• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lost down the rabbit hole trying to decide on flights for Alaska next year but most options are looking like SW/Amtrak, United, or AA(and partners) for easy awards flights my brain can work with. Been trying to use my existing pool of points but as offers are popping up and I'm looking for my last card(s) before getting locked out of issuers at 5-6/24 I'm wondering if picking up an airline card might be useful.

It may also break me out of my comfort zone of the Amex/Chase/Discover trifecta I'm happy with. We're against Citi and CapOne - time has not healed those wounds - reluctant on BoA, so while Barclays still scares me a bit I decided to read up on them for the AA Aviator Biz everyone is getting :)

DoC's write up is a little dated but they say Barclays mainly pulls TU. My TU shows 2 inquiries, 4/24 (3/12) with last card opened in April, so almost exactly 5 months ago. (Now that was my double dip so there's 2 cards listed for the same date, not sure if that weirds them out) I'd be applying as a "business" so I have no gov documentation for anything if they get picky. My HHI is good but biz revenue is low, I'm projecting 1k this year. Chase and AmEx have been happy with that, is Barclays lenient too?

Aside from the abysmal website, anything else I should know about them or the card? Is it worth a shot with those stats if I don't have an exact use for the miles? (although if i get them I may just find a use for them since I paid for them) Or best to just hang out in the waters I'm used to for now so I'm not scarred for life this early in? :rolleyes:

I've been lost down the rabbit hole trying to decide on flights for Alaska next year but most options are looking like SW/Amtrak, United, or AA(and partners) for easy awards flights my brain can work with. Been trying to use my existing pool of points but as offers are popping up and I'm looking for my last card(s) before getting locked out of issuers at 5-6/24 I'm wondering if picking up an airline card might be useful.

It may also break me out of my comfort zone of the Amex/Chase/Discover trifecta I'm happy with. We're against Citi and CapOne - time has not healed those wounds - reluctant on BoA, so while Barclays still scares me a bit I decided to read up on them for the AA Aviator Biz everyone is getting :)

DoC's write up is a little dated but they say Barclays mainly pulls TU. My TU shows 2 inquiries, 4/24 (3/12) with last card opened in April, so almost exactly 5 months ago. (Now that was my double dip so there's 2 cards listed for the same date, not sure if that weirds them out) I'd be applying as a "business" so I have no gov documentation for anything if they get picky. My HHI is good but biz revenue is low, I'm projecting 1k this year. Chase and AmEx have been happy with that, is Barclays lenient too?

Aside from the abysmal website, anything else I should know about them or the card? Is it worth a shot with those stats if I don't have an exact use for the miles? (although if i get them I may just find a use for them since I paid for them) Or best to just hang out in the waters I'm used to for now so I'm not scarred for life this early in? :rolleyes:
I, um DH, just got the Barclays AA Biz. I think I put $3k revenue (rental property) and sole proprietor. No other docs requested. DH is 4/24 but got a CIP in May. I have the personal Aviator which I got in 8/2017 when I was maybe 9 or 10/24. It was my 4th Card in 2017, I just got a Chase Card the day before. The personal website is better, the biz one is worse than Citi. But hey, points. I don’t recall when my personal Aviator points posted (silly me I wasn’t tracking that then) but Aviator Biz points haven’t posted, but no statement close yet.

I can't remember what airport you are near, so this may not matter, but have you looked at flights on Alaska? I think they still partner some with AA so it could potentially be a connection situation. The other potential option off the top of my head, though may be a bit crazy and would require passports would be Air Canada. This could be my west coastness coming out, but it doesn't seem like it would be difficult to get up there, but I am in the home of AS air so it's probably my west coastness :)

But if AS works, as much as many of us dislike BofA, which I totally get, the increased offer on both cards right now is good at 30k.

I must be remembering wrong then. I just felt so odd not receiving an email. Either way, I'm so excited to get my new card :D

I did get an email on Wed night soon after I applied. Then a shipment email yesterday and then when we activated the card tonight I got a couple more. Letting you know just in case it matters. Do they have your correct address?

I did get an email on Wed night soon after I applied. Then a shipment email yesterday and then when we activated the card tonight I got a couple more. Letting you know just in case it matters. Do they have your correct address?

I sure hope so! I only get a new Amex like every two weeks lol! I do just feel like an email would have been more normal for my experience but trying not to stress too much.

I sure hope so! I only get a new Amex like every two weeks lol! I do just feel like an email would have been more normal for my experience but trying not to stress too much.

It's probably just a glitch. I was really worried yesterday when my email said that "your replacement card is on its way" when I didn't want a replacement - I wanted the new card I had applied for. That was just a glitch. The card numbers and account are new.

I, um DH, just got the Barclays AA Biz. I think I put $3k revenue (rental property) and sole proprietor. No other docs requested. DH is 4/24 but got a CIP in May. I have the personal Aviator which I got in 8/2017 when I was maybe 9 or 10/24. It was my 4th Card in 2017, I just got a Chase Card the day before. The personal website is better, the biz one is worse than Citi. But hey, points. I don’t recall when my personal Aviator points posted (silly me I wasn’t tracking that then) but Aviator Biz points haven’t posted, but no statement close yet.
Thanks, that's comforting. Maybe I'll see what they think of a 1/3 of that revenue :)

I can't remember what airport you are near, so this may not matter, but have you looked at flights on Alaska? I think they still partner some with AA so it could potentially be a connection situation. The other potential option off the top of my head, though may be a bit crazy and would require passports would be Air Canada. This could be my west coastness coming out, but it doesn't seem like it would be difficult to get up there, but I am in the home of AS air so it's probably my west coastness :)

But if AS works, as much as many of us dislike BofA, which I totally get, the increased offer on both cards right now is good at 30k.

I have actually looked at Alaska and Air Canada. :) For one direction there's not a bad timing for a PHL>YVR through Toronto on Air Canada which surprised me. I've got that tucked in the back to try to figure out Aeroplan or how to make a partner work on that if something easier doesn't appear. I've found Alaska to have some odd layovers, but we may still end up using them Alaska to Cali as they seemingly have the most options. There's a couple AA flights PHL>YVR that use Alaska for the last jump from SEA>YVR, which is kind of why I starting looking AA. (but if we're going to stop in SEA anyway, I start wondering about just adding a few extra hours and going cheap with SW points to SEA and Amtrak to Vancouver - all part of why my head is spinning, so many options :) )

I will keep the BoA cards in mind then if you say the offer's increased. I'll have to follow that more closely now. Thanks!

Thanks, that's comforting. Maybe I'll see what they think of a 1/3 of that revenue :)

I have actually looked at Alaska and Air Canada. :) For one direction there's not a bad timing for a PHL>YVR through Toronto on Air Canada which surprised me. I've got that tucked in the back to try to figure out Aeroplan or how to make a partner work on that if something easier doesn't appear. I've found Alaska to have some odd layovers, but we may still end up using them Alaska to Cali as they seemingly have the most options. There's a couple AA flights PHL>YVR that use Alaska for the last jump from SEA>YVR, which is kind of why I starting looking AA. (but if we're going to stop in SEA anyway, I start wondering about just adding a few extra hours and going cheap with SW points to SEA and Amtrak to Vancouver - all part of why my head is spinning, so many options :) )

I will keep the BoA cards in mind then if you say the offer's increased. I'll have to follow that more closely now. Thanks!

Oh so you only need to get to Vancouver for a cruise? When you said Alaska I thought you meant actually flying there. What month will you be flying? Because we sometimes get mudslides that cover the tracks and I'm not sure if that just affects our commuter train or if it also affects Amtrak. Though with the cruises May-Oct you should be fine because it should dry up by then.

The train would be easy because you can take the lightrail to where/nearby the Amtrak station. I know a fellow Washingtonian did that not long ago when she flew to Alaska, but I can't remember who. I haven't gotten off at that stop but did see the Amtrak symbol on the map.

I've never taken the train but have thought about it if I ever decide to do one of the 2 day cruises between Seattle and Van since they are one way. I kind of think it would be fun but not really. The whole idea of a cruise, unless it's just used as a moving hotel, isn't that interesting to me. I think an Italy or Med cruise where there's a new port every day and no sea days would be the only way I could do it.

The other option, but probably more convoluted is to get to Toronto and use WestJet, which I think is still a low cost carrier. I flew it 18 years ago (wow didn't realize it had been that long) when we went to Calgary. We drove to Abbotsford which used to have free parking and has 4-6 gates I think. It was cheaper than flying from Seattle and was about a 2 1/2 hour drive.

I'm on the hunt tonight for a Marriott that sells gift cards! I have the Amex offer now on the Lux. I'm sure I can find one in Providence that has them.

Took 8 different phone calls to find a property that sells the Marriott gift card but I finally found one - Marriott Downtown Providence. I had to fill out 2 forms for authorization...he insisted that I fill out the Easter 2018 brunch reservation form. Called him out on it and told me to just cross that part off. It was the only part on the form other than my personal info! What was the purpose? Oh well.

It’s much less expensive for us to fly to Orlando as well since we are on the east coast...but I had never been to WDW until we had kids..my son now 30..went for the first time when he was 3 months old....I haven’t kept track but he’s been at least once a year since and now lives in Orlando
My parents took my brother and I when I was like 11 but we stayed at universal and only did one day at mk. I barely remember mk at all. I went again for my senior trip with my parents and we again did 1 day at mk.

kids under 3 are practically free at Disney, probably the cheapest time to take them... just sayin'
I know but I just can’t imagine. They won’t remember anything. As much as I love Disney though I’m sure we will still take them. We talked about waiting until our kids are at least 6. Might have to leave them with grandma and grandpa while they’re little lol

They are still taunting me for our pre-cruise flights too. And I found out if I go buy them at the airport I can save $19 per ticket for some crazy fee they have. I am trying to patiently wait for SW to come down, but am about to give up hope and take Frontier there and Delta home.
Just take frontier. They really aren’t that bad. You get what you pay for but I’m not arguing about a $39 plane ticket each way. They actually are good times in december too. When we flew in July our plane times were horrible: landed in Orlando at 11 pm and flew out at 7 am to go home.

I know but I just can’t imagine. They won’t remember anything. As much as I love Disney though I’m sure we will still take them. We talked about waiting until our kids are at least 6. Might have to leave them with grandma and grandpa while they’re little lol

Ahh...they wouldn’t remember anything at 3 months(but you will)....
.I am surprised what my kids remember from when they were about 3 on up....and take grandma and grandpa....they can watch the kids while you go on rides the kids can’t or have a date night

Success in getting Chase to shift some CL from his SW card to his CSP! Got an email overnight, only took about 12 hrs total. So hopefully the DD will still yield 100,000 UR points. DH needs a new phone and my car needs a timing belt, so that measly $1000 wasn't going to cut it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter