I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the RMN offers for Walmart, CVS, Staples, Home Depot and Kohl’s on 9/18. This morning I had the Walmart one post. The rest are still pending. Has anyone noticed, is it usually overnight that they post? Or should I continue to check the app multiple times a day? I’m dying to do them again ASAP

I have 3 accounts and oddly, 2/3 Staples runs posted overnight, but the other remained in pending. All were GC only purchases on the same day. Waiting for Walgreens to hopefully post sooner because I’d like to finish off my CF category bonus in one more trip.

I save them to my wallet so I can see what I need to do at each store....keeps the list organized. and I forget in like 10 seconds what I need to buy between stores.:thumbsup2 star/unstar is useful for me.

This is me. It’s just nice to have everything saved on one screen, so I can easily go through and check the minimums and make sure everything is linked up and down the page of saved offers.

I plan on taking advantage to the Neiman Marcus Amex Plat $50 credit also, is there a way to load that offer to my Amex SPG Biz? Thanks

Unfortunately, if it's an amex offer you have then no, can't change it to the biz (the old multi tab trick is way dead).

I hear you! The more I think about it, the more I think someone at Disney/Chase should think this through. It's not such a far fetched idea really... (Come ON... even the Disney Premier is SOOOOO meh.) Disney travelers take vacations there year after year. I SO wish Chase would give me a Disney card I actually WANT to keep in my wallet.

Tell me, I'm curious... what would you look for in a perfect Disney credit card? I think for me...

Resort credit, dining credit, good 3x overall spending categories, first crack at special events... those are just a few.

I agree that the Chase/Disney cards are so meh. It's this co-branding partnership that could be so ah-mazing, but... meh.

It is a targeted offer. I saw it in offers last weekend and then also got the email today. I am jumping on it since I upgraded my personal spg to the Lux and conveniently enough got the offer on the Lux. Whether or not you stop using it for CSR I guess depends on what your focus is right now. It seems like a wash to me in most cases.

That is so funny wallets got brought up today. I just ordered a new larger one this week! Amazon has a ton to choose from. Mine is not quite the one @wendow found but has a lot of slots. My problem is that if I don’t have my Amex cards with me I am not going to use them. And I want Amex to be happy with DH so now I have his cards too (refuses to carry more than 2 at a time). Making copies of front and back of cards is a good idea though just in case. :)
my name is hsmamato2 and I have a wallet problem..... ok I have bought more wallets within the past few months than needed....and they're all sitting discarded on the closet. I'm going to take a 2nd look ate the skinny wallet brand ...I got DH one of those last year and after much protesting on behalf of his crummy old wallet he loves it! and it's skinny in spite of all the junk he jams into it!

I am so excited about this! DH thinks I'm crazy but that's nothing new :D I'm going to be one of those calling Oct 4th (if the rumors are correct) and asking/begging for the metal rose gold card. It's almost as exciting as a new card but without the MSR!

If the new PRG actually comes in a Rose Gold and Metal card (and now that I've read it, WHY NOT?! IT'S BRILLIANT MARKETING!!!), I'll be on the phone to order it for DW!

If your son isn't in immediate need of credit, I would just mail in the documentation they asked for & try again in a few months.

If you hear nothing back, if you receive his credit report by mail & there's something fishy on it, or if you still can't access his file online in a few months, I'd start calling.

You can also freeze his Equifax report (or all of them, really) while you're waiting: https://my.equifax.com/consumer-registration/UCSC/#/personal-info This should work even if you can't access the file itself. I'm not sure why :confused3
I might just do that,altho will that impact me adding him as AU to a new card I might be getting?....and... the equifax page that I got yesterday with number to call in for the report by mail is now gone b/c my chrome browser updated overnight and signed me out of everything I had on hold.....

Just to clarify - you might be confusing the Chase 5/24 rule with a card limit. There is no limit to the number of Chase cards you can hold. I think at one point I had 9 or 10 open. My wife had a similar count too. Currently I have 2x Disney, 2x Freedom, 2x SW, and IHG (so 7 cards). My wife has 2x Freedom, CSR, CSP, CIP, Disney, Marriott, IHG (so 8 cards). Of course it can be a challenge to get more than 5 Chase cards with the 5/24 rule unless you had some open from awhile ago.

@have2getaway - just to add, when @SouthFayetteFan refers to the 5/24 rule, that's Chase's hard rule that they will not approve you for a new card that is subject to that rule if your credit report shows you've opened 5 or more card accounts in the past 24 months. Authorized/additional user (AU) accounts could also count against your */24 count. If you're seeking advice what cards you should get and what cards you might be eligible for, it would help us if you could list out the CARD NAME and MONTH/YEAR OPENED for each card you've opened in the past 2 years, and include any AU cards too.

@Alice Sr. - so glad to see you back on this thread!

Please remind me, are you still under 5/24?

If so, you could apply for the CIC separately and get a 50k UR signup bonus. There is no bonus for product changing a CIP to CIC.
Thank you Lain, I had to put myself in rehab for a little while ;)! No not currently, I may be in the spring if I limit myself to biz cards between now and then. That will be a new post (to wait or not to wait).

Hi All - I have a couple of questions I would greatly appreciate some help with. I was instantly approved for the Delta Biz Gold on 9/15. It was on my AMEX site the same night including CL. I want to use it to book a flight so called to get the number and they said can't do that. I thought I read here that it is possible to get the number ahead of time, did I misread...?

DP - last night I was able to hit CVS, Walgreens, HD (all Disney GCs), and Kohls (surprised Kohls did not have Disney GCs boo) all times 2, all pending. I was not able to split the transaction at any of these stores though, had to run everything separate.

Heading to Chicagoland today to shop and have dinner with my BFF :goodvibes (and contemplate strategies for our 2020 trip to Ireland and Switzerland). While there I will be hitting Staples, GNC, Nordstrom Rack and Neiman Marcus :)

I plan on taking advantage to the Neiman Marcus Amex Plat $50 credit also, is there a way to load that offer to my Amex SPG Biz? Thanks
pixiedust: card came in the mail, flight booked at a super reasonable rate given the Thanksgiving holiday. My 1st spend, free luggage, which frees me up to get Delta GCs using the $200 airline credit on the Amex Plat, and money that I am obligated to use ;) for my shopping trip that I am now way late for. Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for sharing all the info :thanks:

I hear you! The more I think about it, the more I think someone at Disney/Chase should think this through. It's not such a far fetched idea really... (Come ON... even the Disney Premier is SOOOOO meh.) Disney travelers take vacations there year after year. I SO wish Chase would give me a Disney card I actually WANT to keep in my wallet.

Tell me, I'm curious... what would you look for in a perfect Disney credit card? I think for me...

Resort credit, dining credit, good 3x overall spending categories, first crack at special events... those are just a few.

Gosh that is tough! Well depending on the AF which the benefits would have to justify. I'd look for a resort credit to stay on property when I plan something short notice and there aren't DVC rooms. If I got 6x or better for dining on property I could be tempted to use that over CSR. This also depends on what those points are worth or how they can be used after they are earned. I could also be tempted with 20% or better off on dining on property a la TIW style benefit since we do get the TIW every year. It also pays for itself every year. Airline credit or travel credit like CSR or Amex Plat. Exclusive access or first dibs on events is a great idea!

DP- 10,000 skymiles posted from the Amex Delta referral finally (I think it was only about 10 days but felt like forever).

The Citi website is so unhelpful I'm planning on closing my TY Prestige next month so wanted to make sure I didn't leave any TYP on the table so I transferred my remaining 1000 TY points to my flying blue account.

I'm $3200 into my SPG Lux spend and those points posted (6---) so hopefully by this time next month I'll have the bonus in hand (or knowing me...spent) :)

Small steps but a little progress is better than none.

I just recently got the CIC. Do the office supply stores charge a fee for gift cards?

Not for 3rd party merchant like Disney, Macy's, Restaurant, Bed Bath Beyond etc. Visa, MC and Amex GCs always have a fee. Sometimes Staple and Office Max/Depot will have an offer that makes those purchases fee free and even profitable.

not to beat a dead horse but that wallet.... (mine is so bulky!) how does it lay when full,like 16 cards plus a phone and some cash? every other wallet I try either has a giant heavy zipper to close it up or looks huge and ungainly when full....

I don't think anyone here actually has that wallet yet - the pic was pulled from Amazon.

But, I'm thinking if filled it would end up fairly thick, but the real value is in being able to 'see' the card you want in it's slot rather then having to pull out a dozen cards and be ruffling through them for the one you want.

Right now, my little bag - ok it's a Disney Dooney with Mickey and Minnie in mostly white with some black and red - has 4 slots built in, in which I can stuff about 8 cards. I had gotten to the point where I had to find a place to sit or lean to find the card I needed before going to check out.

The wallet in question is not for me, but if anyone sees any more candidates that hold multiple cards, please post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter