx are no go on GC>GC. I don’t think Kohl’s or TJ Maxx even sell Disney GCs. BB&B’s system allows it, but YMMV whether your cashier will let you use a GC to buy a Disney GC, or accuse you of a federal crime.

Uh... you might want to call United to merge all your accounts?

Are you sure you don’t want to try to keep your miles alive? I suggested buying a small denomination eGC using MPX, which will do the trick.

As for GC>Disney GC, your best bet is Walmart. Walmart still allows GC>GC, and if you have/have access to a Sam’s Club membership, you can use a Walmart GC at Sam’s Club or samsclub .com to buy discounted (~4% off) Disney GCs.

Staples, Best Buy, Kohl’s, and TJ Maxx are no go on GC>GC. I don’t think Kohl’s or TJ Maxx even sell Disney GCs. BB&B’s system allows it, but YMMV whether your cashier will let you use a GC to buy a Disney GC, or accuse you of a federal crime.

Working on the merging part :) It has to be done online and you can only do one at a time. I don't know how I ended up with all these accounts but I think it's from when I was a kid and we flew frequently. My dad must have signed me up a few times and then I signed myself up again for my last intl trip.

It's so few miles (less than 3k total) and since I'm working on the SW CP for 2019-2020 I think I'd rather have the free money at the moment. I'll try Walmart! Thanks!

I got all of them on my Everyday card, checked my SPG Biz... not 1! :badpc:

I'm holding off adding any of them and hope for a miracle they appear on my SPG card. I may have to throw some random purchases on there just to get some better offers. I don't use it much, mostly just AmEx offers since Stariott points are pretty much only good for Stariott stays. Maybe finishing off Staples or Lowe's 10% off will kick start some good offers.

I reached back for this because a Miracle did occur!! I was just going through my offers on the SPG Biz after not signing in for about a week and pixiedust: there they were. I actually skipped past them all until I saw one at the very bottom of the list, and since I've been seeing them on every other card we have it didn't click until that last one that Hey! That's a Stariott offer! :rotfl:When I scrolled through again all 4 were there.

I guess the moral of the story is after 2 or 3 weeks AmEx gets desperate and casts a wider net... or fixes the glitch :) I did put one charge on it but that was just rounding off my Lowe's offer so it was only a couple days after these came out and didn't seem to affect anything - at least not right away.

Well that took about 30 pages to catch up.

I saw someone was going for the Delta Amex Gold Biz and had an offer for like 60k. Was that an emailed offer? I see only 30K on the amex website. I already have the personal one.

Also the amex 5 rule...is that 5 cards no matter what? Or can you have 5 biz, 5 personal? I have the SPG Biz, the Delta Gold and the Hilton. I'd like to get the Hilton Biz and maybe the Delta Gold Biz.

The AmEx 5 cards rule is limited to 5 credit cards total, that includes both biz and personal. You can have as many charge cards as you can stomach the fees and avoid the popup on, but you are limited on the credit side.

Has anyone booked DCL thru Costco? Our PIF date is coming up in January. I have about $2500 in GCs to use then $2500 to put on cc. I understand it is billed as DCL even though payment is to Costco, correct? If I use CSR, does DCL code as travel?

Yup, the charge is from DCL, Costco is just the TA. It should code as travel. Onboard account might not though, so maybe you want to keep a little of the GCs for that.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/which-purchases-count-as-travel-chase-sapphire-reserve-preferred/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter